Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128260 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzzy4God(f): 12:48am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year to all mamas,supernatural delivery this year IJN. To our sisters looking unto God for fruit of the womb,God will answer you,just continue to have faith,u will carry ur babies dis year IJN. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 1:15am On Jan 01, 2017
Waddling mamas, soon to be mamas, new mamas, boot-hanging mamas, it is with great joy that I welcome you to 2017. Happy new year!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 01, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR & PROSPEROUS 2017 mamas! I pray this year would b full of grace and peace, good news will never cease. There shall be no lack and you all shall be uplifted...... More grace to function. My Teamies how una dey?

@Naomi14 ................ 3rd May, gender X?

@Rhemy2013 ....... 5th/11th May, gender X?

@Nwarosa ................ 6th May, gender X?

@Realtalk19 ............. 30th May, gender X?

@queensnow ............ 16th May, gender X?

@opejulie10 ............. 15th May, gender XX

@Berra .................... 3rd May, gender XY

@ftmum .................. May, gender X?

@Kemifemi .............. 6th May, gender X?

@Pamelar ................ 14th May, gender X?

@kemifemi ............... 6th May, gender X?

#Supernaturaldelivery#teamMay2017#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 1:37am On Jan 01, 2017
May the new year bring you all. greater heights of success, prosperity, good health and happiness. Happy New Year sexy mummys. wishing u all safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2017
I welcome all the mamas here to 2017....team January are we ready....we shall deliver with ease,same with other mamas....mehn...the waddling is not easy now...baby is engaged so my pelvic area hurts...we give God all the glory...haven't finished shopping(baba God pick up my call o) hospital bags not packed too...hopefully before month end would do that...jazzyjazz I can't wait to see ur birth announcement....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anak123: 2:03am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year mamas!!! kiss

Its our year of flourishing in every area of our lives!!

God bless you all. Love u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 2:06am On Jan 01, 2017
burticious:
from the precious Edd you got, and the one you get from the scan you do at your clinic.. You can get correct Edd by comparing them
Make me rush go collect my own correct EDD.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by freshtestimony: 2:40am On Jan 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I de come. Wait for me tongue

Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 6:12am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year to all my e-sisters, to the waddling mothers, success is ours, to all our ATC mothers, God will put smiles on your face and our new name will be congratulations and it shall be permanent in our lives.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2017
The Lord's grace that brought us thus far will take us much further,Welcome to 2017!Congrats,we made it,praise be to God!Any baby of the year?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 6:23am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New year mama's. May this year bring only good tidings our way. May we all birth our LOs painlessly and there shall not be any loss in this house.

@Jazzyjazz Thank you. I already saw My doc and he prescribed a cough syrup of which I am on my third bottle without relief. He recommended got steam bath for a week but I doubt that as a valid treatment plan that is why i am looking for alternatives.

@iyomomoreloaded I will try that. Is vit C safe for me at 10weeks? Should i get the white ones or the tangy orange ones? Thank you.

@queensnow I asked at the pharmacy and they said its only recommended for 13weeks and above. Thank you ma for your suggestion.

@soonest No its not. It's just dey cough that hurts my throat although i cough out phlegm Some times but it's very little. I wanted to try the ginger brew but I'm scared.

@hunniesuzie thanks dear. What quantity of ginger did you use? If i add a bite sized ginger to a 150cl of Eva water, will that suffice? I will top it up with plenty honey and Lemon. If you can explain the quantity of ginger you used, that would be very helpful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 6:27am On Jan 01, 2017
No ma, I'm not on any drugs besides the cough syrup doctor recommended and my prenatals.

quote author=jesscaxt post=52421711]

Hi,
Are you on any progesterone injections or pills. I've heard some people react to it by coughing. So maybe u'd have to bear with it and manage it as much as you can till u stop the progesterone.
Best wishes.[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 6:41am On Jan 01, 2017
My mom àsked me to do that but the taste of the palm oil and sugar no gree pass my throat. Guess I have to force myself to take it. Thank you

iomoge2:

Why dont u mix palm oil and sugar. Keep on a small cup and take 1 table spoon every 2 hours.
It works in less than 24hours.worked 4 my mum n kid bro n daughter.
I learnt it here from @Zaynie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 7:04am On Jan 01, 2017
Livestrong.com
Excessive Vitamin C in Early Pregnancy
By Lillian Downey

Staying healthy is vital during pregnancy. Vitamin C is touted as one of the keys to good health because of its immune-boosting reputation. While some vitamin C is essential to a healthy pregnancy, too much may lead to problems in both you and your baby, especially in early pregnancy. Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, you should get all of the vitamin C you need from a healthy, well-balanced diet and your prenatal vitamin, not from vitamin C supplements.

Safe Dosage
Safe dosage recommendations vary. The American Pregnancy Association recommends 80 to 85 mg daily, while the National Institutes of Health's Medline Plus suggests that pregnant women consume around 120 milligrams daily. The negative effects of vitamin C likely occur at dosages above the 2,000 milligrams tolerable upper intake level. Manage your intake by eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables for their vitamin C content, rather than taking supplements to meet your nutritional needs.

Newborn Scurvy
Too much vitamin C during pregnancy can cause your baby to be born with a vitamin C deficiency, also called scurvy, according to the American Pregnancy Association. When you ingest too much vitamin C, your baby can develop an intolerance or resistance. Your own kidneys contribute by increasing the amount of vitamin C they excrete, even after you stop taking high doses.

Pre-eclampsia Cure?
Pregnant women used to turn to vitamin C as a natural way to manage pre-eclampsia, or pregnancy-induced high blood pressure. The National Institutes of Health issued a statement in April 2010 indicating that, according to its research, vitamin C supplements, usually taken in combination with vitamin E supplements, do not reduce your risk of pre-eclampsia or minimize its negative effects on you and your baby. Pre-eclampsia can cause growth restriction in your baby and may lead to stroke or heart attack for you. The condition must be closely monitored by your health-care provider.

Miscarriage
High doses of vitamin C may cause miscarriages, which prompts some women to use the vitamin as a home remedy for abortion. There is much controversy surrounding this concept, but some health practitioners believe that vitamin C encourages menstruation, resulting in a miscarriage, explains Pregnancy Baby Care. The amount of vitamin C found in a prenatal vitamin or other multivitamin does not have the high doses that may result in miscarriage, but if you have concerns, talk with your doctor about possible complication

CC spiceeamiee
NB- I was prescribed 100mg 3x daily @12 weeks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 7:26am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year all, wish us all a great year ahead, filled with new hopes, dreams, accomplishments, joy, happiness, success, with God's grace and mercy.
I wish out hearts be filled with love , peace and content .
I pray our blessings be sustained and we're ever thankful.
I pray that those who await the blessings of the womb, have their hearts desires fulfilled .
I pray this year has lesser disasters, lesser hate, lesser accidents and loads of love.
Happy New Year!

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alwaystrue(f): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2017
Loisemm:
Ifylicious (Cionon), special mega congraaats! Choi... God is faithful indeed.
I am so happy for you. I know you from reading earlier threads of TTC forum. May you carry joyfully to term. I am waiting and praying and knowing that Alwaystrue will get hers too.

Hmmmm, all my silent helpers who keep praying and trust God for me...you shall not be put to shame in Jesus name cheesy kiss . God bless you plenty Loisemm.

Happy New Year dear sisters. Safe carriage and delivery to us all. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkaytchee(f): 8:11am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatweenz: 8:28am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year mamas, dis year will bring u plenty good tidings.. hoping on having a new year baby. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year mamas may our case be different IJN

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2017
cappo sixx, come do roll call o.....we're in January o...my teamies....are we ready? any Dec mama porting?....Welcome o....we await our new year baby....jazzyjazz open floor for us.
#teamjanuaryfor supernatural delivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2017
Mzora:
cappo sixx, come do roll call o.....we're in January o...my teamies....are we ready? any Dec mama porting?....Welcome o....we await our new year baby....jazzyjazz open floor for us.
Happy new year team January
Sixx oya come and claim the floor
Favouredmom where is the baton? Hand it over to us o.........we want to open the floor grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2017
mamatweenz:
Happy new year mamas, dis year will bring u plenty good tidings.. hoping on having a new year baby. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Welcome mama and wish you a safe delivery today. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2017
spiceeamiee:
My mom àsked me to do that but the taste of the palm oil and sugar no gree pass my throat. Guess I have to force myself to take it. Thank you

I also learnt from facebook thst putting some ori on tablespoon then a pinch of salt n melt to drink works.
Any1 u r comfortable with.

But i prefer d palm oil.
My girl was 2 or 3 weeks old when i gave her n she coughed out mucor in less dan 6hours n d cough vanished. Since then nothing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2017
Ah mama, don't worry baba God go answer your call.
The pain in the pelvic area and jajaina is not beans o. When my lo starts to dance etigi in my belly ehn that's how tears will just be coming out of my eyes. Lol. Nobody de beat me but I de cry cheesy

Pls try and pack your hospital bag. Even if na small things de inside. Just incase your lo decide to make an early appearance.

Mzora:
I welcome all the mamas here to 2017....team January are we ready....we shall deliver with ease,same with other mamas....mehn...the waddling is not easy now...baby is engaged so my pelvic area hurts...we give God all the glory...haven't finished shopping(baba God pick up my call o) hospital bags not packed too...hopefully before month end would do that...jazzyjazz I can't wait to see ur birth announcement....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:07am On Jan 01, 2017
Make I open floor? Hahahahaha. I wish I can o but Lo no just want come yet. Last night contractions left me on tears. I no sleep.
Spoke with my doctor about it and he says if it gets unbearable I should come. Next doctors appointment is on Tuesday. So I'm eager to see what he will do.

Cappo sixx come and do roll call o

Mzora:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2017
mum2bsoon:
To God b d glory, I put 2 bed a baby girl yesterday @ 7:36 pm weighing 3.2kg. 4 years delay is over in my life. Bs coming soon

Here is my princess @ a day old
Cc favouredmom

Awwww she's such a cutie

Congrats darling

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Thanks ma. I'm 10weeks today. I drink warm water and get a little relief but in less than 2hours I'm back to coughing again. Pls sabi mama's @jazzyjazz @nicoleswizzi @FavouredMom @Sixx @iyomomoreloaded @mamaoo @realdentist and others pls help me with something safe to use for this stubborn cough before I enter the new year miserable embarassed embarassed

Try the sugar and palm oil mixture @ Iomoge2 suggested. During pregnancy, doctors are always careful to prescribe cough syrups. The trad method has proven to work for many
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2017
TEAM DECEMBER UPDATE AND HANDOVER

HAPPY NEW YEAR kiss kiss kiss
The year 2017 is going to be our year of new beginnings.

Our God is awesome smiley

Nothing broken, nothing missing, nothing lost!!! The Almighty God deserves all the praises and adoration.

19 birth alerts out of an initial 25 already!!! 6 yet to check in with their birth reports. I know some of the rest may have put to bed but haven't had the time to come here and announce it. Motherhood is the real deal cool

5 people have ported in, that makes it a total of 25 babies in all including a set of twins. 13 boys, 12 girls at the moment.

To those who are yet to drop their birth stories, kindly endeavour to do so as soon as you get a chance. Too many people are owing BS angry angry

You never know who you will be helping with the info so pls let's try. I know taking care of a newborn is not easy, I'm a twin mum myself but the Lord is our strength.

Big hugs and kisses to those who have dropped their birth stories kiss kiss kiss
It's been a wonderful journey so far. In the year 2016, some of us became mothers. God saw us through our pregnancies and renewed our strength. It can only be God.

Thanks to Iomoge2 who handed the baton to me from team November. I officially hand over the same baton to @ sixx, captain for the month of January. I pray none of the pregnant women in 2017 will fall by the way side. No one will lose their pregnancies and you will all carry your babies to full term and also carry them alive. No one on this thread will suffer any form of loss in Jesus name. Amen.

The Lord will keep us all.

@ sixx, the following teammates are yet to announce their birth alerts so kindly take note;
Joyfulmoda, iamfruitful04, mukhcech(dec daddy), mummytee, realsupermum and Suzy.

This is the state of things for team December 2016 as at today, the 1st of January, 2017 as far as I'm made aware of:

1. AbbynHummy BBG 28/12
2. Ammy5565 BBB 19/12
3. Akorkor BBG 22/12
4. ArewaBOG BBB
5. AwesomeGodiAv BBG 29/11
6. Beeejaylere BBB 1/12 kiss kiss
7. Buccee BBG 18/12 kiss kiss
8. Classic01 BBB 25/12 CHRISTMAS BABY!!! shocked cool
9. Enque BBG 28/11 kiss kiss
10. Favouredmom BBG & BBB kiss kiss
11. Joyfulmoda XX
12. iamfruitful04
13. Mamacajah BBB 15/12
14. Mimibe BBB 22/12 kiss kiss
15. Mukhcech (Dec daddy) XY
16. Mummytee X?
17. Mum2bsoon BBG 30/12
18. Phundek BBG 18/12
19. Queen1 BBG 9/12
20. realsupermumXX
21. SisiNini BBB 9/12 kiss kiss
22. Sugarbuns BBB 24/12
23. SurySuri BBG 13/12
24. Suzy X?
25. Ultimatebunmi1 BBG 19/12

*** mydeporch (ported from November) BBB 4/12 kiss kiss

Juliao (ported from January) BBG 14/12

Oomiyale (ported from January) BBB 19/12

Nifeseun (ported from January) BBB 23/12

Freshtestimony (ported from January) BBB 24/12

And so with this update, TEAM DECEMBER takes a bow.

@ sixx and team January, over to you smiley

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:23am On Jan 01, 2017
Team January New Year Message.

This is January, a month of new beginnings and uncommon encounters and because its January, we own the floor, we are here to open the way, set the pace, overtake and overcome and we welcome all mamas to join us in this amazing month's ride. Welcome to 2017 were u will achieve whatever was unachievable in 2016!

Team Jan, I salute you! Weldone, i hail u. Some have ported, congrats, may God bless you and ur los. It will end in praise for the rest of us. Heres our first roll call fo the year! We thank God for bringing us alive thus far...

Sixx 25th, its a BOY
Rukkington 27th, its a GIRL
ConvenantBabies 20th/26th/30th
Flodel 19th, its a BOY
Mzora 27th, its a BOY
Kemesty 7th
Dunni29 13th/15th
Jazzyjazz 8th/14th/18th, its a BOY
Freshtestimony 2nd/6th/11th, its a BOY (ported to Dec) grin
Tinutunde 5th, its a BOY
Bulunton
Oomiyale 13th, its a BOY (ported to Dec) grin
Cheeketo 27th, its a GIRL
Nifeseun no edd, its a BOY (ported to Dec) grin
Atinuketuna1 1st/3rd/7th
BeeBlossoms 28th, its a BOY
Amypearl 1st/5th/7th, its a BOY
Marimaar
Ijelex 18th, its a BOY
CharmyBliz 18th
Joyurpreh 27th, its a GIRL and a GIRL
Juliao 23rd, its a GIRL (ported to Dec) grin
Rieme26 22nd, its a GIRL

Tomorrow is prayer monday, team Jan lets all come out and pray for ourselves and our los, for safe delivery and no loss. Pls come and post ur prayers because God has been good 2 us as we have had no loss.
Remember Tuesday is also bumpy tuesday, lets also come out en mass n showcase our huge bumps, especially those who are closer to their edds. It is well. Luv u all.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Ah mama, don't worry baba God go answer your call.
The pain in the pelvic area and jajaina is not beans o. When my lo starts to dance etigi in my belly ehn that's how tears will just be coming out of my eyes. Lol. Nobody de beat me but I de cry cheesy

Pls try and pack your hospital bag. Even if na small things de inside. Just incase your lo decide to make an early appearance.

kk....jazzyjazz thanks for the encouragement.... will bring the bag down....dust it and start putting things small small...even if na to wash old ones put will do that now...pending when I get new ones...God will definitely provide....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemesty(f): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
Cappo sixx is the real deal. January is here. I thought i would port to december but God has a better plan. I purged all through the night with weakness of the body, menstrual like pains and plenty other complaints. I'm so ready for baby to be born. The mansion baby is building is completed so 'eviction notice' has been served.
Despite my 3rd, can't seem to differentiate between false and real labour contractions anymore. Baby seem to be a lil trickster in that department. My next doc appointment is on tuesday, my fingers are crossed for the positive. Hospital bag is fully packed.

Team January, let's thank God already for our bundle of joy has been delivered already with joyful parents.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemesty(f): 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
Here's a pix of the wardrobe a carpenter made for me. I decided to make one than buying and there are several customised compartments inside.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.