Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141169 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6070) (6071) (6072) (6073) (6074) (6075) (6076) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplerain(f): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hi teamies kiss

September 16 EDD

Oliran:
Team September: where are you mamas hiding grin grin lets encourage one another... May God continue to make it easy for us all. Add your name to the list

TEAM SEPTEMBER

1) Fabmummy........... 6th
2) oliran................... 20th
3. Nzlove....................20th
4) gratefulme40.. ....... 19th
5) Esetim............
6) typicaltemi.............11th
7) vickynne..........12th

Other Sept mamas please kindly show face so we can always check on one another. Please quote this post with your EDD.

PS: I am not assuming the Cappo post oo, just put this together so we can always check on one another. Thank you kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumy16: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:
My October mamas, how una dey? I am not happy o. Half of the team are too silent. We need to know how you're feeling so we can learn from each other, especially FTMs.

Oya come out and answer roll call...
TEAM OCTOBER! TEAM OVERCOMERS!!
@joliefille
@lady25
@Fruit4me
@Krystalluv
@Ibk555
@ThatPetiteChic
@jumy16

Last week, my hubby reported me to my parents that I love taking cold drinks and they warned me to desist from it. As it is now, I don't have access to the freezer. During this MS stage, cold drinks have been my saving grace. I don't know how I will survive without cold water. It seems too much fruits and vegetables purge me. The way I purged throughout the week was scary, i had to go for scan to be sure my baby is okay. Thank God, everything is fine.

Affliction shall not rise a second time, Amen.
MS is really dealing with me....
can take both cold and warm water

I vomit everything...couple with saliva..

can't wait to cross this trimester.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
purplerain:
Hi teamies kiss

September 16 EDD

You are welcome teamie cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
TEAM SEPTEMBER

1) Fabmummy........... 6th
2) oliran................... 20th
4) gratefulme40.. ....... 19th
5) Esetim............
6) typicaltemi.............11th
7) vickynne..........12th
cool purplerain........16th
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prugee: 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
Are you married, Happy, smart, intelligent, looking for other married people to talk and share ideas with on a WhatsApp group? This group gives you the freedom to unwind from every stress that comes with Marriage.

Please if you are not married, don't bother getting in touch with us because you won't be added to the group. Kindly chat us on WhatsApp on 08129087783.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nzlove: 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
Joydan95:

Take the PCV thing serious o, eat enough dark vegetables like “Ugwu/pumpkin leaf”, you can extract the water and drink with malt or milk 3 times a week. Eat cow liver , fish and sea foods cos they are rich in iron ...please take oranges too and fruits your body can tolerate. If you do these before the end of two weeks you will see a positive result
Thank you very much for this, I really appreciate it. Should I boil the Ugu water after extracting before adding the milk or should I just add it immediately after the extraction?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nzlove: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:

What of blood tonic/supplements? Can't it boost PCV?
I don't know if it is safe to use during pregnancy. Let me try the Ugu water first, then I will check my pcv again during my next visit. Thank you mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nzlove: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hamintab:
Hi Guys,

I will appreciate some clarification from the experts or experienced.

My wife is currently pregnant with our second baby and will be due very soon.

The first child was delivered via CS in a private hospital. We got 3 diff reasons for CS from 3 diff Dr. in the same hospital. But at the point of time labour when I was asked to sign the consent form, the reason was that labour was taking too long, she is now weak and may affect the baby if pushed further.

After delivery when I request for a report, the reason was that the pelvic was too small, and another Dr latter said the baby had the cord on the neck....That went.

Now we are expecting the second baby, and she is registered at the General Hospital and a diff Private hospital this time. She was asked to do CT pelvimetry scan which she did at Afriglobal. The report that came with the scan footage says her sacropubic diameter is inadequate. Her value is 11.1 and the reference value is 11.5

When the report was taken the hospital (private), she was told that she will have to go through a CS and she should decide on a date when its time.

The same report was then taken to the General Hosp, and she was told that the report may not be accurate that she will go through viginal delivery first, then they may now revert to CS if necessary.

Kindly help shed some light .
When did she gave birth to the first child? In my opinion I think you should opt for elective CS, I think that scan centre is reputable. It will be bad if after suffering labour pains, it will still result in emergency CS.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmommy: 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2021
Mina1Musa:

Am really surprised. But probably because they are private hospitals. I did fetal anomaly at 2500 here in ABUTH zaria. But I must confess it's worth it. The machines are sophisticated and each session takes like 30 minutes to detect baby organs etc with trained personnel
Yes. I think location plays a part too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JourneytoEL(f): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
AbbynHummy:

I just did that. And nothing.
drink lots and lots of water. the baby stays in an amniotic fluid that is made mostly of water, so your body requires lots of it. if you lack water it manifests as headaches.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esetim(f): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
Oliran:

You are welcome teamie cool

Esetim....26th

Meanwhile, we have anointed you our cappo.

Safe and easy delivery to us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamintab: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nzlove:

When did she gave birth to the first child? In my opinion I think you should opt for elective CS, I think that scan centre is reputable. It will be bad if after suffering labour pains, it will still result in emergency CS.

Thanks.

Our first child is 2yrs + 5 months now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
I get the explanation. I was not in any way devaluing the scan, I was only surprised because I only know about the normal scan.

I can not google everything about pregnancy in one day, guess that's why I'm on this thread too. To learn new things as a JJC in parenting.
Twinmommy:

Bros it's not the regular pregnancy scan. Please get informed, Google Anomaly / Anatomy scan to see what it entails then it might help you appreciate the price.

Normally, regular naija Hospitals do only the normal scan, it is only when they notice that something might be wrong that they send you for the Anomaly/Anatomy scan to be sure.

My Dr didn't ask me to do it. I did it on my own based on my pregnancy journey of over 9years and my research. Its expensive depending on the person's pocket but I found it worth it. Everyone does what they feel is best for them. Peace! ✌✌

PS: I'm not advertising for Afriglobal ooo, this type of scan can also be done in Lagos at Clina Lancet, Mecure, Clinix and I believe many other Scan houses. I chose Afriglobal for quality and due to their proximity to my location.
even if you were advertising for afriglobal, I wouldn't patronize them cos I am not in Lagos or close.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2021
JourneytoEL:
drink lots and lots of water. the baby stays in an amniotic fluid that is made mostly of water, so your body requires lots of it. if you lack water it manifests as headaches.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
Unah good evening mamas.
I love you all and I appreciate everyone for the prayers. Thanks a bunch

Baby is fine, i am still wondering how I pushed my baby grin

Oke we need to join hands and beat that mama that said delivery is not that painful...
This is not BS o but I want to rant, all the senior mamas didn't give us memo at all

They nau call me Jackie Chan in my new hospital, o boy, I should them pepperoni, no be ordinary pepper...lemme keep the remaining just till I share my BS

March, April and other mamas, how are you all!? By the grace of God you will all deliver safely. Don't worry, delivery room is sweet.
Tinudesi, how are you and the little one?
Later things kiss

31 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Congratulations dear. When I read that mama's story I just smiled, because hers was that way she concluded others were exaggerating. I been no just wan answer am. If God do for you just thank him and move on, shikena!
africaflozy:
Unah good evening mamas.

Oke we need to join hands and beat that mama that said delivery is not that painful...
This is not BS o but I want to rant, all the senior mamas didn't give us memo at all

They nau call me Jackie Chan in my new hospital, o boy, I should them pepperoni, no be ordinary pepper...lemme keep the remaining just till I share my BS

March, April and other mamas, how are you all!? By the grace of God you will all deliver safely. Don't worry, delivery room is sweet.
Later things kiss

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adetounvicky(f): 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
africaflozy:
Unah good evening mamas.

Later things kiss
: Congrats once again cappo, delivery is actually not easy based on my experience with my son in 2017,It's affected hubby and I had to beg before we embark on this 2nd missionary journey.The joy of seeing your LO takes away the pains and before you know it you start planning for another one.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joydan95: 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nzlove:

Thank you very much for this, I really appreciate it. Should I boil the Ugu water after extracting before adding the milk or should I just add it immediately after the extraction?
No, don’t boil. Just add milk/malt to it and drink. That was what I did when my PCV dropped to 22%
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:

Thank you ma. You just put my mind at rest because I was scared that I have done damage to the baby's lungs. I will still reduce the cold water so that my husband can have peace of mind. Thank you for the eye opener.

See you angry. Mine is not even cold water...mine is ice block. I took it throughout my 9bmonthsfor my daughter, she was perfect . Im on it now for my second and am 35 weeks and everything is perfect. I cant take cold water...the water must have block or else I will vomit. News Flash!, the water on getting to stomach assume the normal body temperature so don't fret grin. It's medically proven

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 12:06am On Mar 30, 2021
africaflozy:
Unah good evening mamas.

Later things kiss

When that mama said labour isn't painful, did you see any mama arguing with Her? Most of us that have gone through labour before know how it is we just kept quiet. Labour is never easy but it's bearable, though its unbearable to some. Only God fit help us

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lolipopandy(f): 12:18am On Mar 30, 2021
Help I don't want to do this cry
agiboma:
Hi All,

I am starting this thread so we can discuss pregnancy and all the joys, anticipation, expectation and all aspects of this beautiful time in a woman's life.
At times pregnancy can be very difficult and may even become life threatening, when conditions such as pre-eclamsia,gestational diabetes, Incompetent cervix, PPROM etc.  So lets use this space to discuss all aspects of this process.

Nothing in relation to pregnancy is off limits, lets share our experience and support each other in a caring respectful way. Doctors can only give so much advice, but i know first hand peer support is equally important.

So lets start talking!

Below are a list of ladies that have included their delivery dates, lets keep them in mind by praying and meditating and sending them positive energy, I will update the list reguarly, just include the month you are due. I will also update once you confirmed you have delivered. This will allow ladies to see others that are due around the same time as themselves and perhaps you may find a pregnancy "buddy". Its not a must that you include this info to join the thread, we welcome everyone.

1.) Nkkyrules due June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
2.) Amarush due March 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
3.) IB due April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
4) Mogobomya August 2012
5.) Toyosi Oct 2012
6.) Strita Oct 2012
7.) Uwani Oct. 2012
8.) Igosun Jul. 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
9.) Jemmibee Oct. 2012
10.) y.me Nov 2012
11.) tessybaby April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
12.) Luvlee May 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
13.) Biddiebest Jul, 2012
14.) Oknee April 2012
15.) Dudugirl April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
16.) Moran August 2012
17.) Diamondlove Oct. 2012
18.) osikhueme March 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
19.) Babyme Sept. 2012
20) Sweettweet June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
21.) Imboss. Jul 2012 *******DELIVERED smiley*******
22.) Jibola Nov. 2012
23.) Efemena_xy Febuary 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
24.) Avatur Due June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
25.) OLUWATOSIN Due June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
26.) Recruitment Due August 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
29.) Jumie Jul, 2012
30.) Otossd June 2012
31.) Bolseas Dec. 2012
32.) Pamperme May 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
33.) Corrall Dec. 2012
34.) Maran1983 august 2012
35.) Olapo due Nov. 2012
36.) sdara *******DELIVERED smiley*******
37.) Infogenius Aug. 2012
38.) Ibotus Oct. 2012
39.) Toyin Sept. 2012
40.) corral dec. 2012
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 12:23am On Mar 30, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 8:10am On Mar 30, 2021
cheesy grin drop your BS o
africaflozy:
Unah good evening mamas.

Later things kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2021
indian03:
This was the birth story of my daughter 2018

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/4574#70277676

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/4574#70281290

Maybe some new mamas can learn one or 2 things

I remember your BS former teamie.... Reading it all-over gave me goosebumps.

How's Aafiyah doing? I love that name. May Almighty Allah grant us all Aafiyah.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:
My October mamas, how una dey? I am not happy o. Half of the team are too silent. We need to know how you're feeling so we can learn from each other, especially FTMs.

Oya come out and answer roll call...
TEAM OCTOBER! TEAM OVERCOMERS!!
@joliefille
@lady25
@Fruit4me
@Krystalluv
@Ibk555
@ThatPetiteChic
@jumy16

Last week, my hubby reported me to my parents that I love taking cold drinks and they warned me to desist from it. As it is now, I don't have access to the freezer. During this MS stage, cold drinks have been my saving grace. I don't know how I will survive without cold water. It seems too much fruits and vegetables purge me. The way I purged throughout the week was scary, i had to go for scan to be sure my baby is okay. Thank God, everything is fine.

Affliction shall not rise a second time, Amen.

Good morning ma, I'm sorry I've not been replying your mentions. I feel heavy heartache opening the thread, esp when I see July mamas progressing with their pregnancy, I feel so bad with myself cos I would have been a July mama too. And now I am no longer an October mama.
I had to unfollow the thread.

For the cold water thing, I was told it doesn't affect the baby. I know of an aunty who couldn't take ordinary water but only ice blocks during her pregnancy, esp in her first trimester, and her baby who is almost two years now is hale and hearty with no health issues from birth.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2021
talltosyne:

Teamie....You no carry me along ni?

Happy bumping to you all

Ahahaha � oya hop on
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2021
TEAM SEPTEMBER

1. fabmummy........... 6th
2. oliran................... 20th
4. gratefulme40.. ....... 19th
5. Esetim............
6. typicaltemi.............11th
7. vickynne..........12th
8. purplerain........16th
9. flourish2021
10. Howyeh
How are you mamas doing? The Lord will continue to strengthen us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2021
Adetounvicky:
: Congrats once again cappo, delivery is actually not easy based on my experience with my son in 2017,It's affected hubby and I had to beg before we embark on this 2nd missionary journey.The joy of seeing your LO takes away the pains and before you know it you start planning for another one.
you are right
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2021
indian03:

When that mama said labour isn't painful, did you see any mama arguing with Her? Most of us that have gone through labour before know how it is we just kept quiet. Labour is never easy but it's bearable, though its unbearable to some. Only God fit help us
bearable yes cos you no get choice

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2021
Fabmummy:
TEAM SEPTEMBER

1. fabmummy........... 6th
2. oliran................... 20th
4. gratefulme40.. ....... 19th
5. Esetim............ ....... 26th
6. typicaltemi.............11th
7. vickynne..........12th
8. purplerain........16th
9. flourish2021
10. Howyeh
How are you mamas doing? The Lord will continue to strengthen us all.

Amen mama, Been having on and off headache for some weeks now. My medical appointment is next week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2021
Krystalluv:

Good morning ma, I'm sorry I've not been replying your mentions. I feel heavy heartache opening the thread, esp when I see July mamas progressing with their pregnancy, I feel so bad with myself cos I would have been a July mama too. And now I am no longer an October mama.
I had to unfollow the thread.

For the cold water thing, I was told it doesn't affect the baby. I know of an aunty who couldn't take ordinary water but only ice blocks during her pregnancy, esp in her first trimester, and her baby who is almost two years now is hale and hearty with no health issues from birth.

it is well with you sister. I was meant to be team sept 2020 ,later team May 2021.
But God's time is the best. I kept reading the thread everyday after the miscarriages, I opt out of other pregnancy group I joined but continue with only this group.
And God answered my prayers and made me join team August, 2021.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fabmummy:
TEAM SEPTEMBER
1. fabmummy........... 6th 2. oliran................... 20th 3. Nzlove....................20th 4. gratefulme40.. ....... 19th 5. Esetim............ 6. typicaltemi.............11th 7. vickynne..........12th 8. purplerain........16th 9. flourish2021 10. Howyeh How are you mamas doing? The Lord will continue to strengthen us all.
can Howyeh be in this group sha. she is team August o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6070) (6071) (6072) (6073) (6074) (6075) (6076) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zikodem(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.