Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? (7901 Views)

Why Does This Government Appear So Senseless Yet Too Arrogant And Selfish? / Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With / “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 18, 2012
I'm a full blooded Nigerian guy; born in Lagos, but left for the UK when I was 4-5 - and I have lived here since then. Though, I've lead 90% of my life in London, but I still consider myself a Nigerian. I speak both pigeon English and Yoruba language fluently; and I know Nigerian history, cultures and traditions better than a lot of Nigerians that have never left Nigeria. I just find it condescending and naive when I meet "fresh" Nigerians, and they tell me I'm not Nigerian enough, or I'm a "Jamo". I also remember the first time I applied for a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian High Commission in London; the guy over there told me I wasn't Nigerian; despite having full Nigerian names, and speaking Yoruba to him.

I just can't understand why most Nigerians are like this.

Made in Lagos,

NaijaBoy!
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Mar 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by jmaine: 1:46am On Mar 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by LogicMind: 2:01am On Mar 18, 2012
so did u get your passport?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Beaf: 2:10am On Mar 18, 2012
@shymmex
Your description of yourself is very positive indeed. Many fathers and mothers would be proud to have such a son; I guess where you got it though, since you can speak Yoruba fluently after leaving at age 4-5. Your dad must be one hell of a guy! Same goes to your mum.

Keep being who you are. Don't allow any cretins get to you.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Callotti: 2:36am On Mar 18, 2012
Because empty vessels make the most noise!
But I remember you. You are extremely NASTY!
Your parents never went back to Nigeria.
You are really more of a Nigerian wanno be!
It shows in your posts.
Your visa is hereby denied!
Go and get a "Jammo-Were" passport.
We have enough problems with Boko Haram children from Niger Republic.
Thank you.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by antitpiah: 3:05am On Mar 18, 2012
Callotti: Because empty vessels make the most noise!
It shows in your posts.
Thank you.

Long Live Blazay
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 3:29am On Mar 18, 2012
so did u get your passport?

Thanks, fam. I later got the passport - but I had to pay extra fees to some guy that works in there.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 18, 2012
Because empty vessels make the most noise!
It shows in your posts.
Thank you.

My parents moved back to Nigeria 3years ago, and I'm not a "Nigerian wannabe," bruv. I was born in Lagos, and my family is from Epe. I'm just as Nigerian as you or any other Nigerian out there.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 18, 2012
@ Kobojunkie

Why is every thing funny to you, phucking asylum seeking illegal alien. Please, stay away from Arizona before those rednecks get you. cool
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by antitpiah: 3:35am On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex:

My parents moved back to Nigeria 3years ago, and I'm not a "Nigerian wannabe," bruv. I was born in Lagos, and my family is from Epe. I'm just as Nigerian as you or any other Nigerian out there.

Trust me, you are not Nigerian at all. You are different from Blazay and I. Learn to live with your real self instead of trying to pass as some thing you are not.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex: I'm a full blooded Nigerian guy; born in Lagos, but left for the UK when I was 4-5 - and I have lived here since then. Though, I've lead 90% of my life in London, but I still consider myself a Nigerian. I speak both pigeon English and Yoruba language fluently; and I know Nigerian history, cultures and traditions better than a lot of Nigerians that have never left Nigeria. I just find it condescending and naive when I meet "fresh" Nigerians, and they tell me I'm not Nigerian enough, or I'm a "Jamo". I also remember the first time I applied for a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian High Commission in London; the guy over there told me I wasn't Nigeria; despite having full Nigerian names, and speaking Yoruba to him.

Made in Lagos,

NaijaBoy!

All you need to do is show your birth certificate.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex: @ Kobojunkie

Why is every thing funny to you, phucking asylum seeking illegal alien. Please, stay away from Arizona before those rednecks get you. cool

Guessing the character behind the new monicker, I knew it was only a matter of time before you revealed your true self. And that post of yours . . . imbecilic that . . . you would have the audacity to label others judgmental?? ROFLMAO!! After that lie you have up there, you want anyone to believe that your post above remotely describes my person? Seems more like you are projecting . . . .

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 4:02am On Mar 18, 2012
Trust me, you are not Nigerian at all. You are different from Blazay and I. Learn to live with your real self instead of trying to pass as some thing you are not.

I'm not Nigerian? If I'm not "Nigerian"; then who am I? undecided
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by antitpiah: 4:06am On Mar 18, 2012
^^^

You my friend is an impostor.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 18, 2012
Guessing the character behind the new monicker, I knew it was only a matter of time before you revealed reveal your true self. And that post of yours . . . imbecilic that . . . you would have the audacity to label others judgmental?? ROFLMAO!! After that the lie(sic) you have up there, you want anyone to believe that your post above above, remotely describes my person me? Seems more like you are projecting.....

Is English your 10th language? It seems you skipped English classes in school. I can't understand what the heck you posted
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 18, 2012
Guessing the character behind the new monicker, I knew it was only a matter of time before you revealed reveal your true self. And that post of yours . . . imbecilic that . . . you would have the audacity to label others judgmental?? ROFLMAO!! After that the lie(sic) you have up there, you want anyone to believe that your post above above, remotely describes my person me? Seems more like you are projecting.....

Is English your 10th language? It seems you skipped English classes in school. I can't understand what the heck you posted sad
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 18, 2012
You my friend is an impostor.

You're definitely a cretin! How can I be an impostor when I was born in Nigeria, and my heritage is Nigeria. I don't why you lot are very arrogant.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Jakumo(m): 5:23am On Mar 18, 2012
Shymmex, cash will buy a Nigerian passport in Nigeria, even if you are a blue-eyed, blonde-haired white man from the Fjords of Norway who is visiting Nigeria for the first time ever.

If you really must have a Nigeran passport, acquire a visitor's visa to Nigeria, contact any of the career touts that cook up legit paperwork for a fee, and before you can say "American Wonder", you will be the proud owner of a genuine Nigerian passport, which will entitle you to a full body-cavity search and free Xray at ALL airports of the world.

If Indians, Pakistanis and Lebanese nationals can morph into bone-fide green passport-holding Nigerians in exchange for a fee, then I would make bold to say you are MORE than qualified to take the same magical route. That magic only occurs WITHIN Nigerian, mind you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by LogicMind: 10:34am On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex:

Is English your 10th language? It seems you skipped English classes in school. I can't understand what the heck you posted sad

See this one. Abeg dey speak your mother tongue because your "corrections" are sh.it.
The original was ok and gramatically correct. Your correnctions are either wrong or portend other meanings than the one intended by the originator.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Arosa(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2012
I don't see what is wrong with Kobo's English. Mr lecturer.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Callotti: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sounds like that Sagam0r0n whose only word in it's dictionary is 'cretin'!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Waste of space.
I thought as much.
NASTY THING. angry
Next thread please.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by ikeyman00(m): 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
@@@

post like this makes me laugh

they talk of thing they just dnt know

90% indians; paks etc look down on u; to them believe it or not u are a $hitbag

no point acting up like hey im born and bread in London

That is the right attitude to go with

at poste; u got no brain cell
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by lizzybabe1(f): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex: I'm a full blooded Nigerian guy; born in Lagos, but left for the UK when I was 4-5 - and I have lived here since then. Though, I've lead 90% of my life in London, but I still consider myself a Nigerian. I speak both pigeon English and Yoruba language fluently; and I know Nigerian history, cultures and traditions better than a lot of Nigerians that have never left Nigeria. I just find it condescending and naive when I meet "fresh" Nigerians, and they tell me I'm not Nigerian enough, or I'm a "Jamo". I also remember the first time I applied for a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian High Commission in London; the guy over there told me I wasn't Nigerian; despite having full Nigerian names, and speaking Yoruba to him.

Made in Lagos,

NaijaBoy!

Hi shymmex, I'm asking this politely: Please what is the point (or KOKO if you say you understand Yoruba) of this post?
Thank you.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
hmmm...
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Flygeriana(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
Even if u'r not a flygerian, u can stil get a flygerian P if u have the cash. I can get whatever P i like. It's all about my cash. But, i prefer flyin with flygerian P.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by olayinka1987: 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex: I'm a full blooded Nigerian guy; born in Lagos, but left for the UK when I was 4-5 - and I have lived here since then. Though, I've lead 90% of my life in London, but I still consider myself a Nigerian. I speak both pigeon English and Yoruba language fluently; and I know Nigerian history, cultures and traditions better than a lot of Nigerians that have never left Nigeria. I just find it condescending and naive when I meet "fresh" Nigerians, and they tell me I'm not Nigerian enough, or I'm a "Jamo". I also remember the first time I applied for a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian High Commission in London; the guy over there told me I wasn't Nigerian; despite having full Nigerian names, and speaking Yoruba to him.

Made in Lagos,

NaijaBoy!

Look at the bolded then answer my question.

Have you met "most Nigerians" ? You understand there over 150 million of us right?

Now look at the question you asked - Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? ....Then look at the part I bolded. It's seems you're being a hypocrite my friend. You asked why Nigerians are judgemental then went and judged "most Nigerians" yourself. You haven't met enough Nigerians to judge "most" of us. Nonsense.

I also live in London (Hackney to be precise) and I have never experienced what you're talking about. Sorry but I think your chatting crap. I've never been called a "Jamaican". I've been told I look Jamaican though lol. I've never been told I'm not Nigerian enough and I know good and well that no-one that works at the Nigerian High Commission would tell you that you're not Nigerian, especially if you have Nigerian names and speak Yoruba as fluently as you claim. Just doesn't seem right too me. It seems as if you want to play the victim role and point fingers at Nigerians.

Also, do you find it "condescending and naive" when London raised Nigerians such as yourself or Caribbeans insult Nigerians that have just arrived by calling them "fresh off the boats" or say they're "Too African". Come on my man, it works both ways.

I suggest you man up and get on with things like everyone else!!!!
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by olayinka1987: 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2012
patriot2:
All you need to do is show your birth certificate.

Exactly!!!

I'm surprised his "Nigerian parents" didn't explain this to him undecided
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Ibangap(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
@poster, i hope say u don get wetin u been dey find. buzybodygrin
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
shymmex: @ Kobojunkie

Are you asking your fellow tribalist why he is being tribalistic or are you playing dumb !!
And there are no rednecks in Arizoma!! Arizona is a "wild","wild" state !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2012
Oops! I meant to say "wild","wild","west" state.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2012
@NRI PRIEST

How am I a "tribalist"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Eagles Line-up Against Cameroon If President Buhari Were The Chief Coach / Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities / Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.