Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

What is Flirting? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What is Flirting? (2681 Views)

Revealed! 15 Signs A Woman Is Flirting With You. Don't miss this. See photos.... / My Boyfriend's Father Is Flirting With Me. / 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is Flirting? by Ejyro(f): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2005
Ladies and Gentlemen, what is the meaning of Flirting?

Should I start?
Re: What is Flirting? by Ejyro(f): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2005
Well.................hmmmmmmmm I think to flirt means to date someone when there is no intention of getting married to such person. It can also be reffered to as 'fling'. To toil with someone's heart, knowing quite well things will not work out between you and such a person.

That's what I think.
Re: What is Flirting? by Seun(m): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2005
You're very far from it! See dictionary.com
Re: What is Flirting? by jogego(m): 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2005
Haba flirting is definitely not the same as having as relationship. Flirting has to do more with innuendo, rather than actual dating. FLirting can be innocent with nothing concrete coming from it, or it can progress to ................

I leave the rest to your imagination
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2005
I flirt on daily basis. That don't mean i have to have a great relationship with the person. Flirting is just for the fun of it.. or it could lead you somewhere. Flirting blah blah.
Re: What is Flirting? by JungleQueen(f): 4:06am On Jul 17, 2005
I think i will agree with you Ejyro. And i think flirting is bad because toiling with someones heart is not good at all.
Re: What is Flirting? by shockreaction(m): 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2005
Erm... flirting is not "toiling" with someone's heart. Flirting is more like, playing with someone, and you don't necessarily have to be in a relationship with someone to flirt with that person. Of course, you can also flirt with your significant other.
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2005
flirting has nothing to do with toiling.
Re: What is Flirting? by Chxta(m): 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2005
I agree with the dictionary definition...
Re: What is Flirting? by pkrix(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2005
Flirting means fraternizing with somebody you supposedly should not fraternize with.

criticise: I was in hurry.
Re: What is Flirting? by Chxta(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2005
Not necessarily.. and it can be harmless. I'd leave my girl soon if other guys don't admire her, and admiration is usually expressed by flirting.

@Seun, when you say copyrighted are you talking about the transfer news or the news on Oruma and Taiwo?
Re: What is Flirting? by tayotina(f): 10:09am On Jul 18, 2005
I enjoy flirting. It's harmless. Infact I do it a lot. There's nothing wrong with it. It is just playing with someone as shockreaction rightly said. But one needs to be careful so you don't fall in love with whoever you are flirting with. I know what am talking about. (It has ever happened to me)
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2005
Tayo just said my mind. I flirt alot, but you just have to careful. Damn! Careful indeed... flirting could be dangerous. (speaking form experience...haha). Actually undergoing some consequences of flirting now.

Can somebody push me to bed?? I freaking need to sleep. it's 5:06am.
Re: What is Flirting? by bootysue(f): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2005
u are dammed right hot angel, u can't eat ur cake and have it all the time. i was nothing but a tease and used to love flirting alot (even unintentionally)but one day i decided i had done enough. why would anyone want to cause some brother any trouble anyway?

dont get me wrong, i still find myself doing it once a while but i just tend to curb it as quickly as i see that jezebel thing preparing to attack. lipsrsealed

dont start what you wont finish mates.
Re: What is Flirting? by Pinky(f): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2005
flirting grin grin.......i do it unintentionally...God knows i don't actually like it, but then.. guys mistaken my bating of eyelids, body movement, sucking in of my lipsĀ  e.t.c{i guess all this re part of flirting} as flirting with them..meaning at times, i give them the very wrong impressions making them come strong on me.... so girls..... flirting can bring unnecessary attention rolleyesbeware
Re: What is Flirting? by Ejyro(f): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2005
hello people,

Take it easy with me. I didn't say my definition of flirting was correct, did I? That is how I view it and I expected you to give your own opinion.
Re: What is Flirting? by jogego(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2005
Ejyroooooooooooo welcome back oh!!!!!!!!!
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 4:28am On Jul 19, 2005
bootysue and pinky.. you are so right, I am going through consequences of flirting now, it's hard to clear up the trash with guys.. this is just flirting.
Re: What is Flirting? by babygirl(f): 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2005
i think is just the act of making playfully romantic or sexual overtures
its DANGEROUS
Nemesis will always catch up one day.
Re: What is Flirting? by dayojong(m): 4:36am On Jul 22, 2005
Ladies, ladies, so u mean flirting is not dangerous for men too?...esp married men?..u kept talking about how YOU 'go through' the consequences. See...whenever I'm on a looong fuel queue, i discovered tha i can shunt my car ahead towards the pump by simply flirting a litle bit wih the female pump attendant...my wife hates it of course, but hey it has it's rewards. Whatcha think?...Hey Tayo...nice to see u in here again!
Re: What is Flirting? by tayotina(f): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2005
Welcome back Dayo.....nice to see you here too wink. Just becareful bout the way you flirt with female pump attendants...you know......... To be cont'd...privately smiley wink
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2005
ok. both of u know each other
Re: What is Flirting? by dayojong(m): 3:42am On Jul 23, 2005
@hot-angel. Yeah..me and Tayo go back a long way...we used to flirt...maybe u ppl want to hear about it...if she's willing to talk about 'us' in the forum. Tayo what do u think?
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 4:08am On Jul 23, 2005
I don't think she wanna do that.
Re: What is Flirting? by loma(m): 4:12am On Jul 23, 2005
my ears are blocked. Go on...
Re: What is Flirting? by hotangel2(f): 4:18am On Jul 23, 2005
you wanna hear uh?? See his face!!
Re: What is Flirting? by dayojong(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2005
Nah...I ain't talking...Ioma, u can't pay me enough to hear it, and Tayo will kill me...remember..''hell hath no fury like a woman......''
Re: What is Flirting? by kazey(m): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2005
playing arround with your lady friend, just to make her laugh and make her head swell, as if you are interested , but actually you are not. My own meaning grin
Re: What is Flirting? by tayotina(f): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2005
Loma don't mind hotangel, I will pm you later and give you the details wink If that's ok by Dayo.... smiley
Re: What is Flirting? by CalabarMan(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2005
Flirting is a way of testing the market to know your true worth.

In the business world you often go out into the market tendering to see if you are still getting a good price from your regular vendors, flirting is the same, provided you don't take it further....
Re: What is Flirting? by twinkledew(f): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2005
does Flirting have to do with kissing or shagging?
Re: What is Flirting? by CalabarMan(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2005
No I don't think so. it is all about leading the person on or giving them ideas without any intention(at least initially) of going any further, but if you go further and kiss, smooch and feel without going further then it's teasing. By the way there is a thin line between flirting and teasing

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Dump Me Because I Have Hnd / Marriage Is Not What It Should Be / She Said It Doesn't Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.