Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8156922 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3919) (3920) (3921) (3922) (3923) (3924) (3925) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rollykotex: 11:43am On Dec 09, 2017
beautifulrosa:

May God be with u ma. It is well with ur soul
sorry teamie, may God strengthen u, and make his grace sufficient for u. I wish u a speedy recovery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
South South mamas want me to me to flog their bonbom before they start giving us delicacies abi?

Ijaw and Bini, make una leave fracas and give us good food o.
Itsekiri
Urhobo
Esan
Etsako
Edo
Calabar
Akwaibomites
Riverians
Isoko
All the Niger Delta comman show your kitchen skills o cool

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
rollykotex:

I think she has been answered. my love to martins ma.
Ok. Been trying to share pictures of birthday pics but its not just loading.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Cutie kiss kiss kiss kiss Happy birthday love
mydeporch:

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YeyeObas5: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
LholarB:

Congrats mama,God bless you and ur prince.
Amen. Thanks MA
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tallar: 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
Happy birthday dearie... Try not to finish the cake alone and smashing of cake is not allowed cheesy cheesy

Thanks alot for your wishes and prayers mama. We feel loved already smiley

mydeporch:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rollykotex: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2017
mydeporch:

Happy birthday darling, May u grow in grace, wisdom and understanding. May u fulfill destiny and bring joy to dadddy and mummy all the days of their lives. They will not bury u In Jesus Name. I love u Martins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YeyeObas5: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
booqee:
wow such a miracle. God bless your baby.
Congrats!!
Amen. Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YeyeObas5: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
Liftedhands:
Congrats Yeyeobas5 I thank God on your behalf.

Doffing my hat for you o! Back to back November birth 2016 and 2017! Same with AwesomeGodiav November 2015 and 2016.

You mamas are the real MVP! can't imagine the stress but I know God who made it possible will surely make it easy.

My sister, it wasn't easy but God proved himself. Amen. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dammyluv911(f): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
hlo maamas its bn a while.i really.miss u all.abeg hope say all team november don drop.wishing all team december safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ok lemme open the floor for South-South today grin

BLACK SOUP (BINI/ESAN) People of Edo State Benin City.
Esan call the soup Omoebe.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups of blended bitter leaves
1 cup of Efinrin(Scent leave) -
Assorted Meat
Snail, beef, fresh fish, dryfish etc...
1 big piece of stock fish
Dried pepper(preffered)
1/2 cup of crayfish
1 1/2 cooking spoon of Palm nut cream or palm oil
Knorr cubes
Salt

PREPARATION METHOD

Boil and season your meats. If you are using organs like liver, heart and kidney, boil in a separate pot. For saki and cow leg, boil in the same pot as the meats. Remember to cook the meats with a strong tasting smoked fish variety like stock fish, smoked red prawns.
Whilst the meats are boiling, proceed to wash your bitter leaves. Once the leaves are less bitter, pour in a blender and blend till smooth. Set this aside. Another method of getting this bitter leaf done which i prefer is to pick the leaves, put in a pot with water and pottash boil. the pottash will take away the very bitter taste though not all. When its boil, bring down and wash the leaves. The leaves looks slimy when boiled so wash out everything(i normally do this under a runny tap with a sieve). Once you are through with washing, blend in a blender.
Pick the Efinrin off the stalk, rinse and blend too, then set aside
Add the blended bitter leaf and scent leave to an empty pot. Let it cook for 5 minutes then add your seasond stock, meat, assorted, snail etc in the same pot. Add your pepper, salt, seasoning, palm kernel cream or palm oil and allow everything cook together. Avoid your soup being watery so be very careful with the amount of water you put. Let the soup cook for another 5-10 minutes and serve hot with starch, Pounded yam or eba. Yummy wink

14 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Photo Credit...Google

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
mydeporch:

Happy birthday handsome. May you celebrate more birthdays in future. Make your parents and society proud, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2017
Belladsweet after blending it won't it be too bitter even after washing it? Fresh bitterleaf or the already washed one? Is the bitterleaf compulsory to be blended? Palm nut cream is it freshly processed palmoil? Don't be angry, immediately I saw the blended bitterleaf, my taste bud changed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
FloraEC:
Belladsweet after blending it won't it be too bitter even after washing it? Fresh bitterleaf or the already washed one? Is the bitterleaf compulsory to be blended? Palm nut cream is it freshly processed palmoil? Don't be angry, immediately I saw the blended bitterleaf, my taste bud changed.

Afo ukwu. Agadi tongue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
FloraEC:
You wash the bitter leaf before you blend o shocked shocked shocked you can also use the other method which is boiling it with pottash my aunty taught me that other method which i prefer and its easier. smiley

Yes freshly processed palm. Some people mix banga soup with the soup and its nice as well. You can use banga soup that have stayed for even two days. Whenever i dont have any of that, i use palm oil. But the palm oil you use will not be as much as the fresh palm kernel.

Yes you have to blend the bitterleaf and scent leaf together.

NOTE:

This soup is also good for a woman that just put to birth. Mothers from Benin always prepare this soup specially with uda and some little pepper soup ingredient to be taken with pounded yam for their daughters whenever they are coming for omugwo... grin

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
belladsweet:
Please mamas my folic acid finished 2days ago and the doctor recommended this drug. 1per day he said i should continue with this instead of folic please who have used this before? just want to make inquiry before i start using it. Thanks
Please i asked a question about a drug earlier called Microfer posted the pics too and i am yet to get and answer. Please dont read and pass...Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
FloraEC:

Our method of cooking it is boiling before blending

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VivyGift(f): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
FloraEC:

Lol... Don't use potash o thats why I stopped eating ukwa until after delivery. Boiling the bitter leaf for some minutes would ease the bitterness
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
MummyAudrey:

Our method of cooking it is boiling before blending
Yes boiling before blending is the method i am even good at which i prefer too. But one have to be careful cos of the foamy substance it brings when covered and being boiled. Sometimes my kitchen will be filled with so much green water. Someones gas or stove can even go off in the process because of the water being poured when boiling... shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
Note: I dont think this dish is recommended for pregnant women especially the ones that intend boiling the bitterleaf with pottash shocked shocked shocked wait till after deliver ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
beyedew:
[/b] Afo ukwu. Agadi tongue.
Nne m, blended bitterleaf dị somehow n'anya. Odika nsị akworiri akwori.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
VivyGift:

Lol... Don't use potash o thats why I stopped eating ukwa until after delivery. Boiling the bitter leaf for from minutes would ease the bitterness

You can use ngu for the ukwa na
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
FloraEC:

Nne m, blended bitterleaf dị somehow n'anya. Odika nsị akworiri akwori.
cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Diverse cultures with foods to match.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
belladsweet:
You wash the bitter leaf before you blend o shocked shocked shocked you can also use the other method which is boiling it with pottash my aunty taught me that other method which i prefer and its easier. smiley

Yes freshly processed palm. Some people mix banga soup with the soup and its nice as well. You can use banga soup that have stayed for even two days. Whenever i dont have any of that, i use palm oil. But the palm oil you use will not be as much as the fresh palm kernel.

Yes you have to blend the bitterleaf and scent leaf together.

NOTE:

This soup is also good for a woman that just put to birth. Mothers from Benin always prepare this soup specially with uda and some little pepper soup ingredient to be taken with pounded yam for their daughters whenever they are coming for omugwo... grin

Can I use ugu&scent leaf instead? Have never tried cooking bitterleaf with potash. The soup looks easy to cook
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
beyedew:

cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Diverse cultures with foods to match.

True my dear, never knew blended bitterleaf can be used for cooking.

South-South please na, since I dun have appetite today, lemme just lick my screen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
belladsweet:
Please mamas my folic acid finished 2days ago and the doctor recommended this drug. 1per day he said i should continue with this instead of folic please who have used this before? just want to make inquiry before i start using it. Thanks

I have used it before both this one you posted and the suspension. It contains folic acid already and other essential vitamins but the folic acid contained in it is small.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
Jina24:

I have used it before both this one you posted and the suspension. It contains folic acid already and other essential vitamins but the folic acid contained in it is small.
Ok thanks. Do you suggest i use together with folic acid since the FA in it is small or i should finish this one first?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
Happy weekend Mamas in the house..pls I like to know what I can rub on my stomach during pregnancy to prevent stretch mark. Hubby jst told me yesterday that he is seeing some small stretch mark on my tummy..I am 30 weeks already, I hope its not too late to start rubbing something now?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
FloraEC:

Can I use ugu&scent leaf instead? Have never tried cooking bitterleaf with potash. The soup looks easy to cook
You can try it though i dont know what it will taste like cos i have never tried it. There is another recipe known to Ondo people called Marugbo Soup i think if you use ugwu, that is what you will be cooking not Bini black soup again...Other mamas that have used ugwu and scent leaves will chook mouth...

By cooking with pottash not like you will cook with pottash and eat. You only boil the bitter leaf with pottash, then wash away with sieve. The pottash only helps to kill the bitter taste when boiling it will not be used for the cooking at all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Afang soup

Ingredients
Pomo
Periwinkle
Stock fish
Meat
Crayfish
Pepper
Maggi
Salt
Palm oil
Afang
Waterleaf

In my area 1 peak milk cup of afang is 150. I buy 4 cups and I buy 150 Naira worth of Waterleaf

When buying you can ask the people selling about the quantity of afang that you can use with Waterleaf. The Waterleaf should not be more than the afang.

Preparation
I have to say though, there are 2 types of afang leaves. There's the dried one and there's the fresh one. there's no difference between the two actually. Just that if you are to pound, the fresh one will be easier to deal with.

Let them going the afang for you in the market (some people don't like to do it sha) (they usually grind it in the small hand machine they use to grind crayfish) but if they refuse, you can pound it with mortar.

Wash your meat, season, and put on fire.
Wash and cut your Waterleaf
Cook your stock fish
If your using the periwinkle in the shells, cook it for 10mins. If it's the unshelled one, no need to precook

When it's done, leave small stock in the pot, put your waterleaf, let it cook for like 5mins on medium heat.
Put your crayfish, Maggi, add pepper if you like your food peppery. Put your stock fish, periwinkle and stir.

Add your afang, let it cook for 5 mins, then add your palm oil, stir, taste for salt and pepper, leave to simmer for a min or two, then bring it down and serve with any swallow of your choice

15 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
Angel2424:
Happy weekend Mamas in the house..pls I like to know what I can rub on my stomach during pregnancy to prevent stretch mark. Hubby jst told me yesterday that he is seeing some small stretch mark on my tummy..I am 30 weeks already, I hope its not too late to start rubbing something now?
I learnt original olive oil helps...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3919) (3920) (3921) (3922) (3923) (3924) (3925) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotolly22(f), Datyorubageh and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.