Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8163934 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
iomoge2:

Aviod tvs too if u have history of MC b4
Help me tell my doctors oh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
hallo mamas. a happy weekend to all. hope lo's&dh's are all doing great. God bless us all.
enkaydewdrop sis, u wldnt knw ow much i appreciate d '3-mile walk' video u recommended. God bless u for sharing. merci mille fois!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
ozycy:
My sabi mamas, pls which sanitary pad is good for heavy flow. This blue and red always just dey learn work, E no dey even last reach 1hr. The bigger always I got from US is finished and I haven't sighted it in any store b4. Today is my heavy day and I get wedding to attend. Am just scared that before I go sitdown for 30mins th thing for don stain my cloth (anyways, I must wear a black dress, I can't shout.) cry make una answer me sharp sharp cos I dey go market now now make I buy am for there.

Cc Zaynie, Liftedhands, firsttymum, kaffy4bill. And all sabi mamas.
there's this purple always I get in supermarket.. I think it's made in uae or so.. E dey hold well well. But tampons does the trick. The bigger ones (orange and green) feels like u r walking around with a pe.nis is inside you.. So I use yellow but have extra in my bag and change it every 4 hrs or less.. If u ain't a fan of tampons... Try the purple always
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
ozycy:

Haven't tried this b4. Where do you buy the tampon?
any supermarket .... big ones tho

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
icebebe:

Hello NL FAM

i need your help,am 2days late to my EDD yet no contraction,no signs am so worried,pls is dere anytin i can take to make labour start,my mum said somtin abot takin gesto oil(nt sure of the spellings) pls i need help pls.av done all d exercise,walked long distance, ate pinapple,climb the stairs a million times to bring on labour but nothing seems to be happening,pls i need a solution,i want a natural birth biko help!
did u have sex... As soon as my husband joined me which was 39weeks I had se.x everyday... On my Edd I had sex ... Labour started on my Edd First time mum o..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
ozycy:

Haven't tried this b4. Where do you buy the tampon?
I buy it at NEXT

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adorablewifey(f): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
In viable pregnancies, a transvaginal ultrasound should be able to detect the gestational sac by 5 weeks, gestational age or hCG level when it has reached about 1,100. If it has been 5 weeks since the last menstrual period but the hCG level has not been measured, there is a possibility that seeing no gestational sac means that the woman ovulated late and the pregnancy has not yet reached 5 weeks gestational age. The physician may order a follow-up ultrasound in a few days or a week.
I will advice you do HCG test to measure your levels, no need to fret.

Cc. Sweetestmum

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adorablewifey(f): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
Réceive all praise O'lord.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetestmum: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Adorablewifey:
In viable pregnancies, a
transvaginal ultrasound should
be able to detect the gestational
sac by 5 weeks, gestational age
or hCG level when it has reached
about 1,100.
If it has been 5 weeks since the
last menstrual period but the
hCG level has not been
measured, there is a possibility
that seeing no gestational sac
means that the woman ovulated
late and the pregnancy has not
yet reached 5 weeks gestational
age.

Thanks, I didn't even do transvigina scan, I did the normal scan that anyone will do at 12weeks, thou I am 4weeks and 5days it the same view they will see as transvigina? Pls enlighten me.

Iomoge pls when u did ur early scan and it showed nothing, which week were u and was it transvigina or normal scan. Pls reply MD so I can atleast sleep and cling to some hope. Love u all mama's here.

Cc. Sweetestmum
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Thanks Mitchyy, helovesme and beyedew for your responses about the steriliser.

Congrats to the mamas that recently offloaded their bundles of joy

I have a question, is it normal to resume vomitting at almost 24 weeks? I've been sick in the stomach twice in the past 24 hours? Just wanted to be sure it's normal as I've not experienced that for about 7 weeks now

I guess my honeymoon trimester is almost over sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls ooo, how do I soften my stool o, looks like my anus hole shrinked after delivery shocked shocked shocked. Where do I get a stool softner 4rm? I can't fit 2 Shi.t since yestdy cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Birth alert * birth alert . My handsome prince arrived this morning via emergency CS . Baby and mum are doing fine . Cc Britneystacy and everyone . It's so surreal ... So I am a mummy .. *pinches self *. I wish all August mums supernatural delivery in Jesus name . And yes there is something like painless contractions . B.S later .

Congrats dear. May God bless your LO.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
To God be the glory. My kid sister just put to bed via C-section to a bouncing baby boy .
cool

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls i have a question....pls i need your contribution(s)

Is any wrong with one taking fruits all tru bn preggy instead of drugs till delivery time?
N/B the person z allergic to drugs(fear of drugs)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetestmum: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
Zaynie mama pls help me torch lite this my matter too and all mama that has also gone tru this path just like Iomoge mama told me about hers. Any mama that had this experience should pls share or u have anyone that has pass tru the path of early scan and nothing shown.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
MumZ:
Pls ooo, how do I soften my stool o, looks like my anus hole shrinked after delivery shocked shocked shocked. Where do I get a stool softner 4rm? I can't fit 2 Shi.t since yestdy cry cry cry
Your doctor is supposed to prescribe one for you. Can't remember the name.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
sweetestmum:
Zaynie mama pls help me torch lite this my matter too and all mama that has also gone tru this path just like Iomoge mama told me about hers. Any mama that had this experience should pls share or u have anyone that has pass tru the path of early scan and nothing shown.

Sweetestmum pls put your mind at rest. I had the same issue too, I did a scan at 5 weeks and nothing was seen, only that the uterus lining was thick (which is a good sign). I was really worried too and my doctor sent me to do a transvaginal scan to rule out ectopic pregnancy. I did it and the only thing noticed too was the thick lining. I was told to go back for another scan in 2 weeks and I did, lo and behold there was a foetus there. 4 weeks is way too early OK, don't worry, all is well.
Apart from the usual MS, my pregnancy has been smooth, we are 38 weeks + 4 days today grin, by the grace of God you will also carry your baby to term and deliver safely. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ahnie fear for drugs (phobia) is different from being allergic (which is bad). She is only allergic if she has some form of reaction to the drugs. What if the drugs are supposed to save her life, wouldn't she still take them?

Anyways, there are lots of foods and fruits that contain the required vitamins.. she would need to google each vitamin and mineral needed to help her baby grow and see what foods contain them.
E.g
Folic acid:
Leafy green vegetables, such as spinach.
Citrus fruits, such as orange juice.
Beans.
Breads.
Cereals.
Rice.
Pastas.

...etc

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
Beremx congrats to your sister.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Sweetestmum when I showed up at my hospital 1 week after I got my bfp to do scan, my obgyn sent me back home. He said it was too early for a scan, asked if I was taking my drugs and told me to come back in 3weeks.

I don't know why some doctors would send patients for scan as early as 4weeks.....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
sugah:
Ahnie fear for drugs (phobia) is different from being allergic (which is bad). She is only allergic if she has some form of reaction to the drugs. What if the drugs are supposed to save her life, wouldn't she still take them?

Anyways, there are lots of foods and fruits that contain the required vitamins.. she would need to google each vitamin and mineral needed to help her baby grow and see what foods contain them.
E.g
Folic acid:
Leafy green vegetables, such as spinach.
Citrus fruits, such as orange juice.
Beans.
Breads.
Cereals.
Rice.
Pastas.

...etc
thanks,i meant phobia for drugs.you are a darlyn!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
icebebe:

Hello NL FAM

i need your help,am 2days late to my EDD yet no contraction,no signs am so worried,pls is dere anytin i can take to make labour start,my mum said somtin abot takin gesto oil(nt sure of the spellings) pls i need help pls.av done all d exercise,walked long distance, ate pinapple,climb the stairs a million times to bring on labour but nothing seems to be happening,pls i need a solution,i want a natural birth biko help!
Is this mama the president of peepers association of pregnancy thread angry angry angry ? Peeping all along and refusing to identify with us here .....and now you need our suggestions and help ...*speaking in falz voice :it is not good like that as you have been peep and not join us here. If we have all been peeping like you, there would hardly have been anyone here to give you any suggestion as we are not be on pay from nairaland but since we are kind hearted mama's here, we forgive easily *

I am in the same shoes like you. Past EDD. Having False labour that is not translating to the real thing yet. Have you tried sex with hubby ? Sex is another method that could help. ...sperm contains substances that could induce Labour.

A mama also mentioned castor oil. It's a bit risky tho cos it can make you purge non stop and yet nothing is achievef so I have refused to try this option cos it easily goes wrong. You can try if you wish. ...the choice is yours but I don't know the dosage.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
Beremx:
To God be the glory. My kid sister just put to bed via C-section to a bouncing baby boy .
cool
Congrats to her....and your family too.
I love this baby's blanket o ooo ... kiss kiss kiss So lovely
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
sweetestmum...why shall u fear na..for my lucas it happened to me cuz i flew to d hospital for antenatal nd d doc did VE for me nd said its fibroid,if u watch cartoon lik me u ll relate hw my head dey bounce lik wen jerry hammer tom for head,he sent me for scan nd
d scan showed a sac bt i was 6wks den infct i didnt boda to go bck to d doc again,went bck to d hospital wen i don clock 10wks,so jst relax nd follow senior mamas advice,God gat u sis.

realdentist..thot na only me dey roll tissue ontop my bluecoloured alwz pad ogrin..it works wonders cuz i do av heavy flow due to fibroid ish.

mumi ahnie..mumi sugah yaff answered u ma

gudevening mamas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Beremx..congrats to ur sis
mumi apeke@hajarahbadmus...we are fine ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
sweetestmum:
I did an early scan (abdominal) at 5weeks plus. there was no heartbeat then. only a gestational sac, so it was advised I come back in two weeks, and sure enough there was a heartbeat by the time I went back. so it's not surprising if u don't see a sac by 4 weeks plus. I know it's hard, but be optimistic. that's d best u can do for urself right now. e-hugs to u

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adorablewifey(f): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=sweetestmum post=48658902][/quote]If your doctor wants you to have a scan earlier than 10 weeks of pregnancy, you might have a transvaginal scan. This is because in early pregnancy, your baby is too small and too low in your abdomen to be seen clearly by an abdominal scan. A transvaginal scan allows your doctor to see into your uterus via the vagina. You'll most likely be offered an early scan when you're between six weeks and 10 weeks pregnant. After 10 weeks and for the rest of your pregnancy, you will have abdominal scans because once your uterus expands and moves up in your abdomen, your baby becomes more visible through your tummy. An abdominal scan cannot deliver clear images that early.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missade(f): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
ozycy:

I use the blue one with 7in the pack, just one hour I went to exercise, b4 I came back the tin don stain my short and it absorbed only I the middle. 2nd days are usually very very heavy for me.

Hi mama, there's this always I get from supermarket. Not made in Big tho but very good and can hold very well; super absorbent. Lemme see if I can get a pic

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bulunton(f): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good evening mama's in d house.
Congratulations to all our new mums and happy waddling to the expectant mothers.
Abeg,how do I locate little me store or dt Iga iduganran axis If am coming from oluwole mall.thank you for responding o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missade(f): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
sweetestmum:

Like everyone has said, pls calm down. Its probably too early and that's all, put your mind at rest.

Same happened to me, was even 6wks+ and no heartbeat, sac was seen but nth in it. Repeated it at 9wks and they saw every. Be calm and testify.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
Beremx congrats
Baby looks xo chubby n healthy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: butterfly55(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.