Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8133392 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by raptor2: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
mitchyy:

We are defeatless. The only small but mighty team. With mamas like @cutienik, @iyabetajos and @raptor2 nothing can shake us. Watch out for our delivery and our cuties. Hehehehe grin

We can make mouth sha. Lol

We are the best. TEAM JULY! !!!!!!
nothing dey happen. We rock with the bump

Go Team July. ......

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
@babythug, PresVA, ahnie, dhabeautyjas, cutienik, limsycutey, thank you all o. I've heard your opinion and will try to adjust only that mil wants to be in control all the time even against my own wish. I see more confrontations coming when I deliver but will be diplomatic. Imagine my dh and I were discussing about how much to spend for baby things. Because she's a midwife and very familiar with the baby stuffs, I asked her how much it would cover and she said 100k, dh brought out 80k that we should know how to manage it and I gave it to her to keep for the next day so we'd go for shopping together since I'm a ftm. The following day, she just went out without my notice and brought home baby things, some of the things I dislike. Her excuse was we would waste time had we gone together and I'm too heavy to be roaming about. It was as if I was robbed of my right. Though I've allowed her too much access into my marriage because I saw her like my mum, gave her the privilege but misused it. Anyway before I left, I knelt down to beg her but I know my departure will also cause issue but I don't want any more issue.
Thank you all. Vexing here gives me a relief and peace of mind

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
Congrats spicychick87 and nkkystel. The kids will always put smiles on your faces. Lagbara Olohun.

Yoruba culture could be annoying aswearigawd.
Anyway, sayoddy I support babythug that you apologize to MIL at least you have sha driven home your point. She now knows you won't tolerate such but you guys need each other. God guide us on this MIL /DIL issue cos it can't end.

modified. *** just read your last post.... uhmmmm. mhen a lot more might come after baby is born. Go and brace yourself. Start praying for wisdom now.

Ahnie.... Now I feel like asking for a girl... Zino is fast aswear. But no go think am that all kids are like that o. God bless her for the family. and yes she needs a companion already... forget 'muke muke' abi wetin you call am sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:
@babythug, PresVA, ahnie, dhabeautyjas, cutienik, limsycutey, thank you all o. I've heard your opinion and will try to adjust only that mil wants to be in control all the time even against my own wish. I see more confrontations coming when I deliver but will be diplomatic. Imagine my dh and I were discussing about how much to spend for baby things. Because she's a midwife and very familiar with the baby stuffs, I asked her how much it would cover and she said 100k, dh brought out 80k that we should know how to manage it and I gave it to her to keep for the next day so we'd go for shopping together since I'm a ftm. The following day, she just went out without my notice and brought home baby things, some of the things I dislike. Her excuse was we would waste time had we gone together and I'm too heavy to be roaming about. It was as if I was robbed of my right. Though I've allowed her too much access into my marriage because I saw her like my mum, gave her the privilege but misused it. Anyway before I left, I knelt down to beg her but I know my departure will also cause issue but I don't want any more issue.

Hugs my dear.... Na learning experience. At least some of the ish won't happen to you again!!!!! We don wise be that.

That shopping one the woman chance you sha, Pele ma binu. If you can squeeze out more cash anytime soon just buy the type of stuff you prefer!

It is well

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Been trying to post an image. Dunno why it's not loading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:
I can't start what I can't finish. Calling a 14years J.S 2 student an uncle is uncalled for. For crying out loud, I can give birth to this young boy in my teenage years and he's not my dh's cousin but will be my children's generation. This iya/baba oko of a thing is absurd

completely absurd!!!

Uncle ...a 14 year old.... Hmm..,For what na?

Anyways I'm not Yoruba so I guess I can't understand...

The most important thing is you have the support of your dh...good you also apologized a least to fulfill all righteousness

Next time tho, you can say you've heard and still do what you want to do

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ma'am rukemi291,ayam yet to recover fully from the beatin we gave OURSELVES(my beating 4 Nurses n the chubby doctor/them beat me too.my body stil dhey pain me(lolz)even mama beedam nor receive the kind of my Catholic mass spankin durin delivery.ayam also not ready to see dia Tiger clawed faces for now.even the Doctor specifically WARNED me never to come to his HOSPITAL for delivery again.E taya them...e taya me,nor be small matter o,ah display my warri skills insid the hospital.shiooor wu cares...i nor kukuma get dia time. i go re-run anoda race,wen Zino clocks 1year 6months,but for now,lemmi kontinue shakin my ikebe
Rukemi291:
Congrats spicychick87 and nkkystel. The kids will always put smiles on your faces. Lagbara Olohun.

Yoruba culture could be annoying aswearigawd.
Anyway, sayoddy I support babythug that you apologize to MIL at least you have sha driven home your point. She now knows you won't tolerate such but you guys need each other. God guide us on this MIL /DIL issue cos it can't end.

modified. *** just read your last post.... uhmmmm. mhen a lot more might come after baby is born. Go and brace yourself. Start praying for wisdom now.

Ahnie.... Now I feel like asking for a girl... Zino is fast aswear. But no go think am that all kids are like that o. God bless her for the family. and yes she needs a companion already... forget 'muke muke' abi wetin you call am sef.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gboliwe: 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
BritneyStacy:

You seem to know so much about NHIS and it's benefits, please tell me more about it. Or is there where I can go to and read about the benefits it accords it's user's?

Its website has a lot of information
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
ahnie:
Ma'am rukemi291,ayam yet to recover fully from the beatin we gave OURSELVES(my beating 4 Nurses n the chubby doctor/them beat me too.my body stil dhey pain me(lolz)even mama beedam nor receive the kind of my Catholic mass spankin durin delivery.ayam also not ready to see dia Tiger clawed faces for now.even the Doctor specifically WARNED me never to come to his HOSPITAL for delivery again.E taya them...e taya me,nor be small matter o,ah display my warri skills insid the hospital.shiooor wu cares...i nor kukuma get dia time. i go re-run anoda race,wen Zino clocks 1year 6months,but for now,lemmi kontinue shakin my ikebe

Shuuu. this sounds very interesting. make I go find d BS. I dey come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
@ma'am sayoddy,your Mil na case,she just bypassed yu n corner some change.abeg forgiv her....yours z even good,my sister in-law(not married)hav all the time in the world to transglobe.she go com yu house,go complain why yu cook wit titus fish,why not smoked fish,why yu cook ogbonor soup,instead of nsala,why yu didnt fry the meat/fish insid the soup,in dat case,she wont eat.or why yu cook banga soup n starch with freshcatfish instead of smoked catfish.if she sees yu tie wrapper n blouse,or hav a nice hairdo,she wil be eyein yu that yu are extravangant,meanwhile na your money yu use take buy am o.abi nah the one wey she sent me to buy chicken just for me to cook red oil garlic(ed)concoction rice for her,jex four days after delivery?my mil inlaw no get wahala,neida my bil(s),but my unmarried sil z a CASE.its well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
ahnie:
Agape greetinz..my BS,towards friday evenin,my co-wife drove in to check on me as at abt 2.pm as she earlier promised.i had severe contraction,and she drov me down to the hospital around 5.30pm,was admitted,but the contraction got serious around 12am on saturday mornin.i was rushed into the delivery room,and they injected me and tried to burst the baby Sac,but i didnt gave them that chance,cus it was painful.i was later given HOT drip,and that was when i had an encounter with the Angels.i was crying callin on my MIL to come and bundle me outta the delivery room.i was shoutin and raisin the roofs.lol i started speakin both ukwuani,isoko and hausa lingua together.it got to a point that,i just took the drip from the stand and ran nakedly..*who cares*mehn it was like goin berserk.mil started cryin,pleadin and prayin.i shove the four nurses away from me,while lyin down on the delivery table. I never knew i had such strenght.at some point,they called in the chubby doc,i held his shirt firmly,when he told me...madam pls take it easy,i shouted at the doc sayin...i'm dyin here and you are tellin me to take it easy,they forced my hands off the doc.and i was pinned down.and was forced to open my legs,when they said,if you kill this child,you go see wetin i do you.at that point,i started shoutin...Doc,i want to Poo,i want to poo ooo.i had wanted jumpin down from the Bed,when one nurse said,shit for there,annie i say shit ontop the bed.i told them to leave me alone,no body spelt labour for me,when i screamed i am poo-ing ooo.they said,its the baby's head,and my laps were not opend that much,they gave me a tear.i had to wide it and pushed myself gingered by the hot drip and pain. I felt relieve when chiagoziem Ewomazino lydia osanebi came into the world.and she cried,then the placenta came out. I had already to one dark complexion nurse while i was in the delivery room that,i ll quarel with her,infact we quarelled.but i had to apologize when i have finished my heavenly race.my child came into this world @ about 11:15am on saturday 20 june 2015.and we left for home me,chiagoziem and my sweet mil..mrs Lydia osanebi.After T miscarriages ,God finally gave me a child. Hard truth z...to deliver a child z no beanscake.thumbs up to my mother. My husband drove from benin yesterday,and Nna the omugwo peppersoup was prepared by him.i wish all pushin mamas,ttc safe delivery. Very special thanks to God and Doc Thorpido.

Oh my God. oh girl, you are some thing else. aswearigawd. May the next one be easier for you by the Grace of God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:

I obsess over shopping. I know the gazillion lists I made when I was pregnant with my first grin I picked every single thing out myself. Even now, I'm due first week of September but I have my lists already, I enjoy baby shopping, so tey my husband had to ban me from going to the market then Lol. So if Mil had tried that with, I swear hell would have been let loose in that house that day. Lol. I'm not saying it would have been the best thing to do, but I would have been livid! But it's good you didn't make a big deal out of it. Just be careful with her in future, set boundaries since you know the type of person she is now.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Rukemi291:

Oh my God. oh girl, you are some thing else. aswearigawd. May the next one be easier for you by the Grace of God.
grin
Rukemi291:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sayoddy I had an epistle in my mind to type but headache no gree me. It would have been better to call the boy uncle and call your dh aside to carry you back to your house. That way you would have avoided MIL wahala. God is your muscle.

Abeg o, iv had serious headache since yesterday. Right now im practically carrying my head in my hands. Is this normal? Can I take painkillers? Would painkillers have any effect? FTM tinz

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=sayoddy post=42700754]
it s well dear,asokale ayo oo weree la ma gbo loruko Jesu.

@Arnie...lol dat ur SIL na case ooo..eeheh..o ga o.God help us all...marriage na lyk institutn now..randy lecturers,annoyin HOCs,cunning coursemates,carryovas... No graduation so lets all manage nd do our best joor

@Favoredgal...na so our culture b o...if u arent wise enuf,na serious war one go dey fight...our humility doesnt mak us to b Mumu o..if u go catch monkey u go learn hw to get banana..my version...PEACE!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
sugah:

Abeg o, iv had serious headache since yesterday. Right now im practically carrying my head in my hands. Is this normal? Can I take painkillers? Would painkillers have any effect?

av bn havin dat goin to 2days now,i discova dat d tym i spent browsing nd readin novels is affectin me..so i log out attymss infct am plannin to tak a break frm d fone for few days
secondly,i couldnt slip in d aftanun cuz of my DS,he used me as horse attyms...so try to tak sum rest nd dnt knw if u r addicted to novels or tv,reduce it too nd tak a bath too..dis heat is crazy...oda mamas might av beta options too

if symptoms persist,go nd see ur doctor grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
@sugah, Sorry, it's one of the many things that come with pregnancy. You can take paracetamol and try to close your eyes and rest if possible.

The one i'm dealing with now is having to eat every 2-2.5hrs to keep the nausea at bay.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nggie(f): 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
ahnie:
Glory tu glory,father i thank you for this great milestones....my baby z now walkin@7months 1week n some days.it can only be GOD...she can also coherently call me MUMMY n boldly say AMEN.Faithful God,take all the Glory.
Ahnie dis ur bae pass usain bolt! Wow!! Congrats to her. Kisses to her.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Thanks cutenik and limsycutey
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rchilee: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Join me & celebrate! It's my wedding anniversary.

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
favoredgal:

Next time tho, you can say you've heard and still do what you want to do
so true @ the i have heard response

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sayoddy for peace sake u can call him a nickname like " oga agba" or "d chair"

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Docs in da house and all helep me torchlite this issue.i am trying to research d relationship/correlation btw mental instability of any type and d drug doxycyline.
Is d said drug a calminative.i av tried to look for answers abeg help.i need to document it
Cc Zaynie
Iyeejima
Mizcyn
Soonest
Firsttymum
Modath
Tchwinnie
Thorpido etc
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoerelu1: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
@Blessedtwins, doxycycline is an antibiotic in the same class with tetracycline. It doesn't cause any mental instability that I know of but could cause abdominal discomforts, nausea and vomiting. although some researches have proven that it is phototoxic, I.e could cause some reactions in the presence of light. It should be used only on prescription. used in treating some severe cases of acne, in some vaginal infections, in some cases of UTI and in combination with some other drugs in the treatment of some forms of malaria. I hope this helps. And if you are having symptoms you are not sure of,please see your doctor. Please don't do self medication.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoerelu1: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
so sorry. I just saw the part where you said you needed to document it. Please forgive my over sabi. I don't know of it causing any mental instability.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=omoerelu1
ITs Not For Me Oh.
I found something ongoogle that some doc use prescribe it for bipolar disorder etc.
No p.its an official research ma'am
Thanx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
My

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
mitchyy:

We are defeatless. The only small but mighty team. With mamas like @cutienik, @iyabetajos and @raptor2 nothing can shake us. Watch out for our delivery and our cuties. Hehehehe grin

We can make mouth sha. Lol
Lol, I was actually talking about july2015 team.
If course I expect 2016 members to do more.
Forward ever, backward never grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Birth Story:My Edd was 25/27 Jan and 2nd Feb.in d first week of Jan i spun 180 and fell in tub whle bathing and landed on my knees as my dota watched in horror.I was thankful to God immediately rinsed off and whisked her of to sch.
Later dt nite i couldnt lie down to sleep.just sleepin in a sitting position.this continued for a week dn my ankles sttd to swell dramatically.i was stl managing doing house work .cooking.caring for my toddler and all.
By d new wk i sttd havin regular contractions at nite ,bearable pain but 10mins apart.however by morning it would have stopped but i wld wake up feeling tenderness in my belly (like o n kan mi)

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NoQualms1(f): 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:
Pls how many scan did you do and were the given dates correlate? I've done 3 scans so far, I was given 20/15/10 of March periodically. I'm due for another scan which might date 5th of March

I only did 2. The first gave EDD as February 10 while the second gave it as January 19 or so. The doctor said we should stick with the first one since it was done in the first trimester and should be more accurate. God will see you through. Easy delivery with good news shall be yours.

Sorry for the late response, lost my MIL two days after I gave birth. It's been a challenging period. She was a mother indeed. She treated me like her own daughter, the news was a rude shock.

@olaoyekemi, will go for FP once my baby is 6 weeks o. Once beaten, twice shy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
MumZ....welcome jare.... I am the honourable Deputy accountant General!
Lioha... I sight u in 7D! cool why u dey corner me na?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LegitDiva: 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
sayoddy:
What will wives not see? Well I was served my own pound of flesh by mil today and I stood my ground in saying NO!
Okay let me report myself.
Because my hospital is closer to my in-law's place and my mil is a midwife, 40years experience, she'll be able to monitor me during this last stage of pregnancy.
So today, she called me that her grandnephew of 14years o, I shouldn't be calling him by his name but brother xx. I thought she was joking and told her I can't that my uncles' wives call me by name.
She was furious that I dared question her authority and how could I refer to my family when brideprice was paid.
In the heat it all, dh came to visit me and he took side with me. Then mil called fil to start coming home immediately. When fil was told about everything, he said such culture is not practised again that the urgent call made him scared that something bad had happened to me who's 34weeks pregnant and have miscarriage history.
Thank God I got full support of dh and fil if not I would have involved my family with a matter that started small but escalated. I'm leaving in-law's place tomorrow. I can't condone mil's attitude towards me after the confrontation. Not in this jet age will any mil dictate to dil what she should do

Is she bored or what,., mtchewww

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.