Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan (5615 Views)

VP Sambo Held Hostage In Kano / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
The retardeen is trully daft. Thats a fact.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2012
naijaking1:

Unfortunately, even the so-called moderator is so politicaly myopic that he doesn't even understand the virtues involved when the president has the nerves and the honesty to said, "I take the blame for all that happens in my country" Like LBJ, GEJ knows that the bucks stop at his table. If you don't undersatnd it, please do yourself a favor a get educated.
If he resigns over a killing by Hausa criminals in Sokoto, then you'll replace him with Tinubu the drug pusher?

Myopic? Because I advice him to do the honorable thing? Yes the buck stops at his desk, that is why he he shouldn't just accept the blame for failed rescue mission but for all the security lapses involving Boko Haram and follow it up with his resignation.

You my friend is the myopic one for your inability to see that our president is incompetent in handling security matters. From "We are on top of the situation" to "we know they are" to "We have to live with bombings" to "Let is pray that they repent" to "We will not dialogue with them" and now "We are begging them"

What has Tinubu got to do with my comment? Put off your ethnocentric goggle so you can see clearly.

And what does my personal opinion got to do with my moderator role?
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
wesley80:

You should take the blame as the Mod for the frequent tribal jibes and ever increasing number of bigots this section has been continuously sprouting and do us all a favour by tendering your resignation letter. It would be most honourable, or does anyone need to tell you you've Failed? How do I sound?

No, no one has told me I've failed. It does not matter if you think so, it will only be your respected opinion, until the owner of the site thinks so.

So wait until Admin complains and holds me responsible for frequent tribal jibes and the ever increasing number of bigots in this section and see if I will open my mouth like GEJ to accept the blame. Then you can advice me to resign.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
dadicvila: so your father will take over abi??you will not blame the people that promised to make the country ungovernable

If GEJ cannot handle/deal with those who promised to make the country ungovernable then he is unfit to be the C in C.

I will let your parental insult pass this time, but don't get used to it, cos it will earn you a ban when you try it next time with any poster.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva: Na my papa i for blame before?

You no go kill person- LOL. Who are those people attacking OAM4J? He has a right to his opinion.

2015 is going to be something else. Imagine this guy looking for a second term. It isn't going to be funny. Nigeria looks set to make the Arab spring look like child's play.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by maclatunji: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
OAM4J:

If GEJ cannot handle/deal with those who promised to make the country ungovernable then he is unfit to be the C in C.

I will let your parental insult pass this time, but don't get used to it, cos it will earn you a ban when you try it next time with any poster.

@bolded, you are saying something I have said for about 12 months. What has caused the change in your outlook?
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
Gej wants his own share of the blame o.. The world has been unfair to him nau.. How can they only be blaming the U.K guy and forgeting our very own uncle joe. Is it because he is black? Lol. The guy's got to speak up for his right nau simple.. ''na me nd cameron do am.. Now na onli him dem d talk about... Make una giv me my own 'blame' jor.." lol. Is that to dificult to grant him?
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2012
OAM4J:

ban his dumbo asss now. we have rules that are meant to be obeyed. you are a mod to enforce those rules and not the merciful
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, you are saying something I have said for about 12 months. What has caused the change in your outlook?

I have maintained that stand since the pre and post election violence. He is the C in C for God's sake, he should stop blaming others but deal with the situation and if he cannot, he should resign. Today he want us to believe its IBB responsible for the bombings at another time he wants us blame Buhari for the violence because Buhari is a bad loser. Who cares who is responsible, he should just deal with the situation that is why he is C in C.

And for those with ethnic lenses, Donald Duke another SS person was the 1st to publicly tell GEJ how weak he was when he was blaming the so called cabals for his indecisiveness as the then Acting President.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by nagoma(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
One thing is clear. If the rescue was a success the credit wold have gone to Britain.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by maclatunji: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2012
OAM4J:

I have maintained that stand since the pre and post election violence. He is the C in C for God's sake, he should stop blaming others but deal with the situation and if he cannot, he should resign. Today he want us to believe its IBB responsible for the bombings at another time he wants us blame Buhari for the violence because Buhari is a bad loser. Who cares who is responsible, he should just deal with the situation that is why he is C in C.

And for those with ethnic lenses, Donald Duke another SS person was the 1st to public tell GEJ how weak he was when he was blaming the so called cabals for his indecisiveness as the then Acting President.

I am too lazy to check your antecedents on the issue but since you have said this. I will take your word for it. This country is truly messed-up, that is all I can say. In fact, I am hardly interested in Nigerian political issues at the moment, it is all one big tragic-joke!
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
maclatunji:

I am too lazy to check your antecedents on the issue but since you have said this. I will take your word for it. This country is truly messed-up, that is all I can say. In fact, I am hardly interested in Nigerian political issues at the moment, it is all one big tragic-joke!

OK no problem.

Check this out : Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness!
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by sunkoye: 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
see o, as if he is doin us a favour blaming himself. mitshewww.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by bakila: 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
alex406: Kudos to mr president for taking the bold step by accepting the blame instead of looking for excuses,at least we all make mistakes bt hardly accept our incompetence.
Accept our incompetence is it.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
wesley80:

You should take the blame as the Mod for the frequent tribal jibes and ever increasing number of bigots this section has been continuously sprouting and do us all a favour by tendering your resignation letter. It would be most honourable, or does anyone need to tell you you've Failed? [size=18pt]How do I sound?[/size]

[size=18pt]You sound R33TARDED.[/size]

What tool does OAMJ have to curb it, compared to the Commander in CHief of All Armed forces in Nigeria
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by wesley80(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2012
OAM4J:

No, no one has told me I've failed. It does not matter if you think so, it will only be your respected opinion, until the owner of the site thinks so.

So wait until Admin complains and holds me responsible for frequent tribal jibes and the ever increasing number of bigots in this section and see if I will open my mouth like GEJ to accept the blame. Then you can advice me to resign.

No one has told Jonathan that he's failed either (at least non one that actually matters!) it doesnt matter if 99% of those in the SW and North think so. Most of the criticisms he's faced have been extremely naive and in most cases than not, fuelled by sectionalism and some sinister desire to pick on a President perceived as being 'weak'.
Wait till your duly elected National Assembly passes a vote of no confidence on his leadership and his cabinet follows suit and see if he'll require OAMJ4 to tell him about resignation!
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by naijaking1: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
OAM4J:

Myopic? Because I advice him to do the honorable thing? Yes the buck stops at his desk, that is why he he shouldn't just accept the blame for failed rescue mission but for all the security lapses involving Boko Haram and follow it up with his resignation.

You my friend is the myopic one for your inability to see that our president is incompetent in handling security matters. From "We are on top of the situation" to "we know they are" to "We have to live with bombings" to "Let is pray that they repent" to "We will not dialogue with them" and now "We are begging them"

What has Tinubu got to do with my comment? Put off your ethnocentric goggle so you can see clearly.

And what does my personal opinion got to do with my moderator role?

Yes, myopic, because you couldn't free yourself from primitive ethno-regional bias. The first step towards correcting many of the chronic ills of our nation is for some controlling agency to at least take responsibility/blame for it. I know you may not understand, but until an official wakes up in the morning to apologize to Nigerians for the power failure of the previous night, we're certainly going nowhere. Instead of Nigerians to accept blames, they form a circular firing squad and shift the buck around, with the result that at the end of the day, nothing changes, nothing improves, and nobody learns anything.
You certainly have a right to voice your own personal opinion, but you have no right to convert this forum into an all out Yoruba promoting platform. Over my 6-7 years affiliation with N/L, I have seen moderators come and go, but you my friend is one of the most rabid anti-non-yoruba moderators ever to walk the earth.
The result is that the quality of discussion(intellectual)in the forum has continued to decrease as the Dayokanus, Bluethoots, Eko-Iles, oduasoljas of this forum have increased. As a result of this, reactionary ethnic promotions and bias has become the order of the day for other tribes in Nigeria, especially Igbo contributors. Also, you seem to confuse yourself as an ACN operative vs N/L moderator.

Finally, why do you think it's more important to make GEJ resign than to ask the opposing muslim Boko Haram operatives to give peace a chance. You have never hidden your disdain for anything and anybody who is not your own tribal stock, and that's a big shame. So, if GEJ resigns, then you'll rather have Tinubu or Aregbasola as president?
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by prettyboi1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
This jonathan na bolo. He can accept responsibility for the lives of innocent foreigners abi? But the donse & his daft & myopic followers/supporters would always be the first to say "why should you blame Jonathan for boko haram attacks? Is he god?" He's not god,but he cannot accept responsibility for his GROSS FAILURE & the death of his own people but happily did accept responsibility for the death of foreigners. And people go still vote this mumu again.......na wa o.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by wesley80(m): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
naijaking1:

Yes, myopic, because you couldn't free yourself from primitive ethno-regional bias. The first step towards correcting many of the chronic ills of our nation is for some controlling agency to at least take responsibility/blame for it. I know you may not understand, but until an official wakes up in the morning to apologize to Nigerians for the power failure of the previous night, we're certainly going nowhere. Instead of Nigerians to accept blames, they form a circular firing squad and shift the buck around, with the result that at the end of the day, nothing changes, nothing improves, and nobody learns anything.
You certainly have a right to voice your own personal opinion, but you have no right to convert this forum into an all out Yoruba promoting platform. Over my 6-7 years affiliation with N/L, I have seen moderators come and go, but you my friend is one of the most rabid anti-non-yoruba moderators ever to walk the earth.
The result is that the quality of discussion(intellectual)in the forum has continued to decrease as the Dayokanus, Bluethoots, Eko-Iles, oduasoljas of this forum have increased. As a result of this, reactionary ethnic promotions and bias has become the order of the day for other tribes in Nigeria, especially Igbo contributors. Also, you seem to confuse yourself as an ACN operative vs N/L moderator.

Finally, why do you think it's more important to make GEJ resign than to ask the opposing muslim Boko Haram operatives to give peace a chance. You have never hidden your disdain for anything and anybody who is not your own tribal stock, and that's a big shame. So, if GEJ resigns, then you'll rather have Tinubu or Aregbasola as president?

Hmm, very weighty allegations i must say. OAM4J has always come across as a very decent fellow unlike his contemporaries including our Poster of the year - who thankfully seems to have gone on self imposed exile, the small price for a successful campaign of deception - who constantly emit the pungent odour of unapologetic closet bigots. I've however found the comfort in which the worse tribalists on this board have been accommodated startling.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Beaf: 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
naijaking1:

Every last one of these things needs addressing.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2012
I think this is coming too late. This statement should have come immediately after the debacle was revealed. Instead Nigeria allowed Britain to take the blame for the problem . . . . I applaud David Cameron for stepping out immediately, as he did to announce the blame was his, since the Nigerian side instead chose to blame boko haram. And Italy recognizing this immediately directed it's complaints at Britain and not Nigeria at all.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by maclatunji: 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
naijaking1:

I don't agree with this post, but it is very funny! It got me LOL.

I see that the race for 2015 has already began on Nairaland. Expect the kind of drama you never saw in your life coming soon.

I forecast that the first plot will be to get OAM4J out of the way. I have not been really active here in the last 4-5 months. Hence, I reserve my comments on allegations against him. However, a glance at the politics section seems to show that tribalists from different ethnic groups are flooding the place with hate topics.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by wesley80(m): 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
dayokanu:

[size=18pt]You sound R33TARDED.[/size]

What tool does OAMJ have to curb it, compared to the Commander in CHief of All Armed forces in Nigeria

Lol! I didnt see this response earlier. I was actually counting on an eediot to take the bait how was i to know it was going to be swallowed by our own resident m0ron? You just proved your extreme stewpidity in jumping to answer without pausing to engage your brain cos you inadvertently just said Oam4j sounded like a 'R33TARD' in his first post! Next time, Give your brain a chance; F00l..
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by naijaking1: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
wesley80:

Lol! I didnt see this response earlier. I was actually counting on an eediot to take the bait how was i to know it was going to be swallowed by our own resident m0ron? You just proved your extreme stewpidity in jumping to answer without pausing to engage your brain cos you inadvertently just said Oam4j sounded like a 'R33TARD' in his first post! Next time, Give your brain a chance; F00l..

Ol boy, be careful. Responding to dayokanus' tribal insults and innuendos is one simple way to get banned by 0M4J, while dayokanu himself continues to roam around and insult more people.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by wesley80(m): 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
Kobojunkie: I think this is coming too late. This statement should have come immediately after the debacle was revealed. Instead Nigeria allowed Britain to take the blame for the problem . . . . I applaud David Cameron for stepping out immediately, as he did to announce the blame was his, since the Nigerian side instead chose to blame boko haram. And Italy recognizing this immediately directed it's complaints at Britain and not Nigeria at all.

Nigeria didnt 'allow' Cameron take the blame. Whatever blame he took came his way cos he undertook to make the initial announcement of the failure of the operation and once he did that, there was really no avenue for Gej to share the responsibility for the failure until CNN came calling except thru official channels which i believe was done. This is Nigeria, no one expects our President to go on national tv to announce the death of foreign nationals regardless of where they r from, its sad but true and i assure you Gej would have gotten more flakes if he'd done so.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
wesley80:

Nigeria didnt 'allow' Cameron take the blame. Whatever blame he took came his way cos he undertook to make the initial announcement of the failure of the operation and once he did that, there was really no avenue for Gej to share the responsibility for the failure until CNN came calling except thru official channels which i believe was done. This is Nigeria, no one expects our President to go on national tv to announce the death of foreign nationals regardless of where they r from, its sad but true and i assure you Gej would have gotten more flakes if he'd done so.

Again. . . .

I believe this is coming too late. This statement should have come immediately after the debacle was revealed. Instead Nigeria allowed Britain to take the blame for the problem . . . . I applaud David Cameron for stepping out immediately, as he did to announce the blame was his, since the Nigerian side instead chose to blame boko haram. And Italy recognizing this immediately directed it's complaints at Britain and not Nigeria at all.

The event in question happened IN NIGERIA, not in Britain and so Nigeria should have taken full responsibility, not half, from the very start. Instead Jonathan chose to immediately blame Boko Haram.

Coming out, a week later, to tell us that he is partly to blame does nothing but make an even bigger joke of Nigeria.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by wesley80(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
^ The rescue happened in Nigeria with full participation of British commandos - from that point on, responsibility became shared. Nigeria woundnt have attempted a rescue of foreign nationals under difficult circumstances without express permission from their home government, or can you cite an example where such was done in the past? No, Instead we'd rather pay the ransom and set them free than use force.
Nigeria is a developing country with a myriad of problems, we arent trying to rub shoulders with the west. We've got our own standards and despite how relatively low they are, we are certainly not a joke!
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:
The event in question happened IN NIGERIA, not in Britain and so Nigeria should have taken full responsibility, not half, from the very start. Instead Jonathan chose to immediately blame Boko Haram.

Coming out, a week later, to tell us that he is partly to blame does nothing but make an even bigger joke of Nigeria.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by wesley80(m): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2012

^ The rescue happened in Nigeria with full
participation of British commandos - from that point on, responsibility became shared.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by dadicvila(m): 12:14am On Mar 17, 2012
naijaking1:

ask him oO!when people air views contrary to what he feels is right he threatens them with ban,when his people were insulting ojukwu and raining insults on Mr President and all his Nairaland supporters he never deemed it fit to call them to order,na tribalism go kill us 4 dis country,tufiakwa
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Mar 17, 2012
I believe this is coming too late. This statement should have come immediately after the debacle was revealed. Instead Nigeria allowed Britain to take the blame for the problem . . . . I applaud David Cameron for stepping out immediately, as he did to announce the blame was his, since the Nigerian side instead chose to blame boko haram. And Italy recognizing this immediately directed it's complaints at Britain and not Nigeria at all.

The event in question happened IN NIGERIA, not in Britain, and under the command of the C IN C of Nigeria, and so Nigeria should have taken full responsibility, not half, from the very start. Instead Jonathan chose to immediately blame Boko Haram.

Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 12:58am On Mar 17, 2012
naijaking1:

1. I have a problem debating with people who join issues. If you have a problem with my moderating duties/actions you should have addressed it separately rather than joining it with my post on this topic. There is a complaint thread where you can present your allegation of my bias with facts.

2. I am the last person to be drawn into tribal debates, or have you ever found me join in the debate of which ethnic is better or worse, even before I become a moderator? I am a progressive, I do not care about the ethnicity of whosoever is in government, if he does well he gets my praise and if he doesn't he get my condemnation even if he is a member of my family. When GEJ does a good thing he gets my praise when he is unable to address what he should he gets my condemnation. Like I supported his appointment of the current Police IG, even when many were condemning it, because I briefly witnessed the IG performance while he was the Commissioner of Police in Lagos. Is M.D Abubarka from my ethnic group?

3. I am not a member of any party. I am for the right candidate and not for a party. During the last election I supported Buhari for president, Fashola for Lagos state, Ameachi for Rivers and Chime for Enugu(You can check my post history if you have the time). How does that make me a confused ACN operative or have disdain for anything not my own?

4.You my friend has just shown you are biased, you listed posters only from one side of the coin and failed to list the other posters from the other side as if they are the only ones guilty of tribalism. Well for your information the people you listed including others have bee banned many times this year. I do not check for people's ethnicity before recommending them for a ban when they break the rules.

5. There will always be ethnocentric threads for as long as you people enjoy creating and discussing them. I have no power to stop that. I am tired of reading them cos you people kept saying the same thing I have read from the very 1st month I joined NL. So don't blame the moderators for what you guys enjoy doing. Many of these threads wouldn't have existed or seen the light of the day if you guys don't create them or if you ignore them. You kept telling Seun and the moderators to stop tribalism while in you actions you prove it is what you love doing. How many serious/'intellectual' threads do you people seriously debate on like you do on 'tribal' threads? You don't need Seun or the moderators to stop tribalism. If you don't like it stop it or ignore the threads.

6. Yes GEJ should resign if he is not competent and able to address the situation. I do not care who takes over from him whether his name is Emeka or Sule or Bonyface or Seun as long as he is competent. Unlike you I do not support people because they are from my region or ethnic. I support people I believe are competent and honest. For instance, I will campaign for Chime, Ameachi, Duke, Akpabio and campaign against the likes of Gbenga Daniel and Akala.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Henry Okah's Allegations Are Entirely False - Dr. Reuben Abati / Tambuwal Speech At 2013 Budget Presentation / What The Hell Are Alimajiri Fulani Terrorist Doing In Lekki Victoria Island Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.