Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8267718 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2017
zaynie:

Side eyes her.....
I can still oppress you to shift from here o.... tongue
oppressor cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
FexCathy:

Lol! @ Elmaspeed luv, yes it has happened o! I saw d divine revelation wink wink. So am happy to introduce to the house our March 2018 capo kiss

Chai.
I'll buy canvas for your baby so he will kick you very very well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
zaynie:

Pele.
It is well with you and your baby.
Eat lots of cucumbers, rest a lot (no TV, phones, guests, or going about)
Take your mind off any worries.
Your blood pressure needs to be managed before you enter the theatre.

Thanks.... I've just been told I need an emergency scan because baby seems suddenly affected...

My mother in law mocked herself and reminded God that he had forgotten to give me a second child, God stretched his mighty hands and gave me this baby, I know he can't bring me this far to abandon me...

32 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Spakuls: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
Goodday to all the mamas in the house..both waddling mamas and those that have pitnto bed..God Bless You all..
All ye mamas that are Kpekus ministers I see you...Make Baba God pick my call so I can join someday in discussing pregnancy issues..For now na to dey read and learn..

The reason for this post is that I have a baby drawer to give away (the plastic ones that comes in different colours),got it as a wedding gift but I know I won't use it as I plan on having a nursery..so any mama around Egbeda,Shasha axis..that can't afford to get one for herself should please let me know..via pm but would get it next week because I am going for Convention.
Thanks and God Bless is all.

24 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
ElmaSpeed:

Chai.
I'll buy canvas for your baby so he will kick you very very well
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kimoyo: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
@katchycouture my sis it is well. Had my last baby 35+ weeks due to hbp. Was in the hospital for a week getting steroids to develop baby lungs before the cs. I except Drs in gh to be more proactive though. My baby came out fine and didn't need an incubator. She will be 3 soon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Mama the mama!
Chop knuckle

I grab d knuckle wth both hands ojare..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erutoria: 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
Liftedhands:
Nothing tinworry about so long your baby has a heartbeat. Scan is often times inaccurate. Plus or minus two weeks you are still within a viable range! If it bothers you much go check in another center and compare.
thks sister . the scan only sees gestational sac not the heart beat, that has been my concern. But I will try another scan center. E-hugg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erutoria: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
mitche15:

Is 7 weeks based on your lmp? Its not unusual because your lmp is not the actual day you conceived/ovulated. As per being in the situation, yes i have and everything is okay. Go back in like 2 weeks for a repeat scan, i'm sure they already told you this, things will be clearer by then, fetal pole them them will be there by God's grace. Goodluck sis.
Amen. I will sister. Thk so much e-hug

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
lioha:

Blessed virgin Mary BVM

Na me be dat oh
D only thing I remember be say we do wedding and d next thing wey I see na bump o, I think say na overfeeding until dokita and scan say na pikin cheesy grin

BTW, experience mamas I'm 15weeks+2days today to d glory of Almighty God, I haven't seen LO's gender but hubby and I are convinced as to what we are expecting. My question is, when am I supposed to start buying baby things? Although, clothings and diapers can wait cos I have plans for clothes shopping also its possible gender disappoints so I will have to wait awhile for that.
What are d things I can start buying for now or do I have to kuku wait?
If I have to wait, then till wen?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=aye88 post=59294602][/quote]

My bad, sorry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
Goldenheart002:

Na me be dat oh
D only thing I remember be say we do wedding and d next thing wey I see na bump o, I think say na overfeeding until dokita and scan say na pikin cheesy grin

BTW, experience mamas I'm 15weeks+2days today to d glory of Almighty God, I haven't seen LO's gender but hubby and I are convinced as to what we are expecting. My question is, when am I supposed to start buying baby things? Although, clothings and diapers can wait cos I have plans for clothes shopping also its possible gender disappoints so I will have to wait awhile for that.

You can leave clothes for now and start buying hospital lists and other stuff .You can choose unisex colours for things like bath set,socks ,blankets etc .
Use the search bottom to get list of baby things a mama posted a while back.
Happy bumping
@ Kachycouture my prayers are with you,you've come this far and surely it will end in a mighty praise! FEAR NOT.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolubej: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
Thank you cappo Pweetiebabe for checking up. The ministry is gradually moving to the permanent site.

#Team October
# Team October for easypeasy delivery
#Team No loss
#Proud momma to be of a Beautiful Princess

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolubej: 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
Courtesy Senior Mamma AlphaHandMaiden
Sleeping:
●Crib/ cot/ cotbed /bassinet
●Mattress if not already part of the set you buy
●Beddings - i.e bedsheet
●Mosquito netting

Feeding:
●Bottles and teats
●Sterilizer - electric, microwave/ cold water with sterilizing tablets
●Bottle brush for washing
●Formular if using
●Breast pump - manual or electric
●Breast pads
●Tip. Cream - lanolin based.
●Breast feeding cover - Optional as some ladies are comfy without it.

Bathing and changing:
●Baby bath
●Small towel - doesnt need to be a baby towel many people complain they are not absorbent enough.
●Nappies - disposables or reusable - for the disposable nappies maybe 1 pack of size 1 and the rest a size 2. (allow for up to 12 nappy changes in a 24 hr period)
●Wipes - disposable or reusable - for disposable get the fragrance free type for sensitive skin.
●Body cream
●Hair cream
●Bath soap
●Nappy cream - nothing special, vaseline, ori or coconut oil work well

Carrying:
●Car seat -: i see this as an essential item.
●Baby carrier if you need one
●Rocker/ swing / bouncer - now with this i would advice get one that is newborn to toddler i.e up to 18 kg as most bouncers have a 9kg weight limit and depending on how big you baby is, may outgrow it by 6 months!. Also look for the ones that have a newborn position which is an almost flat lying setting, as some og them mainly the electrical swing types tend to have baby in a funny position, and you may not really be able to use it properly in the first few weeks until baby grows a bit. .

Clothing:
Few tips:
Babies outgrow clothes unbeliveable fast. get as many unisex items as possible so that you can have longer use in case next baby is of opposite sex.

Do not buy too many newborn items as you baby may be big and they may not even fit. 0-3 months is ideal.

Dont get sucked into buying a load of fancy dresses under 3months, your baby will live in bodysuits for the first 3 months so dont waste your money.

Shoes for newborns are also a waste of money to me. They just make them pretty, so we can buy them.. hry have absolutely no functional use!

Factor in how many times a day you would bath a baby and how often you intend to do laundry. You can always buy more if you need to.

●Vests - both longsleeved and short sleeved versions. May be 7-10 number to start

●Bodysuits/all-in-one/onsies - get the ones with integrated scratch mittens ... that way you do not start looking for mittens which always have a way of getting lost as they never seem to fit well. about 7 - 10 in number to start

●1 special outing for naming or christening if required

●Socks! Loadssssss these could also double up as mittens, as they are more elastic and they wont fall off! I would say a dozen pairs especially of they are being used on the hands as well

●Bibs... loadssssss but at least a dozen!

●Burb cloths or muslins to wipe up drool, spit ups and all sorts.
● A couple of blankets or shawls.

That is all i can think of for now. I am sure other mamas will contribute
Goldenheart002:

Na me be dat oh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Spakuls:
Goodday to all the mamas in the house..both waddling mamas and those that have pitnto bed..God Bless You all..
All ye mamas that are Kpekus ministers I see you...Make Baba God pick my call so I can join someday in discussing pregnancy issues..For now na to dey read and learn..

The reason for this post is that I have a baby drawer to give away (the plastic ones that comes in different colours),got it as a wedding gift but I know I won't use it as I plan on having a nursery..so any mama around Egbeda,Shasha axis..that can't afford to get one for herself should please let me know..via pm but would get it next week because I am going for Convention.
cc Martins4christ
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Spakuls:

Please,If no one is coming forth for this I would want too claim it for a home I volunteer for and luckily, they have a home/branch at Egbeda.
IF it wont be much stress or I can pay for the delivery charges, you can donate it to little saints orphanage.10 Ayinde Bisi Close, off Gani Animashawn, Akowonjo.
You enter from Vulcaniser bus stop stop, drive straight to Hajj Camp then ask people for the Orphanage.
God bless
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
kimoyo:
@katchycouture my sis it is well. Had my last baby 35+ weeks due to hbp. Was in the hospital for a week getting steroids to develop baby lungs before the cs. I except Drs in gh to be more proactive though. My baby came out fine and didn't need an incubator. She will be 3 soon
Very true! General Hospitals are very proactive when it comes to issues like this I'm wondering why they haven't given her the shot since knowing her status. I pray all goes well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
katchycouture:

Thanks.... I've just been told I need an emergency scan because baby seems suddenly affected...

My mother in law mocked herself and reminded God that he had forgotten to give me a second child, God stretched his mighty hands and gave me this baby, I know he can't bring me this far to abandon me...
Ask for steroids now if you haven't been given. May God make you come out victorious in Jesus blessed name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
erutoria:
thks sister . the scan only sees gestational sac not the heart beat, that has been my concern. But I will try another scan center. E-hugg
I'm sure the heartbeat is there and strong else they would have mentioned it! Worry not.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
General hospital ikorodu na slow motion. I remember one time I was sick, I got to the hospital past 7am and left around 6pm or so without seeing a doc. They will just be carrying deir big yansh up and down. Too sluggish and very rude nurses.
Na God say I no kpeme that year.
Awaiting your testimony cappo. It will surely end in praise.
Liftedhands:
Very true! General Hospitals are very proactive when it comes to issues like this I'm wondering why they haven't given her the shot since knowing her status. I pray all goes well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
General hospital ikorodu na slow motion. I remember one time I was sick, I got to the hospital past 7am and left around 6pm or so without seeing a doc. They will just be carrying deir big yansh up and down. Too sluggish and very rude nurses.
Na God say I no kpeme that year.
Awaiting your testimony cappo. It will surely end in praise.
That's bad! I pray God takes charge of the personals handling her there o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatp80(f): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
@ Giddyperson for you to order directly from oriflame, you must register first and get ur consultant number. You download dia app from playstore and you are good to go. To register is not free but d good thing is that, u will get to buy any of dia products in a discounted price, they call it consultant price.

Secondary, go for caramel foundation and nude beige if you need dia powder. They are for fair person. Chestnut is for fairly dark person.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
katchycouture:

Thanks a lot
Swthrt, I had my first child at 34weeks plus. October 6th as against due date Nov 20th. he came out perfectly sound.

Zizi due date was 27th June, he came 28th May and perfect. so yours won't be an exception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
greatp80:
@ Giddyperson for you to order directly from oriflame, you must register first and get ur consultant number. You download dia app from playstore and you are good to go. To register is not free but d good thing is that, u will get to buy any of dia products in a discounted price, they call it consultant price.

Secondary, go for caramel foundation and nude beige if you need dia powder. They are for fair person. Chestnut is for fairly dark person.
thanks for this. I tried signing up earlier but it was stressing me so I gave up. Consultant price ko ok. Is there no physical store that sells this stuff
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatp80(f): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
Giddyperson:
thanks for this. I tried signing up earlier but it was stressing me so I gave up. Consultant price ko ok. Is there no physical store that sells this stuff

It is only an already registered consultant can register you. There is no physical shop. You either order tru a registered consultant or u register and order by urself.
Those advertisement in jumia or any other online shops, i doubt dia authenticity.

Ask some people here dat uses the product how dey get dia own, dey will help you. It is very easy and doable.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Giddyperson:

I can sign you up if you're interested at getting at a consultant price. you can pm me your full name, email,phone no, dob,home/office address and i will sign u up
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
Giddyperson:

Download oriflame business app and register. Then download Oriflame Sweden and you'll see and choose what you want(free gifts attached too). But if you don't have time for the stress, you can ask someone to help you and order and you pay the person.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
katchycouture:

It is well sis. Focus your mind on seeing your baby alive,God is at work. You shall not cast your young. God will guide the Doctors to take a good decision that will keep you and your baby alive.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
erutoria:
Hello mamas in the house. Thk God for all the blessings he has given to us and ones to come. Am part of the house but I hv been far away for some time now. I have an issue which I know the house will enlightened me more, preggy for 7weeks but scan is saying 5wks and 4days....am confused has anyone be in this situation bf?

If your 7 weeks is based on your own calculation from LMP then discrepancy could be as a result of the lenght of your cycle. If your period is longer than 28 days your calculation could be off by up to a week or more.

I was advised that earliest that a decent scan will clearly show viability is 8 weeks. Anything done before that is unclear and will likely just cause unnecessary panic.

Unless there is a risk of ectopic pregnancy why do some hospitals scan women earlier than that and start doing sonographer/medic speak giving the poor woman hypertension? In a normal pregnancy your first scan should be at 12 weeks. So please i know we women can get excited once we miss out periods especially if you have been trying for a while but please wait a bit before going for your first scan after your BFP, especially if you are not having any major issues. It will save you weeks of stress and anxiety.

Erutoria, i would advise, wait at least 2 more weeks maybe even 3 weeks take your vitamins and folic acid, avoid strenous activities, rest well.
then go and redo the scan and also request for transvirginal scan as the images are clearer that early in the pregnancy.

I pray it ends well.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
katchycouture:

may God be with u and this baby ,it will be easy Insha Allah. Suma sebilah yasarau, amin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Goldenheart002:

Na me be dat oh

happy 2nd trimester teamy am 15w+ too please do you sleep on your back? Fear no free me sleep on my back oo and am not comfortable at all please sabi mamas chuk mouth for me #jjc. Com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
Zino89:
happy 2nd trimester teamy am 15w+ too please do you sleep on your back? Fear no free me sleep on my back oo and am not comfortable at all please sabi mamas chuk mouth for me #jjc. Com

@ Zino89, most doctors wld advise u sleep on your side preferably on your left side to ensure proper blood circulation... It Cld be tiring and boring sleeping on ur sides but wetin we go do.. U cld get pillows to place around u for ore comfort..

Happy bumping

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.