Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8162890 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=cutienik post=42681365][/quote]
No wahala ....Am open minded about it. All I ask is it shouldn't disturb my LO!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Congratulations may your Lo bring lots of blessing to your home.

Spicychic847 congratulations too, may your Lo bring all goodies life can afford.

Mummyife welcome.

nkkystel:
Mamas praise God with me!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
What will wives not see? Well I was served my own pound of flesh by mil today and I stood my ground in saying NO!
Okay let me report myself.
Because my hospital is closer to my in-law's place and my mil is a midwife, 40years experience, she'll be able to monitor me during this last stage of pregnancy.
So today, she called me that her grandnephew of 14years o, I shouldn't be calling him by his name but brother xx. I thought she was joking and told her I can't that my uncles' wives call me by name.
She was furious that I dared question her authority and how could I refer to my family when brideprice was paid.
In the heat it all, dh came to visit me and he took side with me. Then mil called fil to start coming home immediately. When fil was told about everything, he said such culture is not practised again that the urgent call made him scared that something bad had happened to me who's 34weeks pregnant and have miscarriage history.
Thank God I got full support of dh and fil if not I would have involved my family with a matter that started small but escalated. I'm leaving in-law's place tomorrow. I can't condone mil's attitude towards me after the confrontation. Not in this jet age will any mil dictate to dil what she should do

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 12:31am On Feb 07, 2016
maureensylvia:
gud evening mamas in Da house

I finally bought the Rhogam injection today, as a mum indicated earlier that the price increases per dollar rate...I bought mine for 31800...I wanted to leave it dia as dey said cos dey advised that it should be kept refrigerated till d day of delivery but dh insisted he will go home with it cos nobody knows d time Labour will come, whether at midnight...although its in my fridge now but am scared whether it will spoil or not...pls I need advice on this
Good decision you've made but it needs to be refrigerated all the time. With our poor power supply, you won't be able to keep it fresh so expect you have access to power supply 24/7, I'd advise you store it with your hospital you'll give birth
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 12:54am On Feb 07, 2016
Ahnie, she is super fast. Time to chop frog don reach. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 1:02am On Feb 07, 2016
cutienik:
@nkkystel congrats ma

madam britney abeg no brainwash our madam mitchyy...na july tins we dey do o....e sora yin o.

@MumZ....welcum ma are u sure u dnt want teamjluijuli...'wink'...lol

No July 4 me o, I'm 3rd week of August, July 'll mean half baked baby nd I no want. No worry una plenty 2. Safe delivery 2 us all insha Allah.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 1:11am On Feb 07, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Chai....Welcome Teamie ooo . As you don get experience for this journey na you for be our class captain oo but you choose to be in ghostmode..... lipsrsealed embarassed. You can still be checking up once a week here sha

I'm always here o, just laziness 2 type. I dey fig d thread bumper 2 bumper. U r doing a great job as captain, carry go. Happy bumping n safe delivery 2 us all insha Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 07, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 1:46am On Feb 07, 2016
meenagiggs:

You no want? Be grateful to God for whichever one He gives you. There are many people out there who would kill to have the so called
'half baked baby'
I hate it when people especially women talk as if having a pre-term baby is something terrible.
I actually find it offensive.

Dnt get offended because confessions brings confirmation. Its nt okay 2 settle 4 less so speak wat u want n u get it.
During my first scan at 7wks fibroid was dictated n d doc said no problem wt it's location, der n den dh commanded d fibroid to dry up n disappear n he said it very load. My doc was trying to convince him nt to see it as an issue since its nt significant due to d location bt he told d doc dat since his baby is der natin can contend wt it. Since afta den all my later scan could nt dictate any presence of fibroid again n no abdominal pain to make me imagine.
Always go 4 wat u wat by confessing it until it comes to pass. Humans r diff bt b d best in all.

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 3:58am On Feb 07, 2016
Chop frog ke...monami,i certainly would.but let my great madam attain a reasonable age before takin in, i heard it makes some kids sickly lookin muke-muke.how dy?
rezzy:
Ahnie, she is super fast. Time to chop frog don reach. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 4:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Exposure z not a yardstick for intelligent,your mil z the authoritative type,my joy z,yu stood yur ground.@this crucial stage,trust me,you dont need stress,its well with Mama.
sayoddy:
What will wives not see? Well I was served my own pound of flesh by mil today and I stood my ground in saying NO!
Okay let me report myself.
Because my hospital is closer to my in-law's place and my mil is a midwife, 40years experience, she'll be able to monitor me during this last stage of pregnancy.
So today, she called me that her grandnephew of 14years o, I shouldn't be calling him by his name but brother xx. I thought she was joking and told her I can't that my uncles' wives call me by name.
She was furious that I dared question her authority and how could I refer to my family when brideprice was paid.
In the heat it all, dh came to visit me and he took side with me. Then mil called fil to start coming home immediately. When fil was told about everything, he said such culture is not practised again that the urgent call made him scared that something bad had happened to me who's 34weeks pregnant and have miscarriage history.
Thank God I got full support of dh and fil if not I would have involved my family with a matter that started small but escalated. I'm leaving in-law's place tomorrow. I can't condone mil's attitude towards me after the confrontation. Not in this jet age will any mil dictate to dil what she should do
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pocahuntaz(f): 4:45am On Feb 07, 2016
@spicy Congrats..God bless ur LO

@nkkystel Congrats dear....God bless nd watch ova u nd family..

Abeg I can't wait fr LO 2 cme undecided

Nkkystel rest oooo,mak u cme gv u d superstory...

#teamfebfreasydelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 5:03am On Feb 07, 2016
ozycy:

You can say that again grin
Team July don't want to accept defeat. tongue

We are defeatless. The only small but mighty team. With mamas like @cutienik, @iyabetajos and @raptor2 nothing can shake us. Watch out for our delivery and our cuties. Hehehehe grin

We can make mouth sha. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 6:28am On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:

I wish you had the opportunity to bring this here before deciding on a course of action. Your MIl belongs to the generation where those things are practised and we cannot change her. After all my own initial gragra with inlaw matters I've come to realise that perhaps a subtle approach is indeed the way to go! Some battles are not worth it. Knowing what I know now if it were me id have laughed and said its ok. The said individual how many times do you see him or have to interact with him? After you born ya pikin nor be your house you go return to? I'm happy your dh took sides but the other family members nko? Sometimes these small small issues start up large fires that will be hard to quench. Please find a way to mend fences with the woman. Na beg I dey beg you. As for calling the fellow uncle how about calling him Mr xyz? Will it be easier than uncle? Or just do it a few times it'll likely fizzle out soon anyway..please and please think of the future and the fact that you want your children to have a smooth relationship with their grandma

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:02am On Feb 07, 2016
Anak123:

Hello, fibroids do cause pains. Got a num of dem with this preg, one entirely covering cervix, in fact my tummy looks so lumpy its annoying, sometimes d tins tighten up like hard balls angry angry, 31 weeks now so.......cant just wait!!!!.
Thank you for responding. ...So what does the Doctor say about that one covering your cervix?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2016
@ babythug , forget that thing... I'm all for peace too but how could a grown married woman be calling a lil teenager Brother? Say wetin happen? When the boy should be the one calling her aunty...Seriously, I would hv done same if in her shoes though in a subtle manner... .can't accept what I can't do.. not because you're married to them, you accept every crap thrown to you .. Her MIL had her opinion and she had her opinion too which isn't bad... They can make peace afterwards. .

If you dance to the tune of in laws every time just for peace, you go tire someday and they would say you've changed. . It's better being yourself from day 1...

Some people may say what's the big deal calling him brother? But why must the MIL insist on it? It should be something done out of freewill...

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:17am On Feb 07, 2016
Gboliwe:

The hospital even cheated you for you yo have paid N10k.
Just so yo know, the bedspace is free for up to 21days. And no matter the service rendered, you should pay only for drugs. The CS bill should not even be tampered with.

Thank God for safe delivery
You seem to know so much about NHIS and it's benefits, please tell me more about it. Or is there where I can go to and read about the benefits it accords it's user's?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 7:26am On Feb 07, 2016
mitchyy:

We are defeatless. The only small but mighty team. With mamas like @cutienik, @iyabetajos and @raptor2 nothing can shake us. Watch out for our delivery and our cuties. Hehehehe grin

make dem no try us. ohh.shey ms don waka .dey should watch out for us

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 7:39am On Feb 07, 2016
PresVA:
@ babythug , forget that thing... I'm all for peace too but how could a grown married woman be calling a lil teenager Brother? Say wetin happen? When the boy should be the one calling her aunty...Seriously, I would hv done same if in her shoes though in a subtle manner... .can't accept what I can't do.. not because you're married to them, you accept every crap thrown to you .. Her MIL had her opinion and she had her opinion too which isn't bad... They can make...

I get you dear but I would rather save my strength for bigger battles. I'd probably call the boy uncle in the presence of my hubby and in a most dramatic way such that he will be the one to insist such nonsense must not be meted out to his wife.

With some cultures its better to be political* when dealing with inlaws. Don't know if you get my drift now?

Sometimes you can also subtly ensure there's space between you all to avoid these kind of meme but I tell you they're inevitable and we can only be wise when we find ourselves in such scenarios...

As per making amends afterwards not everyone is forgiving oh. I just imagined the woman recounting the story to other members and exaggerating the whole thing na so beef dey start!

But to each his own really I just feel how long we wan dey this earth wey we go dey quarrel upandan cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 7:56am On Feb 07, 2016
babythug:

I wish you had the opportunity to bring this here before deciding on a course of action. Your MIl belongs to the generation where those things are practised and we cannot change her. After all my own initial gragra with inlaw matters I've come to realise that perhaps a subtle approach is indeed the way to go! Some battles are not worth it. Knowing what I know now if it were me id have laughed and said its ok. The said individual how many times do you see him or have to interact with him? After you born ya pikin nor be your house you go return to? I'm happy your dh took sides but the other family members nko? Sometimes these small small issues start up large fires that will be hard to quench. Please find a way to mend fences with the woman. Na beg I dey beg you. As for calling the fellow uncle how about calling him Mr xyz? Will it be easier than uncle? Or just do it a few times it'll likely fizzle out soon anyway..please and please think of the future and the fact that you want your children to have a smooth relationship with their grandma
I can't start what I can't finish. Calling a 14years J.S 2 student an uncle is uncalled for. For crying out loud, I can give birth to this young boy in my teenage years and he's not my dh's cousin but will be my children's generation. This iya/baba oko of a thing is absurd

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Sayoddy, qm with u in this. U don't accept what u can't take in the long run.
Moreso, must u stay there, what of those that don't have experienced family members. U will def cope. Are u a first timer, too much familiarity sometimes can cause havoc of a life time.
Mil is a very lovely woman but i don't wana let familiarity cause mayhem.
My first preggy she asked me to come over but i rejected. No be people dey deliver unexpectedly?
Most inlaw problems can be avoided. But nnever ever take what u don't like @babythug.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2016
MumZ:

No July 4 me o, I'm 3rd week of August, July 'll mean half baked baby nd I no want. No worry una plenty 2. Safe delivery 2 us all insha Allah.
..ahaha MumZ God forbid 'halfbaked' tins in our lives kilon jebe...Olorunmaje oo!!..Aminna to ur prayers But my first was like premmie oo...so small nd cute...he don bcum chairman now sha....it will be as u wish insha Allah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2016
mitchyy:

....lol..'WE R D FORCE TO BE RECKON WITH'...TEAMJULIJULI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 11:45am On Feb 07, 2016
ginababy:

Pele dear, it happens 2 me too bt I manage 2 slip in d day. At night I play gospel music n massages wt my phone, d nxt minutes is slip again. Just try d methods n see if it will help.
Thanks dear, will give it a try.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2016
@Sayoddy,babythug and all mamas,i discussed d same issue wt my dh last,his niece cam visitin briefly,19yrs old lady,very respectful,she cleaned d house,did d laundry av bn pilin sinc last nov..wen she left..i gav her sum tins nd stuff so she ws eager to b bck again bt i ws hesitant abt it cuz i am short temperd bt i alwz say i gat zero tolerant for bullshit..lol..thruout her short stay..i calld her.'sisi tolu'..bt wen she left my dh said i can gv her a name accordin to yoruba culture,u gv sumone u a r far older dan a nickname to avoid issue'ejiwumi,duduyemi etc'.i now told dh dt if d moda attack me nko..he said sheno fit..me i jst yimu nd kip quiet cuz i knw hw inlaws cn b...my dear sayoddy its nt abt wat u cnt take its abt culture dnt knw if u r yoruba..as long as u wernt present in his namin ceremony u jst av to honor him,all my broda inlaaws respect me cuz i honor dem infct they call me for advic abt dia affairs...it doesnt tak anytin frm u bt even maks u a force to b reckon with ni...forgt abt dh ooo...uhmm..u av to b diplomatic in ur dealings wt ur inlaws oo cuz of d future..pls dnt tak my words personal jst think abt it myluv.,God will guide nd honor u too..mak peAce wt mama kiakia...if u knw me personally...i no dey take rubbish oo infct alara gbona ni mi o bt marriage nd havin healthy friendship helped me..PEACE!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
PresVA:
@ babythug , forget that thing... I'm all for peace too but how could a grown married woman be calling a lil teenager Brother? Say wetin happen? When the boy should be the one calling her aunty...Seriously, I would hv done same if in her shoes though in a subtle manner... .can't accept what I can't do.. not because you're married to them, you accept every crap thrown to you .. Her MIL had her opinion and she had her opinion too which isn't bad... They can make peace afterwards. .

If you dance to the tune of in laws every time just for peace, you go tire someday and they would say you've changed. . It's better being yourself from day 1...

Some people may say what's the big deal calling him brother? But why must the MIL insist on it? It should be something done out of freewill...

I agree with you. As much as you have to be careful with in law issues, whatever you know you can't take, speak up immediately. I've found out that saying ok and doing the opposite even brings more drama at the end of the day.
I'm yoruba and I feel asking sayoddy not to call a teenager by his name is arrant nonsense, this is 2016, she's just looking for trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gud morning my sexy and waddling mums and mums to be, may God bless our los but born and the unborns,ATC mothers ur testimony is soonest IJN Amen, on my second missionary journey tho was never plan dis early bt God knows best, as for due, maam Zaynie is my sister,so na we dey d govt grin. May God Bless us all.
team sexy july
team sexy birthing
team sexy and cute babies

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
sexymum1:
Gud morning my sexy and waddling mums and mums to be, may God bless our los but born and the unborns,ATC mothers ur testimony is soonest IJN Amen, on my second missionary journey tho was never plan dis early bt God knows best, as for due, maam Zaynie is my sister,so na we dey d govt grin. May God Bless us all.
team sexy july
team sexy birthing
team sexy and cute babies

welcome Sexy mama to d team..may d Lord be wt u as u bump d ride..lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mrsbw: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:
I can't start what I can't finish. Calling a 14years J.S 2 student an uncle is uncalled for. For crying out loud, I can give birth to this young boy in my teenage years and he's not my dh's cousin but will be my children's generation. This iya/baba oko of a thing is absurd

Im with u on this. A 14 yr old...nahhhhhh

But then, if you leave d house cos of that, wnt it cause d issue to degenerate

Is there a possibility of still stayin there since everyone else has agreed u dnt need to call him that?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sayyody are you yoruba?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.