Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked (11232 Views)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / FG, India In Diplomatic Row Over Nigerian’s Death / Nigerians Still Que For South Africa's Visa Despite The Diplomatic Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by dkings101(m): 10:52am On Mar 08, 2012
I love the quote which says "deport two nigerians and we would retaliate". I hope Nigerian govt would act as claimed becos it is inhumanly facing deportation (i must tell cos I have faced deportation before). I want this to be done to Malaysia and other european countries.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Calebsky(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2012
A message from a South african to his countrymen
Hugh - March 7, 2012 at 08:33
Report comment
Most negative comments about the Nigerian people are in ignorance. The average SA has only had exposure from the 419ers and their ilk. The Nigerians are a kind and friendly nation, and having lived there, have been welcomed as a white with more honesty and kindness than in my own country. There is virtually no violent crime or rape. AIDS figure of 4% to our 50%? There is plenty of corruption sure, its the order of the day there, but who are we to judge on corruption? SA is making good money there, we dont need to mess things up because of arrogance.

Hugh - March 7, 2012 at 12:06
Report comment
@Elle-black, You say I dont know what I'm talking about, so I assume you do?
NG has major issues, and its due to a very complex society of Muslim and christian and political divides. The Nigerians you may know in SA are generally the type that cant trade there so they come here to ply their illegal business.
You dont find drugs in NG, the laws are too strict. The North practices Sharia law, you steal, you loose a hand. There is virtually no rape, hence almost no HIV.
You judge a nation of 150million people on the few thousand criminals, then you need to do the same for us. Imagine a City like Lagos with 25Mil people without government grants and free schooling? Our Government cant even run a province with that many people.
As for the Nigerians living there with no wish to come to SA, trust me, they are a damn site nicer in personality and behavior then us. And as I said, I have lived there and experienced there hospitality.
If their infrastructure worked they would whip our asses economically as they are not afraid to work 12 hrs a day for a minimal wage. Unless you've been there reserve you judgment.

Hugh - March 8, 2012 at 08:55
Report comment
@Mike, I'm a SAFA boet, but traveled. SA is my home and dont for one minute think otherwise. I've watched out country deteriorate into a quagmire where it shines on top but is full of krap underneath. Yes, foreigners are in general involved in much of the crime in SA, but never on their own. They always have a proudly SA sticker on their syndicate. In relation to our economical size we are as corrupt as Nigeria, only we have 50 murders a day, a rape every 30 seconds, and a welfare state where 51% of the budget goes to Gov Grants, to people that contribute Zero to the fiscus. If you want to target crappy immigrants, lets start at home, Zim and Moz, are the majority.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by Calebsky(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2012
more coming,

Hugh - March 8, 2012 at 09:05
Report comment
@Fran, the culture of scamming in West Africa is not seen as a crime. Its a willing buyer willing seller concept. They exploit peoples greed, and make a good living out of it, because people are greedy and get caught they cry foul. As for the drugs and prostitution, the media highlights the Nigerians, but not the Russians or the South Africans. See Western Cape Drug cartels in the news? Seldom, but big business there. Proudly South African products.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Diplomatic Row: Senators Want S’african Companies Sacked by stillme(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
F**k south africans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dana-Air Offers Free Ticket On Nigeria’s 53rd Independence / Phillip Effiong Jnr On Biafra...bbc / FG Moves To Combat Money Laundering, Terrorists’ Financing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.