Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother (11553 Views)

My Husband Is Mad @ Me Cos I Carried out A Birth Control Procedure / First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep / A First Time Mother Looking For A Good Hospital And Baby Stuff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by dominobaby(f): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2006
Congrats Consultant, hw's d lil girl doing. Ur story was interesting n its making me luk forward 2 my first n subsequent children, bt wen i think of d pain, am like 'aw!', bt i just gat 2!
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by babymine(f): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2006
Oh my God!! The things women go through! shocked

@ consultant
Congrats! cheesy
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by glamour(f): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2006
congratulation consultant, your story was very intresting and educative.thanks for shearing your espirience.

the area am more intrested in,is the position the baby was when she came out. a friend of mine who delivered 5months ago told me that her baby came out with her hand over her head.i have also heard someothers saying, their baby came out with one hand, one leg and so on.

pls consultant, i will like to know the position ur baby was when she came out.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2006
Thank you glamor. My baby came out head first and i assume, with her hands at her side. There were no complications at all, thank God.

She's now four months old and a big bundle of joy. Here are a few pictures.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Zahymaka(m): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2006
That's nice Consultant. I can't say who's cuter in the pics -- the mother or the baby cheesy
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2006
Aaawwww! I'm blushing embarassed Thanks.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Zahymaka(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2006
Blush on cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. I'd like my wife to wear such a proud mother look on her face in her own time [which should be twenty years from now].
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by chinani(f): 2:13am On Apr 28, 2006
Consultant, lovely, lovely pics! She looks like you sha! You have alot to be proud of. And I see you are wasting no time -- teaching her to type and such -- these Naija mothers ya'll! grin Keep it up~ kiss
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by glamour(f): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2006
hummm  Lizzy is realy  cute and  u look gorgeous. It was realy kind of her to come out that way, that's great. Thank God for the safe delivery. Give Lizzy this  kiss for me.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2006
I see you are wasting no time -- teaching her to type and such

More like she's disturbung us when we try to work smiley. thanks for the compliments.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Zahymaka(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2006
Where's Da-da's picture?
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2006
Sorry Daddy doesn't want his pics on the internet. That's half of him holding Lizzy over the computer cheesy
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Zahymaka(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2006
Oh. I'm paranoid about putting up my pics on the internet too.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by glamour(f): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2006
Zahymaka:
Oh. I'm paranoid about putting up my pics on the internet t

shocked
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Zahymaka(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2006
Security reasons -- although I do have my pic on my Nairaland profile.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Seun(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2007
How's the baby doing?
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by agnesoseka: 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2007
Awesome story, gurrrrr im imaginign, d rigours of childbirth, Congrts, ur even lucky to have a husband who appreciates being with u all tru,some men don't even give a damn,
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Ronkus(f): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2007
Congrats consultant that was a touching story. May ur daughter bring u endless joy and peace. The parrt of the story I had problems with was the handpoking( fist poking) into the u no where, which one be that one again. Altho a friend told me the same thing I thot it was just Nigerian doctors trying to be funny now this. Me I go rake when my time come o. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah just kidding but its a bit unsettling I cant seem to get past it. Congrats once again, wish u all the best in ur future births. wink
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2007
Congrats consultant that was a touching story. May your daughter bring u endless joy and peace. The parrt of the story I had problems with was the handpoking( fist poking) into the u no where, which one be that one again. Altho a friend told me the same thing I thot it was just Nigerian doctors trying to be funny now this. Me I go rake when my time come o. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah just kidding but its a bit unsettling I can't seem to get past it. Congrats once again, wish u all the best in your future births.

Ronkus,

Don't worry. Just pray that your baby comes out in good time. As long as you are not induced, there will be no fist poking whatsoever cheesy.

@ Seun, my little girl is doing awesome, thanks. She is now 1 yr and 3 months, with 6 teeth and she can't stop walking up and down the house or talking. Her favorite word is mummy (which in her mind, I think means - I want that, NOW!), Having her has been a joy, I think I am just about ready to try again, so look for a sequel wink.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Epiphany(m): 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2007
Hey Consultant,

That was a lovely story, which i think my wife has to read. She is dead scared of the pain and often jokes about having a C-section. We've been married about 2 years now but still have not gotten down to having the baby yet. Needless to say, my parents are miffed, but thats their business.

Whichever way, i have told her that i will be there with her when she is having the baby. I must get her to read your story.

Hope your little girl is a bundle of joy. I want a girl too and have already given her a name.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by monshege: 6:38am On Apr 12, 2007
consultant,
this is quite a touching story and i wish you and your family all the best. i am always scared to read about delivery stories, i had to go through the comments before i read your story. i had stayed with a friend in the delivery room while she was giving birth but i didnt really understand what she was going through--i just saw it that she was a strong woman who was just groaning and didnt cry (she was given the anesthesia but it didnt have any effect on her too). Now i know there could be more to it like biting your lips when you would wish to cuss everyone around.
by the way, do you think there is a way the pregnant mother can be made to sleep until it was time to push to avoid feeling the pain?
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by adeboo(f): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2007
Oh ma goodness girl, congratulations - oh how you have woken me back to my senses cause i had been feeling very broody.

But children are a joy, its amazing the way they grow up and start looking kike their parents - its just amazing.

And another wonder is that once you push and the head is out, every single pain you had been feeling stops like magic.

Wow that was a nice read- i felt like i was there with you on that day.

Congratulations again and we eagerly await the birth of baby number two grin
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by nezerst(f): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2007
Your story is awesome! Cant wait to have my baby.
Curious about one thing though, is childbirth as painful as people paint it to be?
If its that painful how come my mama had to go thru that painful experience TEN times?
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by adeboo(f): 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2007
nezerst:

Your story is awesome! Cant wait to have my baby.
Curious about one thing though, is childbirth as painful as people paint it to be?
If its that painful how come my mama had to go through that painful experience TEN times?

lol. Oh ma goodness TEN! your mum must love babies.

But different women and different pregnancies, they say no pregnancy is the same.

I have a friend that looses weight as soon as she gets pregnant, she gets slim and stays in the hospital for the whole nine months.
Then i have another woman that has a baby every year, she doesnt get bothered by her pregnancy.

So they are all different.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by fellybabe(f): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2007
congrats
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 12:56am On Apr 19, 2007
do you think there is a way the pregnant mother can be made to sleep until it was time to push to avoid feeling the pain?

Well, it won't exactly put you to sleep but an epidural does remove the pain associated with childbirth. It has its risks though, which is why I opted not to have one.

If its that painful how come my mama had to go through that painful experience TEN times?

My dear, childbirth is painful o. It's just that like all pain, it is temporary and after a while you forget. Plus the joy of motherhood overshadows the pain of childbirth. As for your mother, all I can say is she is one strong woman.
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by titilayomi(f): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2007
hmmmm cry
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by uchetobi(f): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2007
Congrats consultant. You see iv always been scared of child birth (in advance cuz am unmarried. Am 21) cuz I have terrible, devilish menstrual pain. To the extent I take IV for them (its actually easing now; some months are bearable while some are not) but it always make me wonder and fear about how labor will be. Then also iv been at the hospital when a woman was giving birth, screaming heart wrenchingly and the nurses were slapping her. It was torture for me to watch. I wish there was a round about way to it. Anyhow I guess il find out some day. Congrats once again. Its an achievement
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Sissy3(f): 8:47pm On May 23, 2009
very interesting and detailed wink
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Nezed(f): 11:21am On May 25, 2009
Congratulations!
Whew, guess looking in2 ur baby's eyes and hearin her laugh is worth all the effort huh?

Truth be told? i actually read ur story and stopped at the point of : 'At about 7 p.m., the string thing was inserted into my uterus"
Reason: i cant bring myself to read, watch, imagine and think of childbirth and its graphic descriptions.
child birth scares the hell out of mi, the pain, pushing, possible death of mother or child, etc,
pls am i okay? am engaged and wld be tying the knot soonest, hw can i remove dis fear?
pls respond!
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Sissy3(f): 10:59pm On May 25, 2009
being scared of birthday is normal, just that some women are more scared than others. some women are scared for it because to them it is the great unknown. however, dont let the fear of pushing deter you from it. it is all worth it at the end
Re: A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother by Consultant(f): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2009
Hi,

I just saw the updates to this ooooooold post. I don't think you really get rid of fears, I think you just have to draw on your courage and do what you have to, regardless of any fear you may feel.

Well, updates, I had my second child this year. Again, no epidural. And unfortunately for me, a different pain killer, (I found out that the last time, I got phenergan, and that's why I was so sleepy), so I was wide awake through it all. How did I manage the pain? TV. Seriously. I was watching "the price is right", my favorite game show while I was pushing. I even managed some comments - groooaaaan, why is she bidding that stupid price, grooaaan, breeeaaatheee, what a crappy prize, I would get the price wrong so that I don't have to take that home with me, breeeaaathhe, groooaaaan. Anyway, you get the picture.

So now I have two bundles of joy, and I tell you AGAIN, it is definitely worth the pain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Get Your Ex To Stay away From You? / Father's Day: What Do You Love Most About Your Dad? / Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.