Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8153830 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) (4037) (4038) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2018
Jessie21:
Am a first-time mom. Now am 21weeks along in my pregnancy.I started feeling my baby's movement at 18weeks,just as my baby was 19weeks old the movement stopped,I didn't feel anything. I became so scared,thinking about still births and miscarriages made me melt in my fears.But thank God, as I moved close to 20weeks,my baby started kicking even stronger than he use to. Is it okay for me to keep taking milk?#team June 06/05/18 pls add me up.

Sis if you can move into a milk factory, please do so grin
Seriously though, you should keep taking milk. U need the nutrients

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2018
khaite23:

Its okay am also on folic acid alone and I take vitamin c and calcium supplement (vca, it's a Kedi product) once in a while
Thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 25, 2018
karyss:

I tink u r gud to go. I'm jux on folic for now. I hope to add fesolate to it n maybe calcium. Sorry for d late response.
Thanks. Thank you all for your response to my question God bless you all... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2018
realpearl:

Thank you so much.
I just went through your post and we seem to have a lot in common.
I agree with you on the cold water intake, that is the only thing that works for me too.
However, I've been experiencing lots of fever, catarrh of late my gynae prescribed Quinine and paracetamol, do you think these are ok?
I'm really worried.
Sorry for the late response dear. Paracetamol is safe in pregnancy with moderation though but i dont know about quinine. Careful with your drugs intake. I had catarrh for the first 2months in pregnancy i just endured it went on its own. maybe you use natural remedy instead. eg hot water, ginger and honey to treat it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2018
Thank you mamas for the likes. and those that took their time to mention(liftedhands, Amjane, floraec,kelizosuy,4realwoman,patking, belladsweet, curvilicious , tobbydy, jina24, thotianna and Rubyzz) me. Thank you all.

Remaining Jan mamas,may God make it easy for you guys. Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2018
ElmaSpeed:

Sis if you can move into a milk factory, please do so grin
Seriously though, you should keep taking milk. U need the nutrients
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omonifamily(f): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2018
ElmaSpeed:
Team march sweeties, how are we? We are six weeks away (abi na 5?)
My fellow potential porters (curve . kekeakinwale.Happychildlove. Soonest. foreverjoy00. Elmaspeed. Showerses. youngmommypat.) are our bags packed yet?

I haven't packed for the hospital yet but i will soon. Let me share my list with us.

For mom:
1. Toiletries (bathing soap, cream, toothbrush and paste)
2. Sanitary pants/ pads (4 packs)
3. Toilet rolls (4 rolls)
4. Clean wrappers
5. Night wears, maternity bras, etc
6. Rubber slippers
7. Small black cellophane bag and old newspapers (disposables aren't disposed here without pre-packaging, which makes the waste bin less yucky)

For baby:
1. Toiletries (baby costmetics of your choice)
2. Baby wears (body suits, sleep suits)
3. Olive oil, menthylated spirit, cotton wool, cotton buds, antiseptic lotions
4. Baby shawls, baby sweater, socks, caps
5. Baby cup and spoon
6. Baby diapers
7. Flask for hot water

For those who are expecting to stay in the hospital for longer than a day, like me, start making plans. Pack extra everything or at least arrange for stuff to be brought to you from home during every visit. If you're a book person, take a novel with you. Personally i plan to have plenty movies to pass the time cos it gets pretty boring from day 3.

One more thing, ensure you ask questions during your antenatal classes concerning your birth center's policies so you can avoid unpleasant situations. If they are the kind that love to hold on to your leftover cotton wool or disinfectant or stuff like that, buy small packs of those things so you can leave them there without a fuss. If they are the kind that won't supply you hot water, arrange ahead for yours. Just prepare for the hours or days after birth, so there are no surprises.

I can't wait to start seeing our baby pictures. There shall be no loss in Jesus' name. Amen.

which one be maternity bra please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2018
belladsweet:
Lol do you have a big bump too like mine? Exactly i knew it was the fibroids making it bigger. May God help us how are you doing now hope you dont have any pain again? my pain is gone just frequent urine and always struggling to turn left and right when sleeping esp at night. Not easy oo

My dear, my bump started showing seriously at 9 weeks, will post pics as soon as I can. Thank God your pain is gone. Mine comes with any little stress like standing or walking for just 10 mins. The fibroids are around my cervix, I just have to continue pelvic rest.
Frequent urine and turning around when sleeping are sure bankers, no escaping that
Its not easy but God will help us

Mandysmum, have you sighted mango at your side yet, I don't mind importing from India or Mexico self, na so e dey do me lol
Ayauche, how far na. How are you and our baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 10:55am On Jan 25, 2018
omonifamily:

which one be maternity bra please

Photo credit: google

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 10:57am On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=Jessie21 post=64495839]Am a first-time mom. Now am 21weeks along in my pregnancy.I started feeling my baby's movement at 18weeks,just as my baby was 19weeks old the movement stopped,I didn't feel anything. I became so scared,thinking about still births and miscarriages made me melt in my fears.But thank God, as I moved close to 20weeks,my baby started kicking even stronger than he use to. Is it okay for me to keep taking milk?#team June 06/05/18 pls add me up.[/quote

Welcome to our wonderful team dear, we shall not record any loss. Enjoy your milk, baby needs it. Edd noted

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2018
zimunachimdi:
Thank you mamas for the likes. and those that took their time to mention) me. Thank you all.

Remaining Jan mamas,may God make it easy for you guys. Amen!

Gimme BS biko. Bobo will be forming big bro now, kisses to my daughter
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2018
Jina24:

Photo credit: google

I don't know if I'll try nursing bra again, the one I used for my dd did wonders to my breast to d extent I started using my normal pushup bra
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=Rubyzz post=64498065][/quote]Amen thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 11:05am On Jan 25, 2018
FloraEC:

I don't know if I'll try nursing bra again, the one I used for my dd did wonders to my breast to d extent I started using my normal pushup bra

Same with me, I also switched to my normal bra. The nursing/maternity bra doesn't hold the breast firmly at all and I wasn't comfortable wearing it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokozain(m): 11:09am On Jan 25, 2018
ElmaSpeed:
Team march sweeties, how are we? We are six weeks away (abi na 5?)
My fellow potential porters (curve . kekeakinwale.Happychildlove. Soonest. foreverjoy00. Elmaspeed. Showerses. youngmommypat.) are our bags packed yet?

I haven't packed for the hospital yet but i will soon. Let me share my list with us.

For mom:
1. Toiletries (bathing soap, cream, toothbrush and paste)
2. Sanitary pants/ pads (4 packs)
3. Toilet rolls (4 rolls)
4. Clean wrappers
5. Night wears, maternity bras, etc
6. Rubber slippers
7. Small black cellophane bag and old newspapers (disposables aren't disposed here without pre-packaging, which makes the waste bin less yucky)

For baby:
1. Toiletries (baby costmetics of your choice)
2. Baby wears (body suits, sleep suits)
3. Olive oil, menthylated spirit, cotton wool, cotton buds, antiseptic lotions
4. Baby shawls, baby sweater, socks, caps
5. Baby cup and spoon
6. Baby diapers
7. Flask for hot water

For those who are expecting to stay in the hospital for longer than a day, like me, start making plans. Pack extra everything or at least arrange for stuff to be brought to you from home during every visit. If you're a book person, take a novel with you. Personally i plan to have plenty movies to pass the time cos it gets pretty boring from day 3.

One more thing, ensure you ask questions during your antenatal classes concerning your birth center's policies so you can avoid unpleasant situations. If they are the kind that love to hold on to your leftover cotton wool or disinfectant or stuff like that, buy small packs of those things so you can leave them there without a fuss. If they are the kind that won't supply you hot water, arrange ahead for yours. Just prepare for the hours or days after birth, so there are no surprises.

I can't wait to start seeing our baby pictures. There shall be no loss in Jesus' name. Amen.

Amen.... Our able captain and thank u very much for put us through and God bless you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2018
FloraEC:

Gimme BS biko. Bobo will be forming big bro now, kisses to my daughter
Bobo's case is on a different level now. me I can't relate ooo.
our BS cooking,lolzx. thanks dear.
wishing you easy waddling and delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2018
Jina24:

Same with me, I also switched to my normal bra. The nursing/maternity bra doesn't hold the breast firmly at all and I wasn't comfortable wearing it.

That nursing bra with little or no pad na wash. plus does not give my bre..ast a good shape.

This time around,I went to OK and got two good nursing bras. one is completely push up while the other is not but has better pad.

FloraEC,if you use OK things,try buying from them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
zimunachimdi:

That nursing bra with little or no pad na wash. plus does not give my bre..ast a good shape.

This time around,I went to OK and got two good nursing bras. one is completely push up while the other is not but has better pad.

Flora EC,if you use OK things,try buying from them.

Really, its OK then next time. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
zimunachimd : congratulations mama.. may God bless your Lo

FloraEC : same here o, have been thinking of a good maternity bra, maternity bra makes one breast look flat.
zimunachimd : Maybe I will search for good OK jare.. all this new one doesn't hold anything.

booqee : Please do u know the price of a carton of huggies from Lagos island since u shopped recently.

Please Does any mama have an idea of price of huggies frm Island or any wholesale shop. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
Rubyzz:

My dear, my bump started showing seriously at 9 weeks, will post pics as soon as I can. Thank God your pain is gone. Mine comes with any little stress like standing or walking for just 10 mins. The fibroids are around my cervix, I just have to continue pelvic rest.
Frequent urine and turning around when sleeping are sure bankers, no escaping that
Its not easy but God will help us

Wow it is well dearie. God got us smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bomgirl(f): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
BA BA BA!!!!

My lil chipmunk made his appearance yesterday by 10:20 am weighing 3.5kg.
I'm so grateful to God for his blessings! I'm still in awe. embarassed embarassed kiss kiss

@ curvilicious and #teamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLOs. Let's do this!

57 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by happeningsmedia: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hmmm, this is a sensitive issue that no stones should be left unturned whenever one is trying t achieve desired results.

However, i will like to encourage the victims to focus on doing their part health wise as they trust God to handle the rest.

We shouldn't forget to follow the instructions given by our health practitioners and continue to pray.

For example, we know that the vagina is an important part of the woman’s body which requires as much attention to hygiene just like the other parts of the body to help maintain overall good health.

Unfortunately, since the vagina is an embarrassing subject among many women, it is often neglected of basic care.
continue here: https://happenings.com.ng/tips-healthy-vagina/?utm_source=cdnhappenings&utm_medium=Yinka&utm_campaign=CDN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
Bomgirl:
BA BA BA!!!!

I'm so grateful to God for his blessings! I'm still in awe. embarassed embarassed kiss kiss

@ curvilicious and #teamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLOs. Let's do this!
congrats ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
Jina24:

I even used extra pad for it.

zimunachimdi:

FloraEC,if you use OK things,try buying from them.

Bought both OK and the one in a pack. Maybe I'll ask for better OK

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
Bomgirl:
BA BA BA!!!!
My lil chipmunk made his appearance yesterday by 10:20 am weighing 3.5kg. I'm so grateful to God for his blessings! I'm still in awe. embarassed embarassed kiss kiss
Congratulations ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2018
lioha:

Over ready the worry us. Abi oh teamie?

Team February for supernatural delivery

MONIKER ...................EDD................ SEX
01 Mcperry .................2/2/18.............XY
02 Rhukkie ..................3/2/18 ............XX
03 amaka90 ............. 4/2/18 ............. XX
04 Completey ............ 5/2/18 ............ shocked
05 Glossom ............... 8/2/18
06 eazee......................9/2/18 ............XX
07 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
08 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
09 Anak123 ............... 14/2/18.......XX 27 Dec 2017
10 Angel2424 .............17/2/18
11 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
12 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
13 mummyjayson ......18/2/18
14 stormie ..................19/2/18
15 Sweetmommatwo .19/2/18 ..........XX
16 DocAdray ................22/2/18
17 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
18 Booqee .................. 27/2/18...........XX
19 Bloomingbud ........ 28/2/18.......... XX, XY
20 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
21 rollykotex ...............EDD ?
22 SULPHUROXIDE ....EDD?
23 Droyal .....................EDD?
24 moonert ................ EDD ?

Those wey never supply edd and sex wetin be the problem ?

Cappo, baby sex is XX.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
[qu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Bobo's case is on a different level now. me I can't relate ooo.
our BS cooking,lolzx. thanks dear.
wishing you easy waddling and delivery.
No mind bobo, he go adapt.
Thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rollykotex: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
FloraEC:

what kind of wonder? did it make the breast sag or what? cause what I heard is that it holds the breast firmly and better than the regular bras
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rollykotex: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
Bomgirl:
BA BA BA!!!!

congratulations mummy. Welcome darling, it is well with u in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
rollykotex:

what kind of wonder? did it make the breast sag or what? cause what I heard is that it holds the breast firmly and better than the regular bras

Maybe I didn't buy the original ones cos it didn't hold my breast well, twas as if the breast was pulling it down

(1) (2) (3) ... (4032) (4033) (4034) (4035) (4036) (4037) (4038) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.