Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria (9164 Views)

Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Arik Presents Ipad3 to Omojuwa, Elrufai's Mouth Piece And Chief Hacker(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by aikuda(m): 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2012
I wonder the average age of the people calling for a coup here on NL. We tried that before, and we all know how they turned out. As for El Rufai, he is simply disgruntled because he is out of favor with the current Governmnent.
Look, if a coup occurs, there may or may not be unsual response, but what is certain is that, Nigeria would have taked a step backward. People the would over are moving forward, Nigeria would be moving backward if a coup were to occur. El Rufai would like that because that is how his kind thrive in Nigeria.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by ibedun: 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2012
Nothing GOOD will ever come out of BAD people.

The average Nigerian is irresponsible but yet we clamour for a responsible government. Thats expecting a mouse to give birth to a cat. It will never happen.

Nigerians are inherently BAD people. The only solution is our outright extermination.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2012
aikuda: I wonder the average age of the people calling for a coup here on NL. We tried that before, and we all know how they turned out. As for El Rufai, he is simply disgruntled because he is out of favor with the current Governmnent.
Look, if a coup occurs, there may or may not be unsual response, but what is certain is that, Nigeria would have taked a step backward. People the would over are moving forward, Nigeria would be moving backward if a coup were to occur. El Rufai would like that because that is how his kind thrive in Nigeria.

...For posterity. wink
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2012
Gbawe:

Shut up fool. Bright nairalanders will never take you seriously because they now completely understand your mission of using crudely decietful spin to divert attention away from how GEJ is simply a very woeful President marking time indolently in Aso Rock to the detriment of Nigeria. His clannish foot soldiers, like you, are only disgracefully interested in deceptively laundering dirt so that "your brother" ,never mind his gross incompetence failing all Nigerians, completes "our turn". You are just a sad creature.

Your jokes are boring, bruv.
Best way to reply scum is by showing them their own words. So here we go, mr boko haram worshipper and "owner of Nigeria:"

Gbawe:

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where [size=14pt]the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net?[/size] Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

[size=14pt]Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837167.0.html#msg9883217

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2012
Mr. Lagcity is sick of all these bickering between Yoruba and Igbo. Let's cut the crap and take this battle off NL into the physical realm. To all NL tribalists in the Washington, DC metro area who are interested in a fight club, contact me at ohafiawardance@yahoo.com. Let's make it happen. Please sign up at this e-mail:ohafiawardance@yahoo.com

There are no big expenses involved.

You'll need a pair of boxing gloves which you can get at Walmart or Sears.

You'll also need a valid ID (people under the age of 21 are not allowed to fight but can watch for just $10)

Fighters will be matched by weight (all weights are welcome).

ohafiawardance@yahoo.com

ohafiawardance@yahoo.com
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Gbawe: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2012
Funkymallam:

Just as u are to Tinubu and ACN.

Trust you to arrive on cue to defend your pathetic boyfriend. Show the forum where I defend any harmful actions of Tinubu and the ACN blindly as your boyfriend does for GEJ. If you can't do that I suggest you stop following me around telling the same lie. Check to see, for example, that I strongly opposed Fashola's support for subsidy removal. You are one of those not bright enough to discern that support for a political party, and belief in its policies, does not amount to blind backing for everything the party and its members do. It is only in Nigeria people don't believe in joining the political process while thinking it is cool to sit on the fence merely attacking others.

Meanwhile, show the forum one single negative action of GEJ your boyfriend has ever condemned even as we all know there are too many to count. Whether it is subsidy removal, Teslim Folarin's sham clearance from a murder charge, OGD ridiculous legislative gangsterism, shoddy handling of boko haram saga, deploying soldiers against Nigerians, dictatorial grandstanding,tenure elongation, conceding maritime security to militants or hideous profligacy, your shameless boyfriend is there supporting it all blindy and vociferously. Abeg don't ever compare me to that mindlessly clannish fool simply because you have a crush on him and feel duty bound to defend him.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2012
Lol! Boko haram luv'n phuck.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2012
El-rufai!! this man still dey talk. It will only be possible if El-rufai is the head of the army and more 1,000 coups to follow after. This man still can stop behaving like a kid, kids are even better than him
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by prettyboi1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2012
I hate it when people talk with sentiments,el-Rufai only answered someone's question & he only said "I think so." So why are all of you talking trash. I'm not even a northerner,but I also hold the same opinion that a coup though might not happen,but there's also a possibility it could happen. 50/50. If it were to happen,it wouldnt be because Jonathan is a Southerner or because somebody just wants power, it would simply be because Jonathan is WEAK,he has failed to protect the country from internal aggression (now imagine if Nigeria was facing external aggression would he not be more clueless?),he has ruined our economy to stages that nobody else in this country had ever reached,his government is the most lawless,most undisciplined & most corrupt this country has ever seen yet he can't tackle any of this. Jonathan wouldn't have anything to be scared of if he was decisive & leading with direction.For God's sake,Obasanjo wasn't a northerner but who could Bleep with him? Nobody....that was a LEADER right there. IT'S NOT ABOUT TRIBE OR REGION OR RELIGION,IT'S THE FACT THAT JONATHAN & HIS GOVERNMENT ARE WEAK,CLUELESS & LACK DIRECTION.

1 Like

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Gbawe: 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2012
pretty_boi: I hate it when people talk with sentiments,el-Rufai only answered someone's question & he only said "I think so." So why are all of you talking trash. I'm not even a northerner,but I also hold the same opinion that a coup though might not happen,but there's also a possibility it could happen. 50/50. If it were to happen,it wouldnt be because Jonathan is a Southerner or because somebody just wants power, it would simply be because Jonathan is WEAK,he has failed to protect the country from internal aggression (now imagine if Nigeria was facing external aggression would he not be more clueless?),he has ruined our economy to stages that nobody else in this country had ever reached,his government is the most lawless,most undisciplined & most corrupt this country has ever seen yet he can't tackle any of this. Jonathan wouldn't have anything to be scared of if he was decisive & leading with direction.For God's sake,Obasanjo wasn't a northerner but who could Bleep with him? Nobody....that was a LEADER right there. IT'S NOT ABOUT TRIBE OR REGION OR RELIGION,IT'S THE FACT THAT JONATHAN & HIS GOVERNMENT ARE WEAK,CLUELESS & LACK DIRECTION.

Man mi, abeg tell them. GEJ only reminds me of Shehu Shagari. A hesitant, weak figurehead and clueless opportunist placed far above his station. Those sort only attract mutiny because they are the worst type of leaders who will only encourage the worst in the land to act with total impunity because everyone understands that a totally unprincipled and weak man ,scared of everything and everyone, is in charge.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Dainfamous: 12:17am On Mar 26, 2012
rufai is a fool, does he think that military coup in nigeria will not result to braking up the last bolts that hold the country together? mali is in big trouble the rebels are taking over town by town in the south and these rebel have links with (AL Q) and you people think that MASSOB/MEND which have already secure Eastern Nigeria suppose to be a hint to rufai and boko haram sponsors that any military coup will lead to quick dismantling of nigeria watch the video and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfq7SC0gUkw
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 12:29am On Mar 26, 2012
Da infamous: rufai is a fool, does he think that military coup in nigeria will not result to braking up the last bolts that hold the country together? mali is in big trouble the rebels are taking over town by town in the south and these rebel have links with (AL Q) and you people think that MASSOB/MEND which have already secure Eastern Nigeria suppose to be a hint to rufai and boko haram sponsors that any military coup will lead to quick dismantling of nigeria watch the video and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfq7SC0gUkw

You took the words out of my mouth.
Most people seem not to know this.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 12:34am On Mar 26, 2012
1 thing we seemingly and willingly seem to forget is that Nigeria [including the Army many are calling the messiah] is heavily fragmented along religious and tribal lines like never before.
We have ethnic militias stocking up ammunition and running rings around our security forces.
MEND dropped our oil production to 700k barrels from 2.1 million barrels
BH has turned the north into ghost towns and some people are seeing the military as the savior.
SMh in disbelief. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by SamIkenna: 1:27am On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Thank you. Real men, able to embrace pragmatic and difficult solutions, provide the way forward. History bears this out. Were most of us not around when Rawlings did what he had to do to rescue his beloved Ghana? The situation of Nigeria today is a million times worse than that which prompted Rawlings to act so brutally.

We have a President in place capitulating totally in regards to grand scale corruption, terrorism and leadership ineptitude. He has convened a team only capable of empty talk while the merciless plundering of Nigeria is now very rampant as revealed by issues such as the subsidy scam which showed the entire world the scale of unchecked corruption going on under this ultra-weak President. Let some continue to fool themselves that Nigerians do not exist who are willing to use force to end the mindless loss of lives and destructive greed, callousness and corruption crippling Nigeria. I wonder what some of us translate events in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia to be if not rebellion against
misrule percieved to be unacceptable.

It could be the army and it coul be the people. The intention is the same i.e putting an end to misrule deemed grossly unacceptable. If Nigeria is not at that level, under this "free for all" President impotently incapable of safegaurding Nigerian lives, then we should simply continue suffering, smiling and being slaughtered like Chickens.

Nwanne, Nigeria is very hot, tense, and divided for anything to work smoothly even if its sent from heaven. Any coup in Nigeria right now is going to be catastrophic. Who is going to lead it? Yoruba is smart enough not to get involve, Igbo wont even try, Maybe a teleguided SS will but I still doubt it. Now who will? North? That will be the end of the marriage between East and Core north.

My brother, GEJ represents something that is way beyond some regions in Nigeria to comprehend and any attempt to topple him will give momentum to the centrigual forces in Nigeria.

Nigeria has been on its knees for ages and its going to take a huge amount of time to pull it out of the woods. GEJ may not be the best man for the job just as OBJ, Shagari, IBB, Buhari, Abacha, etc but in today's Nigeria it'll be unthinkable to boot him out by force.

I hope people realize how divided this country is before they try anything good or bad. We all saw how MEND almost crippled oil supply before, what do you think would happen if GEJ is kicked out? Mind you GEJ is not just an Ijaw man, hes a core Easterner and if hes kicked out you can bet the East will leave Nigeria for the second and final time.

Coup against GEJ is like giving a smoked fish to a mouse to keep, he will run with it. Personally I'm sick of Nigeria so I dont care about any coup but I warn those who have so much stake in Abuja to be careful with this power game because the outcome may unravel Nigeria.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by prettyboi1(m): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2012
See what sooo much lawlessness & indiscipline is causing to Nigeria? People come here talking trash about how massob or arewa or odua etc would fight & protect their regions? Let me ask some questions,who the phock are massob,arewa lot odua & co? Anyways I don't blame all of you,Jonathan is SOOO WEAK TO THE POINT THAT ORDINARY CITIZENS NOW WAKE UP & OUT OF GROSS INDISCIPLINE & LAWLESSNESS NOW FORM STUPID ALLIANCES LIKE MASSOB,AREWA,ODUA,BOKO HARAM,MEND etc to threaten national peace & unity & dumb people would be hailing these rebel & militant groups. All of you talking about "what & what not & how strong massob & co are," wait until we get a disciplined,principled &decisive president that would smoke all those stupid groups & alliances you people think are strong. What arrant rubbish. Massob my foot,opc my foot,arewa my foot,boko haram my foot...all these people for hear wiin if I was president. You just think you can threaten national peace because of your gross indiscipline & start forming regional alliances that are not officially recognized by the constitution of the country? Make una wait.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
Da infamous: rufai is a fool, does he think that military coup in nigeria will not result to braking up the last bolts that hold the country together? mali is in big trouble the rebels are taking over town by town in the south and these rebel have links with (AL Q) and you people think that MASSOB/MEND which have already secure Eastern Nigeria suppose to be a hint to rufai and boko haram sponsors that any military coup will lead to quick dismantling of nigeria watch the video and see

I will not take you seriously untill you stop quoting aljazeera, aljazeera doesn't bring news, it brings propaganda.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by ImadeUReadThis: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2018
This midget needs to be hanged on his scrawny neck till he chokes to death on his own venom

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely / Army's Frustration, Premium Times' Sabotage / Buhari Travels To Jordan To Discuss Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.