Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. (12352 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
KINGwax: hey, halt right there! Cos a female dog is your b¡tch doesn't mean you'll treat it wrongly. And really, u might. Didn't your real owners jst collect some cash in lieu of you?
Own up guys, u've being paid for!

LOL, error!
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by free2ryhme: 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
agiboma: @ OP I can write a novel as to how wrong your notion is but ill just sum it up in 3 words "you are crazy"
y u dey vex abi dem never don pay ya bride prce?

1 Like

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by free2ryhme: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
ronkebp:

They ''collected and returned'' that same day, BIG DEAL!!!!!

They collect something no matter how small they sha collect sometin.. what if nothing was collected and taken how would you feel? no lie ooo .. why you yorubas ue the comment olowo ori mi? Paying your dowry makes you proud.. Mdm stand one side abeg
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by cowgurl: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2012
fellis:
Why do many men get so worked up when they vaguely perceive that they are being challenged by women?
good question.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by charles316: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
dont tell me that these nairaland babes here still dont understnd that it is a man` world.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Yorisb: 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
ZUBY77:

this applies to every man and every woman, dont mention my sisters as if i am going to start defending them. Grow up

Lol @ The highlighted part. sMaRt ReSpOnSe!
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Ebeeluv: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2012
much ado about nothing. If u realy think dt bride price automatically makes her ur property, then ensure that u got the right figure. Pls dnt forget d real owner of dt body u r paying for who kept her til dt moment n made it possible for u to see and admire her. Seriously, most times u guys piss me off wit dis ur 21st century trash, d reason why God instituted marriage has nt changed n it never wil. women are helpmeet not servants/slaves/properties etc

2 Likes

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
"I pay, I own".......(1stCitizen,2012)
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Yorisb: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
free2ryhme: y u dey vex abi dem never don pay ya bride prce?

Bwahahaha. Never a dull moment on NL. I don laugh tire! grin
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ayox2003: 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
free2ryhme:

They collect something no matter how small they sha collect sometin.. what if nothing was collected and taken how would you feel? no lie ooo .. why you yorubas use the comment "olowo ori mi?" Paying your dowry makes you proud.. Mdm stand one side abeg

hahahaha.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ronkebp(f): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
free2ryhme:

They collect something no matter how small they sha collect sometin.. what if nothing was collected and taken how would you feel? no lie ooo .. why you yorubas ue the comment olowo ori mi? Paying your dowry makes you proud.. Mdm stand one side abeg

you are making a point and crucifying yourself too. smiley smiley, if you are in support of the collection then we are on the same page.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by free2ryhme: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
ronkebp:

you are making a point and crucifying yourself too. smiley smiley, if you are in support of the collection then we are on the same page.

it means you are owned shekeniah
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
ZUBY77: I know where this thread is heading. Women vs men but i still have to spill it.
When a man go to the market and buy a goat or a dog, he owns the animal. When a man buys a house or a piece of land, he owns it but when a man goes to a woman and pays bride price, ladies will start to shout that he doesnt own her. They will remind us that this is 21st century as if we forgot. I am not saying a man should maltreat his wife or even his dog but ladies should get it.
You are all for sale and when we buy you, we take you to our own families.
Let the war begin.

Pal . . Take am easy oh.
The man is the head while the woman is the neck, a smart and diligent woman is able to turn the head to the proper direction.
But no one owns the other
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Bongoman1: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2012
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
ocelot2006: Well, I think the word "own" is a bit strong as I don't see my wife as my property. Still, I don't run a democracy in MY house, but a benevolent dictatorship, and my wife knows that. Her opinions are always welcomed, but my words and approval are FINAL. Oh, and I don't believe in all that 21st century 50/50 bullshyte. Like my parents, I'm pretty much old school.

Your words should only be final if it makes sense.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
ZUBY77: This whole thing of bride price should stop. I started this thread because some illiterate money-miss-road came to marry in our place last week. He paid 250, 000 and started bragging to his friends the next day.
I think the midset of people like him is to threat the ladies however they want because they paid for her.
What i am saying is that bride price should be abolished like slave and be replaced with something different.
I would suggets a cow.

Point
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by agiboma(f): 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
free2ryhme: y u dey vex abi dem never don pay ya bride prce?

That is not the issue, we are talking about a human being here and no one belongs to another, not even our children belong to us they are individuals. No one can own another person its just wrong, so no i dont belong to any man and will never be the property of any one.

1 Like

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by deols(f): 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2012
@op, u arent even man enough if u keep whinning over some bride price. How about being like the men of old whom were in all ramifications deserving of the position, head of the home. without that man, u'r just an empty barrel running mouth. I pity the woman who marries you
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ronkebp(f): 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
free2ryhme:

it means you are owned shekeniah

Even if my hubby pays 3million even 100million to my people HE DOES NOT OWN ME!!!! if he cannot take it, He should go and collect his money from my village, Any unnecessary straanger and mouthing, people will treat his Bleep-up!!!, i am not a woman to sit in a home and be receiving blows from a man, if you cannot respect me, my views, my person, because you paid one ye-ye bride price, my dear that man go take. and that is not a blunder.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ronkebp(f): 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
agiboma:

That is not the issue, we are talking about a human being here and no one belongs to another, not even our children belong to us they are individuals. No one can own another person its just wrong, so no i dont belong to any man and will never be the property of any one.

My dear, a couple should belong to eachother, the ''owning'' they are talking about, the figurative part is that, the supposed ''bride price payers'',(some men in this case) think they can misbehave in a marraige and the woman should not have a say because they have paid a ''bride price''.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ZUBY77(m): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2012
We are learning something here. Maybe we can change the course of our future. I believe if nothing like money is paid for a woman, the domestic violence could reduce to 50% or more. I came to this conclusion because there is no way people can beat or maltreat what they dont own or pay for.
And for some of you who are bragging here that even if a hundred million was paid for them, the husbands will never own them, You people should learn to understand the society you live in. You girls are always fast to embrace western cultures like 'never touch a woman, women have equal rights, blablabla' but never wants to embrace their own marriage concept. I have seen situations where boyfriend and girlfriend have many kids and never get married.
Here in Nigeria, you girls wants traditional marriage, wedding, bride price etc, just to impress your friends without even considering the man's capabilities. Then after all that, you still want to enjoy the same rights as western women. I sense greediness here.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Reanaa: 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
Poster u r just living in ancient age, who do u own? Ur girl friend/ wife alone not women.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by pemimi(f): 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
ZUBY77: We are learning something here. Maybe we can change the course of our future. I believe if nothing like money is paid for a woman, the domestic violence could reduce to 50% or more. I came to this conclusion because there is no way people can beat or maltreat what they dont own or pay for.
And for some of you who are bragging here that even if a hundred million was paid for them, the husbands will never own them, You people should learn to understand the society you live in. You girls are always fast to embrace western cultures like 'never touch a woman, women have equal rights, blablabla' but never wants to embrace their own marriage concept. I have seen situations where boyfriend and girlfriend have many kids and never get married.
Here in Nigeria, you girls wants traditional marriage, wedding, bride price etc, just to impress your friends without even considering the man's capabilities. Then after all that, you still want to enjoy the same rights as western women. I sense greediness here.
[b]
ZUBY77: We are learning something here. Maybe we can change the course of our future. I believe if nothing like money is paid for a woman, the domestic violence could reduce to 50% or more. I came to this conclusion because there is no way people can beat or maltreat what they dont own or pay for.
[/b]
. ARE U KIDDING ...... Smh!!!!!!
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ronkebp(f): 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2012

Zuby77 that your conclusion does not hold water, my parents taught me well, and just so you know, to hold my head up high, and i don't need a man to help me turn it this way or that way. Oh!!! so you want to tell me that only married men maltreat their wives? in that same Naija, you have not seen men maltreat their girlfriends that they have not even paid bride price for? Just say you don't have the money to pay and stop drawing fake conclusions here!! I will repeat it again and again, if you marry me and pay billions and think you can maltreat me because of that, i will get guys( since i cannot match up with you strength wise), they will lash you buttocks on that same matrimonial bed and i will attend to your wounds later on!...don't even think it and serve you food that you must eat by force and fire.

4 Likes

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by pemimi(f): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2012
grin
ronkebp:

Zuby77 that your conclusion does not hold water, my parents taught me well, and just so you know, to hold my head up high, and i don't need a man to help me turn it this way or that way. Oh!!! so you want to tell me that only married men maltreat their wives? in that same Naija, you have not seen men maltreat their girlfriends that they have not even paid bride price for? Just say you don't have the money to pay and stop drawing fake conclusions here!! I will repeat it again and again, if you marry me and pay billions and think you can maltreat me because of that, i will get guys( since i cannot match up with you strength wise), they will lash you buttocks on that same matrimonial bed and i will attend to your wounds later on!...don't even think it and serve you food that you must eat by force and fire.
grin
ronkebp:

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Ebeeluv: 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2012
this is a man's world,

but it wouldnt be notin without a woman or a girl (y guys too dey forget dis part?) na wah o
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Fhemmmy: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ebeeluv: this is a man's world,

but it wouldnt be notin without a woman or a girl (y guys too dey forget dis part?) na wah o

Says Who?
You will be shocked soon, when women are running the shows.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Reanaa: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
When u start thinking like this op u r tend to hav problems at home. When a man marries a woman they become one. every one knows man is the head, however he sees the wife as himself. They treat each other with love and respect, this is wat u r supposed to be preaching and not who own a property.

4 Likes

Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by agiboma(f): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
Reanaa: When u start thinking like this op u r tend to hav problems at home. When a man marries a woman they become one. every one knows man is the head, however he sees the wife as himself. They treat each other with love and respect, this is wat u r supposed to be preaching and not who own a property.

WELL SAID
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2012
Whateva bloody male chauvinist pig started this post, I'm sorry for ΰ as ΰ just called ur mother, wife, daughter and sisters sub-human. ΰ need to get ur head outta the gutter and learn some english while ur at it.

That's how today one of ur many brothers had the effontry to tell me he'ℓℓ tame me and make me a real woman. I saw red. His luck is that we were chatting and I'd said enough to him yesterday.

Hu ever thinks that way is silly. Loads of men are silly. Women are humans. Much more so than most of these indomie boys parading as men.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ZUBY77(m): 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
ronkebp:

Lol. Your big nyash would never allow you to be able to match up with anybody not just men. Who in his right mind will marry an imbe.cile like you.
We are not talking about beating anybody here, we are talking about paying for something... Cars, dogs, lands, women, etc.
Why is it that the only thing we cant own after payment is women? Well we have decided to add them to the list of buyables and until we remove the money payment aspect of the marriage process, you gals remain our paid items.
Re: Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. by ronkebp(f): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
ZUBY77:

Lol. Your big nyash would never allow you to be able to match up with anybody not just men. Who in his right mind will marry an imbe.cile like you.
We are not talking about beating anybody here, we are talking about paying for something... Cars, dogs, lands, women, etc.
Why is it that the only thing we cant own after payment is women? Well we have decided to add them to the list of buyables and until we remove the money payment aspect of the marriage process, you gals remain our paid items.

Zuby77 you really don't wanna go down that gutter of name calling with me, stick to your opinion, i stick to mine, if you are my hubby and you misbehave, you will be flogged, pants down. Whether you pick the woman by stealing her from the stall or being a man and pay her bride price like all respectable men do, and you think you can tongue lash her or misbehave? Boys go flog you!!!!! Gba!! be!!! (take am like that) no long thing or hard feeling.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Ties Me To Tree, Housewife Tells Ibadan Court / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.