Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157436 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzezkay: 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Goodday house grin
Would like to register #team april#

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
ultimatebunmi1:
Plz my people where can I get electronics breast pump my baby is starving.the breast is not coming out well and d formular am given her have landed me in the hospital despite it is imported plz help me.as I post this message am with her on. Admission plz help me
You can get at any good baby shop in ur locality. Have u tried d methods other mothers hv shared here for boosting bm supply ? Fenugreek, bitter leaf soup made with cocoyam, etc. May God grant ur baby speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Jazzyjazz, sorry for ur loss. May God comfort u and your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
enque:
My dear pregnancy is a blessing, so don't be tired o! smiley

for heartburn - eat smaller portions of food instead of large portions.
sip water gradually while eating,
try and takr note of the foods that aggravate the heartburn (for me it was beans and spicy foods) and eat then in moderation
Dinner shld be 2 or 3 hrs b4 bedtime so proper digestion can take place
My Dr recommended gestid, altho I took it just 1ce or 2ice but it did make a difference d few times I took it...

PLS DO NOT SELF MEDICATE O! LET UR DR APPROVE ANY DRUG U DECIDE TO TAKE.

pele dear....tiredness is part of the package so take it one day at time biko!

Waa wa alright!

thanks a lot ms, this really helps
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Giddyperson:

They gave me one liquid white medicine at the hospital, I think it was gestid or something in that category. doesn't taste bad and really helps with the heartburn. I only experienced heartburn in first trimester tho, it was intense and nothing else apart from that medicine worked for me. You should mention it to your doctor.

As for tiredness, at work sometimes I just go to the toilet sit there and I legit pass out and sleep. These days I've to start setting alarm for my sleeping sessions cuz the way it's going I might enter there one day and do three hours straight. If you've done all the routine tests and you take your routine drugs and you are still feeling tired, then just try and take all the rest you can get, it comes with the territory.

lols, I wish I can sleep at work ooo, thanks dear, will try and get more rest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hmmm that's a serious something o! shocked Thank you mama!
enque:
Naomi14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUjrav57QKs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatp80(f): 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
lioha:
Nine months and I have not seen a drop.

l have a friend that don't see her period till she stops breastfeeding. As far as she is breastfeeding, her period stops ,sometimes one year or even more, depends on wen she want to wean. So my dear nothing to worry. Our body differs.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gr8fulHeart(f): 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
i have to rant ooo.
saw d fried yam sansa143(hope i got dt rite) posted xdy and i said to myslf yes i must do it. that was my undoing. after eating it xdy i started being uncomfortable. nxt tin i started belching foul belch. trew up all my stomach content dis morn b4 leaving for work. being afraid to eat all day xcpt for orange and banana. got to office no strenght. now i jst realized i hv a big boil on my private region. cant evn walk straight. my back hurts too. and my dd is climbing all over my body. she has missed mom all day. tired mehnnnn. 40wks seems lik foreva. na 26weeks we still dey sins oooo

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yesitsme:
Amem ooo. Have u started buying baby things? I have those I got for previous baby but will buy hospital things next month
Yes oo I don almost buy finish ooo in fact wats left is to buy my own things..like nightie, breastpad and maternity bra...am done with baby things...didn't want to shop when my belle go dey big anyhow...will be very tired, and d way my legs swell this days...I just tank God I av finished...abeg shop now if u get abeg..make u just rest..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chanbaby:
My sisters it's well with us. Pregnancy can be a walk in the park for some people and the opposite for others. For me I didn't experience morning sickness. I told my mum I was pregnant when I was already 4months gone cos I didn't look it and she was surprise I don't spit or vomit she was even more surprised to see me taking my prenatal drugs cos she couldn't cos of sickness she said she just throws it into a gutter on her way from the hospital and leave just one of each in case my dad ask her. I only started have heartburn at 18weeks and I could manage the discomfort. With pregnancy my DH always chase me about for sex cos I was glowing according to him. So for pregnancy no two women are the same and so women that had it smooth wouldn't be able to relate with what others are going through.
Hahahahahaha no be small chasing o...u most be shining like moon oo.Hahahahahaha...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mzezkay:

Goodday house grin
U are very welcome...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
My Teamie Spiceeamiee pele ehnnn, i pray the 2nd trimester gets better and more strength to carry through to the end. Sometimes when i feel less preggy, i start looking for MS signs all around my body and i begin to pray for just one sign, and some other days i feel like yes i am actually preggy. Everyday i'm on google looking for the meaning of one thing or the other when i feel somewhat unusual. This journey just comes with a lot of uncertainties coupled with the fact that i had one miscarriage and i never knew what caused it so i just pray one day my lo is delievered to me safely. I hope u feel much better soon and can start to eat what u like, heard that happens in the 2nd trimester sha. Plenty hugs for you kiss kiss. Oya coman do our cappo ooo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2017
Lol cheesy you no lie ooo my sister yesterday I was God but d gist I hear be say pregnancy dey sweet but all dese package wey follow no be Shere Shere oooo [color=#006600][/color]
spiceeamiee:
Good morning everyone. I just want to rant this morning. Why did people who were pregnant before us made this pregnancy thing look like a walk in the park? Why did they make it look like the best thing since sliced bread?? How come nobody has ever told me pregnancy is hard?? How come all they are saying is enjoy it and enjoy the changes it brings? I am not complaining, far from it but we should be willing to say things exactly as they are and call a spade a spade. Pregnancy is hard!! It is the hardest work ever and it doesn't just stop once you put to bed, in fact that is when the real hard work starts. MS is no fun. Weight gain does not make you happy. Swollen feet, swollen breasts and back pain do not give any one joy(at least not me). Not being able to keep food down and being on an emotional roller coaster every day is tiring. Thank God for NL Preggy thread. This is the only place I can vent because if you say this to people outside, they hush you. They try to make you feel like you are not woman enough for complaining. They tell you other people have gone through it and you are not the first so kini big deal? This culture of silence is why a lot of women suffer from Post natal depression. All they just need is someone to talk to and they will be relieved but nobody wants to listen. Every one hushes you up and shuts you down. I just want to be able to tell someone how I feel because I'm getting tired of being a pregnant super woman. Thank you all for reading.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mzezkay:

Goodday house grin
Welcome to team april dear,may your pregnancy ride be easy and smooth, hope it has been wonderful? Our cappo Giddyperson will include your name in our list.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
good evening mamas, so I see today looks like d official ranting day. lolz!!! if there's anything I'm more afraid of than death in this life is pregnancy because of how much I suffer during pregnancy. little wonder my body only gets pregnant at 3yrs interval. I've had 2 kids b4 n both pregnancies were tough that on some days I had to b admitted because they weren't sure if I was going to survive the next minute. u shld all see how I was crying like someone died d day I found out I'm carrying my third baby, it took me months to come to acceptance that d baby is here to stay. with both previous pregnancies I could begin to manage to keep small food down at 5months onward but with this baby I've not been able to even work up an appetite to eat more than once in a day somedays I don't even eat at all. I'm 35weeks +1day today and I tell u, it's been one of the hardest season of my life. at a point my gynae encouraged me to jus try anything jus to put something in my tummy. even if na ice cream o, cake o, whatever. later I started taking malt and milk mixture daily jus to b able to survive. that's been d only thing I've been able to take for sometime now. but wen person see my dem go think say i dey eat but dem no sabi say na God's grace dey keep us alive. it's even a miracle to me that my baby is measuring and weighing way ahead of her age by 2weeks. sometimes my only consolation is that God's gat my back. make we look to d bright side of life that wen we see our babies, it'll all b worth d stress.

jazzyjazz, Pele dear make d Lord strengthen you and grant your dad eternal rest. pls cry if u feel like, it releases pent up emotions and u'll feel better soon. my luv to ilan.

#team February how una dey? me dey waddle like penguin now o. I finally went to d market last Saturday and did all my shopping. hospital bag is packed and set to go. as e b so, i fit port to #team january o.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chanbaby:
My sisters it's well with us. Pregnancy can be a walk in the park for some people and the opposite for others. For me I didn't experience morning sickness. I told my mum I was pregnant when I was already 4months gone cos I didn't look it and she was surprise I don't spit or vomit she was even more surprised to see me taking my prenatal drugs cos she couldn't cos of sickness she said she just throws it into a gutter on her way from the hospital and leave just one of each in case my dad ask her. I only started have heartburn at 18weeks and I could manage the discomfort. With pregnancy my DH always chase me about for sex cos I was glowing according to him. So for pregnancy no two women are the same and so women that had it smooth wouldn't be able to relate with what others are going through.

I tell you, teamie. For me, it's easier than a walk in the park. No MS, fever, headache, craving, or being ravenous. Nothing. Only weird thing I experienced was that pubic area heaviness and swollen feet at 28-30weeks which I complained about.

Infact I lovve being pregnant. I have become more stylish with clothing my beautiful bump. The favours this pregnancy gives me ehnn, I'm soo going to miss. I was going to ask here if there's anything like pre-partum depression before I found this discussion on-going. I caught myself being a little upset today, because I suddenly realised that I'm close to my EDD. Weird! But it happened. For a split second, it seemed like I want to be pregnant forever.

Marketers give me great discounts "for baby". Fellow bus passengers relocate to worse seats for me, mama twins. Chopable items come from every angle. The other day I went for a job verification exercise at 2pm, when others on the long queue claimed they went as early as 7am, and I was asked into the office immediately. The affection that people show me is just overwhelming and I'm not sure of how I'm going to continue with the usual world after pregnancy. Not to speak of the dreaded vigilante every mama keeps talking about.

So no, some of us might not relate fully with what some mamas are experiencing, but personally, I'd never just barge in and cast aspersions or shun what people say they feel - for the mere truth that I'm not them and acknowledge that I cannot always be in the know...
Be it claims of having a difficult pregnancy, wanting an elective CS, chasing a SIL out of the house or even slapping DH, I always try to be sensitive and open minded about everything...So help us, God.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by simplyglow: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good evening mamas
I''ve been following this thread silently for some time and today I have finally decided to join this wonderful family, I have learnt so much from our Sabi mamas here as a first-time mum kiss
I''ll like to identify with my teamies
EDD is march 12
Gender is XY

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatweenz: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chanbaby:

Congratulations to u mama. Are u a first time mum? No tear wow! I connect to this ur testimony of no tear. What did ur baby weigh at birth? Thank God for ur life.

Yes oo I am n LO weight was 3.3. Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
simplyglow:
Good evening mamas
I''ve been following this thread silently for some time and today I have finally decided to join this wonderful family, I have learnt so much from our Sabi mamas here as a first-time mum kiss
EDD is march 12
Gender is XY
Oww u are welcome... Am a march mama...oda teamies will identify with u...our capo is MIA for now but I will note ur edd shd incase...u re moSt welcome

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
simplyglow:
Good evening mamas
EDD is march 12
Gender is XY
welcome dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzbee: 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
My fellow waddling mama's I hail o.i hope am welcome here, pregnancy is indeed a journey. 11weekd gone and I must confess it hasn't been easy and to think it's my second. The morning sickness na die, back pain nko, story for another day. Please mama's what can I use for the back pain, it's really disturbing me, can't seem to get enough sleep as a result of this.
Team August. Abeg my mates make una signify so I know I am not alone.
May we all carry to term IJN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by simplyglow: 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Oww u are welcome... Am a march mama...oda teamies will identify with u...our capo is MIA for now but I will note ur edd shd incase...u re moSt welcome

Thanks a lot, hope our cappo returns soon

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by simplyglow: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
realdentist:
welcome dear

Thanks wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yesitsme:
Amem ooo. Have u started buying baby things? I have those I got for previous baby but will buy hospital things next month
Hmmmm, i keep procrastinating ooo but I pray by next month i will have gotten all my hospital stuff as for baby things, almost all except toiletries.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
enque:
Hey sis....
I'm still here...I de shuttle both threads na grin

how's d ministry moving?? Pele dear!

Ok o, i undstand dat its nt easy. We are fyn n still waiting nah. Kisses 2 ur princess
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
See as fear grip me when I dey see sorry for your loss, it is well with all of us in Jesus name..

I don't know what is wrong with me, woke up this morning feeling so so weak I could barely move, had to go to the hospital and was given drip and injection. I Cant even explain it and I'm so scared embarassed couldn't even talk in the morning and was just shedding tears, my legs are just weak and aching..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 10:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
enque:
I use Lansinoh double electric breast pump...
Got it for 39k December last year.

If u can afford it n ur interested, let me know so I'll give u d distributor's contact.

Meanwhile...pls can u share d story about what happened with the formula. I'm curious.
Pele dear!

P.s - have u tried taking fenugreek? It helps in boosting milk supply. Tried it a while bk n there was an improvement.
I have a contact for that too if ur interested

I hav gotten breast pump immediately I posted my message this afternoon rush down to the market and get one. Still my breast milk isn't coming out at all plz I am interested in d fenugreek is It a tablet. Or what?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
enque:
I use Lansinoh double electric breast pump...
Got it for 39k December last year.

If u can afford it n ur interested, let me know so I'll give u d distributor's contact.

Meanwhile...pls can u share d story about what happened with the formula. I'm curious.
Pele dear!

P.s - have u tried taking fenugreek? It helps in boosting milk supply. Tried it a while bk n there was an improvement.
I have a contact for that too if ur interested

well after I did emergency CS last month I am not lactating well,my baby keeps Crying so I thought Of what I could give her. I went to a very big store where they sell imported food I bought Aptamil so to help her not to reduce in size with d little breast she sucks,rushed her To the hospital 4days ago up till now we are still there doctor said the formular is good while abroad cos of there weather not here in nija,after a lot of test.so. I got Nan today and she has been doing well temperature recuce from 39OC to normal my people. Una no see me so. cry baby has been sleeping well compare to before she cried so loud while we mop her with cold water To bring Down her Temperature.all thanks to God
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
prettmum:
Thanks my able Cappo..
please do roll call too most of our teammates is MIA
Ladivva my Edd mate how your side? e Don tey

Been weeping, lost my son as a result of IC. I actually had a rescue cerclage but it was too late so I had premature labour, he died two hours after delivery. It's well.
CC Giddyperson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mamas that have had a cerclage and carried to term please at what week did you get it? were you placed on strict bed rest? I'm in my finals in the Uni and want to know if I should hold on till am done or carry on and get a preventive cerclage.
CC all the mamas that know about cerclage, please don't read and pass coz I'm so heartbroken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
LaDivva:

Been weeping, lost my son as a result of IC. I actually had a rescue cerclage but it was too late so I had premature labour, he died two hours after delivery. It's well.
CC Giddyperson

sorry for the love teamie, so unfortunate. May God give you double for your loss and give the grace to carry to term in Jesus Name

just look unto Him, He is the author and the finisher of our faith, He who knows the ending right from the beginning.

May God comfort you and your DH and make you conceive so easily and when you least expected. He will surely surprise you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.