Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan (5616 Views)

VP Sambo Held Hostage In Kano / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 2:21am On Mar 17, 2012
dadicvila: ask him oO!when people air views contrary to what he feels is right he threatens them with ban,when his people were insulting ojukwu and raining insults on Mr President and all his Nairaland supporters he never deemed it fit to call them to order,na tribalism go kill us 4 dis country,tufiakwa

Really you people need to grow up and stop being sentimental about everything. I wonder where they got ideeiots like you and naijaking from.

Make your statement and leave, you MUST NOT TRIBALISE/Spam EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON NAIRALAND with tribalism. GROW UP !!!!
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by naijaking1: 3:11am On Mar 17, 2012
OAM4J:

1. I have a problem debating with people who join issues. If you have a problem with my moderating duties/actions you should have addressed it separately rather than joining it with my post on this topic. There is a complaint thread where you can present your allegation of my bias with facts.

2. I am the last person to be drawn into tribal debates, or have you ever found me join in the debate of which ethnic is better or worse, even before I become a moderator? I am a progressive, I do not care about the ethnicity of whosoever is in government, if he does well he gets my praise and if he doesn't he get my condemnation even if he is a member of my family. When GEJ does a good thing he gets my praise when he is unable to address what he should he gets my condemnation. Like I supported his appointment of the current Police IG, even when many were condemning it, because I briefly witnessed the IG performance while he was the Commissioner of Police in Lagos. Is M.D Abubarka from my ethnic group?

3. I am not a member of any party. I am for the right candidate and not for a party. During the last election I supported Buhari for president, Fashola for Lagos state, Ameachi for Rivers and Chime for Enugu(You can check my post history if you have the time). How does that make me a confused ACN operative or have disdain for anything not my own?

4.You my friend has just shown you are biased, you listed posters only from one side of the coin and failed to list the other posters from the other side as if they are the only ones guilty of tribalism. Well for your information the people you listed including others have bee banned many times this year. I do not check for people's ethnicity before recommending them for a ban when they break the rules.

5. There will always be ethnocentric threads for as long as you people enjoy creating and discussing them. I have no power to stop that. I am tired of reading them cos you people kept saying the same thing I have read from the very 1st month I joined NL. So don't blame the moderators for what you guys enjoy doing. Many of these threads wouldn't have existed or seen the light of the day if you guys don't create them or if you ignore them. You kept telling Seun and the moderators to stop tribalism while in you actions you prove it is what you love doing. How many serious/'intellectual' threads do you people seriously debate on like you do on 'tribal' threads? You don't need Seun or the moderators to stop tribalism. If you don't like it stop it or ignore the threads.

6. Yes GEJ should resign if he is not competent and able to address the situation. I do not care who takes over from him whether his name is Emeka or Sule or Bonyface or Seun as long as he is competent. Unlike you I do not support people because they are from my region or ethnic. I support people I believe are competent and honest. For instance, I will campaign for Chime, Ameachi, Duke, Akpabio and campaign against the likes of Gbenga Daniel and Akala.

You know what they say, by their fruit we shall know them. It's true, you may actually think that you're doing such a marvelous job as a moderator, but a cursory look at this section will reveal an escalated incidents of tribal bigotry since you assumed office. Not that i blame you directly, but your passive aggressive take on tribal issues makes everything worse.
You just can't be the referee and the captain of the opposing team at the same time. I can imagine that's why moderating a political section wouldn't be easy. It's not a job for everybody.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:55am On Mar 17, 2012
naijaking1:

You know what they say, by their fruit we shall know them. It's true, you may actually think that you're doing such a marvelous job as a moderator, but a cursory look at this section will reveal an escalated incidents of tribal bigotry since you assumed office. Not that i blame you directly, but your passive aggressive take on tribal issues makes everything worse.
You just can't be the referee and the captain of the opposing team at the same time. I can imagine that's why moderating a political section wouldn't be easy. It's not a job for everybody.

True there is an increase of 'tribal' threads, but like I said don't blame the mods or Seun, blame the people. When I became the mod, if you were around you would have noticed we actually halted the growing 'tribalsm' trend, but shortly after that the section became 'too quiet' cos many posters were not so interested in discussing other non tribal topics which is bad for a forum, so came a policy change to allow people discuss what they want to discuss. Now if you people like screaming the same thing over and over again in hundreds of threads, be our guests, just don't break the rules while at it.

No, I am not a captain, nor a player, not even a spectator. Prove me wrong if you have contrary facts.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Mar 17, 2012
OAM4J:

True there is an increase of 'tribal' threads, but like I said don't blame the mods or Seun, blame the people. When I became the mod, if you were around you would have noticed we actually halted the growing 'tribalsm' trend, but shortly after that the section became 'too quiet' cos many posters were not so interested in discussing other non tribal topics which is bad for a forum, so came a policy change to allow people discuss what they want to discuss. Now if you people like screaming the same thing over and over again in hundreds of threads, be our guests, just don't break the rules while at it.

No, I am not a captain, nor a player, not even a spectator. Prove me wrong if you have contrary facts.

That one na lie. You moderators barely filtered this place a week,before you decided to allow the tribal slurs back in. Same goes for the insults. Heck, I had to start taking matters into my own hands after realizing that Nairaland didn't really care as much as it claimed.

I still do not, for the life of me understand how you moderators can decide that it is OK to allow this stu_pidity continue in a board where it does not even follow. What is political about all that trash? NOTHING, yet you continue to allow it remain in the politics board, why? No rational reason, not even the one you attempt above with the claim that it helps ratings. I mean tribalism can as well have it's own main board out there to garner all the ratings you need it to for you, but keep it away from politics, at least.

When a known tribalist like that one there continue to tell you that you are not doing a good job filtering out tribal posts, I say you may want to thing a bit seriously of what is being said.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 7:10am On Mar 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

That one na lie. You moderators barely filtered this place a week,before you decided to allow the tribal slurs back in. Same goes for the insults. Heck, I had to start taking matters into my own hands after realizing that Nairaland didn't really care as much as it claimed.

I still do not, for the life of me understand how you moderators can decide that it is OK to allow this stu_pidity continue in a board where it does not even follow. What is political about all that trash? NOTHING, yet you continue to allow it remain in the politics board, why? No rational reason, not even the one you attempt above with the claim that it helps ratings. I mean tribalism can as well have it's own main board out there to garner all the ratings you need it to for you, but keep it away from politics, at least.

When a known tribalist like that one there continue to tell you that you are not doing a good job filtering out tribal posts, I say you may want to thing a bit seriously of what is being said.

hmnnnn, I think you are right. I will seek the permission of the site owner to review the policy.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by naijaking1: 7:22am On Mar 17, 2012
OAM4J:

How does openly tribal bashing threads make it to the front page if the moderator is not so compromised?
Why is it easy to allow the few tribal zealots to drown out the voice of the majority? (I know the zealots are a minority because in reality Nigerians, whether Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa, etc largely tolorate each others, not here on N/L)
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by OAM4J: 7:34am On Mar 17, 2012
naijaking1:

How does openly tribal bashing threads make it to the front page if the moderator is not so compromised?
Why is it easy to allow the few tribal zealots to drown out the voice of the majority? (I know the zealots are a minority because in reality Nigerians, whether Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa, etc largely tolorate each others, not here on N/L)

1. How many times am I going to explain to people that moderators do not post threads on home page? Only Admin and Super-Mod do.

2. How did we allow few to drown out the voice of majority? Do we moderators have such powers? I think you are overestimating us.

3. Yes I will be the 1st to agree with you that in real life, many of the ethnics group do not hate themselves. I have many close Igbo friends, was the best man to one not too long ago, my pastor in Nigeria is an Igbo man. So you will never find me in or supporting ethnic bashing threads.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Degis(m): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2012
Mai-suya:
Who authorised the mission- Britain
There were British soldiers involved
British lives involved.
Yet the British PM has not directly claimed responsibility, infact they do not really agree that the failure of the mission was due to them (even though it might be implied) but trust our presido, who should be tactfully dodging such question taking responsibility of a British authirized mission, ONLY OUR LEADERS CAN BE THIS UNDIPLOMATIC.

You are very stupid for this kind of post
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2012
Mai-suya:
Who authorised the mission- Britain
There were British soldiers involved
British lives involved.
Yet the British PM has not directly claimed responsibility, infact they do not really agree that the failure of the mission was due to them (even though it might be implied) but trust our presido, who should be tactfully dodging such question taking responsibility of a British authirized mission, ONLY OUR LEADERS CAN BE THIS UNDIPLOMATIC.

I just saw this ridiculous post and felt to respond to the ape-like suggestions.

How can Britain AUTHORIZE a hit in Nigeria when the Commander-in-Chief and President of Nigeria is in Charge? Why do you folks like to manufacture the most absurd of suggestions just for the heck of it?

The British PM claimed RESPONSIBILITY for the failure immediately the information on what happened was released. Again, why do you folks come up with the most ridiculous for the heck of it? Do you know what the word IMPLIED even means??

Gosh!!! Criminals in Nigeria kidnapped foreigners here. the Crime happened under the watch of the Nigerian President and C-in-C. That Nigerian commandos invited British commandos to go along with them on the rescue mission does not in anyway remove from the fact that this happened in Nigerian territory and under the watch of the Nigerian C-in-C. The intelligence collected was from Nigerian SSS.

If this incident had taken place instead in Britain (if the victims had been Nigerians kidnapped by a British gang and the Nigerian commandos had gone to Britain to help, but failed.),I bet the responses we would have gotten from those of you here making desperate attempts to deflect blame, would be different.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Tulkafia: 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2012
You are right Mr president by take the blam on you to prove your innocentness but in the reallity, your advicers are the ones to blam.

Because.

Ideaology cannever be killed by the gun.

Pahaps, they are politcal gurus, but only idea can kill idea.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Tulkafia: 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
Tul kafia:

Ideaology cannever be killed by the gun.

Paherps, they are politcal gurus, but only an idea can kill ideas.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
Jonathan, na your papa get the presidency abi na him get aso rock? na your family heritage? which kind sit down tight be this now? PLEASE RESIGN FAST AND SHARPLY BEFORE THE SHIT HITS YOU DIRECTLY! many words is enough for the foolish!
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by whiteroses(f): 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
aNY boko haram reading this please kidnap jonathan wife & kids i beg you thank you kiss
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2012
OAM4J:

Myopic? Because I advice him to do the honorable thing? Yes the buck stops at his desk, that is why he he shouldn't just accept the blame for failed rescue mission but for all the security lapses involving Boko Haram and follow it up with his resignation.

You my friend is the myopic one for your inability to see that our president is incompetent in handling security matters. From "We are on top of the situation" to "we know they are" to "We have to live with bombings" to "Let is pray that they repent" to "We will not dialogue with them" and now "We are begging them"

What has Tinubu got to do with my comment? Put off your ethnocentric goggle so you can see clearly.

And what does my personal opinion got to do with my moderator role?
I would agree for him to resign but first let him replace the muslim northerner VP by a christian one.
You muslim northerners think you can fool us and put a northen muslim in his place, think again.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by prettyboi1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
patriot2:
I would agree for him to resign but first let him replace the muslim northerner VP by a christian one.
You muslim northerners think you can fool us and put a northen muslim in his place, think again.
Why do people like you always put sentiments to things? Why must u either put religion or tribe/language to everything? I'm a Christian & I really don't care if both president & vice president are Muslims as long as THEY DO THEIR WORK COMPETENTLY. I don't care if both president & vice president are Christians either, I don't care if both president & vice president are yoruba or igbo or kanuri or igala or hausa or tiv or idoma or Ijaw or bini etc. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A COMPETENT LEADER THAT PASSIONATELY CARES ABOUT NIGERIA. SIMPLE.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 19, 2012
pretty_boi:
Why do people like you always put sentiments to things? Why must u either put religion or tribe/language to everything? I'm a Christian & I really don't care if both president & vice president are Muslims as long as THEY DO THEIR WORK COMPETENTLY. I don't care if both president & vice president are Christians either, I don't care if both president & vice president are yoruba or igbo or kanuri or igala or hausa or tiv or idoma or Ijaw or bini etc. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A COMPETENT LEADER THAT PASSIONATELY CARES ABOUT NIGERIA. SIMPLE.
My friend I reacted like this because the muslim northerners think they are the only ones who have the right to rule Nigeria, they believe it is their god given right. That is something I would like to challenge.
The north once again has been making a lot of noise because the president is not a muslim northerner.
I pretty much wish we could live together without distinction of origin or religion but the haussa-fulani muslims are making it very hard, they think killing my people is a legitimate means of protest.
If you look at Nigerian history then you will understand my fury.
Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2012
wesley80:

No one has told Jonathan that he's failed either [color=#990000][/color](at least non one that actually matters!) it doesnt matter if 99% of those in the SW and North think so. Most of the criticisms he's faced have been extremely naive and in most cases than not, fuelled by sectionalism and some sinister desire to pick on a President perceived as being 'weak'.
Wait till your duly elected National Assembly passes a vote of no confidence on his leadership and his cabinet follows suit and see if he'll require OAMJ4 to tell him about resignation!

grin grin grin Jokers grin grin grin

Re: Blame Me Also For Failed Hostage Rescue – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:48am On Mar 21, 2012
OAM4J:

5. There will always be ethnocentric threads for as long as you people enjoy creating and discussing them. I have no power to stop that. I am tired of reading them cos you people kept saying the same thing I have read from the very 1st month I joined NL. So don't blame the moderators for what you guys enjoy doing. Many of these threads wouldn't have existed or seen the light of the day if you guys don't create them or if you ignore them. You kept telling Seun and the moderators to stop tribalism while in you actions you prove it is what you love doing. How many serious/'intellectual' threads do you people seriously debate on like you do on 'tribal' threads? You don't need Seun or the moderators to stop tribalism. If you don't like it stop it or ignore the threads.[color=#990000][/color]

6. Yes GEJ should resign if he is not competent and able to address the situation. I do not care who takes over from him whether his name is Emeka or Sule or Bonyface or Seun as long as he is competent. Unlike you I do not support people because they are from my region or ethnic. I support people I believe are competent and honest. For instance, I will campaign for Chime, Ameachi, Duke, Akpabio and campaign against the likes of Gbenga Daniel and Akala.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What A Driver Did To His Master For Refusing To Pay His Salary: Photo / Dino Melaye Mocks APC Congresses That Produced 72 State Chairmen Nationwide / What The Hell Are Alimajiri Fulani Terrorist Doing In Lekki Victoria Island Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.