Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,137 members, 7,821,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8159024 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4251) (4252) (4253) (4254) (4255) (4256) (4257) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JstBrave(f): 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
comtem2011:
ROLL CALL

On behalf of our cappo (talltosyne), I am calling out on August mamas to please come out with this roll call.

Team August for supernatural delivery

Fellow teamie, how waddling, the Almighty God will see us through. There shall be no loss IJN/insha Allah.

Let begin to update with sex and EDD

talltosyne ..............2/8/18. Team blue
Mamatwinny............12/8/18
Oliran........................5/8/18
karyss........................20/8/18
Cynate..................... Double Team blue
JstBrave..................13/8/18
Sayoddy
GenyEbere
PresVa
Loistee
Mitchyy.......................2/8/18.......
Mamatweenz. ..........4/8/18......team blue
Divinemandate
Prettylolo. .....,...........20/8/18.....team blue
Shollyzcute
Comtem2011............24/8/18

Please, answer to this roll call and lets know how we are doing.

Present ma'am. I am doing fine, just been having hip pains at night. My sis and Google said there's no cause for alarm and it might be because of the whole 'sleep on side' ish but I will still mention it to my gynea in my next antenatal.

Congrats to all April mommas that have birthed their LOs. I pray all will end in praise for all preggy mothers.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blex444: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wemmy017:
Good morning Mamas, I've come with my QUESTION again...pls
I once complained about my itching and peeling areola which led to sore. I visited the doctor and was given hydrocorrisone cream to apply for 2 wks. A friend here also asked me to always clean it with methylated spirit. After a while everything came to normal. I stopped the whole process for a while and started noticing some flaking again and signs that the sore was going to return. That was how i resumed my routine again. Every morning, i clean with spirit and apply the cortisone. But everytime i clean, the cotton wool will be very dirty as shown.

My question is, why is it always dirty or is that how our areola is? I don't mind any info on breast hygiene. because i don't think i can be cleaning with spirit after birth.

Sabi Mamas abeg, don't jump and pass!!
My suggestion,stop using spirit rather rinse your breast with clean water during your daily bath., you can try lansinoh nipple cream.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blex444: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
princessKF:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
My prince arrived on April 20, weighed 3.3kg, vaginal delivery with tear. Mama and baby are doing very fine, daddy and big brother are rejoicing.

To the remaining waddling mamas, you all will deliver safely.

CC patking
congrats mama
God bless and keep you and Lo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
OK finally had the strength to type my list.

My Baby and Hospital list
One baby towel and face towel 3000
One molfix diaper 100 pcs= 3800
Imported Baby bath set =13,000
Jumbo size plastic wardrobe =44,000
Car seat=17,000
Playmat=5000
2 in 1 baby flannel =2,800
Cord clamp=50
1 soft and 1 strong sponge=700
4 in 1 lovable flannel=3,800
3 in 1 sleepsuit=3,300
5 in 1 bodysuit and 3 in 1 body suit=6,000
1 receiving blanket+teddy=2,500
1 big shawl=2,800
5 lady Sept sanitary towels(400 each) =2,000
1 large savlon=1,200
Small savlon 800
Chicco lotion 1,800, powder 1,700, oil 1,800, perfume 1,800, Big bath wash 3,500 and one bathing soap 500 all chicco.
Metholatum=350
Baby bed and detachable net=3,800
Gint 2.2ltrs flask=8,400
730ml master chef small flask=2,700
Diaper bag=5,000
Virony baby clothes dryer=7,500
5baby caps=2,500
Soft touch cup=1,200
6 bibs=2,000
50 pcs Tommy tippY disposable breast pad=2,800
Sudocream =1,800
Cotton bud=250
Moko spirit =300
LMV baby cot=32,000
1 pack of nightingale underlay=800
2 big comfort liquid 1800 each=3,600
Breastfeeding pillow =2,500
2 nursing bra=2,000
Disposable pants(2 packs) =700
Cup and spoon=500
Powder puff=350
Baby mittens=800
Baby love 3 in 1 cloth= 2,500
3 in 1 cardigan= 3,500
Cotton wool=200
Baby carrier=3,500
Grooming set(comb, hairbrush, pacifier, nail clipper etc) = 2,400
Huggies wipes 4 500 each=2,000
Olive oil bottle=500
Breastfeeding cover=1,500
blue seal Vaseline =600
2 packs of pegs =400
Christening wear=4,000

Cc: forlahkhe

Note: What I did was that someone referred me to a big shop the woman sell wholesale prices. So I presented my list, selected everything she packed them, we calculated the total price together then I made deposit 3times . As I was making the deposit she asked me to be moving some things gradually cos of space in her shop cheesy Well the woman is nice sha and at the same time the trust was there not everyone will do it. So for most of us that plan shopping especially first time mums but don't have all the money in bulk, this secret may work for you too grin. Please mama's any other thing you think I need in the list, please add. Thanks

Below is the hospital list I was given no mucus extractor in the list maybe they don't use it.

19 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
princessKF:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
My prince arrived on April 20, weighed 3.3kg, vaginal delivery with tear. Mama and baby are doing very fine, daddy and big brother are rejoicing.

CC patking

Congrats mama for a successful delivery and welcome to your blessed son. Fast recovery dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
Just in Now; Read carefully and act.

There is a number starting with +234 on whats app, with the picture of a fair lady living with AIDS. Please do not respond to her msg but block the number as soon as possible, she is a satanic agent looking for blood through internet.
Her name is Oke Mary Kittiesplash. Some people are dead already so don't be a victim. Share with everyone u know and' save souls +2348102127829
: the number is taking over now, 11 people died this morning in Ibadan after receiving a call from this number. +2348102127829 and please i beg u, send this number to all your family members and also to all people u love or people u don't want to lose and tell them not to answer any call from this number. It's URGENT: Tell all contacts from your list . Beware it is very dangerous. They announced it today on the radio. Pass on to as many as you can. I just receive it now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
Laeroy:
Goodmorning ma people ,,I don land ooooo, starting another journey with you all.....Where my team mates @?, Team December show ur face ooooo

Congratulations ma'am!
Have a stress free pregnancy!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vicky9ice: 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Joomie:
Thanks for responding sis. I know you are in good health. Take care
uwc ma hope ur are good too?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
princessKF:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

CC patking

Congratulations ma'am!
Welcome prince.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wemmy017:
I once complained about my itching and peeling areola which led to sore. I visited the doctor and was given hydrocorrisone cream to apply for 2 wks. A friend here also asked me to always clean it with methylated spirit. After a while everything came to normal. I stopped the whole process for a while and started noticing some flaking again and signs that the sore was going to return. That was how i resumed my routine again. Every morning, i clean with spirit and apply the cortisone. But everytime i clean, the cotton wool will be very dirty as shown.

My question is, why is it always dirty or is that how our areola is? I don't mind any info on breast hygiene. because i don't think i can be cleaning with spirit after birth.

I had same in my first pregnancy, in fact na tooth brush I dey take scrub am and I will end up having sores. I keep wondering why it"s like that. And the areola will be so black. I later left it and it peeled of completely immediately I gave birth. I found out later that olive oil is the best cleanser for it.

So far so good now, I haven't experience it with my present preg.

so, use olive oil for now, but it will peel after giving birth. So, don't worry.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
kindly Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest cloth/ Washable / Reusable diaper and nappy news from Mima Bear

https://upvir.al/42175/lp42175

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
JstBrave:

Present ma'am. I am doing fine, just been having hip pains at night. My sis and Google said there's no cause for alarm and it might be because of the whole 'sleep on side' ish but I will still mention it to my gynea in my next antenatal.

Congrats to all April mommas that have birthed their LOs. I pray all will end in praise for all preggy mothers.
Good to hear from you mama, Pls kindly mention it to him. But I believe its "sleep on side" stuff. its not easy, I always wake up to see my back on the bed. I keep turning whenever I sleep on my side, especially left side. We will soon get there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
SisiNini:

Please, clean with Olive or Coconut Oil only and not Methylated Spirit. You can clean weekly after birth.
Thanks Mama, will start cleaning with olive oil.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
proudmom38:
Just in Now; Read carefully and act.

There is a number starting with +234 on whats app, with the picture of a fair lady living with AIDS. Please do not respond to her msg but block the number as soon as possible, she is a satanic agent looking for blood through internet.
Her name is Oke Mary Kittiesplash. Some people are dead already so don't be a victim. Share with everyone u know and' save souls +2348102127829
: the number is taking over now, 11 people died this morning in Ibadan after receiving a call from this number. +2348102127829 and please i beg u, send this number to all your family members and also to all people u love or people u don't want to lose and tell them not to answer any call from this number. It's URGENT: Tell all contacts from your list . Beware it is very dangerous. They announced it today on the radio. Pass on to as many as you can. I just receive it now.
For real? Eleyi gidigan o. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
Roseey0:

At first I had no idea because I dont have sour nipples.
But I just said let me experiment
So I used spirit to clean mine just now. It came out the same way. So am guessing its normal.
Lets wait for sabi mama to chok mouth.

Note; I just had my bath o
I always clean after bath. That's what's surprising.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
ayabadamilola:
wemmy017, I'll advise you stop with the spirit for now cos first of all, spirit will always bring out dirt anywhere you use it on. No matter how clean, there must be dirty once spirit is involved. Second of all, it dries the skin and makes it look really soft, almost like it wee cut. Why don't you use olive oil instead and let's see how it goes. On a second thought, go back to your clinic just to be sure... Self treatment during pregnancy can be dangerous. Cheers
Thanks Mama. I will start cleaning with olive oil. My areola is fine now, i continued cleaning because of the dirt.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
blex444:

My suggestion,stop using spirit rather rinse your breast with clean water during your daily bath., you can try lansinoh nipple cream.
Thanks Mama, stopping it right away.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wemmy017:

My teammate,I think it is like that especially FTM (my thinking 0), becos mine was like that whenever I clean it during my first pregnancy but with this pregnancy, it isn't like that.
Please stop using Spirit, it drys ur skin and makes it peel.
Use Olive oil instead.

Team May for Supernatural Delivery.
Hope we are getting prepared.
Countdown to May
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
comtem2011:
I had same in my first pregnancy, in fact na tooth brush I dey take scrub am and I will end up having sores. I keep wondering why it"s like that. And the areola will be so black. I later left it and it peeled of completely immediately I gave birth. I found out later that olive oil is the best cleanser for it.

So far so good now, I haven't experience it with my present preg.

so, use olive oil for now, but it will peel after giving birth. So, don't worry.
Wow...exactly the same experience i had. Will start with olive oil asap. Thanks Mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
mumsgirl27:

My teammate,I think it is like that especially FTM (my thinking 0), becos mine was like that whenever I clean it during my first pregnancy but with this pregnancy, it isn't like that.
Please stop using Spirit, it drys ur skin and makes it peel.
Use Olive oil instead.

Team May for Supernatural Delivery.
Hope we are getting prepared.
Countdown to May

Ok my able Cappo. Like other mamas advised, i will start cleaning with olive oil. I am very prepared ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wemmy017:

Wow...exactly the same experience i had. Will start with olive oil asap. Thanks Mama
uwc sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
This afternoon, I just want to thank God for getting this far (Am feeling Elated)
See me That was having early contraction/labour
twice I was placed on drugs for preterm labour
Just praying to get to 35-37weeks
Look at me now 38weeks and counting.
My Oba Ara, the Omnipotent God, The I am that I am.
The King above every other king,
Oba awon Oba.

(Just want to encourage every1 going through any pregnancy related issue, Just believe and trust that God will Take control nd you shall carry to term nd birth your Lo successfully by the special grace of God.)

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
@strongwoman333 your list is very complete ( didn't see bottles though you can get those if need for it arises).

The perfume is not necessary at all! I got some as gift but didn't use it till he got to a year, the chicco products you got will leave you baby smelling nice plus the comfort fabric softener gives the clothes a nice scent! So you really don't need the additional perfume.

Powder too is not adviced till baby is 6 months old.

Your grooming set does it contain mucus suction bulb? It's very handy when baby gets stuffy nose unless you are comfortable using your mouth.

*Pics attached

Well done mama kiss

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
Liftedhands:
@strongwoman333 your list is very complete ( didn't see bottles though you can get those if need for it arises).

The perfume is not necessary at all! I got some as gift but didn't use it till he got to a year, the chicco products you got will leave you baby smelling nice plus the comfort fabric softener gives the clothes a nice scent! So you really don't need the additional perfume.

Powder too is not adviced till baby is 6 months old.

Your grooming set does it contain mucus suction bulb? It's very handy when baby gets stuffy nose unless you are comfortable using your mouth.

*Pics attached

Well done mama kiss
As for the perfume don't mind me I was getting mushy dats why I added it o lol grin . Since you advised I won't use it then will keep till baby gets to a year including the powder will use till when baby is 6 months I never knew any of these sha cos I'm a ftm.
As for the feeding bottles, it is deliberate hubby is against it cos of infection he said cup and spoon.
I also plan on doing exclusive breast feeding I pray I have the strength to do so.
I didn't get the suction bulb please is it easy to use? Will ask the woman if she has so I will add . Thanks mama smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
JstBrave:

Hi Mama while sleeping put a pillow between ur laps .....it helps relieve this pain, that's what works for me

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
StrongWoman333:

As for the perfume don't mind me I was getting mushy dats why I added it o lol grin . Since you advised I won't use it then will keep till baby gets to a year including the powder will use till when baby is 6 months I never knew any of these sha cos I'm a ftm.
As for the feeding bottles, it is deliberate hubby is against it cos of infection he said cup and spoon.
I also plan on doing exclusive breast feeding I pray I have the strength to do so.
I didn't get the suction bulb please is it easy to use? Will ask the woman if she has so I will add . Thanks mama smiley
Yeah it's easy to use but gets difficult as baby grows and starts resisting anything coming close to their face.
Lolz @ getting mushy it's expected and allowed grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Giddyperson........ congratulations on another giddybaby on the way

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haleematm(f): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2018
DrDhe:

Present...feeling hawt and fly. Please how can I get hubby more involved in this journey? He is supporting by doing chores and all that, but I need him to be as expectant as I am. He has been dodging following me for antenatal or even reading the pregnancy books I bought. I am thinking of even installing pregnancy app on his phone. Is my own too much or na pregnancy hormones dey deal with my brain.

Its a gradual thing my sis. Enjoy his helping hands for now dn u start bringing him in especially when he can start feeling the baby move

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
princessKF:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

CC patking

Thank God for safe delivery!
Big Congratulations to you Momma.
Welcome Son.
Glad it ended in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Team April 2018!
ANNOINCING THE ARRIVAL OF  little Prince PrincessKF !!!
Big Congratulations Momma.
Please submit your BS as soon as you can.

"With God on our side, we got this"!

PORTERS CLUB!!!!
3 wonderful Mommas ported.

1. Lilliesbud12 ...XX 19/03/2018✅
2. rvpbae  ...........XY 24/03/2018 ✅
3. Tutulicious .... XY 20/03/2018 ✅

APRIL BABIES!!!
Happy to meet you cuties!!!!
Congratulations Mommas.

1. portable4real ... XX 01/04/18 HA✅
2. beautyuche ...... XX 01/04/18 HA
3. PatKing ............ XX 03/04/18✅
4. Splendor1 .........XX 04/04/18
5. Wealthyone ..... XY 06/04/18
6. Whyterose ....... XY 06/04/18
7. luv4real ............ XY 07/04/18 HA✅
8. Wifeysist ......... XY 07/04/18
9. Euphorbia ....... XY 07/04/18 ✅
10. fruitbae ......... XY 07/04/18 HA
11. phlakkyes ..... XX 08/04/18 HA✅
12. imagemate .. XY 09/04/18
13. Toyeem ......... XY 10/04/18✅
14. amy43 ........... XY 11/04/18
15. mrstheo ........ XX 14/04/18
16. Prettymaxy .. XY 15/04/18
17. Bibeetee ....... XY 15/04/18
18. Graciamore .. XY 17/04/18
19. Hafsat24 ....... XY 18/04/18✅
20. Mumplenty ... XX 18/04/18
21. PrincessKF .... XY 20/04/18
22. Debbiemma .. XY 23/04/18

GROUP A
Thank God for safe delivery Group A!!!

GROUP B
10. DidiPearls .....EDD 19/04/18(??)
11. sallygal  .........EDD 19/04/18(XX)

GROUP C
13. omonifamily .EDD 21/04/18(XX)
14. Sysengr .........EDD 23/04/18(XX)
15. Crystalzoe ....EDD 23/04/18(XX)
19. MumIbeji .......EDD 28/04/18(XX)

#TeamNoLoss
#Team Mother Alive, Baby Alive, Father Alive with plenty money

A tick = BA and BS Seen.
HA = Happy Arrival from other Team.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wemmy017:

I think it’s dead/ flaky skin that is coming off when you clean it and since the areola is really dark, the flaky skin coming off would be dark/ dirty looking in color.
As other mamas have said, stop the methylated spirit as it will just dry off the skin there and make the flaking worse.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
Team July how una dey?

I saw the Dr and my iron levels are really low so i’m taking supplements now. It’s not part of the routine drugs here.
Hopefully it goes back to normal in 4 wks cos I no fit do IV.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4251) (4252) (4253) (4254) (4255) (4256) (4257) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.