Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt (8684 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Senator Sekibo, Other PDP Lawmakers / Why Didn't The Nominee From Enugu Answer The Question By George Sekibo On Biafra / Wike, Ekweremadu Differ With Jonathan, Wife Over John Eno, Sekibo (2) (3) (4)

Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2012
The senator’s wife was snatched out of her Hummer
by gunmen in Port Harcourt
The wife of George Sekibo, the senator representing
Rivers East Senatorial District in the National
Assembly, has been kidnapped in Port Harcourt.
Mr. Sekibo’s wife, Asime George-Sekibo, was kidnapped
on March 22 along East-West road while returning
from the University of Port Harcourt.
Sources told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that
Mrs George-Sekibo was driving a Hummer, a luxury
SUV, along the road when she was ambushed by the
gunmen.
NAN learnt that the hoodlums whisked her away with
three other women and a baby who were in her
company.
“Her jeep was abandoned on the road while the
kidnappers took them away in their own vehicle,’’ the
source said.
When contacted, Ben Ugwuegbulam, the Police Public
Relations Officer (PPRO), confirmed the abduction.
Mr. Ugwuegbulam, however, told NAN that he was yet
to receive the details of the incident.
"I have not yet gotten the details of the incident. I am
waiting for it. I will furnish you with the details later.”

premiumtimesng.com/news/4364-gunmen_kidnap_senator_s_wife.html
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by lacasa: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2012
Wat goes arnd comes arnd
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Yeske2(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
I hope and pray it's true, don't harm her sha. Just pass the message to those thieves in NASS.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by JacobReamen(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
That is nobody's bussiness her husband knows wat to do aftrall he has stolen enuf money. Thank you nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
They are occupying their resources
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by badesco(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
May be they needed some ransom and am sure the senator is in good position to meet their demand.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Dipwater(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
I xpect more kidnapping I wonder wat the boko haram are waiting 4. Go ahead and frustrate their misery lives wicked leaders
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
I hope Boko Haram can replicate this in the North instead of killing innocent citizens!!!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Jakumo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
Anyone driving a civilian status symbol Hummer SUV in a Third World country such as Nigeria should not expect pity from the vast majority of bystanders in the event of a car-jacking. Even if the Hummer happened to have been purchased at a bargain price off a used car lot in Dallas before being shipped to Nigeria, it becomes, on reaching African soil, a vulgar status symbol signifying conspicuous consumption amid the squalor of abject poverty.

A Hummer reeks of BIG money, making it natural prey for prowling road-pirates on the lookout for that big score. The kidnapping of a politician’s wife described in this report is a natural consequence of the instant monetary VALUE that gets assigned to all passengers conveyed inside high-end vehicles that get commandeered, be that on the mean streets of Mexico City, Bogota, Colombia, or Lagos, Nigeria.

By showing off a Hummer on the roads of Nigeria, the person being chauffeured is saying a sneering "phuck you" to the starving hordes gawking outside that air-conditioned cocoon of decadent luxury. That rich person is telling the huddled poor to eat cake instead of going hungry, if their anguish is about bread shortages, but most importantly, Hummer owners immediately identify themselves as members of Nigeria's looting political class, whose embezzlement careers DIRECTLY cause the medieval deprivation and suffering around them.

And yet, even in the face of the perils they attract by ostentatious living, Nigeria's idle rich simply cannot resist the temptation to show off before the poor, while maybe tossing them a few coins, before resorting to pleading and prayer when they do inevitably fall victim to the Universal Laws of Karma, as exemplified by this press report.

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by badesco(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
cash247: I hope Boko Haram can replicate this in the North instead of killing innocent citizens!!!
That means you are supporting kidnapping.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by collinsfbi(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
cash247: I hope Boko Haram can replicate this in the North instead of killing innocent citizens!!!

If na we we or them them den dey kidnap I think say e go better pass foreigners, kidnapping foreigners will have negative effect on our international relation, I beg the (kidnappers) to limit their activities to we we (Nigerians) most esp corrupt leaders and their family members and make sure they bill them billion as ransome and failure to pay must result in death.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by lagcity(m): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
Jakumo: Anyone driving a civilian status symbol Hummer SUV in a Third World country such as Nigeria should not expect pity from the vast majority of bystanders in the event of a car-jacking. Even if the Hummer happened to have been purchased at a bargain price off a used car lot in Dallas before being shipped to Nigeria, it becomes, on reaching African soil, a vulgar status symbol signifying conspicuous consumption amid the squalor of abject poverty.

A Hummer reeks of BIG money, making it natural prey for prowling road-pirates on the lookout for that big score. The kidnapping of a politician’s wife described in this report is a natural consequence of the instant monetary VALUE that gets assigned to all passengers conveyed inside high-end vehicles that get commandeered, be that on the mean streets of Mexico City, Bogota, Colombia, or Lagos, Nigeria.

By showing off a Hummer on the roads of Nigeria, the person being chauffeured is saying a sneering "phuck you" to the starving hordes gawking outside that air-conditioned cocoon of decadent luxury. That rich person is telling the huddled poor to eat cake instead of going hungry, if their anguish is about bread shortages, but most importantly, Hummer owners immediately identify themselves as members of Nigeria's looting political class, whose embezzlement careers DIRECTLY cause the medieval deprivation and suffering around them.

And yet, even in the face of the perils they attract by ostentatious living, Nigeria's idle rich simply cannot resist the temptation to show off before the poor, while maybe tossing them a few coins, before resorting to pleading and prayer when they do inevitably fall victim to the Universal Laws of Karma, as exemplified by this press report.
nnna, how does driving a hummer mean "phuck you" in Jakumoland? persin no fit drive better car again? if i buy lamborghini, una go talk say naija road no good, say i be money miss road. if i buy hummer wey good 4 bad road, una go talk say na metaphorical "phuck you". na wah ooo
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by ITbomb(m): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
driving around in a Hummer in the midst of poverty? Do u expect us to sympathize with u when one of our broda decide to get a little from the millions u are showing us
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
No, I do not support kidnapping but if they kidnap only those corrupt leaders, why not?

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Chyz2: 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
Oh obokio! shocked
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Ibangap(m): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
seconded
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by clemmonce(m): 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
naija. drivin hummer with our cash. by the way wats up with dat guy they saw 2billion in his apartment. i can use OBJ'S life to bet they wil do nothing to dat guy.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by anonimi: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
Very ok to kidnap all these legislaTHIEVES family members.
If that is the only way to get back the mega millions they receive for doing nothing from the taxes we pay and those they collect from the oil companies & corporate organisations on our behalf.
Just the other day another senator's driver decided to take his own share of oga's loot of the poor masses.
Let them support free education, free health, living minimum wage, electricity, roads etc- No they won't!!!
Meanwhile when are they going to kidnap Tinubu;s wife?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by ifyalways(f): 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2012
Na wao.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by mensdept: 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Jakumo: Anyone driving a civilian status symbol Hummer SUV in a Third World country such as Nigeria should not expect pity from the vast majority of bystanders in the event of a car-jacking. Even if the Hummer happened to have been purchased at a bargain price off a used car lot in Dallas before being shipped to Nigeria, it becomes, on reaching African soil, a vulgar status symbol signifying conspicuous consumption amid the squalor of abject poverty.

You are correct. The senator in question has not written any tangible bill since being a senator for the second year running.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by 9zeros(m): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2012
she dey sample hummer abi?....now boiz don hammer.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Abujabir24: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
So this man is now a senator? I rememba wen he was minister of transport, he has a son by the name Opuda sekibo, we call him opus, a very fat boy in my secondary school then. I wonder where the son is now. He use to spend alot and even sponsor our classmates most especially girls. Bottom line, the man knows wat to do, just send d poor hoodlums sme cash.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
May God y'll that support this, If only these govt are the target then may God bless kidnappers
Let them(politicians get frustrated as the ordinary guy is in Nigeria maybe that will be our only
Hope of making them think better about Nigeria
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by stepo707: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
But its still our money that the senator stole that will be used to sort the boys
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by neymar11: 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2012
If that is the only way to get back the mega millions they receive for doing nothing from the taxes we pay and those they collect from the oil companies & corporate organisations on our behalf. [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Kolababa: 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
Good. Let Boko Haram, OPC and MEND form an alliance and start kidnaping these corrupt politicians and their families especially the National Assembly members who are milking us dry. They should kidnap them to get their own share of the National Cake.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by mekaboy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
AND HOW DOES THE KIDNAP OF THE SENATORS WIFE MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR THE CITIZENS ? KIDNAPPING IS WRONG, THE ONLY THING I AM HAPPY ABOUT IS THAT SOON THESE CORRUPT POLITICIANS WILL HAVE TO PLACE TO SPEND THEIR LOOT IN NIGERIA, DUE TO THE LEVEL OF INSECURITY.

SO THE BETTER THE CREATE EMPLOYMENT AND WORTH TO BETTER THE LIVES OF THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY, THEY MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO WALK FREELY ON THE ROAD. ITS NOT BY CARRYING MOBILE POLICE MEN AROUND FEELING UNTOUCHABLE, THEY SHOULD KNOW THAT THEIR WIVES, CHILDREN , PARENTS AND RELATIVES ARE IN DANGER.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
From all these, it is clear that Nigerian leaders haven't learnt a single thing from history. Ask the Boers of South Africa and they will tell you a bit about the backlash effects of oppressing the citizens for too long.

So she was cruising a hummer jeep eh? Good! In the midst of poverty and pain, public servants are cruising around in powerful automobile with prices that can cater for thousands of hungry mouths for many months. sad how sad.

Well, Nigerian leaders have laid their beds for decades and should now prepare to lie upon the thorns they have sown into the bedding. The fractures which have been appearing in the fabrics of this nation have now become gaping holes of destruction.

Nigerian leaders can't even cruise around safely in the bullet-proof hummer jeeps they invested so much in.

Things have finally fallen apart. sad

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by Gertynk: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
At time i mervel at d responses we get here nl pple supporting evil, so kidnapping is now a thing of joy. Smh
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by babaowo: 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
dayokanu: They are occupying their resources
.............. Next time try add NONI.. They r occupying their belongings noni ooo!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Senator George Sekibo’s Wife In Port Harcourt by chuks49(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
One day the poor will have only the rich to eat.

Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant / Gov. Ambode To Provide 20 New Rural Roads In Each LGA Every Year / Falana Seeks Pardon For 70 Soldiers Serving 10 Years For Mutiny