Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin (8792 Views)

Would You Marry A Man Or Woman With Tatoos? / Why Do Nigerian Girls Bleach Their Skin - Is It To Hide Their Ugliness Or What? / White Poeple With Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Dipwater(m): 9:28am On Mar 17, 2012
A lot has been said some poeple said its not our culture what do u think
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 17, 2012
i see no big deal, really. their skin, their tattoo, their choices. if YOU dont like it then dont date/hang with people who have any, et voila!

1 Like

Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by queensmith: 10:05am On Mar 17, 2012
Well coming from someone who is continuously learning not to be judgmental and backwards, It depends on the tattoo and the location. If not that they are permanent and painful i will probably have 5. I do find most tattoos distasteful on most men and women, especially when excessive and in highly visible regions.
As a potential client of a firm it will be hard for me to take someone with visible arm and neck tattoos seriously, I wouldnt want my dermatologist to have snakes on his neck and wont like my beautician to have roses all over her chest.
Besides if I had a tattoo only one person will know where it is grin grin grin

Safe to say it will put a big downer on any professional approach.

That being said tattoos don't change who you are and what you do, it just gives people an easy opportunity to judge you.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by phemi3: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2012
simply irresponsible!

1 Like

Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by InkedNerd(f): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2012
@OP: Anyone who says its not of our culture is either stüpid or lying to themselves. It is very much a part of African culture, especially Nigeria. Just because a bunch of colonial 419ers came to our land and told us that everything that makes us innately Nigerian is wrong doesn't mean it never existed in Nigerian culture. I personally am a lover of body art, so I have no problem when it comes to someone else having a tattoo, no matter where it is on their body or how big it is. It's not my life, nor is it my body.

1 Like

Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by bekay911(f): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2012
^^^Seconded
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Acidosis(m): 11:06am On Mar 17, 2012
imagine voting in a president with tatoo all over his body.
Imagine yourself going for an interview, with tatoo labelled all over.
I believe its meant for hoodlums & also as a symbolic practice of hooliganism.
I despise that thing. Same with men that uses earrings

1 Like

Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by InkedNerd(f): 11:11am On Mar 17, 2012
Acidosis: imagine voting in a president with tatoo all over his body.
Imagine yourself going for an interview, with tatoo labelled all over.
I believe its meant for hoodlums & also as a symbolic practice of hooliganism.
I despise that thing. Same with men that uses earrings

Despising it won't change the fact that it still exists. There are loads of professionals who have tattoos all over their body yet you'd never know. There's a surgeon I know of here in New York who has a HUGE tattoo on his back and across his chest yet if you had seen him on first glance, you'd never know he had any at all. Having a tattoo doesn't automatically mean that someone is irresponsible. Many people have tattoos and are still able to maintain professional lives and appearances.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Heathen(m): 11:45am On Mar 17, 2012
I love tatoo'ed chicks
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 17, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Despising it won't change the fact that it still exists. There are loads of professionals who have tattoos all over their body yet you'd never know. There's a surgeon I know of here in New York who has a HUGE tattoo on his back and across his chest yet if you had seen him on first glance, you'd never know he had any at all. Having a tattoo doesn't automatically mean that someone is irresponsible. Many people have tattoos and are still able to maintain professional lives and appearances.

what?? undecided undecided undecided

how did you know he had at those places?
did you UnCloth him??
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Dipwater(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
@acidosis wow loooooolz frnd I have tatoo and I gat earing on my ear doesnt make a a hoodlum I tink it has to do wit mentality and the kind of life u re living I don't judge poeples lifstyle cuz we all come 4rm diff background,hav diff reigion custom and biliv
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Dipwater(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2012
Some times its gud to know how naijans think wow seriously we have along way to go
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by cantell(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2012
Inked_Nerd: [font=times new roman][size=12pt]@OP: Anyone who says its not of our culture is either stüpid or lying to themselves. It is very much a part of African culture, especially Nigeria.
There's quite a big difference btw with temp body art which can be erased and tattoo.
Body arts are more like make-ups and it's not painful unlike tattoo.
The only thing i know that looks like tattoo is "Igbu ichi" in Igbo land(facial sacrification)
A very painful and near death experience.
I don't know about other African cultures but then, it wasn't permanent like now.
@topic,
I'm not comfortable around people with tattoos. No offense to tattoo lovers.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by cantell(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2012
Dipwater: @acidosis wow loooooolz frnd I have tatoo and I gat earing on my ear doesnt make a a hoodlum I tink it has to do wit mentality and the kind of life u re living I don't judge poeples lifstyle cuz we all come 4rm diff background,hav diff reigion custom and biliv
Be sure not to move around Oshodi with your tattoo and ear rings.(if you're in lagos)
The policemen lurking around there might have a good reason to bundle ur assz into their cell.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2012
And some ladies tatoo the names of their guys boldly on their booobs, tummy or azz while the orange is still sweet.

But when the love turns sour and their eyes clear. . .to erase becomes wahala
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by vb0mb(m): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2012
As for me, it depends on the nature of d tatoo. thoes with parmanent tatoos are irresponsible, yes it is true. While thoes wit temporary tatoos are welcome because this is african culture.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by MyVicky: 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
Visible or conspicuous tatoos appear disgusting and irritating to me. That's just me and it doesn't connote that I'm better off than people with tatoos! I just dislike it especially when it is overt!
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Dipwater(m): 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2012
Do u know its kinda gud to know peoples opinions on certain thngs.like I said earlier we are still very much backward some wher around 1920
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Dipwater(m): 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2012
I don't xpect evribody to like wat I like but its quite unfortunate some peoples comment shows dat we are still in stone age.I,ll keep posting topics to know how naijirians view certain thngs tank u all 4 ur views

1 Like

Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by vb0mb(m): 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
иυмєяσυѕ™:
am much more responsible can you cox I wouldn't go over the net calling people irresponsible people for their own opinions and lifestyle which does not affect others life

responsible people dont inflict theirselfs with pain. They dont perform an act that cannot be reverse.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by InkedNerd(f): 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
@OP: Is that you in the profile pic? Is so, can you please describe your experiences as a Nigerian man with loced hair?

breezy147:

what?? undecided undecided undecided

how did you know he had at those places?
did you UnCloth him??
grin grin grin grin

Because I've seen him without his clothes on, that's how I know grin

cantell:
There's quite a big difference btw with temp body art which can be erased and tattoo.
Body arts are more like make-ups and it's not painful unlike tattoo.
The only thing i know that looks like tattoo is "Igbu ichi" in Igbo land(facial sacrification)
A very painful and near death experience.
I don't know about other African cultures but then, it wasn't permanent like now.
@topic,
I'm not comfortable around people with tattoos. No offense to tattoo lovers.

I never referred to or referenced temporary body art. Like I said, anyone who says its not of our culture is either stüpid or lying to themselves. It is very much a part of African culture, especially Nigeria. My great grandmother had tattoos and so did the women before her. It's sad how quickly people forget certain aspects of their culture when foreigners invade their land.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2012
A year ago on my 17th birthday I got a tat. It was damn painful. I had a snake drawn from my navel down to my d|ck in such a way that it seems to open it's mouth wide, and curl around it whenever I'm erec.t. Cool innit? I'm getting another one next week when I turn 18. It's gonna be one every year.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2012
SimonAndal: A year ago on my 17th birthday I got a tat. It was damn painful. I had a snake drawn from my navel down to my d|ck in such a way that it seems to open it's mouth wide, and curl around it whenever I'm erec.t. Cool innit? I'm getting another one next week when I turn 18. It's gonna be one every year.
One every year?! C'mon, dude, think big! Make it 10 per annum.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2012
You should see my dad. Colin Farrell's got nothing on him. The only tattoo-free area on his body is his face. And his ears are pierced. My mum seems to love that rugged look as evidenced by their nights of "oh yeah! Gimme that bad boy". Lol!
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Samxiulee: 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2012
Truth be told tatoo is part pf African culture,both permanent and temporary.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by queensmith: 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2012
SimonAndal: A year ago on my 17th birthday I got a tat. It was damn painful. I had a snake drawn from my navel down to my d|ck in such a way that it seems to open it's mouth wide, and curl around it whenever I'm erec.t. Cool innit? I'm getting another one next week when I turn 18. It's gonna be one every year.

OMG that is awesome!!!

lets see it!! pleeeeeeeeeeeze!!! lmao

given my first post this doesnt help very much embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2012
You wanna see? My d|ck? No effing way! It's reserved.
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by queensmith: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2012
Inked_Nerd: @OP: Anyone who says its not of our culture is either stüpid or lying to themselves. It is very much a part of African culture, especially Nigeria. Just because a bunch of colonial 419ers came to our land and told us that everything that makes us innately Nigerian is wrong doesn't mean it never existed in Nigerian culture. I personally am a lover of body art, so I have no problem when it comes to someone else having a tattoo, no matter where it is on their body or how big it is. It's not my life, nor is it my body.

I don't know about this, the tattoos (or what will pass for them) that i've seen in my culture are actually for a reason, not the same as the decorative tattoos we see today.

for one I think during the war tattoos were used to number and write addresses and DOBs to identify the children. I just learnt that (our parents) generation will place similar markings on their arms as fashion.

Though the attempt is the same it might connote a general youthful unseriousness and irresponsibility, it doesnt really matter if it's on someone else's body, you have placed it in a public place for people to see therefore giving them a opportunity to judge you.
Its the same as teens 'saggin' jeans, (o that rhymed!!!) The reason for this came from prison, if people started doing it on the street up and down what does that make you think about them?
Re: How Do U See Poeple With Tatoos On Their Skin by queensmith: 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2012
SimonAndal: You wanna see? My d|ck? No effing way! It's reserved.
its actually on you ****??

yea you can still show us grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First lady of China is a whoré ? / How Old Were You When You Discover The Meaning Of CC / OMG! Secret Camera Caught Boy Having Sex With His Cousin (video + Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.