Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont (2436 Views)

Buhari, APC Should Thank Us For Bail-Out money - PDP / Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by oduasolja: 3:59am On Mar 08, 2012
even be able to talk. the igbos would have "dealt" with you . like they promised too.

now dokubo dey shout.

who gave space to shout.

no be yoruba 3rd marine commando under adekunle help una.

yoruba blood spilt to liberate you and what thanks do we get.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Onlytruth(m): 4:15am On Mar 08, 2012
^^

You want them to thank you for killing Adaka Boro.
You want them to thank you for owning more oil blocks than them.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by stayreal: 6:15am On Mar 08, 2012
Onlytruth:

^^

Tell him. The SS have finally opened their eyes to their real enemies. He is still spreading lies even in his original post. Ijaws have seen the game that these cowardly people play.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by okosodo: 6:44am On Mar 08, 2012
Where is the so called adekunle( 3rd brigade commando) now. That is how you will become slaves to the fulani forever! Animal
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by NaMe4: 7:22am On Mar 08, 2012
I thought it was the Nigerian Army that battled with the Biafran Army.

Which one be this Yoruba Special Force you dey talk about?
Or was the 3rd Brigade made up of only Yoruba soldiers?

If your reasoning is followed, we would have to conclude that a soldier of Igbo extraction commanding a brigade in Maiduguri, by extension, has an Igbo army in Borno.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by 9icest: 7:38am On Mar 08, 2012
Funny. Now OBJ and the entire Yoruba are the enemies for supporting Jonathan? So much for calling someone a traitor and hypocritical.
Well lets see the Ibo and the Ijaws vote ALONE get GEJ into power come 2015. Or whoever the Ibos want to present come 2015 do it without the Yoruba. I think the Ibos are too hasty to pick an emeny. Glad you announce your real intentions ahead.grin
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by asorocker: 9:51am On Mar 08, 2012
The Hypocirtes should go ahead and save the TIV who are being massacred right now
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Geomac: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2012
oduasolja, stop opening meaningless threads.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Willywilly9: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2012
Yes, Ijaws should thank Yorubas for killing and destruction of Odi by their son Obasanjo.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by PointB: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
@topic/op[

A troll on the lose!  grin grin grin grin
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by oduasolja: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
now dokubo wants to talk.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by SamIkenna: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
Nwanne slow down, there is a way to love and defend Yoruba without going too far. Ur Id implies "Odua Soldier" and its good you're one but don't be one with so much malice, hate, and bigotry. Ijaw's history spans over 10 to 20 thousand years, if not more, and they deserve a little bit of your respect. Like I said, you need to cool off.

Onlytruth nwanne m, I haven't 4gotten to respond to the issue of Massob you raised. I would respond to it and other things via email. I had your Eze Igbo Nairaland email b4 but cant find it again. I'll appreciate if you post your email once more.

Chukwu gozie gi ma gozie kwa umuigbo.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by manchy7531: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2012

he wants them(ijo) to thank them(yaribas) for giving them a dumb presido

he wants them(ijo) to thank them (Yoruba) for wanting to bring GEJ's government down

also thank them for the invasion odi village in bayelsa by soldiers on orders from OBJ that killed the whole villagers numbering more than 2500 people over 10000 displaced(pure genocide). and OBJ was able to keep the media quiet about it and he went free that was why he compensated they with a dumb presido

www.eraction.org/publications/silence.pdf(read this,if you are an ijaw man you will cry and hate yoruba people and Nigeria as a whole)

www.unitedijawstates.com/sitevisitors.txt

www.genocidewatch.org/, /CrisisWatch_09_10_01_Crisis_Watch_o
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Onlytruth(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Nwanne slow down, there is a way to love and defend Yoruba without going too far. Ur Id implies "Odua Soldier" and its good you're one but don't be one with so much malice, hate, and bigotry. Ijaw's history spans over 10 to 20 thousand years, if not more, and they deserve a little bit of your respect. Like I said, you need to cool off.

Onlytruth nwanne m, I haven't 4gotten to respond to the issue of Massob you raised. I would respond to it and other things via email. I had your Eze Igbo Nairaland email b4 but cant find it again. I'll appreciate if you post your email once more.

Chukwu gozie gi ma gozie kwa umuigbo.

My brother the email is ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com
Looking forward to your mail. wink
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by DuduNegro: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
stayreal:

Tell him. The SS have finally opened their eyes to their real enemies. He is still spreading lies even in his original post. Ijaws have seen the game that these cowardly people play.

Ezeigbo,

. . . would you like me to open a new topic and discuss Adaka Boro. . . . his abuse and murder by Biafrans? Let me know, I can open the can for open deliberation.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by DuduNegro: 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
. . . to those of you talking about your oil. We are not on Delta oil or Rivers or Bayelsa oil. We are on Nigerian oil and you lack the authority and power to evict us from the treasure. If you dont want us on Nigerian oil, then dissolve Nigeria, if you can. . . afterall it's your son at the helms of power. Why cant he take your so called oil and keep it just for your use?
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Onlytruth(m): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Ezeigbo,

. . . would you like me to open a new topic and discuss Adaka Boro. . . . his abuse and murder by Biafrans?   Let me know, I can open the can for open deliberation.  

If you have VALID AND CONCRETE FACTS, you are welcome to open it.  cool
Isn't it why we are here? lol

I have to caution you not to post lies here though.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . . to those of you talking about your oil. We are not on Delta oil or Rivers or Bayelsa oil. We are on Nigerian oil and you lack the authority and power to evict us from the treasure. If you dont want us on Nigerian oil, then dissolve Nigeria, if you can. . . afterall it's your son at the helms of power. Why cant he take your so called oil and keep it just for your use?

hehehe! I de laff.

Well, what can I saw my friend; what can I say?
Never say never though. cool
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
okosodo:

Where is the so called adekunle( 3rd brigade commando) now. That is how you will become slaves to the fulani forever! Animal

Very stoopid question

Adekunle had a job to do and he did it

its like asking where are the soldiers who defeated Nazi army now? Duh
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by CaptBarbosa: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
All hail our HERO cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/651625_Black_Scorpion_jpgd3057d4afd0afe3977e754b23323963f

dayokanu:

Very stoopid question

Adekunle had a job to do and he did it

its like asking where are the soldiers who defeated Nazi army now? Duh
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by yarodin: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
LOL, if a cockroach had defeated Biafra NR Yoruba will find it's dik and suck it dry.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by LogicMind: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
When did they ask for your help?
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by DuduNegro: 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ezeigbo,

I want you hear from the son of the soil himself. . . Ibime. Read his response to Dede"s lies. Dede is the most articulate of the Biafran liers here on NL. Hear his version of history debunked and flogged. If Dede's account is so untruthful, what chance do any of you grunts have of absolving Biafra of blame in Delta people's abuse and persecution, or in this instance, of Boro's death?

Ibime (m)
London - PH City

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy
« #27 on: July 29, 2009, 10:25 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Dede1 on July 29, 2009, 09:14 PM

(1.) The Brigade commanded by Adaka Boro never joined fight in the capture of Okirika Refinery Jetty that saw the occupation of Okirika by Nigerian vandals. I must say that Brigade under Boro made it easier for the capture of Opobo, Andoni, Obodo, Oranga and Buguma.

There were four Brigades readied to assault Port Harcourt. The Brigades included 14, 15, 16 and the Brigade under Boro. I intentionally omitted the number designating the Brigade under Boro bacuse it was summarily disbanded after the death of its commander. The first move to capture Port Harcourt was all out assault on Eleme which fell into vandals hands after bitter fighting. It was at this juncture that Boro decided to branch to Okirika on a private visit when the ambush was set and his faith was sealed.

Following the death of Boro, the Nigerian propaganda machine attributed the killing to fleeing Biafran soldiers. However, at the time of Boro’s death, there was no Biafran unit operating in Okirika axis. It was the same 15th Brigade yet under the command of another Yoruba extraction that carried out the massacre of the civilians at Ogba-Egbama.

(2.) How could you accuse Ojukwu of not dividing Biafra into autonomous entities when the birth of country suddenly attracted war of attrition? If you had accused Ojukwu of not including all the minority peeps in decision-making, I would have say that is debatable. But I am afraid such argument could still not fly in the face of scrutiny.

(3.) The leadership of Biafra, to the best of my knowledge, comprised many minority stalwarts that one such stalwart was an Ijo who gave the name Biafra to the country.

(4.) I must say that Brigade under Boro made it easier for the capture of Opobo, Andoni, Obodo, Oranga and Buguma.

Ibime's response. . . . .

(1.) With regard to the bolded part, I think your faulty knowledge of Rivers State geography hinders your argument.

Firstly, Eleme refinery is in Okrika and nowhere near Port Harcourt or even Eleme town. My village house is directly opposite Eleme Refinery (which is situated in a land called Samanga) and all my neighbours are Okrikans drawn mostly from Kalio village which is also opposite the refinery and Ogan village which is a little further away. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE ELEME MAN LIVING NEXT TO THE REFINERY. Right on the left hand side of the refinery is Okrika Grammar school. Eleme town itself is 20 minutes drive from the refinery. I do not know who called the refinery Eleme refinery and have never cared to ask. If as you say, Adaka-Boro was in Eleme refinery area, then his command must have been preparing an assault on Kirike Town, which is a 5 minute walk across the bridge. Adaka-Boro was killed in Kirike Town, as part of his duties, not because he branched off back into Kirike. You cannot branch off into somewhere which is only 5 minutes away. 3rd Marine Brigade were the ones who attacked Kirike which was under Biafran occupation at the time and shortly after this time, Boro was killed. I can divulge further anecdotes about the Nigerian invasion of Kirike cos my father was in Kirike at the time, but lets just leave it there for now.

(2.) Suddenly attracted war of attrition? Come on now, dont play chess with me. Ojukwu declared Biafra in May 1967, after which he had time to fly to Ghana to draw up the Aburi accord with Gowon and hold several other consultative meetings, but had no time to draw up a similar accord with minorities of the former Eastern Region? No constitution, no memorandum of agreement, and not even a verbal promise in the 2 months that elapsed before the start of the war proper? You cannot be serious. This is another strategic and tactical mistake on the part of Ojukwu to go along with all the other tactical mistakes that you believe he made.

(3.) As I have said, fair treatment of minorities in Biafra cannot be assumed under a wishy-washy approach to fair play. The fact that Ijaw men were in the Biafran army is not a signal of mutual cooperation when at the same time, all calls for an agreement to protect the autonomy of minorities are summarily dismissed. Besides, I expect all soldiers in Biafra to occupy positions based on the heirarchy of the former Nigerian army, and I expect Bayelsa State to produce top members of the Biafran military as Bayelsa State have always had a strong presence in the Nigerian army.

(4.) This contradicts your statement on the Ken Saro-Wiwa thread that Adaka-Boro was nothing but a ragtag militant who had little or no effect during the war. The likes of OBJ wrote in his book that Boro's brigade was the most effective brigade in the Niger-Delta and the Niger-Delta could not have been captured without Boro.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by AndreUweh(m): 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ndigbo, please quit this thread. Ijaws and Yorubas has to tear one another here.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by DuduNegro: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
Matter of fact you know what, Ezeigbo,. . . . why don't I just link to the discussion from here so people can get their own understanding of the drama.  Let me know if any more cans you want opened.   cool

http://https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-302497.0.html#msg4268796
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Ibime (m)
London - PH City

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy
« #27 on: July 29, 2009, 10:25 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Dede1 on July 29, 2009, 09:14 PM

Ibime's response. . . . .

(1.) With regard to the bolded part, I think your faulty knowledge of Rivers State geography hinders your argument.

Firstly, Eleme refinery is in Okrika and nowhere near Port Harcourt or even Eleme town. My village house is directly opposite Eleme Refinery (which is situated in a land called Samanga) and all my neighbours are Okrikans drawn mostly from Kalio village which is also opposite the refinery and Ogan village which is a little further away. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE ELEME MAN LIVING NEXT TO THE REFINERY. Right on the left hand side of the refinery is Okrika Grammar school.  Eleme town itself is 20 minutes drive from the refinery. I do not know who called the refinery Eleme refinery and have never cared to ask. If as you say, Adaka-Boro was in Eleme refinery area, then his command must have been preparing an assault on Kirike Town, which is a 5 minute walk across the bridge. Adaka-Boro was killed in Kirike Town, as part of his duties, not because he branched off back into Kirike. You cannot branch off into somewhere which is only 5 minutes away. 3rd Marine Brigade were the ones who attacked Kirike which was under Biafran occupation at the time and [size=14pt]shortly after this time[/size], Boro was killed. I can divulge further anecdotes about the Nigerian invasion of Kirike cos my father was in Kirike at the time, but lets just leave it there for now.

(2.) Suddenly attracted war of attrition? Come on now, dont play chess with me.[size=14pt] Ojukwu declared Biafra in May 1967, after which he had time to fly to Ghana to draw up the Aburi accord with Gowon and hold several other consultative meetings[/size], but had no time to draw up a similar accord with minorities of the former Eastern Region? No constitution, no memorandum of agreement, and not even a verbal promise in the 2 months that elapsed before the start of the war proper? You cannot be serious. This is another strategic and tactical mistake on the part of Ojukwu to go along with all the other tactical mistakes that you believe he made.

(3.) As I have said, fair treatment of minorities in Biafra cannot be assumed under a wishy-washy approach to fair play. The fact that Ijaw men were in the Biafran army is not a signal of mutual cooperation when at the same time, all calls for an agreement to protect the autonomy of minorities are summarily dismissed. Besides, I expect all soldiers in Biafra to occupy positions based on the heirarchy of the former Nigerian army, and I expect Bayelsa State to produce top members of the Biafran military as Bayelsa State have always had a strong presence in the Nigerian army.

(4.) This contradicts your statement on the Ken Saro-Wiwa thread that Adaka-Boro was nothing but a ragtag militant who had little or no effect during the war. The likes of OBJ wrote in his book that Boro's brigade was the most effective brigade in the Niger-Delta and the Niger-Delta could not have been captured without Boro.

couldn't help picking holes in the post above
the first one suggests that boro was killed after kirike was captured. how could biafrans have killed him after they've already left town. hmm.

second bolded is a historical lie because the aburi conferences held in january 1967. so how can ojukwu declare biafra in may 1967 before going to aburi?    na wa for dis kain lie  embarassed

una too dey lie sha.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by DuduNegro: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
Andre,  why quit?   You delved into issues that had nothing to do with you and when your yansh is bared open you want to cut and run. . . .

I want your .dumb Ezeigbo to give me a respond on the assertions he made earlier and in respect of Ibime's narrative on what happened.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2012
Aburi Accord was reached 1967 at a meeting attended by delegates of both the Federal Government of Nigeria (The supreme Military Council) and the Eastern delegates, led by the soon-to-become-Biafran leader Colonel Ojukwu. The meeting was billed to be the last chance of preventing all out war.[1] It was held between 4 and 5 January 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aburi_Accord
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
how did ojukwu declare biafra in may 1967 before going to aburi in january 1967?
which kain history be dis?
na wa.
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
why is it that Yorubas just want to lie against ndigbo at every turn?
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by DuduNegro: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
re@lchange:

couldn't help picking holes in the post above
the[b] first one suggests that boro was killed after kirike was captured. how could biafrans have killed him after they've already left town. hmm.[/b]

second bolded is a historical lie because the aburi conferences held in january 1967. so how can ojukwu declare biafra in may 1967 before going to aburi?    na wa for dis kain lie  embarassed

una too dey lie sha.

lol!   first, you said it "suggests".  You did not say it "said". . . . two different meanings!   The timeline of event says 3MCO attacked Okrika which was at the time occupied by Biafra.  "Shortly after that time" could mean shortly after the attack of Okrika. . . or it could mean shortly after Biafra was expelled from Okrika.  

So I urge you to read and understand and write logically like you have sense.   The narrative is right in front of us, why are you trying to twist it?
Re: You Ijaws Should Thank Us Yorubas For Saving Your Lives. Otherwise Today U Wont by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
i think i know why now
na oil.
Yoruba will do anything for oil.  they will lie cheat kill sabotage stab in the back all for oil.
na wa for dis kain people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet 11-year-old Boy Whose Dream Is To Kill The President Of His Country (PHOTO) / They Are Still Good Areas In Abia / Yoruba Movie Producers Please Mind Your Translations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.