Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8137997 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yeske: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
@beedam, in my case I added dettol to hot water then sit on the container. I allowed the heat get to the tear and ensure my skin doesn't touch water. Pele, it will soon stop, it's a matter of time. Kisses to your little one.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:15am On Feb 08, 2015
Yeske:
@beedam, in my case I added dettol to hot water then sit on the container. I allowed the heat get to the tear and ensure my skin doesn't touch water. Pele, it will soon stop, it's a matter of time. Kisses to your little one.

Most sutures used now dissolve if the water is too hot and breaks down the wound. Pls use water u can sit in(warm water) wit dettol n salt added. Helps d healing process faster

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tonneth(f): 7:01am On Feb 08, 2015
Hello my sisters in the house,am pregnant with my first now @5 weeks,have always been talking folic acid.but right now what other supplements should i take.is pregnacare ok? And. How soon should i start antenatal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2015
tonneth:
Hello my sisters in the house,am pregnant with my first now @5 weeks,have always been talking folic acid.but right now what other supplements should i take.is pregnacare ok? And. How soon should i start antenatal?
you can take ur pregnacare with calcium,then it's not too early to register for ante-natal so that the necessary test can be done...Congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 7:37am On Feb 08, 2015
@Tonneth,
Welcome,just add fersolate to the folic acid.if its pregnacare you prefer,its cool as well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:33am On Feb 08, 2015
Shebi una no wan answer me. No problem. I have reported all of una to my baby. First I asked xif der is anything I can take boost my blood. Nobody answered. I complained abt my joints even sorry una no talk. No wahala
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lana75(f): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2015
Hello beautiful mamas. I am just getting out of ds terible morning sickness. I couldn't eat, kai morning sickness there's God oo! I envy pple that don't have MS. @ Beedam congrats & say me hi to ur LO.@ caffy4bll, lala4sure, Modath, Mytestimony,Proudmum\dad & others that I can't remember their I'ds now, u guys are d bomb, I have learnt a lot from ds thread. May God bless una nyafu nyafu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Shebi una no wan answer me. No problem. I have reported all of una to my baby. First I asked xif der is anything I can take boost my blood. Nobody answered. I complained abt my joints even sorry una no talk. No wahala
aahahahahah abeg no report us o,the joints pain na evrywhere o my own started since 14wks till now,sorry dear u'll be fine just ask DH to help massage dem
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2015
Lana75:
Hello beautiful mamas. I am just getting out of ds terible morning sickness. I couldn't eat, kai morning sickness there's God oo! I envy pple that don't have MS. @ Beedam congrats & say me hi to ur LO.@ caffy4bll, lala4sure, Modath, Mytestimony,Proudmum\dad & others that I can't remember their I'ds now, u guys are d bomb, I have learnt a lot from ds thread. May God bless una nyafu nyafu

Thank God your MS has disappeared mine is still playing wayo with me but there is God. We shall all carry to full term and it will end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2015
mytestimony:

Sorry dear, you know most of us have zero experience so na sidon look we dey na grin oya experienced mamas pls help out ohh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tonneth(f): 10:50am On Feb 08, 2015
mummy2be:
you can take ur pregnacare with calcium,then it's not too early to register for ante-natal so that the necessary test can be done...Congrats
thank you dear,i appreciate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tonneth(f): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2015
modath:
@Tonneth,
Welcome,just add fersolate to the folic acid.if its pregnacare you prefer,its cool as well.
thanks for your time,but please how should the fersolate be taken?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2015
Mamas, is it really necessary to sit on hot water, salt, dettol and what have you to heal the tears? Or other extreme measures?

I'll say No. The hospital should give some drugs that will help the healing process and after that, I personally don't think these extreme measure are necessary anymore. Technology has since changed and like Kaffy said, how these wounds are sewn has also changed.

Let's recall that in our parents days, they used to clean a newborn's belly button with cloth dipped in hot water or cloth placed over a hot lantern believing this will heal the baby's wound faster but now, we know better. Once you clean the place regularly and tuck in the diapers below the belly button, the wound will heal naturally. While some clean the place with spirit, some do not and wound still gets healed at the same time averagely.

I'll say keep the tears clean and dry, wear loose fitting clothing to avoid excessive heat in the region. As usual eat a balanced diet and let nature takes it course in the healing process.

#mypersonalopinionthough

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 11:58am On Feb 08, 2015
Hello pushing and vigilante mums.
Thank God for all the good news in the house. It's been a while while I commented cos typing on my fone is such a chore. My own laziness no be here ooo. .lol though I have been following on a daily basis.
I'm 16wks gone and no 'b' talk more of bump. Is that normal?
Is my baby growing at all?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kimoni:
Mamas, is it really necessary to sit on hot water, salt, dettol and what have you to heal the tears? Or other extreme measures?

I'll say No. The hospital should give some drugs that will help the healing process and after that, I personally don't think these extreme measure are necessary anymore. Technology has since changed and like Kaffy said, how these wounds are sewn has also changed.

Let's recall that in our parents days, they used to clean a newborn's belly button with cloth dipped in hot water or cloth placed over a hot lantern believing this will heal the baby's wound faster but now, we know better. Once you clean the place regularly and tuck in the diapers below the belly button, the wound will heal naturally. While some clean the place with spirit, some do not and wound still gets healed at the same time averagely.

I'll say keep the tears clean and dry, wear loose fitting clothing to avoid excessive heat in the region. As usual eat a balanced diet and let nature takes it course in the healing process.

#mypersonalopinionthough

Doctors all over the world always recommend sitz bath(you can google it). I used sitz bath and as u said, keeping d place dry and clean. Don't listen to anybody asking u to sit on one yeye wooden stool, biko sit on couch no go suffer yasef for notin. Within a week i was fine.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
mummy2be:
Went baby shopping today,got really nice things..@beedam pele dear it is well with u and LO
Thats nice sis,pls can u post d price of d baby things u bought 4 us d learner 2 see n knw what 2 look out for? Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
mytestimony:
My sis abeg no vex,u knw say some of us na ftm we be with little or no idea...I'm having d same joints pain since last week,I dey wait till my appt day 2mor make I complain 2 my doc. Sorry dear! We shall all carry 2 term n deliver safely IJN.AMEN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lana75:
Amen o,n bless u too.Thanks 4d mention
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
goosebumps:
Hello pushing and vigilante mums.
Thank God for all the good news in the house. It's been a while while I commented cos typing on my fone is such a chore. My own laziness no be here ooo. .lol though I have been following on a daily basis.
I'm 16wks gone and no 'b' talk more of bump. Is that normal?
Is my baby growing at all?
I'm 17wks+1day 2day n my bump is not dat obvious,I think is normal.Have u started feeling ur baby's movement n ve u done any scan yet?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
mytestimony:
If I in jos is this hot then the only thing I can say to other fellow heat feeling mamas is sorry. Lol.
Where is beedam. Na vigilante mk u forget me so. I b ur friend o no forget. Smiles
Chai...you're hot in jos, this pregnancy heat no be small tin o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Mzora:
Beedam so glad to hear from you. Srzly awaiting your birth story. Sorry dear @ the tear,it wuld heal with time. Just put little salt and savlon/dettol in hot water(the one you can tolerate) den sit in it for sometime. I tink u need to do this 3 times in a day.@ all FTM's a friend told me to do my kegals a lot cos it prevents episiotomy. Wuldn't hurt to try it. You can google more for more info.
I don't think it is okay to sit in hot water.But I may be wrong sha. This is my second baby n I had a tear during the first, the nurses advised against sitting in hot water so my mum would soak a towel inside hot water with dettol only n put it there.Just the heat of d towel no water, within 3 days it healed. This is my experience, am not saying it's d only way.@ beedam come n see if it can work for you. Tanchu.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Ehya, sorry o.Baby biko no vex eh.fine fine baby. I think joints pains re part of the package o.You stay in J.town, am from there fa
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tobiaboG: 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=beedam post=30520011
I have this "heavenly tear" Lastly,how can my "tear" heal fast.[/quote]Sorry dear, in my case as advised here i use warm water wt salt & dettol. Pls dnt use hot water so dt d stiches wl nt tear. I also use ice cubes on d surface of d stiches as advised by a nurse.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mufutau55(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
beedam:
NB: Please, I will advise people to wait for God's appointed time and never try to induce labour with "castor oil" (opinion differs sha)
Lastly,how can my "tear" heal fast?

Induce labor with "Castor Oil"? Na wah for Nigeria oh!

Healing is done by time... no way around it.

What! Why am I here sef... this place na for women having baby... smiley

Congrats to the new Mama Beedam, God bless the child.

Hajji M.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hello mamas happy sunday to y'all. Pls what's recommended to use for piles while pregnant. My bom-bom is on fire sorry for tmi. Have a great week ahead
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mufutau55(m): 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
Congrats Mama Beedam.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Splendblex:

Ehya, sorry o.Baby biko no vex eh.fine fine baby. I think joints pains re part of the package o.You stay in J.town, am from there fa
R u from jos or stay in jos?
Thanks to all that answered me. But I am still beefing d experienced moms.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
proudmom38:

I'm 17wks+1day 2day n my bump is not dat obvious,I think is normal.Have u started feeling ur baby's movement n ve u done any scan yet?

@proudmum. Not feeling any movement o. Just dull menstrual like pains that come and go. Last scan was at12wks but I'm due for one this week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
Good evening buriful mamas in d ouse, abegn this my pregnancy package tire me o. Imagine! One minute, I wil be hungry like some1 who has not eaten for the past 10 years, after eating, na so belle go stand, to lie down, na wahala, sit up, na trouble, I wil become so restless, and if I no chop I no go dey alright, abeg sabi mamas wetin I fit do o, am 30 weeks. Nagode
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
cutekonkolo:
Good evening buriful mamas in d ouse, abegn this my pregnancy package tire me o. Imagine! One minute, I wil be hungry like some1 who has not eaten for the past 10 years, after eating, na so belle go stand, to lie down, na wahala, sit up, na trouble, I wil become so restless, and if I no chop I no go dey alright, abeg sabi mamas wetin I fit do o, am 30 weeks. Nagode

Lolzzzzz

You are almost out there. Your baby will soon engage(birth position)and free up your upper belly. Let's thank God for ur ability to wack.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kimoni:

Lolzzzzz

You are almost out there. Your baby will soon engage(birth position)and free up your upper belly. Let's thank God for ur ability to wack.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. May God help us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=proudmom38 post=30538290]
Thats nice sis,pls can u post d price of d baby things u bought 4 us d learner 2 see n knw what 2 look out for? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.