Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8152057 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 6:16pm On May 26, 2015
modath:

@Kimoni,
The wrapper level is the shiznit!! The baby will wake sef & just maintain for back.

Who no like berra thing wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 6:20pm On May 26, 2015
@onegai,
cheesy, u yaff put me for work ooo, where I go start from?? Make I try,

My way;
The cap is worn with the full bodysuit the day the baby is born, the 2nd & the 3rd day. By day 4, the only reason the cap or socks is going back on is if the weather is "chilly" and when I say chilly it means I'm cold as well and not because mama Bola said so..

Onesies are my babies mainstay from 0-3 ("clothes" are for going out)with nothing else but diapers underneath, when the AC is on full blast I pair with small tees to regulate temp, we use AC from day 0 and when we use fan its turned away from baby cos of the dust it scatters around..

Shoes are of no need till we start toddling, (both of my babies took their first steps @ 9mth+0day & 9mths+3wks) we wear socklike booties till its necessary.

This is going beyond dressing:

I don't give babies teething mixture, don't give agbo and never give my babies PCM prior to immunisation, its after immunisation when baby's temp increases --after I must have checked with thermometer-- that its to be administered.

Bonababe or pecan is not juice, its pcm and diphenihydramine(same as what's in piriton) and shouldn't be given until baby is actually irritable from teething pains.

FULL DISCLOSURE-- my family friend is a consultant paed and he gives us the lectures about drugs and medication.

The clothing tip and all I learnt from the GH I registered during my 1st pregnancy and its been of great help.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 7:27pm On May 26, 2015
@mummy2be..thanks much..I do hope its nothing..I feel relieved

@Onegai..I wonder o..was told a FTM should start ANC earlier but I wonder why they are asking Me to come at 4months

@modath..its not a govt hospital..its a private one and yes in FCT..but I'm having second thoughts as to whether I should register at a GH just to be in safe hands..pls if you have any GH in mind you could suggest I'll be glad to change..I stay in Kubwa..perhaps any not too far would do..sorry for the long tori grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 8:02pm On May 26, 2015
proudmom38:

@modath pushing is going well o,how re u doing?... Pls is cap n sock not gud 4 baby? I saw it in ur earlier post. @kaffy where re u o?

I'm doing fain fain, u don dey waddle or you still waka like a babe?

Socks and caps are not bad for babies, not at all, my babies wear caps for a few days after birth and socks when we go out but don't wear them around the house.....

On a day when Oyinbos have 15 degree weather, while we have a 30-33 degree one, we shouldn't dress our babies same way.

When I'm out of the country I've worn socks, hats, gloves,mufflers,the whole nine yards and will dress my baby same way but if I'm so hot that I'm in shorts and tank top, there is no way my baby is sporting a full body suit let alone socks and cap...

@Hafsat24
Private hospital qua?? Dem nor like money ne? I even thought its one of all this our cheapee dugbe District/General Hospitals.

There is one in kubwa, but if you don't have patience,do not go to a GH ooo, you will get angry and almost want to kill someone.

The thing about GH for me is the expertise, there is NOTHING you complain about that one or two of the multitudes they see on a daily basis haven't done...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by grace247: 8:37pm On May 26, 2015
Gudevening Lovely mother,just join the forum.Ftm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
Hafsat24:
@mummy2be..thanks much..I do hope its nothing..I feel relieved

@Onegai..I wonder o..was told a FTM should start ANC earlier but I wonder why they are asking Me to come at 4months

@modath..its not a govt hospital..its a private one and yes in FCT..but I'm having second thoughts as to whether I should register at a GH just to be in safe hands..pls if you have any GH in mind you could suggest I'll be glad to change..I stay in Kubwa..perhaps any not too far would do..sorry for the long tori grin

Der is a general hospital der in kubwa @ phase 4 or beta stil use d one of gwarinpa wc is nt dat far 4rm u.
I miss abj so much.i stay in kubwa until marriage brought me to a land wer I knw nobody.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
grace247:

U ar plentifully welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:45pm On May 26, 2015
@modath my sis d waddling no be here o,I dey fear 2 sit outside so dat pple no go laff me wen I get up 2 waka...My lower abdomen is as heavy as a cement bag lol,I don't knw if anybody feels d same or is just me....Thanks alot 4d info on how 2 dress babies,u re da bomb!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:50pm On May 26, 2015
grace247:

Welcome onboard,I wish u happy bumping...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 10:25pm On May 26, 2015
grace247:

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 10:45pm On May 26, 2015
Gud evening mama's in d house,am in my 27th wk now n d only comfortable sleeping position 4 me is my back.even wen I try to sleep wit my side,i wak up lyin on my back.
All I kip hearing is dat its nt gud but wit no concrete reason givin to me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 7:03am On May 27, 2015
@modath..ure soo right..dey definitely have expertise..would check the one in Kubwa as its not too far from my home

@missmalachi..Awww..that's how life is..we leave our home,family and change our names just for marriage grin
I used to live in kano until marriage brought me to Abj
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaeji(f): 8:52am On May 27, 2015
My prince arrived last night, bs later

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 8:56am On May 27, 2015
@iyaeji.. Congratssss to you.. Happy for you.. God bless you both
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IyaderaChuks: 8:57am On May 27, 2015
missmalachi:
Gud evening mama's in d house,am in my 27th wk now n d only comfortable sleeping position 4 me is my back.even wen I try to sleep wit my side,i wak up lyin on my back.

MY DEAR, am in the same shoes with u and had to ask my doctor who says its nothing to worry about as long as you dont have shortage of breath. the risk is on the mother and not the baby so i check my self and sleep in d most comfortable position till date, which is on my back. Am 32weeks gone so far so good.

Team July, pls anyone experiencing serious back and leg cramp abi pain. Getting up in the morning from bed is a prayer point. I guess u would tell me its part of the package. God dey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IyaderaChuks: 9:00am On May 27, 2015
Iyaeji, congratulations on the arrival of your prince. May He always bring unmeasurable blessings. I rejoice with you. Kindly update bs for us soonest.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gocare: 9:09am On May 27, 2015
Congrats oooooo iyaeji, happy for u o , kiss prince for me o. Much love .
Please o, has anyone made row call for team June. All bags packed, and at the door . And may the kpekusing continue . grin

Am proudly # team September # tank u. cool

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bheambo(f): 9:40am On May 27, 2015
iyaeji:

congratulations. God bless ur LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 9:52am On May 27, 2015
missmalachi:

Sleep in your most comfortable position...very soon, you won't even be able to maintain a position for you long.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:57am On May 27, 2015
IyaderaChuks:

MY DEAR, am in the same shoes with u and had to ask my doctor who says its nothing to worry about as long as you dont have shortage of breath. the risk is on the mother and not the baby so i check my self and sleep in d most comfortable position till date, which is on my back. Am 32weeks gone so far so good.

Team July, pls anyone experiencing serious back and leg cramp abi pain. Getting up in the morning from bed is a prayer point. I guess u would tell me its part of the package. God dey.

Thank u so much,now i dnt need to worry on wc position I sleep.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:58am On May 27, 2015
Kimoni:

Sleep in your most comfortable position...very soon, you won't even be able to maintain a position for you long.

Thank u.for now let me enjoy my best sleeping position
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:01am On May 27, 2015
missmalachi:

Thank u.for now let me enjoy my best sleeping position

cheesy grin, infact, enjoy your sleep in whatever position cuz by the time vigilante starts, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 10:03am On May 27, 2015
Hafsat24:
@modath..ure soo right..dey definitely have expertise..would check the one in Kubwa as its not too far from my home

@missmalachi..Awww..that's how life is..we leave our home,family and change our names just for marriage grin

My dear its nt a funny tin.after spendin 20 something yrs of ur life der,only to wake up n see urself in lagos.am yet to adjust to it.it is well sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 10:05am On May 27, 2015
iyaeji:

congratulations dear. May God bless your prince and your household.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 10:05am On May 27, 2015
Kimoni:

cheesy grin, infact, enjoy your sleep in whatever position cuz by the time vigilante starts, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

HaOº°˚ha ˚°haºoo.ha Oº°˚ha˚°ºoo. Oº°˚haha˚°haºoo
I hv plans for dat vigilante oooooo.am planin 2 get milk extractor ooo so dat me n DH n mumc wil b rotating duties oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 10:08am On May 27, 2015
Good morning dear mothers and happy children's day to our little ones, those here and the ones on their way to our arms. God will give us the wisdom to be the best of parents to them and guide them right amen. Congrats to iya eji and all our new mommies. My dearest team mates how the pushing dey go, this third trimester no be beans o to waka after sitting for a while na work, to stand up to pee for middle of night na fight but i count it all joy cos july is jst around the corner. Other mama wey still dey second trimester, make una enjoy that stage o cos this third trimester get plenty package o. Enjoy ur day peeps

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:15am On May 27, 2015
missmalachi:

HaOº°˚ha ˚°haºoo.ha Oº°˚ha˚°ºoo. Oº°˚haha˚°haºoo
I hv plans for dat vigilante oooooo.am planin 2 get milk extractor ooo so dat me n DH n mumc wil b rotating duties oooo

cheesy cheesy

**yimu**

If you like get 10 milk extractors, you can't extract more than your body can produce baa tongue tongue Just prepare for it jejely and be strong when it's time.

I used to get frustrated and cry a lot with my first baby as she just wouldn't allow me sleep in the night at all yet I wanted to do exclusive. Nobody warned me about it and I didn't see it coming.

But subsequent babies, I had prepared myself mentally and was well prepared. I slept during the day when they are sleeping. I had to receive less visitors, cook in bulk and reduced house chores to give me more time to sleep.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 10:28am On May 27, 2015
Kimoni:

cheesy cheesy

**yimu**

If you like get 10 milk extractors, you can't extract more than your body can produce baa tongue tongue Just prepare for it jejely and be strong when it's time.

I used to get frustrated and cry a lot with my first baby as she just wouldn't allow me sleep in the night at all yet I wanted to do exclusive. Nobody warned me about it and I didn't see it coming.

But subsequent babies, I had prepared myself mentally and was well prepared. I slept during the day when they are sleeping. I had to receive less visitors, cook in bulk and reduced house chores to give me more time to sleep.

HaOº°˚ha ˚°haºoo.ha Oº°˚ha˚°ºoo. Oº°˚haha˚°haºoo plsssss ooooo dnt scare me.all d same I look 4ward to it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 10:30am On May 27, 2015
Hafsat24:
So u r kano born,am too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 10:31am On May 27, 2015
iyaeji:
Congrats mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by happymama: 12:23pm On May 27, 2015
iyaeji:
congrats oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 12:55pm On May 27, 2015
missmalachi: I started sleeping on my left frm the first day after I got my BFP grin, second trimester, I couldn't keep up, infact I slept yakata (back o, front o, sides o). bt now I sleep on my left or right but somethings wake up on my back bt sometimes I wonder, some pple sha don't go to hospital or know any of these things and they give birth sound nd safe. MAY GOD HELP JARE
But try as much as possible to sleep on ur left, it help with circulation of blood and also It takes all the pressure off of the vein that returns blood from your lower body to your heart.

Hafsat24: Sometimes discharge in preg is normal, what I did was to start using pant liner, it makes me feel comfortable, u can try it.

iyaeji:Congratulations, God bless your Lo and the entire family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.