Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

In Love With Your Best Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love With Your Best Friend (2682 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / 11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / I Am In Love With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love With Your Best Friend by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2005
if there is something I've experienced is that if you fall in love with your best friend be ready to face hell. if the story goes bad you'll lose a guy and a friend. so from my past I've learnt that if such a thing should happen, you had better forget and pretend nothing has happen. i prefer to have him just as s friend than to lose him forever.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by layi(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2005
There is no better person to fall in love with than your best friend. My wife would surely be my best friend
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by snazzydawn(f): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2005
mich wud u marry a total stranger?hmmmm abeg u take layi's advice,mbok
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2005
no snazzy, your best friend is always your best friend. the border between friendship and love is very thin and sometimes we tend to confuse them. i had that type of experience and due to that i have decided that i'll never date my best friend.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Outkast(f): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2005
My sister married her best-friend and they've been happily married now for 7 years. As she says, at first they were confused,noone wanted to mess up their friendship. My sister also didn't think she'd see him any other light. She'd try to think about him in a romantic way,but it never stuck,she knew she lhad deeper feelings.Anyway,to cut the long story short,Peter persisted until my sister couldn't help herself. Sometimes it works out,sometimes it doesn't
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by layi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2005
Whether she agrees to marry you or not is a different topic. My point is-she's the best candidate for the job [wife]
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by kenflavor(m): 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2005
GBA!!! that is the fact. ODODO ORO
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by layi(m): 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2005
Ose Ose Omobanke grin
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by tiwa(f): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2005
i think it is normal and it is also kind of awkward to fall in love with a best friend. For instance if a girl's best friend is a guy and she already have a boyfriend do u think it is normal to fall in love with the friend?
but i agree with the fact that either my husband/fiance will be moi best mon ami (best friend). Is good innit?
[/i] cheesy
But then it is a very good question. 'Cos it happens anyway to be sincere[/color][/color][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Seun(m): 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2005
There is absolutely no difference between love and friendship. Friendship is what love aspires to but passion makes us reason like animals and crave relationships that are not realistic. If you don't marry a friend, how's your marriage going to last? Or perhaps you are one of those people who believe that love is not meant to last, michelin89?
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2005
I do believe in everlasting love of course but what I'm saying is that we met and knew each other as friends and didn't have intentions to date. but now i have started to see him in a different way. there is diff between friendship and love Seun but like I said it's so small that we confuse these feelings. Even when i was still dating he never stopped being my best friend. The story is over now but he is still with me. I care for him a lot and won't do anything to compromise our friendship though this means to carry these heavy feelings on my shoulders till the fade.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2005
All I know is that if you have a friend like that, you should marry him when you're older or else it's going to end in a very painful way.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Bishop4u(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2005
Well, baby I dont see any thing bad falling in love with your best friend because you can not marry someboby without the the person been your best friend. It's a small world, you dont know who is your friends best friends.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Seun(m): 9:01am On Dec 11, 2005
I might have been too aggressive on my previous posts on this thread. Sorry michelin89, it happens.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2005
no probs admin cheesy
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by muyeskin(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2007
Well to my own opinion, Falling in love with ur best friend is the best thing on earth. Because by then, u will have both understood urself to a well confidential level.
I am looking forward to date one of my best friends,
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Adetife: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2007
Falling in luv wit yo best friend has it's benefits, but if it doesn't work yes be prepared to loose a dear friend as the relationship will not revert back to what it used to be. Life is about taking chances u never know until u try!!
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by dupebaby(m): 3:21pm On May 01, 2007
Right now, im goin out with my bestfriend, we've been friends for five years, but been goin out for almost one year now, there is no man in this world that will know u better but ur bestfriend, grin cheesy wink
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by kellivcrav: 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2008
I am pretty sure im in love with my best friend and I think he may love me too, but im not sure. Sometimes me and him are akward because the reasons we became friends in the first is because we liked eachother, but in the end decided not to be together.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by sheyee(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2009
Why should a guy be your best friend at the first instance?
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by JazzFreak(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2009
Na who you for marry ? your enemy ! grin

sheyee:

Why should a guy be your best friend at the first instance?

Best Friends are always the best option, why ?
both parties know one another well; since they've been confortable as friends for a well, then it should be marital bliss.
Do you know that likeness amongst friends can be more endearing than love.
The comradeship is always tight over many years.
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by iammodel(m): 12:42am On Sep 13, 2009
NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY THE FRIENDSHIP I NURTURED, HOPING TO GROW INTO A BLOSSOMING RELATIONSHIP DIDN'T WORK OUT.
SHE PREFER WE REMAIN FRIENDS.
@MICHELIN89. IT'S THE BEST THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO YOU, BELEIVE ME.FALLING IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE THAT
HAS COME SO FAR TO UNDERSATNDING YOU.
THE WORST THING IS THAT, THIS GIRL IS DATING SOMEONE ELSE AND STILL COME FOR COMFORT,AS FRIENDS EACH TIME SHE'S HURT.
WHY NOT JUST STAY WITH SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU , AND HURT YOU THE LESS?
MICHELIN89, WHAT'S UR FEAR IN DATING YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 13, 2009
i_am_model:

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY THE FRIENDSHIP I NURTURED, HOPING TO GROW INTO A BLOSSOMING RELATIONSHIP DIDN'T WORK OUT.
SHE PREFER WE REMAIN FRIENDS.
@MICHELIN89. IT'S THE BEST THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO YOU, BELEIVE ME.FALLING IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE THAT
HAS COME SO FAR TO UNDERSATNDING YOU.
THE WORST THING IS THAT, THIS GIRL IS DATING SOMEONE ELSE AND STILL COME FOR COMFORT,AS FRIENDS EACH TIME SHE'S HURT.
WHY NOT JUST STAY WITH SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU , AND HURT YOU THE LESS?
MICHELIN89, WHAT'S your FEAR IN DATING YOUR BEST FRIEND?

I don't risk friendship for a temporary thing like love. No way!
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by TheSeeker(m): 12:46am On Sep 13, 2009
Who is the Jesus Christ, son of Joseph, the carpenter that went all the way to raise this post, Lazarus, from the dead? angry angry
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 13, 2009
TheSeeker:

Who is the Jesus Christ, son of Joseph, the carpenter that went all the way to raise this post, Lazarus, from the dead? angry angry

You don find wetin you dey seek?
Re: In Love With Your Best Friend by TheSeeker(m): 12:49am On Sep 13, 2009
michelin89:

You don find wetin you dey seek?
No, Nairaland is too large a place for me to find what I seek in a year. sad sad Worst it is that I'm not needing any help, not from arrogance but it's family tradition angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Paying Back A Ex / Do "One Naira" Girls Exist? Or Is It Just A Fairytale? / I Am In A Dilemma...pls Advice Needed Urgently...pls Pls Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.