Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,889 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126250 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
hunniesuzie:
No squeezing or heavy action in that area till you're ready to induce labour please. Other Mamas have explained why

beautyuche:

Before i got pregnant i read post on this thread. One of the mama here said her husband would suck and carese her nipples which lead to a miscarriage. So i believe there is a connection. Also women are asked to breastfeed exclusive which help regain flat stomach because d uterus contracts. U dont want it contracting when its not ur due time for delivery.
My dear na here i dey learn from great mama experience so if u can pls try and avoid it.

Roseey0:

It's connected
I remember mamas here once deliberated on it.
Sucking it especially causes the uterus to contract.Thats how exclusive breastfeeding helps women recover their flat tumy.
wow, I'm particularly surprised to hear this. Like touching boobs affects the womb.. Our body is such a mystery..

Thanks a lot for the insight..and thanks to God that I asked. tongue I thought I could ignore cos it didn't come with pain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nimi22:

Yes i remember we talked about it sometimes ago. Pls let hubby leave that area for now. It happened to me untill mamas told me if I'm not ready to induce labour. Every time he touches or sucks my nipples my womb contracts.
thanks a lot.. now I know better. I only wonder why I'm just feeling it now, since this is not the first time, he will touch me there since being pregnant..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
booqee:
thanks a lot.. now I know better. I only wonder why I'm just feeling it now, since this is not the first time, he will touch me there since being pregnant..

My dear i didn't even experience mine until around 20 something weeks and to say that's the only thing i enjoy about kpekus. So biko bear, before you know it February is here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
booqee:
Pls I need u guys to shed some light on this,

My hubby caressed my boob, and I felt like my womb contracted..though lightly and not painful.
Although I'm not entirely certain it's my womb contracting, or my my baby taking its first kick lol.. Since i'm just 4month..and I don't know how the kicks should feel

Again, he tried it, and I felt it again..whether hand or mouth, but this time it felt more like a nudge and more pronounced. Its not painful but it's not a comfortable feeling at all..

What's the connection with breast and womb here.. Should we exclude boobs in kpekus matter to avoid stories that touch? Or no, it doesn't mean? Like is normal and nothing to worry about? What's going on?

handling or sucking the breast releases oxytocin, which contracts the womb. Thats the connection. It's even a natural way of inducing labour.
I wouldnt say you should stop it entirely, but it should be very light handling. Pls forget sucking for now. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
zaynie:

The baby is pushing you..... cheesy
The head is getting engaged, so you're definitely some weeks away from the real deal.
Have you packed your bags? angry
Eminya, you nko?

Feeling so relieved, picked up courage last night and packed my bag. Now I feel so ready

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
LholarB:
Happy Sunday my darling Mamas. Plz I have some questions about the Best Brands when it comes to Baby accessories, clothings etc cos am confused on which Brand to buy and what not to buy, dunno if these questions have been overflogged here ( you can refer me to the page to Check on this thread if they have been answered but not seen any tho).

I have also seen some products with their reviews online but am still confused ( you know you can't trust this online things atimes) , dats why I need answers personally from experienced mamas here so I can combine with the the ones I got from some few experienced mamas at my clinic( just so am on the right track) .

1. Best brand of car seat/ stroller to buy... ( is the stroller necessary here in Nigeria as per the hustle and Bustle).

2.which is better: Huggies or Molfix.

3. Best Brand of reusable diapers (quantity to buy).

4. Best Brand of Breast pad to buy

5. Best Brand of Baby oil, lotion and powder to buy ( johnsons had a bad review of recent so am kinda confused )

6. Best Brand of Feeding bottles, flask , Breast pump and sterilizer(or I just strerilze the old fashion way)

7. Best brand of clothings( sleep suits, jumpsuits, shawls, socks, moccasins etc) or can I just buy randomly if they look nice

8. Do I need to wash all the new clothings before use ?

9. Best brand of Baby walker and rocker/swing( asides mamaroo).

10. Best brand of maternity Bra ( am on the busty side )

11. Best brand of Baby cot, playard or Bassinet.

12. Best brand of Baby bath plastics ( can I just buy randomly too)

From a concerned FTM, plz don't jump and pass... Thank you in advance!

Theres no best anything. Money determines what you get and also what was the bomb for A, may be trash to B.
That aside,
1. I use evergreen but i see graco is better, comparing mine with a friend of mine.
2. Huggies(d one in transparent nylon dat comes in a carton) anytime anyday but na money kill am
3.no idea
4. I have only used avent.
5. Theres no best here o, i hv used johnson and doremi. Many mums swear by chicco.
6. Buy randomly but feel the quality. I like Georges and Earlydays anytime anyday.
7.feeding bottles: no idea though i hv always had avent but i think its your lo dat will finally make her preference.
Sterilizer: i have avent electric dat i have used just once, if i'm to advise i will say go with d manual old fashion way if electricity isnt regular.
Flask: Gint stainless will give u value for your money
Breastpump: no idea.
8. I dont but many here do so the choice is yours.
9. Fisher price, graco are good.
10. No idea
11. I use baby start but graco is a good brand.
12. No idea. Either buy the locally made one or the fanciful foreign ones.
Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HolySteph(f): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
LholarB:
Happy Sunday my darling Mamas. Plz I have some questions about the Best Brands when it comes to Baby accessories, clothings etc cos am confused on which Brand to buy and what not to buy, dunno if these questions have been overflogged here ( you can refer me to the page to Check on this thread if they have been answered but not seen any tho).

I have also seen some products with their reviews online but am still confused ( you know you can't trust this online things atimes) , dats why I need answers personally from experienced mamas here so I can combine with the the ones I got from some few experienced mamas at my clinic( just so am on the right track) .

1. Best brand of car seat/ stroller to buy... ( is the stroller necessary here in Nigeria as per the hustle and Bustle).

5. Best Brand of Baby oil, lotion and powder to buy ( johnsons had a bad review of recent so am kinda confused )

6. Best Brand of Feeding bottles, flask , Breast pump and sterilizer(or I just strerilze the old fashion way)

7. Best brand of clothings( sleep suits, jumpsuits, shawls, socks, moccasins etc) or can I just buy randomly if they look nice

Ah Thank God. You're a God sent. These are the exact questions I needed to ask. Please quote me when your questions are answered.

But my P is that I stay in ph and I have no idea where I can get these things cheap in ph and not aba. Plzzzzz o PH mamas come to a mom to be rescue. Pls if there's referrals, pls send me a mail. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
booqee:
Pls I need u guys to shed some light on this,

My hubby caressed my boob, and I felt like my womb contracted..though lightly and not painful.
Although I'm not entirely certain it's my womb contracting, or my my baby taking its first kick lol.. Since i'm just 4month..and I don't know how the kicks should feel

Again, he tried it, and I felt it again..whether hand or mouth, but this time it felt more like a nudge and more pronounced. Its not painful but it's not a comfortable feeling at all..

What's the connection with breast and womb here.. Should we exclude boobs in kpekus matter to avoid stories that touch? Or no, it doesn't mean? Like is normal and nothing to worry about? What's going on?
mogbe! so breast and womb get connection dh doesn't allow my Boob to rest ooo and sucking de take me to cloud nine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
proudmom38:

Gint and Haers are good brand.
Thanks ma.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
The 1.8L flask I bought is so good(not stainless), I was first given Emel product i put hot water @ night by d next morning d water was as cold as dog nose den I returned it and was given Golden angel(Romeo&Juliet) product, I put hot water and after 3days d water was still as hot as fire....
Thanks ma,know what to look for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
My view

- Graco car set

- If you can get original huggies, it's good but I used molfix before I noticed the reduction in quality.

- Dunno

- I use Avent washable breastpad

- I use Aveeno wash and lotion, ASDA conditioner, boots oil & powder, Ammens powder, and they are cool.

- I use Avent bottles, Emel flask(very bad) I sterilize the old fashion way. I got Nuby sterilizer but haven't used it yet, heard it is good though.

- sleepsuits (George), Bodysuits vests Carter(bought from zaynie, very good quality she has) socks (carter) shawl (bamboo). you can buy randomly, if they of good quality and nice.

- yes, please wash them. I did!

- I use fisher price

- Mothercare

- Graco

- I bought the Nigeria type but I heard fisher price tub is good.

HTH

LholarB:

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Modified: see responses in red below.

Cc LholarB, HolySteph

LholarB:

Best is dependent on what you can afford. Also more expensive does not mean better quality or better performing.

The need for a stroller is debateable as someone mentioned if you live in a gated estate it may be good for strolls, also may be useful if you travel a good light weight one is a nice to have/ essential item.
Additionally if you get the set that comes with a flat laying pram attachment.... it doubles up as a bed in the house/ rocker. Ditch the moses basket and Park it in the living room and baby can use it for naps. You can easily release the brakes and move back and forth to rock baby.

For car seat along with other brands that others have added, maxi cosi and mothercare do a good group 0 car seat. If you will be carrying it about. Ensure to check the weight without baby oh carrying 7kg carseat + 9kg baby is no joke!

You may also want to think of a baby carrier. Its a nice to have. I also use mine to carry baby when in a car and dont have a car seat like when on holidays and stuff. Basically strap on baby and use seatbelt on both of you. Just make sure the seatbet is not on baby's neck. So you may have to hold it out of the way.

Not sure i can help on this one. I would advise by a small qyantity from a reliable source and test to make sure no reactions before buying any bulk items

Depends as well, for the same number of people that love one brand, you have an equal number singing the praises of another. So you may have to dabble a bit on this.
There are a few UK and US brands you can google up. However I am launching my own range by the end of the year, so i will keep you posted on progress. Frantic background work ongoing! grin

Avent disposbles is good. But i mostly ised lansinoh disposables, and boots washables ( usually when at home)

I used avent bottles and medela bottles.
Also use medela electric breast pump.
For sterilizer i used the cold water sterilisation with Milton tablets. For the staining as some have mentioned.... this is usually in silicone based products so ensure you only sterilise such products for the stipulated 15 minutes. If you leave it in the fluid over night the colour will change.
No reason why you cant pop the items you need to sterilise in boiling pot of water for 5 mins.

Also depends. You may forget quality when you see fine designs. I try to go for quality of fabric rather than design, also some shops have larger cuts than others for example next and tesco clothes are larger than say marks and spencers. So they will last longer.
Also for the first 3 months or even 6, try and keep clothes unisex.

Yes this is recommended

Fischer price infant/baby to toddler rocker
Tinylove infant to baby rocker
Rocker roo.

From one busty girl to another.... I used hot milk, panache, freya, and marks and spencer all had their pros ans cons, you factor in shape, also the outfit you are wearing, if you need to sleep in them ( some are more comfy than others for night time)
but go to www.figleaves.com and check their maternity/nursing section to have an idea of good brands.
For maternity bras.. getting fitted now is fine but I will advise getting fitted AFTER you give birth for a nursing bra. Your bump seriously distorts the measurements
Also DO NOT get an underwired bra especially when pregnant. It is not funny! ( you wont know when you will remove bra in the middle of a crowded bus to ease discomfort!) Many good brands have fantastically supporting bras without underwires the bands are usually thicker for this reason.

Finally get one a cup size bigger this is to allow engorgement. So if you are measured as a G cup, get at least a H or HH cup. (Come back, testify and thank me later! grin )

Not sure on this but i have read the play/travel cot is a good versatile option

In all honesty , if you bath a baby like a typical nigeran, all you need is a bucket, a small bowl, a good study stool at a descent height and maybe an anti-slip bath mat. You wont really use a baby bath like that till baby can sit up properly - maybe about 9 months. So it is up to you.

Its all plastic, some are just nicer looking than the others

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Legendsmother Biko coke and complete that gist oooooo
I don refresh tire angry
Dont mind her, after she promised me. angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by legendsmother(f): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
Giddyperson:
Dont mind her, after she promised me. angry

Done!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
Rhemy2013:

Welcome ke,hmmm Cappo I dodge am..I will do d urine test tomorrow morning to no hw far as nah early morning piss good past wink..
@Prettyhurts see wetin kunu Aya cause o shocked sad

Innocentia like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
legendsmother:

Done!
Lmao, better don't come and tell us it was all a dream
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Zino89:
mogbe! so breast and womb get connection dh doesn't allow my Boob to rest ooo and sucking de take me to cloud nine

See them!!!!! Spoilt children e ooooo������ LOL
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by legendsmother(f): 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

Hahahhaha hell no! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

This kind suspense fit kill person

Cc legendsmother you fine o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by legendsmother(f): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
jazzyjazz:

This kind suspense fit kill person

Cc legendsmother you fine o

Hehehehehhehehe kiss kiss hehehehe thanks dear kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
Naomi14:

- sleepsuits (George), Bodysuits vests Carter(bought from zaynie, very good quality she has) socks (carter) shawl (bamboo). you can buy randomly, if they of good quality and nice.

HTH

Yes, I do have quality and beautiful baby wears including flannels and blankets.

Here are some ....

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
nneejima:

Mmmmmhh.... So after all the promises zizi gave my daughter even dey carry her for front seat... So you people dey ojoro abi... I dey come
Na for Debere car sit I dey see her ooo, I didn't know she was running package with Zizi..

but as a good mother who will never want to lose sweet daughter in-laws from good homes, abeg I don share state..
Debere wan die on top her matter so ejoorr o my first son is coming to pay dowry dix weekend (no use mah princess joke with me o)
Zizi say em wifey still dey belle Kelisuzoy (I don tagbo ur moniker) take care of her o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
Rhemy2013:

See ur mouth,baby dust fall on u in davido voice wink..no worry u go be team May Cappo u hear wink
Story...
come and identify with your teamies jorhh

#children.are.gifts. from.the.Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
Rhemy2013:

Welcome ke,hmmm Cappo I dodge am..I will do d urine test tomorrow morning to no hw far as nah early morning piss good past wink..
@Prettyhurts see wetin kunu Aya cause o shocked sad
lol at kunu aya, to be candid, that thing dey work as per libido increase, looking forward to make another one
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
suremum:

Nice one. Please ma, how were u able to achieve this? Biko, help sombori.

My dear I did not do jack. I am surprised myself considering how fast it went down. My fear before the cs was that I was going to have a big post pregnancy belly.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sansa143:
When b d dedication make we come chop rice grin

Not sure yet but October or November. Will keep you posted, Zaria to jos ba nisa ai
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sissie(f): 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
LholarB:

1. Best brand of car seat/ stroller to buy... ( is the stroller necessary here in Nigeria as per the hustle and Bustle). Graco/chicco

2.which is better: Huggies or Mol-fix.

3. Best Brand of reusable diapers (quantity to buy). Alva baby/nefe's diapers by onegai (made in naija)

Shea moisture, natural nigerian (made in naija), natural, organic products are advisable if budget isn't a constraint. Or use Almond or coconut oil

6. Best Brand of Feeding bottles, flask , Breast pump and sterilizer(or I just strerilze the old fashion way) Avent/dr brown (bottles), medela (breast pump)

7. Best brand of clothings( sleep suits, jumpsuits, shawls, socks, moccasins etc) or can I just buy randomly if they look nice.

8. Do I need to wash all the new clothings before use ? Yes

9. Best brand of Baby walker and rocker/swing( asides Mamaroo) fisher price

11. Best brand of Baby cot, playard or Bassinet. Graco

12. Best brand of Baby bath plastics ( can I just buy randomly too) random

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tolexander: 1:49am On Sep 11, 2017
eigmaticme:

Naming already done. Will keep you in mind for the dedication. You go come Jos?
So you think I can't come to Jos?

My mind will be in Jos for the dedication. cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tushmom: 3:33am On Sep 11, 2017
E be like say time Don reach oo!
Contractions ti take over.. .

Couldn't sleep since yesterday.. If it turns out to be Braxton Hicks enh, ama spank this Lil cutie bumbum when she finally agrees to show her face

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 5:07am On Sep 11, 2017
Congrats peggygee n YACAA, may God bless ur LOs abundantly. Happy vigilante. Welcome back soonest, happy bumping. Happy bday in arrears to ur son Olalayo1710. Wishing him long life n prosperity. Is Imran his first name? He's my son's namesake. May God keep n bless him. Ameen. kiss kiss to him frm us. MoyosBlog123, I Wl check out d diclofenac tablet; I know I was given d injection at d hospital. 10x sis. I believe this is all jst a phase, it wl surely pass. E-hugs n kiss kiss kiss smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:03am On Sep 11, 2017
Tushmom:
E be like say time Don reach oo!
Contractions ti take over.. .

Couldn't sleep since yesterday.. If it turns out to be Braxton Hicks enh, ama spank this Lil cutie bumbum when she finally agrees to show her face

Best of luck babes....
It's most likely the real deal kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2017
zaynie:

The baby is pushing you..... cheesy
The head is getting engaged, so you're definitely some weeks away from the real deal.
Have you packed your bags? angry
Eminya, you nko?
Maami I yaf pack ooo, abeg make dis boy dey push my a.nus with respect I almost drop a plate my cold Eba with banga soup yesterday.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.