Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend (3271 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by chinne1(f): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2007
My aunty is presently married with a kid now, but back in the days when she was still single she used to date this guy who even all of us get to know loves her so much.

But then the guy was aspiring to travel to Switzerland for greener pastures, when he finally left, it was'nt up to 12 months and my aunt got married to another guy.
Now to our greatest surprised, last month, his then boyfriend came back from Switzerland and before you know it he got auntys mobile no and started calling her,
told her he was back but aunty refused to go and see him instead invited him over for a dinner with her Family including the husband ,
after the dinner, he never stops disturbing her till date, he said he has come back to take what rightfully belongs to him.

He has even gone to her parents to tell them his intention , he is really desperate to have her back,

My aunt when asked if he proposed to marry her before he traveled , said no but they were only saying, if its God wish they will get married, she also said that the guy have always said it when they were dating, that even if she was married when he comes back(from Switzerland) that he will come for her,
Now he has finally done as he said, the lady is turn apart, she has gone on holiday to stay with her parents for some time to get over this,

Can any one here tell me what you feel about this whole thing, its crazy in deed.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by daisyjo(f): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2007
very crazy indeed.If i were in her shoes,i would get it all in the open and tell my husband.keeping secrets like this can be disastrous.THE ex will blackmail her if she knows she's scared of letting her husband know.if her husband is mature and really loves her,he should invite the guy to a nuetral place and tell him that he knows of his past relationship with his wife,appreciates the fact that he also loves her,explain again that his wife has moved on with her life by getting married to him and advise mr ex to also move on.The man should be made to know that should he try anything funny,the issue will be reported to the police.

I do before but i no do again no be wahala.It takes a real man to take a "no" for an answer angry

1 Like

Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by opokonwa(m): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2007
This is really crazy.

I do not know what to make of it.

The guy is really a tempter a son of the devil tempting a married woman.

I think your aunt's present husband should be made aware of the danger that poses his marriage. I don't think your aunt should shield him from this.

As that would tantamount to her trying to work it out alone. Besides it would put her to more pressure and I don't see her winning.

Both couple should stick together now as glue AND FIGHT OFF THIS INVASION.

1 Like

Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Gmoney5(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2007
There's nothing crazy about this. Your aunt is married. She needs to tell the obudo-oyibo guy to buzz off. She's another man's property. She should not be entertaining his calls if he's calling to have her back.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by chika98: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2007
What's crazy about this? She needs to stop entertaining him SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by eezzy(f): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2007
I fully agree with Chika, the lady needs to tell that man
in no uncertain terms that what was is gone and cannot be
revisted. Becoming a refugee at her mothers will not help her
cos eventually she'll be back and the guy will start again.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by finekid(m): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2007
Whatever is your aunty looking for? shocked sad embarassed sad . . . pathetic, disgraceful, sickening. . .
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by mutter(f): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2007
, greener pastures?
Don´t be surprised if her family is in support because of hard currency undecided
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Pappyjesby(m): 1:47am On Nov 14, 2007
The woman shouldn't hide anything from her husband in the first place, she should have opened up to him and let him know what had transpired between them before the guy left for switzerland.

It's like the woman is still interested in the old relationship, if not she shouldn't have invited him for dinner, the issue of invitation to dinner should not have come up at this time, the moment the guy had made his mission known to you the next thing to do is to sound it loud and clear to him your position concerning the matter, you cannot eat your cake and have it. My advise for the woman is to sit down and think very well, is she still interested in the Swiss man or her present husband, then she should choose and make her stand known to every one. It is then her real husband can
come to her aid and protect her from the intruder.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by almondjoy(f): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2007
Your aunt must be dissatisfied with her husband for her to be feeling like a "teenager" again. She has 2 options.

If she is not happy with her husband, she needs to tell her husband and leave the marriage. It feels like she still has feelings for the Swiss bobo.  No problem there, but she must leave her marriage first before she commits adultery and ruins her home.

Or,

Your aunt should be strong and face her marriage.  Just explain to "Mr. Swiss Cheese" that she is flattered but no thanks. The grass is not greener on the outside

This Swiss bobo must have a lot of guts to come into a man's house who hosted him and abuse his hospitality.  I do not know why he just can't let her be and respect the fact that she is married.

Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by omena555(f): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2007
ur aunty has to let everything known to her husband and also let her ex know that she is married now and hence not interested. but there is need for caution in all this. everything should be done carefully. there have been cases where aggrieved parties have ended up hurting their victims, some even resulting in acid baths. reason being becos the guy feels cheating (to him oh) and decides to get revenge before disappearing finally. so pls u all have to be very careful about the whole thing. also commit it to God in prayers and ask Him to allow His peace reign in ur aunty's home.

1 Like

Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by uchetobi(f): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2007
She should cut him off from her life, what is a married woman doing entertaining an ex lover, she should tell him its over, as in OVER and asks that he leaves her in peace
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by drnoel: 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
If she loved the guy then its only a matter of time b4 she walks out of her marriage,
Its a very complicated situation but it depends strongly on if she loves the man she is presently married to.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by efisher(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2011
They say if you give the devil one room, he will take the whole house. That was d first mistake.
Going forward, it is time to discuss the best line of action with the husband and both should agree on how to completely shut off the guy from the family. Think about it, if the "swiss" guy loves her so much why did he not write her letters within d 12 months or propose to her b4 leaving? BTW, 1 year is enough time for a person to change completely. Do u know what d guy has done with his life during the period. There should be no room for negotiations here at all. SHUT HIM OUT NOW!!!
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Outstrip(f): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2011
Your aunty needs to resist the devil
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Bawss1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2011
So how is the family in shambles?
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by tpia5: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2011
the lady is turn apart, she has gone on holiday to stay with her parents for some time to get over this

irin po lese e.

what's tearing her apart?

swedish abi na swiss visa?
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by freecocoa(f): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2011
Seems like the woman is even encouraging him,why invite him for dinner and entertain his calls when she know his intentions? She should put her foot down.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by dady2011(m): 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
@chi-nne

This is a dissaster waiting to happen. If she does not drive this crazy swiss ex boyfriend away now, here is what will happen to her:
1. She will be carried away by the prospect of travelling with ex to make some $$$$$ (will not happen, even if it does, there is guarantee that the ex has not turn into a drug dealer, 419, love-vendor or probably a thug abroad to survive)
2. She will start having sex with him while still marriage to her husband
3. When she become pregnant, the Ex may dump her and walk away (afterall he has got what he wanted)
4. If he marries her ex, chances are that she may have to share him with so many other girls, in any case she will be the losser for it
5. She may run back to beg her real husband to take her back - I hope the man will not be foollish to accept her back then
6. The stability and happiness of her child will be at risk

If she still has any iota of common sense left on her kokonut head, she should stop communicating with her ex-lover immediately. she should change her phone # and never call or receive or welcome him into her life again before this devil destroy her home. and finally she should immediately let her husband know what is going on without which his life might be at a risk.

I hope she and her family are not crazy about $$$$$ to be unable to think straight and see the danger ahead.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by jayhansome: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2015
First of all, dis is wat happens wen sentiment (instead of logic) is employed in reasoning.Ur anty is confused bcuz it is obvious she doesn't knw wat she wants!
1.Y on earth will she invite d guy to dinner wit her husband n kids?
2. Y does she need to go to her family hauz to get ova d guy?(wat is there to even get over)
3. Ur anty is a disgrace bcuz no good wife will introduce competition into her marriage.
4. She better tell her husband b4 tinz get out of hand bcuz as it is nw , she is gradually entangling her sef.
IF SHE IS NT CAREFUL , SHE WILL LOOSE HER HUSBAND FOR SOMEONE WHO STILL CARRIES THE TITLE OF A BOIFRND.
jst saying ...............
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by mrsmith11(m): 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
When an issue like this becomes difficult for a woman to handle then you know her heart is divided
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by KanwuliaJara: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Her marriage must not be all that great!
Yeye woman!
Na only she get EX? undecided

She dey behave like MGBEKE!
Bush woman!!!!! grin
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by ifyalways(f): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
almondjoy:
Your aunt must be dissatisfied with her husband for her to be feeling like a "teenager" again. She has 2 options.

If she is not happy with her husband, she needs to tell her husband and leave the marriage. It feels like she still has feelings for the Swiss bobo.  No problem there, but she must leave her marriage first before she commits adultery and ruins her home.

Or,

Your aunt should be strong and face her marriage.  Just explain to "Mr. Swiss Cheese" that she is flattered but no thanks. The grass is not greener on the outside

This Swiss bobo must have a lot of guts to come into a man's house who hosted him and abuse his hospitality.  I do not know why he just can't let her be and respect the fact that she is married.

Word!

The woman encouraged it most definitely. Whats with inviting an ex to dinner in the first place? To sing Kumbaya or compare notes with hubby? The nerves. sad
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by KanwuliaJara: 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
almondjoy:

Or,

So I don post for hia before? grin

KanwuliaJara:
Her marriage must not be all that great!
Yeye woman!
Na only she get EX? undecided
She dey behave like MGBEKE!
Bush woman!!!!! grin

The woman na REAL NOVICE CHOPPER!
Buuuuuuuuuuuuush woman!!!!

Ta!!!!!!! angry
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Goldenboy007(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
A man is as good as dead without money !!! Her current husband must be a pauper as he has become so inconsequential ! Boyfriend get power pass husband !!! Women !!!! May God help us !!!
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Ewuro4: 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Poor dude.
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by gidjah(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
All this. Happened between one or two years?your sister wasn't calling him to know about his doings while abroad?she married sharp sharp!!
Re: My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend by Haywhymido(m): 1:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Tell her to tell her husband. All is well

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Poor Guys Give Birth To Many Children. / Eating Out! / Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.