Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria (9163 Views)

Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Arik Presents Ipad3 to Omojuwa, Elrufai's Mouth Piece And Chief Hacker(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by nijanigga: 4:46am On Mar 25, 2012
I can't wait to hear, " I Major anthing... , constitution have beeb suspended, we are imposing dusk-to-dawn curfew,all borders remained closed ...
Thank you "
Kaduna Nzeogwu's coup will be a child's play.Blood will flow,all the cowards will run under their beds.
Because Nigeria is a nation of COWARDS.
watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhG3OU8FZZk
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by CaptBarbosa: 5:59am On Mar 25, 2012
Why are nigerians quick to get excited over fairy tales and wild dreams? A fast one for those swallowing what nasir el-rufia said. EL-RUFAI is a CPC man!!!

El rufai shouldn't be in any position of making sanctimonious claims, since he is part of the weeds giving Jonathan a hard time. Heck, this is a man known to have allocated landed properties worth several hundred of million to his toddler son, wive and close freinds.

A quick reminder for those salivating or having wishful thinking, this present government is the most accepted in the history of nigeria and the most popular, going by the number of voted casted in the last presidential election.

1 *
-coup WILL NEVER be accepted in place of democracy, cos that would be outright illegitimacy and distraction of our political institutions and values.

-there are more ways in expressing dissatisfaction, as enshrined in our constitutions. And I believe el-rufai should have explored those means, before making such a silly remarks.

WARNING:
Those making silly comments here should understand that, there is just a thin line between freedom of expression and treasonable felony, which is culpable offence according to our constitution. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse!.

1 Like

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Ozonna(m): 6:15am On Mar 25, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
Why are nigerians quick to get excited over fairy tales and wild dreams? A fast one for those swallowing what nasir el-rufia said. EL-RUFAI is a CPC man!!!

El rufai shouldn't be in any position of making sanctimonious claims, since he is part of the weeds giving Jonathan a hard time. Heck, this is a man known to have allocated landed properties worth several hundred of million to his toddler son, wive and close freinds.

A quick reminder for those salivating or having wishful thinking, this present government is the most accepted in the history of nigeria and the most popular, going by the number of voted casted in the last presidential election.

1 *
-coup WILL NEVER be accepted in place of democracy, cos that would be outright illegitimacy and distraction of our political institutions and values.

-there are more ways in expressing dissatisfaction, as enshrined in our constitutions. And I believe el-rufai should have explored those means, before making such a silly remarks.

WARNING:

Those making silly comments here should understand that, there is just a thin line between freedom of expression and treasonable felony, which is culpable offence according to our constitution. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse!.

Dude, u just made heavy sense.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by bright007(f): 6:24am On Mar 25, 2012
Enters thread and all I see. Is crap!crap!crap.
Ťĥĕ only thing dat is sure to happen in nigeria is phucking nothing.Absolutely,phucking nothing will happen.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Pambegua(m): 7:49am On Mar 25, 2012
IHEJERIKA NOW THE HEAD OF STATE, MD UMAR THE CHIEF OF GENERAL STAFF.... GARRISON DEMOCRACY TO GARRISON BENOVELENCE!
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by emsquare(m): 8:13am On Mar 25, 2012
Is that dude okay!!!
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 25, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

1 *

WARNING:

You're a funny fellow. Since you believe in the constitution so much, isn't it in the constitution that the Government will take care of the citizens? Where does it say the citizens should suffer while the President devours Billion Naira meals?

And who are you threatening with your bullshiyyt "treasonable felony" ? Solve ordinary Electricity Problem and then I'll take you serious. Until then, shut your mouth up and go seat in a corner.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by member10: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2012
[size=18pt]change the title of this topic
People might be bias and bigots on nairaland
But we do not expect you to be one. Be fair and don't quote people wrongly.
[/size]

[size=22pt]Seun[/size] [size=18pt]this message is for you[/size]
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by member479760: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2012
Oil has been discovered in the northern part of Mali, the home base of the Fulani in that country, now those Fulani want their own country in order to control the oil alone as their God given resource. right now, another war of greed (Biafra) is going on in Mali.

It is good for them to have a taste of the biafra war, after all Mali government supported Biafra. one should wonder which card they are playing now after their support for Biafra to go away from the big entity.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by otondo55: 9:51am On Mar 25, 2012
aa
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by noiseless: 9:51am On Mar 25, 2012
What a dumb @ss lies,or you just can't stand the fact that MALI supported their HAUSA/FULANI COUSINS to fight BIAFRA, and now could find themselves in situation where not even their HAUSA/FULANI COUSINS could rescue them.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by antartica(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2012
I think his daughter's death is making him lose his mind fast,coupled with the fact that northern thieves like him are not able to directly lay their soiled hands on nigerian coffers anymore to replemish their stolen wealth,like gej and his crew does at the moment.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Dipwater(m): 9:55am On Mar 25, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

1 *

WARNING:

Who are u threatning wat about policians dat embezzle public funds wat did the law say about dem. Abeg go sit down jor
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Dipwater(m): 10:00am On Mar 25, 2012
nakedall: Oil has been discovered in the northern part of Mali, the home base of the Fulani in that country, now those Fulani want their own country in order to control the oil alone as their God given resource. right now, another war of greed (Biafra) is going on in Mali.

It is good for them to have a taste of the biafra war, after all Mali government supported Biafra. one should wonder which card they are playing now after their support for Biafra to go away from the big entity.

Olboy no go talk wetin u knw o the war wuznt about greed pls study ur history very well
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 25, 2012
Coup and military rule can never be a solution to Nigeria's problem. It led us to this problem we are battling up to today. The lopsided federation...the faulty constititufion and the pseudo-federalism we practice today are al legacy left for us by the military. No right thinking person should ever contemplate military rule again...never!
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by emron1(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2012
while a coup is very much possible i don't believe it will solve nigerias problems rather it will increase them like it or not nigeria still has one of africas most stable democracy lets give it some time and i believe it will work.a coup will either take us far too back wards or even desintegrate the country cause nigeria as it is now has one of the most councious citizens in africa,and this situation could be likened with the fall of the soviet union while the citizens where fulstrated with the country or union some millitary elements tried to stage a coup and this led to the fall of a world power.

1 Like

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by CaptBarbosa: 10:36am On Mar 25, 2012
Dude, you and I should know that calling for a marshall law is a treasonable felony, most profoundly, when such a call is being done when there is a constitutional authority widely elected in place. We should all contribute to this country in different capacity we can, not just seat down, fold arm and castigate the government.

On a lighter note, anyone caught preaching this outright treasonable sermon, should be ready to face the full wrath of the law, while I notice you mis-read my initial intention, I make bold to say it was an act of caution and in no way means a threat. cool

We on ruling party find this outburst by el-rufai, as not only unhealthy but capable of heating up the polity. We have various challenges, most notable is the security and corruption, we expect all hands to be on deck brainstorming on the best way out this storm.

. . .on the facility decay, the present admisnistration needs more time to bare fruit its numerous transformational agenda and reforms. Stay bless cool

kingoflag:

You're a funny fellow. Since you believe in the constitution so much, isn't it in the constitution that the Government will take care of the citizens? Where does it say the citizens should suffer while the President devours Billion Naira meals?

And who are you threatening with your bullshiyyt "treasonable felony" ? Solve ordinary Electricity Problem and then I'll take you serious. Until then, shut your mouth up and go seat in a corner.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by PointB: 10:52am On Mar 25, 2012
Hmmm, El Rufia has a point here. Indeed there is an on-going coup in Nigeria. Boko Haram has initiated a coup to removed Northern leaders - Including El Rufia, from power and influence! But they are hanging on and attempting to deflect the pressure and attention to south south leaders and their oil income. This effort will fail as the on-going coup will mostly sweep away the inept Northern leaders who have failed their people and turned a major source of embarassment to the good people of Nigeria.

However the good people of South should be very vigilant and ensure that the coup is contained in the North! More soldiers should be deployed in core North to contain this coup! El Rufia and his cohorts are failed politicians, judgement knocks their door.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by noiseless: 10:54am On Mar 25, 2012
noiseless: What a dumb @ss lies,or you just can't stand the fact that MALI supported their HAUSA/FULANI COUSINS to fight BIAFRA, and now could find themselves in situation where not even their HAUSA/FULANI COUSINS could rescue them.
nakedall: Oil has been discovered in the northern part of Mali, the home base of the Fulani in that country, now those Fulani want their own country in order to control the oil alone as their God given resource. right now, another war of greed (Biafra) is going on in Mali.

Can you swollow this.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by teskyg: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2012
One man food is another man's poison.the coup go pay.I have some uncles and cousin in the military.I will bcome a personal assistant or adviser if any of them is appointed a minister or Governor.But El-Rufai will definately be amoung the politicians they will publicly executed for taking us backward.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by tefund(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2012
If corruption is enough is enough reason to warrant coup,who legalised $biiilion dollars lootocrazy ?abacha?ibb ..all military men.iam not holding brief for corruption ,mind you
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by tefund(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2012
If corruption is enough is enough reason to warrant coup,who legalised $biiilion dollars lootocrazy ?abacha?ibb ..all military men.iam not holding brief for corruption ,mind you
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by drnoel: 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2012
These people are sore losers. they've been in power all this while while the south-south has just sat and watched but that that while they just enriched themselves and did nothing 4 the country and now that the south-south is in power, they are crying foul. That coupe will not happen, if it does it will be bloody cos the south-south will not sit and just watch like they did previously. Anyone who has brain in his head should have realized that by now. Anyone calling 4 coupe in Nigeria is a bloody traitor and should be treated as such, an enemy of the state. The person should be hunted down like an animal. Have we not learnt anything 4rm history, what has the numerous coupes done in Nigeria brought Nigerians, nothing. GEJ is now in power, I am not happy with his government but its his time now to rule. He has made some good moves and some bad ones, its best we support him 4 the growth of the country. Though, I think he should use more force on these militants and not go greasing their pride.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by olatwo(m): 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2012
kingoflag: A Coup WILL happen in Nigeria, its not a matter of If but when!

A lot of you are just so tribal in nature that you're so blind and stupid to evil as long as its your kinsman committing the atrocities.

When the coup happens, Nigeria WILL NOT BREAK UP! I can see Eastern Politicians getting an ere*ction in the hopes that Rebel factions will start an uprising immediately after any coup, disintegrate Nigeria, then let them (Politicians) come back to cause more damage in Biafara (or whatever name they think up this time)like they did in Nigeria. Not this time! Any Coup this time will have to be as bloody as possible wiping out as much of these Politicians/Local Rebels in one full move as quickly as possible. Crippling blows from North,East, to the West.

If you think there aren't still patriots in the Nigerian Army that are disgusted at this civilian Government like you and I, then you're dreaming. The Coup is inevitable, and I bet you this : the only hinderance right now (because of the tribal nature of the average Nigerian) is probably the need to make it all look "balanced" i.e every section of the country took part in eliminating a corrupt Government because we all know the first cry of GEJ will be "HAUSAS AND YORUBAS HATE ME". . . .

I'd like to hear what his reaction will be when the Army officer reading the takeover speech is a fellow Ijaw like himself.

I salute your straight forwardness bro! Ʋ know i wonder how some people here are alwayz quick in shouting separation of nigeria. Same people have failed to ask their leaders ΨђåƮ they do with allocations they receive. Oil or no Oil nigeria will still remain, with 1 people or not.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2012
ola_two:

I salute your straight forwardness bro! Ʋ know i wonder how some people here are alwayz quick in shouting separation of nigeria. Same people have failed to ask their leaders ΨђåƮ they do with allocations they receive. Oil or no Oil nigeria will still remain, with 1 people or not.

Those who think Nigeria will not break up if there is a coup are those who have never left their hometowns, people who only know the country through rumour.
You better wake up.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Gbawe: 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2012
passyjango: I do not even know what the issue here is. Are we saying that given the state of affairs in Nigeria that a coup is impossible or is it because the comment came from a disgruntled Northern leader? Forget the messenger take the message.

Nigeria is already heading in the wrong direction and as Newton stated in his third law of motion an object (or a country) will maintain steady speed in a given direction until it is acted upon by a force. That force must not be a coup, but if the force is not coming from the leaders and the people are not applying any reasonable force for change, where the do you want the force to come from?

The words of El Rufai should be noted rather than being waved away.

Thank you. Real men, able to embrace pragmatic and difficult solutions, provide the way forward. History bears this out. Were most of us not around when Rawlings did what he had to do to rescue his beloved Ghana? The situation of Nigeria today is a million times worse than that which prompted Rawlings to act so brutally.

We have a President in place capitulating totally in regards to grand scale corruption, terrorism and leadership ineptitude. He has convened a team only capable of empty talk while the merciless plundering of Nigeria is now very rampant as revealed by issues such as the subsidy scam which showed the entire world the scale of unchecked corruption going on under this ultra-weak President. Let some continue to fool themselves that Nigerians do not exist who are willing to use force to end the mindless loss of lives and destructive greed, callousness and corruption crippling Nigeria. I wonder what some of us translate events in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia to be if not rebellion against
misrule percieved to be unacceptable.

It could be the army and it coul be the people. The intention is the same i.e putting an end to misrule deemed grossly unacceptable. If Nigeria is not at that level, under this "free for all" President impotently incapable of safegaurding Nigerian lives, then we should simply continue suffering, smiling and being slaughtered like Chickens.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2012
^
I recall you also wishing it could be boko haram (while admiring their bravery or "stomach" as you put it).
It is sad to be so desperate.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by CaptBarbosa: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
@ Gbawe

The last time I checked, ours is a different scenario, our government is a legitimate and widely acceptable government. I normally, get cold feet when I see blind opposition driving people to brink of frustration and bitterness.

By the way, the only constitutional acceptable means of changing governmant is via elections and not barrel of gun or wishful thinking. I indulge you people to hit the ground running and make good use of the the remaining 3 years to change the present situation.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Gbawe: 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2012
Beaf: ^
I recall you also wishing it could be boko haram (while admiring their bravery or "stomach" as you put it).
It is sad to be so desperate.

Shut up fool. Bright nairalanders will never take you seriously because they now completely understand your mission of using crudely decietful spin to divert attention away from how GEJ is simply a very woeful President marking time indolently in Aso Rock to the detriment of Nigeria. His clannish foot soldiers, like you, are only disgracefully interested in deceptively laundering dirt so that "your brother" ,never mind his gross incompetence failing all Nigerians, completes "our turn". You are just a sad creature.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2012
Gbawe:

Shut up fool. Bright nairalanders will never take you seriously because they now completely understand your mission of using crudely decietful spin to divert attention away from how GEJ is simply a very woeful President marking time indolently in Aso Rock to the detriment of Nigeria. His clannish foot soldiers, like you, are only disgracefully interested in deceptively laundering dirt so that "your brother" ,never mind his gross incompetence failing all Nigerians, completes "our turn". You are just a sad creature.

Just as u are to Tinubu and ACN.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by kutchs: 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2012
And may I ask what the army will achieve shud they take ova? Oh! Now I know, turn Nigeria into a paradise on earth. Honest view indeed. Last time I checked Buhari overthrew Shagari, IBB overthrew Buhari, Abacha pushed Shonekan aside nd then died to let in Abubakar nd yet Nigeria did not move an inch forward. Come to think of it, if past govts especially the millitary ones had done what they claimed they were going to do, Nigeria wouldnt have been in this mess.

1 Like

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by kettykings: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2012
Elrufai now thinks a coup is possible , when he was demolishing people's hoes he didnt think it was possible

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun State Generates N15B In 10 Months For The Year 2014 / Saraki Promises To Intervene In Aviation Sector Facility Crisis / 2023: Appeal Court Affirms Ikechi Emenike As Abia APC Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.