Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141104 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6937) (6938) (6939) (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 6:43am On Dec 02, 2023
Congratulations teamie! God bless your beautiful Princess
SoCalm:
B.A! We welcome our beautiful princess on the 27th of November via emergency c.s.
Edd 30th Nov, Dob 27th Nov.
Baby, momma and Daddy are all fine.
Bs coming soon.
Cc: Cappo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
Jemimahgogo:

The fourth trimester is an entire thing on its own. I'm also battling the pain from an episiotomy.

Please how long does it take for the sutures to dissolve and the wound to heal??
Mama, it depends on your body o. I was ok after one week. As a matter of fact, I no dey do sit bath again. Finish your drugs and take lots of vitamin c. You'll be fine

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AyodejiSugar: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2023
Special Greetings to moms and to be moms on this thread.

I wanna appreciate you all for your concerns and prayers on my family.

Our baby is fine now, we were actually discharged from UCH in the late hours of yesterday.

I understand this thread is full of positive testimonies, so, I wouldn't want to pen down few negative stories here.

However, In the past 10days, my eyes have seen different scenarios and my faith was actually shaken. I've seen innocent babies (0 - 28day old) including mine in pains and their moms couldn't help them. Moms couldn't even enjoy a 2hr direct sleep.

Pls let's quickly go to a Tertiary Healthcare should we notice any danger sign in our babies before it is late. we don't pray for it though.

My special appreciation to moms who tried reaching out. God bless you all.

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2023
AyodejiSugar:

Our baby is fine now, we were actually discharged from UCH in the late hours of yesterday.

However, In the past 10days, my eyes have seen different scenarios and my faith was actually shaken. I've seen innocent babies (0 - 28day old) including mine in pains and their moms couldn't help them. Moms couldn't even enjoy a 2hr direct sleep.

Pls let's quickly go to a Tertiary Healthcare should we notice any danger sign in our babies before it is late. we don't pray for it though.

Hallelujah. Looking forward to an update from you daily.
God is faithful. He'll preserve your family.
You can still share what caused it for others to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mikaael(m): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2023
Birdsky:
Hello everyone please is it possible to get a positive home based urine test and negative blood test ?

Yes
It happened to my wife in May this year
She is in her 8th month now

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jemimahgogo(f): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
Please I want to ask, after an episiotomy, will my jajiana ever return to normal again. Because me I'm tired.
When does the pain and discomfort end? cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Crazeworld(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
AyodejiSugar:

I understand this thread is full of positive testimonies, so, I wouldn't want to pen down few negative stories here.

Praise Jesus for this good news! May God be with you and your family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alheeri: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hello beautiful mummies, ve got baby clothes for sale ( clearance) all brand new for beautiful baby girl and handsome baby boys...
Still have different designs, these re just samples.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alheeri: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
Available

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracygem100: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2023
Hi mamas, this page is too quiet.
Are there no December mamas? Let BAs and BSs roll in please.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esetim(f): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2023
Hello mamas, pls what can I use for diaper rash?
I have changed diapers from huggies to soft care to molfix.
I have even stopped using blue seal vaseline as they said it may be fake, and currently using original coconut oil.
It appeared to be clearing off initially, but the place is now reddish with new rashes again.
Pls what else can I use/do?
I didn't experience this for my other kids as i change diapers very regularly.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AUNTYLLAI: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
Good day my fellow mummy's in the house, I was here 12months ago.sorry I know this is not the right place to ask,but it is the only active platform of mummys here and I know I will get answers here.i have a 2and 6months old boy,he is active everything about him is ok,but the problem is he Can't talk properly,the only words he can say is mama, sometimes baba, sometimes say a b c that is all,I took him to see a pediatric doctor last week,she examined him and ask some questions and at the end she says everything is ok,but she gave us a medication for him to take to boost is brain and booked an appointment for us with a neurologist which will be next year match which I think is to far.please my fellow mothers you think there is a problem or is there anything we can do to help him, because the day of the appointment is to far,3months to come.thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funky123(f): 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:
Good day my fellow mummy's in the house, I was here 12months ago.sorry I know this is not the right place to ask,but it is the only active platform of mummys here and I know I will get answers here.i have a 2and 6months old boy,he is active everything about him is ok,but the problem is he Can't talk properly,the only words he can say is mama, sometimes baba, sometimes say a b c that is all,I took him to see a pediatric doctor last week,she examined him and ask some questions and at the end she says everything is ok,but she gave us a medication for him to take to boost is brain and booked an appointment for us with a neurologist which will be next year match which I think is to far.please my fellow mothers you think there is a problem or is there anything we can do to help him, because the day of the appointment is to far,3months to come.thank you

I would say talk talk talk, continue to talk to him, say words and ask him to repeat after you, if he’s using tablet, reduce the time he’s using it and talk to him more
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AUNTYLLAI: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2023
I would say talk talk talk, continue to talk to him, say words and ask him to repeat after you, if he’s using tablet, reduce the time he’s using it and talk to him more
[/quote] thank you ma'am,I really appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by futuremoma34: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:

Mama calm down..some children are like that. My daughter is 4 years old. She just started talking the one I can understand. I know as mum you will be worried. But don't over do it. As far as the doctor has certified ook. Just exercise a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot of patience.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2023
Esetim:
I have even stopped using blue seal vaseline as they said it may be fake, and currently using original coconut oil.
It appeared to be clearing off initially, but the place is now reddish with new rashes again.
I use Vegas cream for my son. It's a small container sold for N200 with vaseline and he has no rash.
You can still leave the place to diaper free when the baby's home for now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AUNTYLLAI: 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2023
[Thank you so much,I will,thank you with the advice,I am really grateful.quote author=futuremoma34 post=127352215]

Mama calm down..some children are like that. My daughter is 4 years old. She just started talking the one I can understand. I know as mum you will be worried. But don't over do it. As far as the doctor has certified ook. Just exercise a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot of patience. [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esetim(f): 10:25am On Dec 07, 2023
Esthered:

I use Vegas cream for my son. It's a small container sold for N200 with vaseline and he has no rash.
You can still leave the place to diaper free when the baby's home for now.

Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:
Like the mamas have said always talk to him and if possible stop screen time when he is around,let him play well with his agemates he will learn new words everyday for now let him do more of play and talk

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Esetim:
Have u try Sudocream? It really helped my baby when she had diaper rash, Neoskin is also very good

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AUNTYLLAI: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
[ok ma'am,I will I really appreciate.thank you so much quote author=Tinudesi post=127361450]
Like the mamas have said always talk to him and if possible stop screen time when he is around,let him play well with his agemates he will learn new words everyday for now let him do more of play and talk[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damselicious1(f): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
Esetim:
Good evening sis
I think you should try using kiss kid diaper ...it's really soft on baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigsmoke2(m): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jemimahgogo:
Please I want to ask, after an episiotomy, will my jajiana ever return to normal again. Because me I'm tired.
When does the pain and discomfort end? cry cry cry cry
It will return if the repair was properly done. Avoid starting other room activities too early so it doesn't break down. Try doing sitz bath and make sure you keep the place free from germs. Take vitamins c daily it helps with healing.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigsmoke2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
Birdsky:
Hello everyone please is it possible to get a positive home based urine test and negative blood test ?
yes it's possible a urinary tract infections amongst Many other things can give you a false positive pregnancy test. The most accurate way to confirm you are pregnant is a scan
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigsmoke2(m): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
SoCalm:
November mamas I want to rant oh… my tired is tired…please someone who has experienced induction should explain to me how its done. Is it really more painful than labour?
Induction of labour is necessary when your due date has passed.usually done between 5 to 10 days after your due date if you don't fall into labour. you would normally be admitted a day before and a rubber will be put up in your vjay the night before . By morning the drip will be put up for you which will make you have contractions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mommafertile: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hello! How are you doing?
Did you want us to send our stories personally to you or you are just requesting for permission to use the stories on your blog?
You can use my birth story on your blog as I know it will be useful to someone out there.

Boliboli760:
Good morning everyone, pray we are all doing well with family. Congratulations to the mamas and papas in the house, and the mamas and papas still enjoying the bliss of pregnancy please continue to work and pray hard to get the non-traumatic birth experience you deserve.

I am tagging some mamas and papas in the house who have shared their super amazing birth stories in 2023 to join me on Afribirther podcast. This is for us to converse on experiences, lesson learnt, advice, learn, gist on anything and everything. I think it would be beneficial for present and future generations in Nigeria and across Africa to establish a robust online repository for our collective birth and family narratives. I tried sending messages privately on nairaland but it seems you can't send a personal message to individuals on the forum.

P.S.: If you incorporated a birth story before 2023 or didn't have the opportunity to share your birth story when your baby arrived, and you now wish to share your experiences or engage in discussions, I would truly appreciate hearing from you.

Please get in touch with me on @afribirther on instagram , Email; reachout@afribirther.org

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
bigsmoke2:

Induction of labour is necessary when your due date has passed.usually done between 5 to 10 days after your due date if you don't fall into labour. you would normally be admitted a day before and a rubber will be put up in your vjay the night before . By morning the drip will be put up for you which will make you have contractions.
it actually depends on d induction method d hospital in question use, not all hospital use d rubber/ balloon method, my hospital usually induce with Cytotec tablet and later augment with Oxytocin drip if d labour progresses
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esetim(f): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pweetiebabe:
Have u try Sudocream? It really helped my baby when she had diaper rash, Neoskin is also very good

Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esetim(f): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
damselicious1:

Good evening sis
I think you should try using kiss kid diaper ...it's really soft on baby

I didn't like my last experience with kids kids. I'll get the small pack to retry.
Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 1:40am On Dec 08, 2023
mommafertile:
Hello! How are you doing?
Did you want us to send our stories personally to you or you are just requesting for permission to use the stories on your blog?
You can use my birth story on your blog as I know it will be useful to someone out there.

@mommafertile I'm doing well, thank you. I hope you are too. You are right, it will be very useful. I appreciate your consent, and I extend my gratitude to everyone who has reached out.

Afribirther encompasses a blog covering a wide range of topics from pregnancy to babies to family, a forum for open discussions, education, questions, and venting, and a podcast delving into deep topics. Although still in its early stages, I believe it will become a valuable archive.

For those who wish to share their stories personally, I've provided my email and Instagram. Currently, only 2023 birth stories are uploaded on the forum, and I invite anyone with 2023 or earlier birth stories to connect. I recently created a PODCAST for us to discuss and dissect our birth stories, share experiences, lessons learned, and more. I'd love to have you on board, so feel free to reach out whenever you can.

You can share your birth story via the provided email, through direct message on Instagram, or ideally, by adding it to your birth month topic or opening a new topic on the website forum.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teewhyjo(f): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Good evening everyone, pls I need ur help am almost due for delivery but d last scan I did said d aminiotic fluid is too much. Who as experience dis and how did u go Abt it. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
Good evening everyone, saluting all the preggies and the TTCs here.
Any of my old teamies here? Dec 2015/ Feb 2018 set.
FloraEC, zaynie, nnekakie, tatacherie, ahnie, in fact too numerous to mention, i remove headrest for you all.
Have missed this thread, hope the love is still as strong here.
Have a good night rest all ❤️

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6937) (6938) (6939) (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.