Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8269918 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 2:07am On Oct 15, 2016
Abeg Mamas I get queshion...ftm things.
I entered Walmart & got confused as to what to buy. Said let me ask first then go back.

1) Pls which size of Huggies am I supposed to start with immediately after delivery? Does Huggies have different brands & features like Pampers, and which is the best pls?

2) which baby wipe is the best or do I just buy any type of huggies wipe I see?

3) Pls which baby formula is the best to buy?
Am thinking of Aptamil (is that OK? or is there something much better we are supposed to use as I don't see the popular Nan here)

4)Also is baby formula different from baby milk cos I saw someone here saying her newborn baby is on formula without baby milk? (That was confusing).

5) Please which car seat are we supposed to buy & go to the hospital with during delivery?
Is it the regular car seat any child of any age can use or is there specific car seat for infants which one must start with for newborn, then buy another one in few months when LO is older.

Thanks in Advance!

Cc:
Alphahandmaiden
Zaynie
Feddy27
Sugar
Jamjam5000
Ozycy
All sabi mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 2:50am On Oct 15, 2016
@ purity77, I'll answer the one I can

5. I don't know what country you are but in some western countries, from my little knowledge, I think you won't be allowed to carry your newborn home from the hospital without a govt approved car seat that meets safety standards. You should buy the one that can be used from birth, usually you'll see it written on the carton: birth > older years depending on the manufacturer. Let it be rear facing too for safety purposes. But let it be the one stated "from birth" for your baby's comfort and also save cost on the long term.

I attached a picture of what I'm talking about... I'm sure you will see very good brands in Walmart or any good baby store
As for the other questions, experienced mums will soon come around to answer. I'm yet to put to bed so I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 4:13am On Oct 15, 2016
Oh, thank you so much Favouredmom!

At least now I have a clue of what to buy...anyone that says "from birth"!
The ones I saw were just on display up there & didn't have cartons for me to see any description. Some were so small a one year+ old child wouldn't fit in them while some were so big I started wondering how a newborn would be positioned in them safely with all the space. Was just confused.

Thanks Ma!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:28am On Oct 15, 2016
Do u have health insurance? If yes find out if they Will be giving u car seat b4 buying.

I think they gave feddy27 or sugah.... cant remember now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaElla(f): 4:39am On Oct 15, 2016
Gandyluv sorry dear
I think you should find out what made ur stitches open for d 3rd time.
I hope u are not sitting on hot water.
I was stitched too and was being forced to sit on on top of kitchen stool with my legs closed. I did that for 2 days and realized it worsend the episiotomy pains, I was bleeding from d site so I stopped. I try as much as possible to avoid sitting on hard surfaces since then.
Please check ur routine and if there's anything U should stop.
Congrats on the arrival of ur baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaElla(f): 4:41am On Oct 15, 2016
Mamas please can anyone send me postpartum belt between today and Monday latest.
I am in ph. Pls quote me if u hv as I no Sabi pm o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:14am On Oct 15, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Madam Zaynie oo ooo....abeg fill me in. Are you using Chicco tooo or another product ? It's only him that uses the powder ooo....no other person ooo. Which one you dey use abeg? I don't use the powder for his nappy oo. I use Vaseline or sheabutter.
But this last one hubby bought, I noticed the container wasn't really filled to the brim sha.

Again can I apply that sudocream on us his face and hands? He has tiny rashes onhis face and hand....

Sorry I'm just replying.
I don't use your regular scenting powder.
I have only rising raving and I use it when rashes appear.
When I had Moyo, I used Boots mainly cos it had cornstarch instead of talc. I didn't even finish a bottle.
Sudocreme on the face isn't really a good idea but when my kids have rashes in the armpit, I apply and then cement with the powder. lipsrsealed
All these non-medicated powders do nothing for rashes o..... Chicco powder won't cure rash. It 'might' freshen up the face sha.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:30am On Oct 15, 2016
Purity77:
I entered Walmart & got confused as to what to buy. Said let me ask first then go back.

1) Pls which size of Huggies am I supposed to start with immediately after delivery? Does Huggies have different brands & features like Pampers, and which is the best pls?

Am thinking of Aptamil (is that OK? or is there something much better we are supposed to use as I don't see the popular Nan here)

4)Also is baby formula different from baby milk cos I saw someone here saying her newborn baby is on formula without baby milk? (That was confusing).

5) Please which car seat are we supposed to buy & go to the hospital with during delivery?
Is it the regular car seat any child of any age can use or is there specific car seat for infants which one must start with for newborn, then buy another one in few months when LO is older.

Thanks in Advance!

1. There's size one of huggies. Just buy a Lil of that..... say like up to 50. If scan confirms you have a big baby like 3.75kg and above on the way, you might want to jump this size and buy size 2. Size 2 should do till baby is sitting or crawling sef. So a little size one and a lot of size 2.
I always buy size on cos it's always so cuteeeeeee kiss on them. Snug and fit.

2. I use Huggies baby wipes; sensitive. Cos I don't know if the baby will be one kind selective baby.
The one with aloe is also very good.
Try to avoid the very nice smelling kind or any wipes with alcohol or and disinfecting wipes ( you can get this for cleaning surfaces )

3. Whatever formula suits your baby's needs/tummy and your pocket and instincts. Buy just one at first to check if baby likes it and isn't sensitive to it.

4.formula is baby milk. Maybe she meant breastmilk or milk ( some kids are lactose intolerant )

5. Infant car seat at birth. It's just their size.
Regular car seat as they grow.

Abeg where can I get seat booster for my 4 year old?
That boy no wan dey hear sit down again angry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:29am On Oct 15, 2016
Emerald65 and Olatebony both sell pp belt

luscioustrish:
I need affordable postpartum belt, pm me please,I'm in Lagos or help me cc mamas that sells.....My son has jaundice and the pediatrician claimed he didn't see it the day he was born now I'm worried..though I gave him pawpaw water to drink,Nigerian doctors are just not it....it is well.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lexajen(f): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2016
Good morning Mamas.

Abeg make Una forgive me for my professional MIA

I'm beginning to experience the heaviness other mamas are talking of.

Also Mamas, there is something I was taught that I have been meaning to share.
It's about caring for our breasts.
Before now, I had this dark dark patches all over, it made my areola feel very dry but I didn't bother myself much because I am a first time mum and I felt the changes are normal and those things would fall off on their own.

But I used Olive oil to plaster every area of my areola (coconut oil works too) then I left it for a while, like 10 minutes, then I started cleaning.

Christ!!!! The things that fell off ehn!

Now I feel like the owner of my breasts again.

I was also taught to be pulling my tips to allow for easy lactation.

It was a really fulfilling experience for me and I wish that some of us who haven't started doing it will start.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lexajen(f): 7:34am On Oct 15, 2016
I intend to buy baby diapers.

Is Napkin still in vogue, the white type I mean...
Or should I buy disposable kind?

Which one is affordable and what size can I get for a new born that will not make me regret? I'm scared of pampers embarassed

Also, which soap and oil and powder is best recommended.
I was also told to buy antiseptic baby cream, which one will I buy.

What does a flannel gown look like? embarassed

Which hot water flask brand is best?

Please no read and ignore me o o ocheesy
Epp me with answers please.

Onegai florena iomoge2 rofemiguwa Zaynie.
Everyone pleasesmiley

*modified*

Ehen, Mamas, this is type of cot I bought..
You may notice it has two layers.
I was thinking of buying something foamy to augment the sleeping surface, but I don't know the name I will call to market people, please advise me.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 8:14am On Oct 15, 2016
Thanks so much @feddy27,babythug,Blessedmum,and Topfuncakes166,for the tips.its not just easy seeing her in discomfort. God bless all our LOs.Good morning all.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2016
My baby cot is a bit different from yours, but I bought a MOUKA FOAM BABY COT MATTRESS from one of their distributors. They make it specifically for baby cots, and it comes pre-wrapped wt a Waterproof material that prevents the mattress from absorbing pee or any fluid that pours on it.

My mum says you may not get original white napkins of good quality anymore, but u can try asking when u get to the market.

I googled flannel gowns and I was seeing images of gown Wey resemble normal nightgown. May I ask what u need them for??

I copied u in zayn.ie's comment on diaper size for newborns. There r lots of brands in the market but u can also ask experienced mamas around you and work with their feedback. My elder sis and 2 friends have recommended molfix diapers, I haven't bought any yet. Just start wt a small quantity first and then with time, u add more...that way ur not stuck wt lots of unused diapers which ur lo has outgrown.

#My2Cents
P.s - I am a FTM too

lexajen:

Which one is affordable and what size can I get for a new born that will not make me regret? I'm scared of pampers embarassed

*modified*

I was thinking of buying something foamy to augment the sleeping surface, but I don't know the name I will call to market people, please advise me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Cc lexajen... See bolded for ur question on diaper sizes

zaynie:

1. There's size one of huggies. Just buy a Lil of that..... say like up to 50. If scan confirms you have a big baby like 3.75kg and above on the way, you might want to jump this size and buy size 2. Size 2 should do till baby is sitting or crawling sef. So a little size one and a lot of size 2.
I always buy size on cos it's always so cuteeeeeee kiss on them. Snug and fit.

2. I use Huggies baby wipes; sensitive. Cos I don't know if the baby will be one kind selective baby.
The one with aloe is also very good.
Try to avoid the very nice smelling kind or any wipes with alcohol or and disinfecting wipes ( you can get this for cleaning surfaces )

3. Whatever formula suits your baby's needs/tummy and your pocket and instincts. Buy just one at first to check if baby likes it and isn't sensitive to it.

4.formula is baby milk. Maybe she meant breastmilk or milk ( some kids are lactose intolerant )

5. Infant car seat at birth. It's just their size.
Regular car seat as they grow.

Abeg where can I get seat booster for my 4 year old?
That boy no wan dey hear sit down again angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by XX01(f): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2016
@Purity77,

1. Most US hospitals give you baby diapers upon birth. You might want to buy from size 2 for long term use if you are buying cartons to take home. There are different types of huggies like you have pampers but I can't remember them.

2. I liked huggies sensitive wipes as well as Johnsons.

3. Most hospitals also give formula freebies so you might want to hold off buying. (Don't tell them you want to breastfeed). When baby is born, you can test which brand she will prefer before you bulk buy. But some brands are more expensive than others.

4. Already answered.

5. Buy an infant rear facing car seat first and then buy a convertible one later. They offer more support and is safer for an infant. Some buy travel systems that also include a buggy. From birth and rear facing should be your watchwords.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mnit: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Good morning mothers....

I am one of u but had to use this monika for this issue.Pls i need advise

I married some 3yrs back but i hv this issue am still unable to solve with hubby.
1 week to our marriage,hubby family put a stop to our court wedding saying dey dont do court wedding in their family.hubby begged me dat we shld do d church n traditional that we will do d court secretly wc i agreed to.since d past 3yrs he has nt agreed to do it.
Now to my 2nd issue we hv gotten 4 landed properties in diff location and  they are all in his name.not even in our two kids name or both of us name.
I know i didnt complain abt d names in d first two properties but d last two i did n he still went ahead to do it.i know d reason is because his elder bro is d surveyor that works on d land b4 his lawyer work on d document so he is aware of it.so i feel he is doing that so that his bro wont tell d rest of d family.infact i dont even know what to think again.i stopped him from using his bro as d surveyor but he says he cant use outsider wen he has one.

He feels i dont lack anything and he provide all we need n even do house chores n what hv u so i shldnt complain abt this.

Pls mamas i dont know if am being paranoid abt a non issue but am really takin dis serious and its affecting us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 8:45am On Oct 15, 2016
Purity77:

Thanks in Advance!
1. Do not buy diapers before birth. Your hospital would provide you with diapers ( most likely pampers swaddlers for newborn) that might last you a few weeks...then depending on the weight of your child, you would start buying afterwards... I'm not a fan of Huggies so I don't even know if they have different types. I prefer Kirkland's diapers and wipes
2. Kirkland wipes is rated one of the best.. But I bought parents choice (Walmart brand) while I was there. I totally loved it.
3. Again your hospital would give you baby formula... Maybe you should buy the brand they give you. Mine gave me Enfamil.
4. I'm not sure, ftm tinz too
5. Infant car seat...( can be used upto 2years or so, check the weight limitation) cos they have a handle you can use to carry the seat around.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Purity77:

You will start with newborn size but most times, they give you a lot of it at the hospital. I normally buy huggies little snugglers from size newborn to size 2, little movers from size 3 - 5, after that I graduate to training pants.

Huggies wipes normally have the refill and single packs. If you want to dispense into your wipes container, refill is the option. Either ways, any one works for me

If you ask for best, similac, enfamil, aptamil will go for me However, you don't find aptamil in US stores. It's either similac, enfamil or gerber. I used similac for my son till 6 months and changed to aptamil till 12 months. For my daughter, I'm using enfamil. Also, you will be given formula at the hospital, try it with your baby and see reaction before you stock on your formula.

Formula is baby milk so I'm confused too..lol

You need rare facing infant car seat for the hospital and your baby can use it from birth till 1yr.

Thanks in Advance!

My answers are written in blue below your questions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2016
Mnit:

He feels i dont lack anything and he provide all we need n even do house chores n what hv u so i shldnt complain abt this.
Of course its an issue. The question is not if he can provide for you now, its if he has made arrangements to cater for you and especially his kids when he is gone.
If he doesn't want to include your name cos of what his brother might say, then he should write a will and make sure you and your kids are the sole beneficiaries.
Also, taking out life insurance is a way to secure the kids future.

Your first issue, can't help. I didn't do court wedding either. We chose not to cos we are not expecting a divorce...maybe I'm just naive grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2016
lexajen:

Also, which soap and oil and powder is best recommended.
I was also told to buy antiseptic baby cream, which one will I buy.

Onegai florena iomoge2 rofemiguwa Zaynie.
Everyone pleasesmiley

*modified*

I use nappies and cloth wipes and they work well for me and I believe in the long run, they are much cheaper and function better than most locally produced diaposable diapers. I used Aveeno baby wash and switched to Dove pure and sensitive after 3 months. Antiseptic baby cream is unnecessary in my opinion and I shared on the Newborn thread a link that antibacterial handwashes and soaps were being banned in the U.S. from next year. I can answer more there on that thread if you like.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2016
Olukunle5:
Hello Mamas, please how did you guys deal with the excess saliva? Is there anything I need to do for it to reduce? Please help me. I cannot be spitting around in a bottle or cup.

Thanks

My dear, u no get choice oh, Lol.
Just make peace with it. I used to be very upset about it but right now i do it with swag grin
I'm almost 30wks nw nd still on it, i spit round the clock and mine sef comes with phlegm. Its part of the package, pele.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mnit: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2016
sugah:

Of course its an issue. [b]The question is not if he can provide for you now,
thank you.
i cant really raise d issue of WILL now cos it will look like there is more to it.

if d court marriage was done,i wont be bordered abt whose name are on d properties or nt.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:25am On Oct 15, 2016
gandyluv:
no it wasn't CS and that's the truth.i dnt knw wen my son came out

Cc. Iomoge2

May be its Pethidine.
There is also another drug, not sure of the name now which is in the same cathegory as "truth serum"
I have read somewhere that some people that have it zone out completely and cant remember shi.t afterwards!

As long as it all ends in praise and every one is fine.

Congratulations on your little one. !

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2016
Mnit:

thank you.
i cant really raise d issue of WILL now cos it will look like there is more to it.

if d court marriage was done,i wont be bordered abt whose name are on d properties or nt.
At least I hope you are his next of kin?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2016
[quote author=missade post=50060305][/quote] really? what wll you give me naaa. i was born on your bday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2016
Thanks favouredmum for ur input. God bless u ma. I just dont want to make a mistake, u even need to see me after the walks, all my bones nd waist will jez finish.

Mamas can know how to ignore some1 here ehn!
Pls u ppl shud help a FTM oh. Biko nu.

Ammy5565:
Goodevening mamas
Pls i need insight on a thot i just started having. I just got back from my 1hr evening walk which I started doing as I clocked 28wks. I'm currently 29wks. While on it today, I remembered some mamas here have used walking to bring on labour when they were term, so I started wondering if it's too early to be taking walks and whether it can bring on premature labour. It's not easy taking those walks but I try to because of the perceived benefits, lemme nt use my own hand and cause problems for myself.
Pls mamas, no waka pass. Help a jjc sista.
Tanchu

Jazzyjazz baby, na so I ask my doc at military hospital today if they give epidural, the guy laff say na 'psychological epidural ' them dey give grin
I just vex no be small. That he encourages women when they are in labour. Say epidural na for oyinbo ppl.
Imagine oh.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2016
Mummytee:
kpele dear,its frustrating i know.mine started day1 of my preggy and its stopd at the end of second trim.all i did to reduce it then was bitter-kola,i will just put it in my mouth like candy.no chewing
works very well
cc Olukunle5
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 10:21am On Oct 15, 2016
BellaElla:
Mamas please can anyone send me postpartum belt between today and Monday latest.
I am in ph. Pls quote me if u hv as I no Sabi pm o.

Yaaayyy!!!!
Finally found a ph mama. Thought everybody here na lagosian. Pls which hospital did u use? M using military hospital. Any reviews about them?
Just apprehensive!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2016
Sales ! Sales !! Sales !!!.

*Get your nursing pllow, nursing cape, baby carrier and changing mat for 10k and get it shipped to you for free (home delivery)

*Christening set for boys and girls for just 4k

*Also free delivery for items above 15k

*5 in 1bodysuit and 2 set of 3 in 1 sleep suits for 10k

*free baby pillow for items of 10k above

*free wasclothes and baby pillow for items of 15k above

*pre order your pp belt too and get 10% discount
Offer valid for just 2 weeks. hurry!!!! its my month of birth.
Finally i am declaring free 5 in 1 carters body suit for babies that arrive on my bday.
#pls note dat you will bear d shipping cost.thank you allllllllll

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nennynj(f): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2016
lexajen:
Good morning Mamas.

Abeg make Una forgive me for my professional MIA

I'm beginning to experience the heaviness other mamas are talking of.

Also Mamas, there is something I was taught that I have been meaning to share.
It's about caring for our breasts.
Before now, I had this dark dark patches all over, it made my areola feel very dry but I didn't bother myself much because I am a first time mum and I felt the changes are normal and those things would fall off on their own.

But I used Olive oil to plaster every area of my areola (coconut oil works too) then I left it for a while, like 10 minutes, then I started cleaning.

Christ!!!! The things that fell off ehn!

Now I feel like the owner of my breasts again.

I was also taught to be pulling my tips to allow for easy lactation.

It was a really fulfilling experience for me and I wish that some of us who haven't started doing it will start.

True talk. Am a testimony to dat. my lo didn't find it difficult to pump out the breast milk after I gave birth cos I was cleaning the breast everyday with olive oil using cotton wool. Blackish dirt due come out from my tips and the surrounding.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2016
True! There are top notch hospitals but na your pocket go talk.
Just like Nisa Premier, Limi hospital also charges 100k for antenatal alone and 150 for antenatal and delivery

ozycy:

Nisa-Premier. There are so many good hospitals where you go and receive top notch treatment but you really have to cough out enough money. If your friend don't mind. The last time I asked, I think their Antenatal alone is for 100k
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:38am On Oct 15, 2016
sugah:

Of course its an issue. The question is not if he can provide for you now, its if he has made arrangements to cater for you and especially his kids when he is gone.
If he doesn't want to include your name cos of what his brother might say, then he should write a will and make sure you and your kids are the sole beneficiaries.
Also, taking out life insurance is a way to secure the kids future.

Your first issue, can't help. I didn't do court wedding either. We chose not to cos we are not expecting a divorce...maybe I'm just naive grin grin grin

Cc. Mnit

I agree with sugah.
Firstly, if you contributed to purchase of the land, you name needs to be included on the deeds.

Secondly, him putting your name on the documents should not be an issue because his brother is the surveyor! So what if the family knows you both bought land. You are his wife and the mother of his children! Who else will he buy land for? With that kind of attitude, just pray for long life for him cos there are likely to be inheritance issues.

Thirdly, agreed a will should be written to ensure no hanky panky, but writtng a will is not the issue, he slso needs to put good executors in place as well. If he puts idiots or someone who doesnt have your interest at heart, na there una go dey.

Fourtly, churches need a liscence to marry people and for that marriage to be recognised by law! that is why , in church you signed a document called the wedding register and you should have submitted a copy to your local government office. This is essentially the same document you would sign in a court wedding.

It is a legally binding document.

So if na only espiritus string tying of hand or sand pouring ceremony una do... then the marriage can be contested.

Lastly: The issue is not taking care of you when all is rosy, its when shi.t happens that story will change.
It doesnt even have to be death, even a long or unexpecred serious / critical illness.
There are cases where the guy is unconcious in hospital and the wife has no access to his accounts to get money for his treatment. Meanehile here are millions sitting there!

Unfortunately nigerians are generally bad at talking about death and mis-fortune.... na so so "God forbid "and "its not my portion" we go dey talk"?

Life happens and with life sometime comes illness, accidents and always death. No one wishes for such but it doesnt harm anyone to be prepared.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.