Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125478 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by poshestmina(f): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
cc LadyMayor .come in here and ask your questions.i know you'll find answers here .welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMayor(f): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
poshestmina:
cc LadyMayor .come in here and ask your questions.i know you'll find answers here .welcome

Thank you @poshestmina I didn't even think of it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by poshestmina(f): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
LadyMayor:

Thank you @poshestmina I didn't even think of it
Welcome ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMayor(f): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Old and New Mums in the house,

My questions may have been raised here before but please kindly indulge me. I have just relocated to Lagos with my husband and need to register at a hospital for antenatal care and to have my baby. No friends yet to ask questions so decided to join NL hoping the good mummies on here can help me out.

So here are my questions... please answer me as much as you can I beg of you. I want these to guide my choice of hospital and to help me be prepared. Thank you so much in advance!

How much does it cost roughly to have a baby in general/ private hospitals?
Is it all hospitals that will give me a list of things to bring in preparation for labour?
What are the items on the list?

Can't think of anything else to ask but please let me know what else I need to consider. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

He he he ...
I am a bini girl oh. But i grew up in Lagos.

No wonder..... .
Double combo of badass.. cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Sansa143:
Longest time,hope ur gud
Yea sis, I am doing great! Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
LadyMayor:

My questions may have been raised here before but please kindly indulge me. I have just relocated to Lagos with my husband and need to register at a hospital for antenatal care and to have my baby. No friends yet to ask questions so decided to join NL hoping the good mummies on here can help me out.

So here are my questions... please answer me as much as you can I beg of you. I want these to guide my choice of hospital and to help me be prepared. Thank you so much in advance!

Is it all hospitals that will give me a list of things to bring in preparation for labour?

Can't think of anything else to ask but please let me know what else I need to consider. Thank you
Welcome aboard, maybe you can state what area of Lagos you reside so that mamas living around there can recommend hospitals there and their prices
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
LadyMayor:

I used private under a HMO but d bill was abt 270k ( I had a CS). I peeped d total bill while I was signing cos I wanted t know wat they charged d HMO

Most hospitals will give u a list...cos I dunno of any hospital DT dsnt gv a list. The list varies wt each hospital. Send me a pm n I'll share my list wt u so u hv an idea of wat it looks like.

Can't think of anything else to ask but please let me know what else I need to consider.

For me proximity of hospital is very important incase of incasity

Thank you

See my answers in bolded

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
beyedew:

Noooo, its actually good, especially those crunchy juicy ones, please dear, have fun with your bones grin grin.

thank u jare.now my ministry of bone chewing can move to the permanent site

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
aghaibiam:
Too tired to pop in over the weekend.New members you are highly welcome. I got my birthday present from dh ,tickets to go watch kong ! The film was worth it sha ! A lil bit scary and was clawing at dh's arms all through the scary parts. I got to eat some coconut rice at Jevinik's.We came home in the evening tired.Sunday was cool,went for mass no mother's day celebration till april. I managed to pound yam shocked And we ate with white soup.I had to sit down to pound sha ! I have entered week 15 and plan to see my gynea nextweek after which I will now register for ante natal.I am so happy ! I will be going off duphaston next week.chai ! My pocket is bleeding.
All in all I thank God.It's my prayer that this week will favor us,our husbands will be lifted,fortune will smile on us,our children writing exams will write well,our parents will not fall sick in Jesus name.More sales for the business women amongst us.
#TeamSeptemberTeamGidigba !
#TeamNoShakingDeliverLikeHebrewWoman
#TeamNoBreakingInNoBreakingOut.
Waoh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you pound yam?you try oohh. wedon.you no even send my own

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SomebodysMum: 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
wholesomegrace:
@ somebodysMum, CONGRATS SIS, if God blesses you with 10, may the miracle be continuous in Jesus name. You are welcome

Thanks sis and BIG amen to your prayer, I no want 10 sha ooo. grin

Please does anyone know anything about St Luke Hospital Sabo, Yaba? I'd love some heads up o.
@sayoddy when I did a NL search for this hospital, I found your question. Did you finally use this place? Any pointers? Thanks!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmytee31: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Amen!
Pweetiebabe:
#PRAYER MONDAY#

Our heavenly father we thank and appreciate you for all the loving and beautiful family represented here, we honour you on behalf of our husbands,babies,works,life and pregnancies, accept our praise in Jesus name.
Daddy we are here this evening as a family, we come against every power of stillbirth, threatened abortion, miscarriages in Jesus name. Lord we pray you put us and our Lo's under your shield and cover us with you banner in Jesus name. To your glory of God we will deliver with ease to normal, glorious children in Jesus name, we pray our body will be strong to labour wen its time in Jesus. We come against every premature labour,dilation and contraction in Jesus name. We shall not cast our fruit young in Jesus name,we also shall not record any form of maternal death in Jesus name.

Abba Father we commit our TTC sisters onto ur hand surprise and give them testimonies in Jesus name,visit their homes and let there be tears of joy in Jesus name.

Lord strength us and let the flood gate of heaven be open unto us in Jesus name. To all team October mamas the lord shall complete that he has started in our life and homes in Jesus name.AMEN

#TEAMOCTOBERFORNOLOSS##TEAMOCTOBERFORSUPERNATURALCHILDBIRTH#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
LadyMayor:

Even GH now charge almost 100k for CS if not more than cos in 2012 it was 75k, a friend paid 250k to do this in a private hospital and in 2015 when I had VD, it was around 30k.
Once you register you will be given a list. Each hospital have specific items on their list so wait for your hospital's list.
Have you started using your folic acid? You don't need to register for antenatal to do that.
Eat lots of veggies.
Avoid pineapples and unripe pawpaw.
Meanwhile identify with your teamies and see how easy it is to make friends on here grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMayor(f): 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
zaynie:

Even GH now charge almost 100k for CS if not more than cos in 2012 it was 75k, a friend paid 250k to do this in a private hospital and in 2015 when I had VD, it was around 30k.
Once you register you will be given a list. Each hospital have specific items on their list so wait for your hospital's list.
Have you started using your folic acid? You don't need to register for antenatal to do that.
Eat lots of veggies.
Avoid pineapples and unripe pawpaw.
Meanwhile identify with your teamies and see how easy it is to make friends on here grin

The last line of your message made me smile smiley Thank you Zaynie. Yeah, I've started taking folic acid. The prices are def higher than the average costs down south. Thanks for sharing. This is my first. Thanks for the tip about the list. I guess that's the first step sha- registering. Trying to eat well too. Already in early second trimester. Such a relief to find a platform like this honestly!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMayor(f): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
enque:

See my answers in bolded

Thanks much. I will send you a pm once I can figure it out. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMayor(f): 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
Giddyperson:

Welcome aboard, maybe you can state what area of Lagos you reside so that mamas living around there can recommend hospitals there and their prices

Thanks Giddyperson. We are around Chevron (Lekki-Epe expressway)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Giddyperson:

I think I read where someone answered your question, nothing wrong with bone, way better than sand cheesy

lols.. I sight you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gr8fulHeart(f): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2017
^^ Nawa o. Thanks so much for that info @Gr8fulHeart . I have sent the link to some mothers on my WhatsApp. I use to think palm oil is for neutralizing the poison. Didn't know its used to try and make the child vomit out the poison. If this is the case, then like the doctor advised, milk (lots of it) can do the neutralizing and work better to counter poison effect. Milk ordinarily neutralizes drugs. And yes, plenty of water will dilute the harmful substance. What a waste of life. May he RIP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 9:50am On Mar 28, 2017
It's bump Tuesday,i manage to snap dis in my hostel room now.this is us at 34weeks nd 4days..no mind my small bump ooh grin
Cc Cappo Naomi14

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2017
Did u just say 34weeks shocked shocked shocked
Rhemy2013:
It's bump Tuesday,i manage to snap dis in my hostel room now.this is us at 34weeks nd 4days..no mind my small bump ooh grin
Cc Cappo Naomi14

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Cc Cappo Naomi14
Iyam Jealousy your bump... very portable...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2017
LadyMayor:

Thanks Giddyperson. We are around Chevron (Lekki-Epe expressway)

QueensWay hospital at ikota firstgate is very good.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Did u just say 34weeks shocked shocked shocked

Lol yes ooh,d last scan I did said my baby is measuring ahead of his age dat am 36weeks..he even ask if we have obesity in my family cusz he weigh more dan his age Nd I was like whaaat I hope u not deceiving me oooh..y will baby be obese with small bump grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Benignasweety:
Iyam Jealousy your bump... very portable...

Tanks darling kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2017
Well done Rhemy for opening the floor......
Oya o.... Bumpers make una come out and flaunt what your husby gave ya grin

I wonder who the next BumpQueen will be.... cool

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2017
Hello maamas, how una dey?
Team #June are we getting ready?
I dont get to sleep anymore, turning in bed is wahala. I waddle like a duck.
Heaviness is massive! Just poped in to say hi, I never still get browsing phone o.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2017
@Rhemy2013 nice bump.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 10:23am On Mar 28, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Cc Cappo Naomi14

Wow 34weeks! Beautiful. I pray my own will be small and portable like this at 34 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hyphee(f): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Cc Cappo Naomi14

Wow shocked I'm so loving your bump teamie, I'm 34 weeks too but my bump big o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wholesomegrace: 10:48am On Mar 28, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:
http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2017/03/stop-giving-palm-oil-to-induce-vomiting.html?m=1

came across dis and tot to share' may God help. us ohh

I came across a post on "ask the pediatrician" about a mum who gave palm oil to her son who drank bleach that was poured inside table water container to induce vomiting. The boy aspirated the palm oil, his lungs was affected and he was unable to breath well. The 2 year old boy died as a result of this.

Lesson: don't put harmful substance in bottles that look harmless
Keep drugs, insecticdes, kerosine, petrol and so on..... as long as they can harm if consumed far way from babies and toddlers
I would say we should be careful with the oil, make sure it goes the right way and it shd be in small quantity, Infact ATP said don't give, but rush such to the nearest hospital.

May we not have cause to mourn over our lo's in Jesus name. That post made me really sad

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:55am On Mar 28, 2017
zaynie:
Well done Rhem..y for opening the floor......
Oya o.... Bumpers make una come out and flaunt what your husby gave ya grin

I wonder who the next BumpQueen will be.... cool

Iya atinuke is back kiss kiss kiss kiss

Pls restore the fun and vibrancy in this thread again

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.