Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8146744 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
Biko mama's make una help o,d way I dey crave milo and milk dis days dey scare me for over 3day now,haa the devil is a liar...Biko nurse kaffy my beauriful nurse is it safe?am 31wks o hope my baby no go over big
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
JUMAYIN:
mothers in d houz...help a sister o....remember i came in here to tell u guys i went for scan and they didnt see anything then i decided nt to go again to save myself frm psycho trauma....i just decided to summon courage today(11th week) to go then to my greatest surprise i was told am 7 weeks gone instead of 11weeks...the fetal heartbeat wasnt felt...what cud be wrong o as am nt happy at all

It's unfortunate they apparently didnt give you clear information on the situation so that you know what you can expect. Returning home with so many uncertainties is not easy to digest at all.
They should have told you clearly what they observed and if the pregnancy was intact and intra-uterine. Fetal heartbeat can normally be observed from 6 - 7 weeks. Was the ultrasound performed transvaginal? Abdominal ultrasound is less sensitive so it is possible they couldnt define well how many weeks you are pregnant. It is still possible that your pregnancy is very early and in that stage the heart of your baby is still developing.
I would recommend to follow the normal health- and lifestyle advices for pregnant women. Go for a new ultrasound at 12 weeks (unless you get a bleeding in the meantime), by then, even with a abdominal ultrasound, they can clearly define the situation.
In the meantime, wish you strength in these times of uncertainties. Try to give it out of hands and care well for your body and embrace life as long as it is with you. All blessings sis!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello mama in d house,pls @ wat week will scan show baby sex?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
missmalachi:
Hello mama in d house,pls @ wat week will scan show baby sex?

In some cases already from 14 weeks but to have reasonable good chances and not waste ultrasounds I would recommend by 17 - 20 weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
@all thanks so much...@tufanja,it was done abdominally,i did scan 4 weeks ago nothing was seen,4weeks after a gestational sac n yolk sac was seen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
@ JUMAYIN
I have not seen the ultrasound nor your medical file so I cant give any prognoses but it sounds to me like it is possible that your pregnancy is still very early. So follow the general health advices: no smoking, no alcohol, careful with food that contains high levels of vitamine A (like liver), etc.

I dont know your local prenatal care system well enough but it is generally advised by the WHO for women who plan to get pregnant to take a daily dose of 0,3 mg folic acid upto 10-12 weeks of pregnancy. Folic acid supports the embryonal development. If you are 6-7 weeks now it is still worth it to take folic acid for at least 3-4 weeks. You can ask your local pharmacy, assure you have the right tablets and follow the strict instructions. If not available, just stick to healthy living and nature will go its way!

In case you take any other medication or supplements, ask your GP if this can be used safely during pregnancy. From now on you best consider yourself pregnant until the opposite is proved ;-). Sometimes, early pregnancy can develop into miscarriages, although it feels sad it is also nature's way to select embryo's that were not perfectly developed and capable to a healthy life. So trust your body and hope for the best :-)!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jess20: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
The Carter's body suits are of different sizes. From 0 - 24mos at a very reasonable price.
PM me if you are interested. I stay in Ph

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
beedam:

See them ooooo. I already know say dem go talk grin.
He is doing fine sis. Prouddad nko?
Yes o we must talk. Prouddad is fine o,he sent his greetings.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2015
@fexcathy I'm a ftm o,thanks a mil 4 sharing. But wetin dem wan use black thread do? jst thinking loud.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
JUMAYIN:
@all thanks so much...@tufanja,it was done abdominally,i did scan 4 weeks ago nothing was seen,4weeks after a gestational sac n yolk sac was seen.
Sis pls dnt dismay,God wil do d best 4u n ur baby.It is well with u!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MiracleMum(f): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
My princess arrived 9:45am today. Praise God with me, it's really the Lord's doing. Birth story later.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gocare: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
MiracleMum:
My princess arrived 9:45am today. Praise God with me, it's really the Lord's doing. Birth story later.
. Just as your name says Miracle Mum, may your Miracle be permanent and always bring you joy in Jesus name. Congrats dear. I don take front seat dey wait your birth story oooo smiley kiss LO for me o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jess20: 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
MiracleMum:

Congratulations dear. God bless your lo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:11am On Feb 25, 2015
Tufanja:

In some cases already from 14 weeks but to have reasonable good chances and not waste ultrasounds I would recommend by 17 - 20 weeks.

Thank u so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2015
MiracleMum:
Congrats, may God bless her

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 12:23am On Feb 25, 2015
beedam:

Very humble junior winku see say I no mention ur name. Love u
Thank u snr, love u loads too
Hugs n kisses to my bf
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 12:28am On Feb 25, 2015
mytestimony:
Beedam!
Beedam!!
Beedam!!!
Issorite

You see! Nt even a little sign of respect like "senior beedam" wink . Just do quick and give me birthday mate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:56am On Feb 25, 2015
MiracleMum:
Congrats mama,may God be with u n ur Lo.Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 3:58am On Feb 25, 2015
@Miraclemum,
Congratulations on the birth of ur lil Princess. Awaiting ur birth story.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 4:06am On Feb 25, 2015
MiracleMum:

Congrats dear and God bless your little one

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by alakaloko(m): 6:06am On Feb 25, 2015
asoasiko:

Wao! Congrats Sir!! It shall be permanent and we will come eat double rice for the naming.
Amen..thAnks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:38am On Feb 25, 2015
sayoberry:

Eh ehn..... So I don't become Ur junior now. Intact I son vex *turns up the radio* I say I must twerk these babies out by force

Iya ibeji,na beg I dey beg. Lower ur radio the sound dey disturb my sleep. undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:47am On Feb 25, 2015
mummy2be:
ahahahaha beedam shebi u dey make mouth now abi?no wori Dh dey come knack u another one tongue

I dodge am!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 6:47am On Feb 25, 2015
proudmom38:
@fexcathy I'm a ftm o,thanks a mil 4 sharing. But wetin dem wan use black thread do? jst thinking loud.
Lol! Dats what I also tot when I saw black thread in d list too. I think its to tie the umblical cord of d baby after its cut from the mother. Pls Nurse Kaffy is dis correct?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2015
FexCathy:

Lol! Dats what I also tot when I saw black thread in d list too. I think its to tie the umblical cord of d baby after its cut from the mother. Pls Nurse Kaffy is dis correct?

I hope it's not so. Thread to tie umbilical cord ke? In this century? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:26am On Feb 25, 2015
MiracleMum:
congrats dearie God keep and bless u both
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 7:33am On Feb 25, 2015
JUMAYIN:
@cutierrborn,sayoberry n deezou...thanks so much...what i want to know is ut normal?i saw it myself,i saw the gestational sac and a whilte dot that seem to be d yolk sac...the gestational sac is of moderate size n not big. What i want to be cleared about is that when i went at week 7 it showed an empty uterus and 4weeks after it showed d sacs....can i possibly say my lo isnt growing as he ought to or what

At 'so called 7 weeks' empty uterus
4 weeks after, so called 11 weeks, showed the sacs.
One likely reason late ovulation. Your baby is fine, stop fretting jor.
If dre was graduation within 4 weeks, then you got your dates wrong. Relax, sip vodka orange juice, put your legs up and say it is well! Nothing do you!
At 7 weeks sef you may not see anything on abdominal scan, to give urself rest of mind, o vaginal scan so you can see the baby well and the heartbeat.
Banish every negative thoughts. As long as you still have morning sickness, all is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2015
vickydankal:

Thanks Sir/Ma for your prompt reply.

What drinks do you suggest because I dread alcohol these days, but can I take small quantity?

I have cough, what drug do will prescribe?
And I see white substance during sex, what that and is it healthy.

Please no alcohol in pregnancy o, weda little or small. Let ur baby develop well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2015
mummy2be:
am new in this town,i never know dat place,how body?takia
Even me too. Na marriage carry me come warri. Was formerly based in Lagos. Pls cut down on ur milo and milk o! I also crave d same ting esp with cold water and ice cubes in it but I try my best to fight it even though its not easy. Nurse Kaffy would advise us better
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Miracle mum congratulations.

Beedam ooooooooooo. Dont just look for a pregnant woman's trouble o.
@All beedam is seriously jealous of we d pushing mamas o. U think say to do vigilante na beans abi. #Singing# some people jealous me
Some people jealous me
Some people jealous me because of my cute bump.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2015
Congratulations @miraclemum

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2015
FexCathy:

Even me too. Na marriage carry me come warri. Was formerly based in Lagos. Pls cut down on ur milo and milk o! I also crave d same ting esp with cold water and ice cubes in it but I try my best to fight it even though its not easy. Nurse Kaffy would advise us better
ok sis tnk u so much,how body?

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.