Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8148039 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) (1966) (1967) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hey Mama suzy,
U r welcome to team december!! Stay active ok?!

suzy:
hELLO TO EVERY1

i am going for my 1st antenatal visit 2mrw. Am 16weeks gone. i really wanna be a part of dis group. Am Dec Mama. what is d due for membership.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
Bellaella we still dey the journey but the rate this boy dey suck and pull am ehn? E be like say Na ancient of days go be my song o embarassed but then push up bra can give me back my confidence cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Liftedhands:
Not all! To treat what please?
i reały do nt knw bt d hospital where i birthed, at d postnatal ward. ampiclox was at everyones bedside

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE

SOME THINGS FIRST TIME MOMS SHOULD KNOW

ABOUT PREGNANCY:

1. Download a pregnancy app to track your baby’s development every week.

2. Eat what you feel like eating during your pregnancy and stop worrying about getting fat.

3. Cravings and baby kicks are the best part of being pregnant!

4. Love your body and the beautiful miracle that it is busy creating inside for you.

5. Morning sickness is the worst part of pregnancy – It can occur any time of day and anytime during your pregnancy. It can even stop and come back at a later stage.

6. Pregnancy can make you tired and emotional. Relax when you can and take a nap.

7. Pregnant bellies are the cutest – so flaunt it.

8. Yes, it is possible to fart and burp at the same time.

9. Your feet will swell a little or a lot! Don’t freak out, just keep them elevated.

10. Enjoy the shiny healthy hair because soon it will be falling – a lot.

11. Don’t feel guilty if the baby’s sex isn’t exactly what you were expecting. It’s completely normal to feel that way.

12. Wash your baby’s clothes before use. Some clothing may contain chemicals like formaldehyde.

13. Don’t buy too many newborn sizes because babies grow extremely fast.

14. Onesies are more comfortable than 2 pieces. It is also so much easier to take out.

15. Pack your hospital bag early and make sure that all of Dad’s and baby’s things are packed as well.

16. Birth plans are not necessary.

17. Don’t listen to other people’s “horror stories.” It will only scare you.

18. Educate yourself about C-sections and Vaginal births. Anything can happen, don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t go the way you wanted it too.

19. Giving birth is the happiest and scariest day of your life.

POSTPARTUM:

1. Let your body heal. Don’t rush back to gym and use of waist trainers.

2. It’s okay to not fall head over heels immediately with your newborn.

3. Spend a lot of skin-to-skin time with your baby so you can bond.

4. It’s okay to hold your baby as much as you want – you can’t spoil a baby.

5. Crying is how newborns communicate.

6. Listen to your instincts, not Dr. Google.

7. Babies have their own schedule; they will guide you. Don’t try to do everything by the book.

8. Nursing is natural but doesn’t necessarily come naturally – Don’t be disappointed if breastfeeding gets difficult or painful.

9. Watch breastfeeding videos if you need assistance.

10. What you eat after birth matters because it affects your baby’s diet if you decide to breastfeed.

11. Feeding on demand is 100% acceptable.

12. You are not a failure if you can’t breastfeed.

13. Formula feeding doesn’t make you a bad mother.

14. Never leave home without extra breast pads and another set of clothes for you and baby.

15. You will lose the baby weight but you may never wear those jeans again – your body shape may change.

16. You will have bad days, but loads of good ones too.

17. Don’t forget to take time for yourself.

18. Don’t forget to take time for your partner.

19. Remember marriage will never be the same after a baby, a lot changes.

20. Date nights are important.

21. Make time for sex. Schedule it if you have too.

22. Sex can be painful the first few times after birth.

23. Post Natal Depression is a reality.

24. Don’t beat yourself up over every little thing.

25. It is okay to have a meltdown.

26. Invest in a baby carrier – it will make life easier when you alone at home and need to get work done.

27. Your baby will puke or poop all over you at least once.

28. Buy lots of bibs .

29. Buy nasal spray.

30. Cut baby’s nails when he is sleeping.

31. If you have a son – make sure his private part faces down when you put the diaper on. Trust me, this definitely does matter!

32. Co-sleeping is acceptable and might be the only way you get some sleep.

33. You won’t stay friends with the same people once you’ve had a child. That’s okay

34. Find support groups. This thread is a good example

35. Everyone feels unprepared.

36. If you don’t want to be judged, stop judging.

37. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

38. Expect that each baby will be unique.

39. Let the laundry pile up.

40. Your mom and mother-in-law might get pushy and expect you to do things a certain way. It’s okay to tell them you’ve got everything under control, even if you entirely don’t.

41. Let your husband or partner do things his own way.

42. You will appreciate your own mother so much more now that you a mom too.

43. Stay at home moms feel guilty just as working moms do but it just may be for different reasons.

44. Parenting isn’t a competition.

45. Spending the entire day in pyjamas is acceptable.

46. Every baby reaches milestones at different ages.

47. Time really goes fast with a baby around and soon she will be a year old… than 2-years old.

48. Politics become more important now that you have a family.

49. Take pictures with YOU in them.

50. Write down the special moments… like the first walk, first time baby said “Dada”.

51. You don’t have to enjoy every moment.

52. Forgetting things is normal.

53. Laughter is the best medicine.

Happy Reading kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Culled from You, Baby and I

46 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
christybabe, Ada243 and other new moms!

Please don't give any drugs to your newborn ! Discontinue if you have started. if your child needs any of such, he should still be in the hospital and it should be administered intravenously.

They are absolutely not necessary!!!!!!

When will all these old fashioned practises be put aside

Educate yourself, ask questions! Don't just give because one doctor/nurse/midwife or whoever said so. Even immunisation I go to take, you must educate me and tell me how many mls you will administer, essence of the vaccine and possible side effects.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Chimoo!!!av gat 20 pages to follow up with,kai una sabi talk o
Hello mamas,congrats to dos that just offloaded, waddling mama how is it going down?
November mamas how is d ministry moving?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks Feddy27 for sharing those useful tips and advice!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
mitchyy:
Thanks Fed..dy27 for sharing those useful tips and advice!

You are welcome darling
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ada243:

i reały do nt knw bt d hospital where i birthed, at d postnatal ward. ampiclox was at everyones bedside

Chai.

Ampiclox for newborns embarassed embarassed embarassed cry newborns with no medical issue are given antibiotics as strong as ampiclox ?

Who are these doctors?

Antibiotics have been seriously abused. No wonder so many ailments are now resistant to antibiotics because the baby's natural immune system has been messed up from birth thanks to uneccesary antibiotics.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fortius:
@tyconcepts...i knw na nd no b only mumi ekene,wen i wan pick d name,i no say sum mamas teeth go remove finisgrin...na 2 dey use parker pack dem 32s nd its as if Liftedhands don chop a big cockroach abi why d sleepiness na infct am eagerly waitin for 2nd missionary journey for ma Olami nd ma Ekenegrin..MyOhMy!

Here comes trouble....Me I cannot go and coman fight o! embarassed This one that your name want to render people toothless xo tongue

#I was not here
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
feddy27:

Please don't give any drugs to your newborn ! Discontinue if you have started. if your child needs any of such, he should still be in the hospital and it should be administered intravenously.

Educate yourself, ask questions! Don't just give because one doctor/nurse/midwife or whoever said so. Even immunisation I go to take, you must educate me and tell me how many mls you will administer, essence of the vaccine and possible side effects.

Drugs these days are administered to babies orally. The intravenous route is mostly adopted for babies that are really ill. Poking injections in adults is not fun how much more babies.

The issue here is not really how these drugs are administered but the REASON WHY these drugs are administered in the first place?

Why should a healthy newborn baby with no health conditions be placed on antibiotics bikonu

Why the craze for antibiotics especially "strong" ones like ampiclox? Even for chesty coughs in much older babies, much milder antibiotics are prescribed but never ever ampiclox.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
buccee:

Welcome Madam suzy. Happy bumping.
For d dues Kindly see me in camera, cos I be acting relief officer of the general accountant of this thread. So all gallons of fuel, boxes of dollars, baskets of tomatoes and fruits will now come to me.
kiss

coupplotter spotted..mumi zaynie pls show ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
helovesme:

Drugs these days are administered to babies orally. The intravenous route is mostly adopted for babies that are really ill. Poking injections in adults is not fun how much more babies.

The issue here is not really how these drugs are administered but the REASON WHY these drugs are administered in the first place?

Why should a healthy newborn baby with no health conditions be placed on antibiotics bikonu
Nne I am speechless myself lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Feddy27 am about to stress your mention today....beat me when u catch me kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
helovesme:

Why the craze for antibiotics especially "strong" ones like ampiclox? Even for chesty coughs in much older babies, much milder antibiotics are prescribed but never ever ampiclox.

I was referring to antibiotics. For them to administer to a newborn, it must be really serious and cos they are not OTPs, they would prefer IV for neonates.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
just woke upgrin

hmm..na so dem dey gv ampiclox wt abidec,dunno y too.

feddy27 ..tnx for sharin ma.

BellaElla...mine na ancient of days o nd i get banana shaped breast b4 childbearin so law of gravity no work so i cnt say na breastfeedin dey cause am cuz i av a friend dat her breast remain firm even afta breastfeedin bt it helps to wear bra wen u deliva to mAintain d firmness,all d best mam.

welcum suzy,happybumping.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
Liftedhands:
Nne I am speechless myself lipsrsealed

Mama ekene. The issue tire person.

Do they know the effects of these antibiotics or how powerful they are?

I'm curious to know the dosage that are administered to these newborns.

Don't be surprised to hear that these doctors are administering dosages as high as 2.5ml to 5ml.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
helovesme:

Chai.

Ampiclox for newborns embarassed embarassed embarassed cry newborns with no medical issue are given antibiotics as strong as ampiclox ?

Who are these doctors?

Antibiotics have been seriously abused. No wonder so many ailments are now resistant to antibiotics because the baby's natural immune system has been messed up from birth thanks to uneccesary antibiotics.

Very pathetic scenarios! U will see a newborn loaded with antibiotics + multivites + all sorts! And you are seen as "abnormal" when you don't give these drugs cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
tyconcepts:
Fed...dy27 am about to stress your mention today....beat me when u catch me kiss

Ride on tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fortius:

fed..dy27 ..tnx for sharin ma.

You are welcome dearie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
feddy27:

Very pathetic scenarios! U will see a newborn loaded with antibiotics + multivites + all sorts! And you are seen as "abnormal" when you don't give these drugs cheesy
wen i had lucas,i wasnt given any drugs at Randle,wen mum came na to ask me to buy dis nd dat,we had a shoutin match then bt dis tym i wont even boda to argue,av displayed lucas drug on a stand so she wont complain..i alwz pity firsttimers cuz if dem family no tackle dem,friends will shook her mouth nd neighbours no dey tire to contribute
with all dis wahala..hw will breastmilk production be available wen d new mAmA is both exhausted nd worried.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
cherrymum1:
Eeemmmmm......witchyy...sorry slip of fingers mitchyy.....how is Hansel? Don't let those kings of the jungle break my Hansel's bones o. I can't shout o.

Fortius:

cheesycheesy...i jst see am oo..yee..witchyy bi ti bawogrin

See them o. I know say na all these kind things una dey like.

Hehehehehe! Where is my bodyguard @enkaydewdrop?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fortius:

wen i had lucas,i wasnt given any drugs at Randle,wen mum came na to ask me to buy dis nd dat,we had a shoutin match then bt dis tym i wont even boda to argue,av displayed lucas drug on a stand so she wont complain..i alwz pity firsttimers cuz if dem family no tackle dem,friends will shook her mouth nd neighbours no dey tire to contribute

na so e dey be on top new baby matter o...lol. everybody with their opinion on watin u go do.

Me, I was very stubborn o...ahhhh! dem tire for me na...all these throw pikin and twist hand and leg all in the nam eof massaging, i didn't allow it o..i told dem if i want my son to be flexible, I will send him for taekwando! Nobody should twist his hand and leg jor. then when people from outside don sweat finish, dem go rush to carry baby..no way o, go and wash your hand cheesy.. another was dat, i told dem nobody should lie my baby on his tommy, he must sleep on his back..see talk! my mama+granny+mother-in-law say i dey do like say dem no born...lol. the conclusion of all these is to stand ur ground and trust your instincts..if i look back, i will just stat laffing at some of my actions grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
feddy27:

Ok thanks,

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
faari:
welcome! Welcome!!

@ sugah, I've been told at my scan on Saturday that LO is BPD 72mm and FL 57mm and weighs 1.4kg. Is that okay for a 30weeks old? I kuku told them my concern about not adding weight and actually loosing. Was told to heighten protein intake. Abeg all of una... Oya submit food options oooo.
At 30weeks baby should weigh between 1.1kg and 1.7kg.
Just keep eating healthy, proteins, carbs, veges, fruits and stay away from sodas. You would be surprised how much your baby grows in the next few weeks that you would start getting worried about a big baby again.

Ayomide went from 1.4 to 2.1kg in a space of 3weeks. But im not worried cos he is growing normally.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ada243:

every newborn is given ampiclox and abidec before discharging frm d hospital

Not every newborn dear. My hospital is against stuffing newborns with drugs.
Any doc who prescribes it must have good reasons sha but i cant allow my tender baby start taking drugs at this age.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
feddy27:
JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE

SOME THINGS FIRST TIME MOMS SHOULD KNOW

ABOUT PREGNANCY:

feddy27 post=47662640:
1. Download a pregnancy app to track your baby’s development every week.

I sure did this....Immediately I got BFP, over excitement took over DH & I and pregnancy tracker was one of our first download.

feddy27:
2. Eat what you feel like eating during your pregnancy and stop worrying about getting fat.

I was so conscious of getting fat that sometimes I skip food (ignoramus me sad till DH caught and reported me to my mom (May she rest in peace).

feddy27:
3. Cravings and baby kicks are the best part of being pregnant!

My cravings then was a particular seafood rice in shop rite then party jollof rice grin The cravings varies though and DH hear weeeeeeen undecided
And I so love the kicks.

feddy27:
4. Love your body and the beautiful miracle that it is busy creating inside for you.

I love every inch of the pregnant me and the life growing in there kiss

feddy27:
5. Morning sickness is the worst part of pregnancy – It can occur any time of day and anytime during your pregnancy. It can even stop and come back at a later stage.

I don't know what MS is cause I never hexperienced it (In Falz voice) tongue

feddy27:
6. Pregnancy can make you tired and emotional. Relax when you can and take a nap.

I became extremely tired at 34weeks..…Damn!! And I come sabi cry a river cry I couldn't afford the luxury of naps though.

feddy27:
7. Pregnant bellies are the cutest – so flaunt it.

I flaunt a lot but when stretch mark come draw tattoo put for my bump naim I close up wink

feddy27:
8. Yes, it is possible to fart and burp at the same time.

I was proudly a fart factory cheesy You just don't wanna be near me.

feddy27:
9. Your feet will swell a little or a lot! Don’t freak out, just keep them elevated.

My feet's where Dunlop....Na customized slippers I dey wear. Even at night I use all the pillows to elevate...DH no just complain embarassed

feddy27:
10. Enjoy the shiny healthy hair because soon it will be falling – a lot.

Not sure I can relate with this o! undecided

feddy27:
11. Don’t feel guilty if the baby’s sex isn’t exactly what you were expecting. It’s completely normal to feel that way.

I have always wanted a boy first though DH was team pink....I had exactly what I desired smiley

feddy27:
12. Wash your baby’s clothes before use. Some clothing may contain chemicals like formaldehyde.

I didn't wash the new ones but I thoroughly washed the okirika own. I suppose wash the new ones too

feddy27:
13. Don’t buy too many newborn sizes because babies grow extremely fast.

I was tutored on this else I for over buy too many newborn sizes embarassed

feddy27:
14. Onesies are more comfortable than 2 pieces. It is also so much easier to take out.

Gbam!!!

feddy27:
15. Pack your hospital bag early and make sure that all of Dad’s and baby’s things are packed as well.

I packed and unpacked my bag to confirm if everything is correct more than 5times grin

feddy27:
16. Birth plans are not necessary.

Never made plans but I was keen on VD smiley

feddy27:
17. Don’t listen to other people’s “horror stories.” It will only scare you.

I am lost made the mistake of listening to a friend of mine who always made it her evil duty to drum it into my ears that labour is the worst thing ever and its not easy at all till mom and DH cautioned me #Winked somebody undecided

feddy27:
18. Educate yourself about C-sections and Vaginal births. Anything can happen, don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t go the way you wanted it too.

I never educated myself about CS hence I was almost heartbroken when I was faced with that option #Ignoramous me wink

feddy27:
19. Giving birth is the happiest and scariest day of your life.

Happiest....YES.
Scariest....I wasn't scared at all kiss

POSTPARTUM:

feddy27:
1. Let your body heal. Don’t rush back to gym and use of waist trainers.

Even when I wanted to gym and waist train to sekzy I couldn't as my body hold all the aces #My shakara ended when pains of healing won't let me be cry

feddy27:
2. It’s okay to not fall head over heels immediately with your newborn.

I didn't even carry President Mofe till the second day after delivery and yes I wasn't head over heels immediately undecided

feddy27:
3. Spend a lot of skin-to-skin time with your baby so you can bond.

Abeg help me explain this one well cry

feddy27:
4. It’s okay to hold your baby as much as you want – you can’t spoil a baby.

That's how someone told me I hold President Mofe to close that I will spoil him and he will chewing gum me....Thank God I didn't listen and he no spoil wink

feddy27:
5. Crying is how newborns communicate.

At first the cries frustrate me but I adapted quickly kiss

feddy27:
6. Listen to your instincts, not Dr. Google.

Motherly instinct is best wink

feddy27:
7. Babies have their own schedule; they will guide you. Don’t try to do everything by the book.

They come with their own manual tongue

feddy27:
8. Nursing is natural but doesn’t necessarily come naturally – Don’t be disappointed if breastfeeding gets difficult or painful.

The difficultly and pains involved in breastfeeding almost made me feel like a looser at first embarassed

feddy27:
9. Watch breastfeeding videos if you need assistance.

I didn't bother.... If I can breastfeed the dad then I can breastfeed the son wink

feddy27:
10. What you eat after birth matters because it affects your baby’s diet if you decide to breastfeed.

As a matter of fact smiley

11. Feeding on demand is 100% acceptable.

12. You are not a failure if you can’t breastfeed.

feddy27:
13. Formula feeding doesn’t make you a bad mother.

I couldn't have being able to handle Mofe's appetite without formula feeding.....He's a foodie and I like am like that kiss

feddy27:
14. Never leave home without extra breast pads and another set of clothes for you and baby.

I learnt this lesson the hard way....Mofe show me shege cry

feddy27:
15. You will lose the baby weight but you may never wear those jeans again – your body shape may change.

Funny enough I still rock my old jeans but I feel fat tho' cry

feddy27:
16. You will have bad days, but loads of good ones too.

I can relate.

feddy27:
17. Don’t forget to take time for yourself.

18. Don’t forget to take time for your partner.

I tried a lot on this and still trying but e no easy embarassed

feddy27:
19. Remember marriage will never be the same after a baby, a lot changes.

How can e remain the same Someone will be kpekusing that's when Mofe will wake and interfere. Even if one is on the road to cloud 9, you have to return cry

20. Date nights are important.

feddy27:
21. Make time for sex. Schedule it if you have too.

Like a timetable

feddy27:
22. Sex can be painful the first few times after birth.

Was not painful at all....in fact it got better wink

23. Post Natal Depression is a reality.

24. Don’t beat yourself up over every little thing.

25. It is okay to have a meltdown.

26. Invest in a baby carrier – it will make life easier when you alone at home and need to get work done.

27. Your baby will puke or poop all over you at least once.

28. Buy lots of bibs .

29. Buy nasal spray.

30. Cut baby’s nails when he is sleeping.

31. If you have a son – make sure his private part faces down when you put the diaper on. Trust me, this definitely does matter!

32. Co-sleeping is acceptable and might be the only way you get some sleep.

33. You won’t stay friends with the same people once you’ve had a child. That’s okay

34. Find support groups. This thread is a good example

35. Everyone feels unprepared.

36. If you don’t want to be judged, stop judging.

37. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

38. Expect that each baby will be unique.

39. Let the laundry pile up.

40. Your mom and mother-in-law might get pushy and expect you to do things a certain way. It’s okay to tell them you’ve got everything under control, even if you entirely don’t.

41. Let your husband or partner do things his own way.

42. You will appreciate your own mother so much more now that you a mom too.

43. Stay at home moms feel guilty just as working moms do but it just may be for different reasons.

44. Parenting isn’t a competition.

45. Spending the entire day in pyjamas is acceptable.

46. Every baby reaches milestones at different ages.

47. Time really goes fast with a baby around and soon she will be a year old… than 2-years old.

48. Politics become more important now that you have a family.

49. Take pictures with YOU in them.

50. Write down the special moments… like the first walk, first time baby said “Dada”.

51. You don’t have to enjoy every moment.

52. Forgetting things is normal.

53. Laughter is the best medicine.

Happy Reading kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Culled from You, Baby and I

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by buccee: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fortius:

coupplotter spotted..mumi zaynie pls show ma.

Sssh, no loud am lipsrsealed
I go give u quota na, 5%.
Deal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
angry shocked..tyconcepts dis is pure winkedness mehn!!!
buccee...hmnuhm..kolewerk!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fortius:

with all dis wahala..hw will breastmilk production be available wen d new mAmA is both exhausted nd worried.

My dear, in my own case its my family and friends you will pity o. Me and mum don argue and quarrel tire. She has reported me to several persons but at the end of the day, its my child.
Na me carry Hansel for 9months and endured labor pain plus surgery join. So no one can force me to administer anything to my baby. No matter who the person is.

Even me and dh have had it hot recently. Lol

When it comes to my baby, i nor dey look anybody face o. My mum now asks me before she does anything to my baby. To even rub palm kernel oil on him, she asked me first. Lol

Imagine one woman telling mil to massage my face and belly very well with hot water and told my mil not to mind me if i complain. And she knew i did CS o. I didnt let her do it. Cus at the end, na me go suffer am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
Once I told my mum not to try covering my son's mouth with her hand whilst he's yawning.. She look me bad eye say "if person no born for your side, the person will just go and kee herself" grin

Her reason, if you don't interrupt the yawn, the baby's mouth would enlarge. I no fit laff.

Everytime she tells me I am the only new mum that doesn't own a bucket full of drugs (ajogba). I told her my baby is hale & hearty, so mi o need e.

For the first time, she disagreed with the old wives--tie the navel stump with pepper soup ingredient and burn the hell outta the navel with a Lantern's tale... I over happy cos if she says "oya" and I say "no".. The elders must hear this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fortius:
angry shocked..tyconcepts dis is pure winkedness mehn!!!

bu.ccee...hmnuhm..kolewerk!

Am winked and I love it tongue is it your mention ni?

Buccee....you know this is the era of fighting korruption kwa??

Hmmmm....Kolewerk

(1) (2) (3) ... (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) (1966) (1967) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.