Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa (13978 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Saraki, Dogara Won’t Apologise To Buhari, APC- PDP Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by nezpablo: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
Some arbitrary thinkers may elicit some notable points dat our leaders are culprit,yea,and so what? South africa is way way back in d diplomatic game nd wil crumble in no time if this game continues unabated! Am nt aspirin to go to SA nd i wont dare except its inescapable.i av nt felt d retaliation to d marrow to d fulness of my joy. I just want govt to continue d repartriation,then freezin nd squeezin their business cartel.let mtn nd dstv go,we wl chart our own course. Rise up,o ye nigerians thy foes wil under thy heat be melted!
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by betty009(f): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
As someone has rightly pointed out, how can 1 brother's card be fake while the other was allowed through when they got the cards together? Also do you know that your yellow fever card is one of the compulsory documents one must submit for visa processing? So how come the yellow fever cards were good enough for them to be issued visa then the same cards suddenly turned "fake" at the SA airport?
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by aletheia(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
South Africa apologizes over Nigerian deportations

South Africa has apologized for a mass deportation of Nigerians, saying officials at Johannesburg's main airport did not properly check their health certificates.

The Associated Press

South Africa has apologized for a mass deportation of Nigerians, saying officials at Johannesburg's main airport did not properly check their health certificates.

At a news conference in Pretoria Thursday, deputy foreign minister Ibrahim Ibrahim said: "We wish to humbly apologize to them, and we have."

Two diplomats from the Nigerian High Commission accompanied Ibrahim to the news conference, but refused to comment beyond a joint statement that described tit-for-tat deportations the two countries say should not affect their relations.

On March 2, South Africa deported 125 Nigerians who, according to airport health authorities, carried fraudulent yellow fever cards. Since then, authorities in Lagos have deported South Africans, raising health concerns.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017693938_apafsouthafricanigeriadeportations.html
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Vavavoom(m): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
kokoA:

So comfortable for you to say that abi? Do you also know that Dangote group, Globacom, Zenith Bank, etc are Nigerian companies to? Why do we always have to focus on the negatives? For every bad Nigerian you see abroad, there are 10 other Nigerians contributing positively to the economy of that country. You have a low self esteem and unfurtunately we here on Nairaland don't share that with you.

There is no government in the world that is free from corruption, not even your 'heaven' South Africa, We will keep trying internally to eradicate that but we must not allow ourselves to be maltreated anywhere!

I look at your pronouncements and then check your siggy ,(''If you wann hide something from a black man put it in a book'') really? - I laugh in hysteria that someone who harps on Self Esteem could have a counter punchline contradicting their so-called belief in self worth. Do you know why that line was written or as usual in your lost sense of beign an african giant you just copied and posted that line? Take it away friend, please and then come with another line 'cos if you don;t know it is a  wicked jibe by whites thrown at blacks to portray their dislike towards a reading culture. Talk about irony!

I don't focus on negative. I only admit that we have problems, weighty ones we should be addessing. That my friend is the difference between us.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Reference(m): 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2012
The solution is simple. Place an order for an aircraft carrier and two ballistic missile submarines and you will get your unreserved apologia pronto. That in today's language is called respect.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Bawss1(m): 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
kokoA:

PRETORIA, South Africa — South Africa has apologized for a mass deportation of Nigerians, saying officials at Johannesburg’s main airport did not properly check their health certificates.[/b]At a news conference in Pretoria Thursday, deputy foreign minister Ibrahim Ibrahim said: “We wish to humbly apologize to them, and we have
Two diplomats from the Nigerian High Commission accompanied Ibrahim to the news conference, but refused to comment beyond a joint statement that described Bosom-for-tat deportations the two countries say should not affect their relations.

On March 2, South Africa deported 125 Nigerians who, according to airport health authorities, carried fraudulent yellow fever cards. Since then, authorities in Lagos have deported South Africans, raising health concerns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/south-africa-apologizes-over-nigerian-deportations-faults-airport-health-officials/2012/03/08/gIQAPNigyR_story.

[b]Bloody Fools! I thought they said they will not apologise!
Where are those unpatriotic morons that said our people travelled with fake cards? angry

Ahh, finally Nigerians will get the ego trip that they have been yearning for while the senator gets his vendetta.

Now if only we can deal with the more pressing issues with similar gusto.

End of story.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Kolababa: 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
If you like send MTN out of Nigeria, they have already made their money here. The money they made here has been used to spread their business to other African countries. If you dont know, MTN is the biggest "father xmas" to your lawmakers. So they can't go to that level.
As for crime rate in SA, your bothers in SA contribute to it. Go to the airport, any fight that arrives from SA must carry at least two human remains from SA. Is either they are killed by gunshot or poisoned. This is what your Nigerians do to their fellow Nigerians over there because of money.
As for the yellow card that caused this crisis, SA is right here. You yourself can come to the airport. I work there and I know much about it. You can buy the yellow card from the cleaners in the airport for N1000 - N2000 and these foreign countries are aware of these sharp practices.
For example, a pregnant woman should present a medical fitness certificate certified by a qualified medical doctor to travel. Some Nigerians will not go for these compulsory medical test, they will come to the airport to purchase a fake medical certificate from the airport touts. If this now backfire, your irresponsible government will be making noise provided a senator is involved sha.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Vavavoom(m): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
Reference:

The solution is simple. Place an order for an aircraft carrier and two ballistic missile submarines and you will get your unreserved apologia pronto. That in today's language is called respect.

lol @ Reference. Tongue in cheek? But what happens when the manufacturers of the aircraft carrier cum missles move on a place a pricey premium on those weapons?
Might takes you somewhere, brain(knowledge) takes you everywhere, I should think. Maybe we should work hard to have a knowledge-driven economy?
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by kokoA(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
Vavavoom:

I look at your pronouncements and then check your siggy ,(''If you wann hide something from a black man put it in a book'') really? - I laugh in hysteria that someone who harps on Self Esteem could have a counter punchline contradicting their so-called belief in self worth. Do you know why that line was written or as usual in your lost sense of beign an african giant you just copied and posted that line? Take it away friend, please and then come with another line 'cos if you don;t know it is a  wicked jibe by whites thrown at blacks to portray their dislike towards a reading culture. Talk about irony!

I don't focus on negative. I only admit that we have problems, weighty ones we should be addessing. That my friend is the difference between us.

I can see you have nothing meaninful to contribute to the issue at hand my guy. My last and only advice for you is "Do not allow yourself to be treated like an animal in another man's land".

Saying you just admit we have problems has nothing to do with this matter. Your people were deported for no good reason (For which the S.A authorities have already apologised even before 'ordered' them to) and because you have "weighy problems" you just fold your hands and let things be. I hope we never get a president that thinks like you.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Arosa(m): 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
Kolababa:

If you like send MTN out of Nigeria, they have already made their money here. The money they made here has been used to spread their business to other African countries. If you dont know, MTN is the biggest "father xmas" to your lawmakers. So they can't go to that level.
As for crime rate in SA, your bothers [/b]in SA contribute to it. Go to the airport, any fight that arrives from SA must carry at least two human remains from SA. Is either they are killed by gunshot or poisoned. This is what [b]your Nigerians do to their fellow Nigerians over there because of money.
As for the yellow card that caused this crisis, SA is right here. You yourself can come to the airport. I work there and I know much about it. You can buy the yellow card from the cleaners in the airport for N1000 - N2000 and these foreign countries are aware of these sharp practices.
For example, a pregnant woman should present a medical fitness certificate certified by a qualified medical doctor to travel. Some Nigerians will not go for these compulsory medical test, they will come to the airport to purchase a fake medical certificate from the airport touts. If this now backfire, your irresponsible government will be making noise provided a senator is involved sha.

Which country are you from, Mr observer?
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by kokoA(m): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
Bawss1:

Ahh, finally Nigerians will get the ego trip that they have been yearning for while the senator gets his vendetta.

Now if only we can deal with the more pressing issues with similar gusto.

End of story.

grin grin grin grin grin Ehen nau. E easy? Even if ur big broda na mumu, you no go respect am? grin grin grin
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Vavavoom(m): 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
kokoA:

I can see you have nothing meaninful to contribute to the issue at hand my guy. My last and only advice for you is "Do not allow yourself to be treated like an animal in another man's land".

Saying you just admit we have problems has nothing to do with this matter. Your people were deported for no good reason (For which the S.A authorities have already apologised even before 'ordered' them to) and because you have "weighy problems" you just fold your hands and let things be. I hope we never get a president that thinks like you.

And as silly as you come it didn't occur to your blockhead that we have been certified yellow fever free after 1995 by WHO and that a serious country would have in place a foreign affairs minister who understands such simple matters and have it in bilateral travel agreements so that Nigerian travelling would be exempted at the point of entry. Like I say if you can't see the big picture there's nothing I can do for you. Now, go and dim the light in your room, beat your chest in victory grin
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by jot01(m): 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by dmainboss: 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
The link to the washigton post site doesn't seem to be working
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by kokoA(m): 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Vavavoom:

And as silly as you come it didn't occur to your blockhead that we have been certified yellow fever free after 1995 by WHO and that a serious country would have in place a foreign affairs minister who understands such simple matters and have it in bilateral travel agreements so that Nigerian travelling would be exempted at the point of entry. Like I say if you can't see the big picture there's nothing I can do for you. Now, go and dim the light in your room, beat your chest in victory grin

@ bolded LWKMD grin grin grin I wonder who the " silly blockhead" is in this matter grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Vavavoom(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2012
Kolababa:

As for crime rate in SA, your bothers in SA contribute to it. Go to the airport, any fight that arrives from SA must carry at least two human remains from SA. Is either they are killed by gunshot or poisoned. This is what your Nigerians do to their fellow Nigerians over there because of money.

@ Kolababa, leave the ostriches to hide their heads in sand instead of addressing basic flaws in our system.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by soldee: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
aletheia:

South Africa apologizes over Nigerian deportations

The Associated Press

At a news conference in Pretoria Thursday, deputy foreign minister Ibrahim Ibrahim said: "We wish to humbly apologize to them, and we have."

Two diplomats from the Nigerian High Commission accompanied Ibrahim to the news conference, but refused to comment beyond a joint statement that described Bosom-for-tat deportations the two countries say should not affect their relations.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017693938_apafsouthafricanigeriadeportations.html

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=28pt]Big Broda Africa!!!![/size]
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by nezpablo: 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
@vavavoom.i really like ur sagacious pointer:that we av in-house upheaval nd so forth nd dat d salvation to our ravaging image is to employ a hoslistic measure. Your point is well noted. People here see u as a megaphone 4 d haters. Its nt ur fault,u were trying to be objective as u can. But,what i really dont like in ur opinion is d way u re sayin it! U suppose to av tackle d issue frm all gamut coz self purge wil nt come sooner bt to trade tit 4 tat for those who takes relish in errodin our compelexies is ostesibly compulsory 4 dis time.ur truthful opinions nw fits into d public platform of remedial mission of our image. Our leaders sold us but we must raise a fist to curb perpetual infliteration of such draconian act. SA hates Nigeria!nd any1 u hate,wl nt be treated with a dint of consideration nd mercy. Thats it. Bye
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Vavavoom(m): 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
kokoA:

@ bolded LWKMD grin grin grin I wonder who the " silly blockhead" is in this matter grin grin lipsrsealed

Am not suprised, after all you as a black man has this as your signature, ''if you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book''. So much for someone literate and demanding ''self esteem''. Don't let that laugh trip you, cos the joke is on you man.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by nezpablo: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
God wl help us o.everybody is entitled to his or own opinion
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by 1025: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
the earlier we all understand and agree that south africa is our new colonial masters the better for us. their airline, mtn and dstv are all used in achieving the economic colonization of nigeria of which we are all dependants.
i wish all these our rulers will be receiving similar humiliation whenever they visit any other country of this world.
shameless fools that always want to travel out every minute of the day. who is sure the idiot did not go there for a woman? the truth about all these is that nigerians are now talking because a lawbreaker sorry law maker was involved.
nigerians both home and abraod must come together and declare these rulers our public enemies and make them uncomfortable whenever they leave the boarders of this country.
let them concentrate on changing nigeria.
why are we fighting south africa for keeping to their laws?
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by aletheia(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Topic:

I hope all you self-hating Nigerians that don't see anything wrong in the South African action will now shut up and reflect on why you are so quick to demean your nationality.

[b][size=18pt]S.Africa apologises for turning away Nigerians[/size]

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

PRETORIA — South Africa on Thursday apologised for blocking 125 Nigerians from the country and unveiled new immigration procedures aimed at ending a diplomatic row between the continent's two powerhouses.

The dispute blew up after immigration officials at Johannesburg's main airport on Friday refused entry to Nigerians over suspicions that their yellow fever vaccination cards were fake.

Every day since, Nigeria has turned away dozens of South Africans in retaliation.

"We apologise for this unfortunate incident and we hope this matter will not in any way affect our bilateral relations," deputy foreign minister Ibrahim Ibrahim told reporters in Pretoria.

"We've put into place certain mechanisms to ensure this doesn't happen again, and we believe that this matter is closed," he added.

"We are in contact with the embassy in Nigeria, to see that there are no longer problems, and that any difficulties over vaccination certificates are dealt with before a visa is issued."

He did not expect an apology from Nigeria over its retaliatory actions, he said. "We understand the reaction of the Nigerian authorities."

The authorities have agreed to re-open an airport clinic that would allow travellers to receive yellow fever vaccines on arrival;and to require a foreign ministry official's consent before immigration authorities turn away large groups of travellers.

South Africa, the richest country on the continent, is struggling with its reputation for xenophobia -- a perception that was reinforced after nationwide attacks on immigrants left 62 dead in 2008.

The government has moved quickly to mend this latest row.

"Cabinet expressed shock and regret at the reports regarding how African foreign nationals, particularly Nigerians, and other nationals from other parts of the world have been treated" at Johannesburg's main airport, minister in the presidency Collins Chabane told reporters in Cape Town earlier Thursday.

On Tuesday Nigerian Foreign Minister Olugbenga Ashiru had accused the South African authorities of targeting Nigerians.

"What you see playing out is what we call xenophobia by South Africans against all Africans -- not just Nigerians -- including even those from their neighbouring countries," Ashiru added.

Friday's incident prompted Nigeria's Arik Air to suspend its flights to Johannesburg, though it has since resumed its service.

South Africa's ambassador also called the Nigerian foreign ministry over the issue.

Arik, one of two airlines affected, said health officials had given the reason as incorrect or unrecognised batch numbers on the documentation. Proof of vaccination is mandatory before one can enter the country.

Sales of fake vaccination cards are common at Nigerian borders.
[/b]

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5itIYvwwI88rv-uVPK9LXopiIkB2g?docId=CNG.9f33b3820e09f2b141b9d4a30d1ea33b.381
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2012
Oya oya efri bodi - do da Zuma-Bounce  grin cheesy cool

Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Vavavoom(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
nezpablo:

@vavavoom.i really like ur sagacious pointer:that we av in-house upheaval nd so forth nd dat d salvation to our ravaging image is to employ a hoslistic measure. Your point is well noted. People here see u as a megaphone 4 d haters. Its nt ur fault,u were trying to be objective as u can. But,what i really dont like in ur opinion is d way u re sayin it! U suppose to av tackle d issue frm all gamut coz self purge wil nt come sooner bt to trade Bosom 4 tat for those who takes relish in errodin our compelexies is ostesibly compulsory 4 dis time.ur truthful opinions nw fits into d public platform of remedial mission of our image. Our leaders sold us but we must raise a fist to curb perpetual infliteration of such draconian act. SA hates Nigeria!nd any1 u hate,wl nt be treated with a dint of consideration nd mercy. Thats it. Bye

@Nez, I have no problem with the tit-for-tat instrument in responding to diplomatic rows- it happens the world over. The South Africans in their gaffe were only looking to prey on a country that has chosen not to address how our economic bed is laid. Why are we arming them instead of putting our house in order and schooling them in the art of diplomacy?
The South Africans know that proper diplomatic channels require for the foreign affairs minister to be commnunicated first, the travellers involved quarantined for minimum of 7 days at their cost and if unresolved before any deportation can take place as enshrinde in the United Nations' and Geneva Charters. But becasue we have idiotic leaders who would only react when a senator is involved and every other non-privileged citizen becomes a castaway and a reason for discontent then nobody acts. We MUST treat ourselves with WORTH, first then expect the respect from others. For all we know this could be a test case for something other diplomatic rows. 2010, it was Sudan, last year it was Britain, small Ghana dey do their own e no go tay Niger too go begin treat us with contempt because our house has fallen and in disorder. We need to demand things begin to happen right before our pariah status get out of hand.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Nayah(f): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
Kokoya, I think patriotism does not mean accepting everything, I am a very patriotic lady but I do not like some parts of the behaviour of my fellow brothers ( Cameroon) when something it's wrong we need to accept it clearly and try to change the trend

But yes generalization couples with xenophobia is not acceptable for an African state, because our fathers has transmitted us the sense of sharing and other value which are far from xenophobia and stereotypes
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by HighChief4(m): 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
Why did they apologise, I wanted the wahala to continue so we can properly deal with these losers
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by Nayah(f): 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
lol good afternoon Hig Chief, so you prefer trouble right? grin
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by cantell(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Vaavavoom,
I read your comments and i must say, you're quite a troll.
I've seen guys who feel like shyt about themselves, but you top the list.
Hide your head in shame.
Talk about disloyalty - *spits*
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by HighChief4(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
Nayah:

lol good afternoon Hig Chief, so you prefer trouble right? grin

Wassup Nayah, long time.

Yeah i wanted the drama to drag a bit longer lets see who is the real boss. These guys have been hating on Nigeria for a long time, they just wanna take over at all cost, even in football they behave same way.
Re: We Won’t Apologise To Nigeria, Says S-africa by merengue: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
LWKMD!!!! Make una see patriotism: The same people who have Pakistani carpenters as expatriates yet they say nothing. The same people in whose country Chinese people pay graduates 12k, yet they see nothing wrong. The same people whose leadership collected a scrap ship from the U.S.A and did presidential commissioning. Okay now S/A has apologized, Ndoma Egba's ego has been sated, we have shown that we are Voltron with our 'come and fight" diplomacy, its back to recharging your MTN lines, banking with STANBIC IBTC, going back to shopping at Shoprite and renewal of DSTV subscriptions. Abeg when will the Senate talk about the harassment of Nigerians in Libya, the Nigerians being beheaded in Asia for real or imagined crimes and the fact that Nigerian businesses in Ghana pay more as tax than other foreign companies? NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / Again, Rivers, Ebonyi Community Clashes Claim 20 Persons / EFCC Fails To Remit N1.9tr Recovered Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.