Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,551 members, 7,840,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us (8953 Views)

Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? / Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants / GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by SamIkenna: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Isn't it a bit late in the game to start considering that? undecided undecided undecided undecided We started this when we arranged payment for the other terrorist group.

So should we continue on that slippery path or should we make a stand?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

So should we continue on that slippery path or should we make a stand?

Well, I don't know. Nigerian Government will do what the Nigerian Government will do. There are already claims that the Government budgets more for paying off terrorists than it does not the Health Sector, so I doubt it matters what I think of the situation.

All I am saying is it is rather meaningless to cry foul at this point. [size=14pt]We started this culture of paying off criminals/terrorists, and, over time, some of us have conveniently cooked up reasons for which they could 'legitimize' these actions. However, there remains no rational reason for these payments, worse monthly payments at that, to criminals, from our government. [/size]
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin My brother Ndu-chucks , me ya sa ?

Amnesty is a thing that has changed Nigeria political landscape.

The killing of anyone could be justified simply by advocating for something

MEND killed 20 on independences day, Boko haram took it the the next level

both should be stopped but WE should never support boko haram, because Islam does not preach what they are doing.

Mend still have a more legit cause for their fight than Boko haram
The people among MEND who killed innocent civilians were never pardoned, their chief is still prosecuted in South Africa.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2: The people among MEND who killed innocent civilians were never pardoned, their chief is still prosecuted in South Africa.

Keep telling yourself that lie! lipsrsealed
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by pzing: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
Do everything to have peace. It has involved lives and seeking human justice means more blood. Let BH find justice before God for they claim to be working for.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Demdem(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2: The people among MEND who killed innocent civilians were never pardoned, their chief is still prosecuted in South Africa.

Are u insinuating that criminals like Tompolo, general Boyloaf, Ateke etc never killed even military personnels?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
pzing: Do everything to have peace. It has involved lives and seeking human justice means more blood. Let BH find justice before God for they claim to be working for.

In much the same way MEND found justice before the Niger Deltans who they claimed to be working on behalf of?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Where were you when we witnessed much the same during MEND so-called war against marginalization, and for greater control over oil resources? undecided undecided
What are the grievances of boko haram ?
what are their means of protest ?
And once again the people who killed innocent civilians among MEND were denied by the rest of MEND and were never pardoned, they are still facing trial in South Africa you can see the chief of that explosion on trial.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Godmann(m): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2012
NO AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM. GEJ STAY PUT IN ASO ROCK.

Very soon all of us, including Child Soldiers will be holding AK45 for a fight to finish - the mother of all wars.

Foolish Nigerians. A land ruled by "mumus"
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Keep telling yourself that lie! lipsrsealed
Why don't you just use your google and type (Henry Okah south africa).
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2:
What are the grievances of boko haram ?
what are their means of protest ?
And once again the people who killed innocent civilians among MEND were denied by the rest of MEND and were never pardoned, they are still facing trial in South Africa you can see the chief of that explosion on trial.

Dude, stop trying to mix issues. What is happening in South Africa has little or nothing to do with the activities of MEND as a whole. I cannot for the life of me understand how any person in their right brain would assume that all the killings, kidnappings, and bombings where carried out by OKAH and only OKAH.

Again, keep lying to yourself that you can re-arrange the pieces long after the deed has been done and sealed.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2:
Why don't you just use your google and type (Henry Okah south africa).

Keep lying to yourself!
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2012
Demdem:

Are u insinuating that criminals like Tompolo, general Boyloaf, Ateke etc never killed even military personnels?
I don't see how you can equate killing military men who are well trained and armed and aggressive to the killing of innocent unarmed peaceful civilians. MEND killed soldiers as self defence to continue blowing up pipelines on their land while boko haram kills innocent christians and southerners for what ?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by cocoduck: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
You can not compare mend to bokoharam the former is fighting for their rights. Now tell me what is the latter's right in oil proceeds
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Dude, stop trying to mix issues. What is happening in South Africa has little or nothing to do with the activities of MEND as a whole. I cannot for the life of me understand how any person in their right brain would assume that all the killings, kidnappings, and bombings where carried out by OKAH and only OKAH.

Again, keep lying to yourself that you can re-arrange the pieces long after the deed has been done and sealed.
First of all I do not think you can equate kidnapping to killing, unless you are really brainless.
I can forgive someone who kidnapped my brother given that my brother comes back in good health, but i will never pardon whoever kills anyone from my family. By the way stop confusing all the explosions, there were only one or two that killed civilians and that were aimed at doing so. The people who did those explosions were never pardoned and their boss is undergoing trial in South Africa.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Mar 19, 2012
cocoduck: You can not compare mend to bokoharam the former is fighting for their rights. Now tell me what is the latter's right in oil proceeds

Fighting for their rights? Really? Their right to monthly pocket money, free trips to study abroad, and Government appointments? Those rights? Cause last I checked, MEND has gotten paid, and continues to get paid, but the situation in the Niger Delta remains exactly the same way it has been since even the Obasanjo days, if not worse. undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2:
First of all I do not think you can equate kidnapping to killing, unless you are really brainless.
I can forgive someone who kidnapped my brother given that my brother comes back in good health, but i will never pardon whoever kills anyone from my family. By the way stop confusing all the explosions, there were only one or two that killed civilians and that were aimed at doing so. The people who did those explosions were never pardoned and their boss is undergoing trial in South Africa.

Sorry, but I think I have had enough of your babbles. Goodluck!
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Fighting for their rights? Really? Their right to monthly pocket money, free trips to study abroad, and Government appointments? Those rights? Cause last I checked, MEND has gotten paid, and continues to get paid, but the situation in the Niger Delta remains exactly the same way it has been since even the Obasanjo days, if not worse. undecided undecided undecided
Actually the people in Niger Delta still fighting are the ones who had been refused amnesty because they were very bloody (although less than boko haram). So please do not contradict yourself. This is proof government did not give amnesty to terrorists in Niger Delta. By the way, wasn't it a Northern muslim (Yar'adua) who judged boko haram terrorist while he pardonned the bulk of MEND who he deemed were not terrorists ?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Vansnickers: 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
Amnesty??!! For Terrorists? SMH
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So you believe amnesty for MEND was a mistake yet you believe we should repeat that mistake with boko haram.
Where did you get your education ?
Sue your teachers because you are now brainless.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, I don't know. Nigerian Government will do what the Nigerian Government will do. There are already claims that the Government budgets more for paying off terrorists than it does not the Health Sector, so I doubt it matters what I think of the situation.

All I am saying is it is rather meaningless to cry foul at this point. We started this culture of paying off criminals/terrorists, and, over time, some of us have conveniently cooked up reasons for which they could 'legitimize' these actions. However, there remains no rational reason for these payments, worse monthly payments at that, to criminals, from our government.

If you believe we started something wrong, shouldn't you be advocating we stopped it rather than expanding it ?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by cocoduck: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

what you typed above is meaningless. You are in your comfortable house punching away the keys of your keyboard. Why not visit the niger delta areas first. It worse because of your kind. You make sure that only those who are willing to sell their souls will be in charge
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Piyke: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
Even after bombing the UN building, killing countless Nigerians and infiltrating the government we are still offering amnesty? This is a bad move as far as i'm concerned angry Would any of you bet that this group will resurface in the future? and besides is this the new way of getting government attention? so anyone who sets off bombs and disturbs the populace is given amnesty. This is a real sign that our security agencies are weak.

It is high time the FG put in place proper intelligence and training to deal with any future groups that may arise.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2: If you believe we started something wrong, shouldn't you be advocating we stopped it rather than expanding it ?

Since people like you suggest what we started was right, I would ask you why you are here advocating that we only apply it to terrorist groups you, and your ilk, are in support of.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Since people like you suggest what we started was right, I would ask you why you are here advocating that we only apply it to terrorist groups you, and your ilk, are in support of.
First of all I never suggested it was right. It was wrong to give amnesty or money to any one who killed a nigerian soldier. My dad is a colonel and I don't care what cause you are fighting, if you touch my dad then I will destroy your family! But what I am trying to do is show the light, you are using very porous logics to advocate paying terrorists and I am just showing the gigantic holes in your reasoning. Although I think people in Niger Delta have have been exploited and that the derivation is a good move towards justice.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by InHim4Him(m): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
Ndu_chuks, I love your fear-based zeal. Please do come over and begin the implementation of your nice ideas especially as regards the almajiris. You know talk is cheap. Please accept our offer to you as NL AMBASSADOR EMERITUS ON BH AFFAIRS. Please, are you married? If yes, please make adequate arrangements for your family.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by mcfestgee: 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
why on earth should the FG think of increasing the funding of education in the north. The nort want to have population advantage by marrying indicrimnately and giving birth any number they feel like, thereby giving birth to slowpoke and lunatics (amajiris). In case you want to argue dat: is it not in this country the FG spent tax payers money to send their so called traditional ruler abroad to investigate the constituent of polio vacines cos they beleive it conains chemical for birth control. They do not want birth control, they should also train their children or live with the problem of amajiris (BH). They want quantity (north) we want quality (south), let it remain like dat. if you bite more than you chew, who suffer?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2012
patriot2:
First of all I never suggested it was right. It was wrong to give amnesty or money to any one who killed a nigerian soldier. My dad is a colonel and I don't care what cause you are fighting, if you touch my dad then I will destroy your family! But what I am trying to do is show the light, you are using very porous logics to advocate paying terrorists and I am just showing the gigantic holes in your reasoning. Although I think people in Niger Delta have have been exploited and that the derivation is a good move towards justice.

You could have fooled me with your earlier claims that only those who did not kill individuals got amnesty.

Please go sell this mush of yours to someone else. I am done.
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You could have fooled me with your earlier claims that only those who did not kill individuals got amnesty.

Please go sell this mush of yours to someone else. I am done.
Muslims, always thinking the big "kafur" is out there trying to fool you!
I believe the government obeying some principles internationaly recognized and applied by the best and most enlightened societies, gave amnesty to people who were not killing innocent civilians, people who could be considered combattants and not terrorists. If it were up to me then those combatants would all be dead but I am a thinker and I can follow the logics that the gov used in this case. Answer me: is being brain dead a necessity to become a muslim ?
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by cocoduck: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
kobo j answer my post
Re: The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

All I am saying is it is rather meaningless to cry foul at this point. [size=14pt]We started this culture of paying off criminals/terrorists, and, over time, some of us have conveniently cooked up reasons for which they could 'legitimize' these actions in their own minds.
However, there remains no rational reason for these payments, worse monthly payments at that, to criminals, from our government.
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu's Death Rumour Surfaces As DSS Refuse To Produce Him / Gwarzo’s Suspension: I Cannot Be Blackmailed – Adeosun / What If South Africa,Namibia And Botswana Was Ruled By Nigerian Leaders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.