Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150635 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2997) (2998) (2999) (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
Congratulations to all the April mamas that has birthed their Los, God is great. How z the vigilante going
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ranting time!!!!!!!.... Please mamas that their Los are breech how how una take know the sex, i can't understand again cos the sonographer no see mine. Secondly, is it true that if you dream of baby girl na boy u born if na boy na girl u go born.
Cc: all mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by poshestmina(f): 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
olatebony:

I am in Ibadan , I do home delivery to lag . pls WhatsApp me on 08030625817
Can you post the prices of some items ie bodysuits ,bibs ,caps(packs),socks(packs),sleep suits etc so i can compare and knw wat to do and how long does ur delivery take?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
I think my dream of having a small portable bump is gradually fading away., cryI think my dream of having a small portable bump is gradually fading away.,

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
These EBF nazis are killing me. It's like you are talking one thing and they are hearing another thing. So breastmilk is not flowing well for now and everyone is acting like it's somehow my fault that the baby has to take NAN. I don't even have energy to narrate drama, let me just use this opportunity to complete my bs.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Anyone having labour dreams grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Congrats giddyperson, sansa143, temmytee31 God bless your LO's
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olukunle5(f): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
To the glory of God we were blessed with a very beautiful girl today.

I went from a closed cervix on Friday morning to having a baby on Saturday at 10am. Baby was born vaginally with very little tear that was closed in one stitch.

I will share birth story later. My entire family is grateful for this bundle of joy. Baby was born 4 5 days early.

62 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Please do you handwash them or machine wash? All the body suits and onesies i got for my baby were carters, but they are all faded. Only the party/outing Carters i got are still looking good after repeated wash.

I hand wash my baby's carter and Gerber onesies and they are still very new. I am packing some now cos he has out grown them. Also what kind of soap do u use for them? I use detergent for the white ones and premier soap for the colored ones and they are still very ok.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Pls mama's which size of diapers can i get for newborn..size1 or size2.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Olukunle5:

I went from a closed cervix on Friday morning to having a baby on Saturday at 10am. Baby was born vaginally with very little tear that was closed in one stitch.

I will share birth story later. My entire family is grateful for this bundle of joy. Baby was born 4 5 days early.

Congrats mama,sama us ur bS shapely
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hello to all mamas in the house. Many congrats to all those whose L.Os has arrived. May God's goodness forever rest with you all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Olukunle5:

Congrats mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Rhemy2013:
How are you my lovely smiley Had ANC on 20th and was trying to find you in every face. Funny, I know .

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by poshestmina(f): 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Olukunle5:

Congrats ma.God bless ur lo ,dh and ur whole family .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YACAA(f): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Olukunle5:

We praise God; may he continue to bless you and your family members.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
eksbabe:

As regards shopping, teamie lululuv u are really gingering ooo, saw that u have almost concluded ur shopping and me i'm just here doing notin angry. So ystday i shopped for some few bodysuits/sleepsuits after i realised its quite cheaper buying them here in lagos(dont know how possible that is). I had planned to shop abroad and have it delivered here but the prices i got in lag was better of.
Bodysuit- 3k for a pack of 7
Sleepsuit-3500 for a pack of 3 and they are Uk products.
Socks-1,500 for a pack of 4&5.
Shopping continues next week sha make God bless our pockets.
Cappo Phlakkeys how ya doing? Hope body is strong been a while u updated...
E-hugs and kisses to you all

Teamie have you decided on skin product for LO? Send me a PM, don't know how dat works
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
nneejima:

Nne how are you doing now?

Much much beta. Taking one day at a time. Talking about baby sex, you still have time, baby could turn bb4 you know it. Just buy unisex fir now. Take care hun
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 12:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Rhemy2013:

Size 2, that should be about 3kg - 6kg

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 12:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Ennywealth09:
please mamas, help a FTM, i want to start buying baby things but i don't know where to start from. please i need to understand wic one is bodysuit, onesies,sleeper etc as d last born of my family. please don't pass me by.u can also help me with d list of essential things.God bless u all.

Body suits 're dose once u pin under, it can be shortsleve, longsleeve or sleeveless.
sleep suit is d overall we call pino pino, just go to d mkt de will show U all. What you should be talking about is price nd quality. For the list this would help,
Baby list - edit as you wish

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore Tips (lanolin-based is best)
Breast pad. Lansino or tommy tippe brand.

Formula feeding
Lots of bibsml
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with Tips
6 eight-ounce bottles with Tips
Bottle and Tip brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

Other necessities
Infant carseat
Baby rocker
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer

Hope we have started shopping? Don't forget to group your items so you don't miss out anything. Example:
1. Diapering - Diapers(disposable or reusable), wipes, diaper cream (vaseline, sudocream, desitin)
2. Bath time essentials - wash cloths, body wash, lotion, baby oil, hair oil, towels, bath set, alcohol i.e. methylated spirit(for umblical cord cleaning)
3. Feeding - breast feeding essentials (breast pump, breast pads, nursing bra, milk storage bottles), baby formula, bibs, bottle feeding essentials (bottles, sterilizer-microwave or electric; hot water flask)
4. Clothing - onesies (bodysuits and sleepsuits), nice clothes, hair accessories for baby girls, socks, mittens, blanket, flannels
5. Gears - Car seat, swings
6. Furniture - baby cot, beddings

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 1:03am On Apr 23, 2017
Where was I when my sis Giddyperson delivered. CONGRATS dear and God bless Giddybaby.

congrats to Olukunle5 and other mamas that have delivered.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 2:09am On Apr 23, 2017
Congratulations to all mamas that have birthed may God bless & keep the babies. To the remaining April mamas, may it be easy for you all.

Anyone still awake? Sleep has refused to come o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 2:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Olukunle5:

Congrats Teamie, God bless your lil one. Team April we are almost at the finish line, everyone is dropping it like it's hot cheesy

imurboss:
Congratulations to all mamas that have birthed may God bless & keep the babies. To the remaining April mamas, may it be easy for you all.

Anyone still awake? Sleep has refused to come o
Hi

zimunachimdi:
Where was I when my sis Giddyperson delivered. CONGRATS dear and God bless Giddybaby.

congrats to Olukunle5 and other mamas that have delivered.
Thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 2:30am On Apr 23, 2017
dharyor1234:
Now at the hospital, I was just been checked and 5cn already. The nurse gave me one injection like that, she said its for softening the cervix
Hi teamie, I'm guessing lo is here by now, waiting for the BA

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 6:25am On Apr 23, 2017
congrats to the mamas that have given birth @ giddyperson, sansa143, olukunle5 and every other mama.

may ur lo be a source of joy to ur families.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2017
eigmaticme:

BS. Birth Story
BA. Birth Announcement
DA. Dear Husband
MIA. Missing In Action
BH. Braxton Hicks. A kind of contraction
EDD. Expected Delivery Date
VE. Vaginal Examination
LO. Little One

A cerclage is a surgery done to tie up the cervix to prevent or treat cervical incompitence, usually done from 12wks upwards,painless but uncomfortable with little or no bleedinng and done under general or spinal anastesia.

Hope this helps

Wow...couldn't have guessed most of their meanings. Thanks a lot. It has helped and are well saved in my diary grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2017
Yayyyyy it's my wedding anniversary
It's been a year of love, blessings and all round goodness from God.

Make una follow me jolificate oooo
The Lord has been so good to me

74 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 23, 2017
I bought molfix size 2. That's 3kg-6kg
Rhemy2013:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jesufifunmi: 7:32am On Apr 23, 2017
Chanbaby:

I hand wash my baby's carter and Gerber onesies and they are still very new. I am packing some now cos he has out grown them. Also what kind of soap do u use for them? I use detergent for the white ones and premier soap for the colored ones and they are still very ok.
My sister, the handwashing is my problem cry lol. But will try it this time. By the way i think the baby care setting on my machine ruined them. The thing will wash with 90° water and then spin and spin for minutes. I realized late. I still love all out outing wears though. I got a lot of those for different ages.

Is Gerber product good? I saw them in walmart and they were very cheap but i felt a cereal brand doing wears will be a fail, lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Naomi14:
I bought molfix size 2. That's 3kg-6kg

Dats wot i got too buh my sis Inlaw called me yesterday asking me d size nd type i bought ,i told her molfix size2 nah so she shout on fone dat size2 is too big ooh dat am suppose to buy size1.was jst confused .Goodmorning cappo kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2017
lululuv:

Size 2, that should be about 3kg - 6kg

Thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2017
i4eva:
How are you my lovely smiley Had ANC on 20th and was trying to find you in every face. Funny, I know .

Goodmorning ma,am fine ooh am back to sch..hw is family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2997) (2998) (2999) (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.