Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) (1719 Views)

5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office / 8 Governors Who Have No Business Building Airports / Meet The Wives Of Governors In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by RoadStar: 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
Governor Obi has been rattled by evidence of his extremely high unpopularity in Anambra. Obi was shaken by the defeat of all three senatorial candidates he backed during the April 2011 general elections. Most of the candidates personally chosen by Governor Obi and the All Peoples Grand Alliance (APGA) also suffered crushing defeat.

Several sources in Anambra, including a member of Governor Obi’s cabinet, several clergy and top bureaucrats, told Saharareporters that Mr. Obi sponsored two separate groups of senior journalists to visit Anambra. Our sources disclosed that the journalists, who were Obi’s guests three weeks ago, received both cash handouts and the promise of state-sponsored supplements in their publications.

Our sources revealed that one group of journalists was led by Dame Comfort Obi of The Source magazine while Femi Adesina, deputy managing director of the Sun, led the other group. A source within Government House, Awka disclosed that each member of the group led by Mr. Adesina received a cash gift of 350,000 naira each while members of Dame Comfort Obi’s group received 250,000 naira each. Read on ....

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/gov-obi-spends-millions-secure-favorable-press-popularity-plummets

1 Like

Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by RoadStar: 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^
Top of my list is definitely Peter Obi, Governor of Anambra State.
He has exploited this to devastating effect.
This man could easily pass as the worst Governor in Nigeria but his press hype has enabled him get away with murder.

Secondly, on Visiting Port-Harcourt last year, I can tell you all that Amaechi's achievements are far from we are made to believe.

Top on my my list include
1. PETER OBI (ANAMBRA STATE)
2. ROTIMI AMAECHI (RIVERS STATE
3. GODSWILL AKPABIO (AKWA IBOM STATE)
4. ROCHAS OKOROCHA (unconfirmed) (IMO STATE)

You can expose Governors left out of this list ...
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Beaf: 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by RoadStar: 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^
Explain !
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Beaf: 11:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
^
My apologies, I misread you.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Abagworo(m): 12:00am On Mar 28, 2012
I'm happy a lot of people have opened their eyes in Anambra. 2014 will be hot. Previously each time I criticized Obi on NL, chino11 will try to divert attention by making it Imo vs Anambra while my aim was to prove Obi's inefficiency. I had to do the Anambra vs Abia thread (which I later regretted) to expose Obi.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by MrGlobe(m): 1:23am On Mar 28, 2012
Egba mi ooo... @roadstar pls change this title topic to reflect the content. This matter needs to be analysed critically. Nigerian Journalists are among the bloodsuckers killing this country (word to Rueben Abbati). Only in Nigeria will a journalist recieve handouts to try to potray the treachery and decay of Peter Obi in good light. Its magical.
Btw, your list will be correct if Amaechi is least. I have not seen him running around the media with fake pictures and he is not telling you he is doing much but let that be for another thread pls.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by RoadStar: 3:24am On Mar 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Egba mi ooo... @roadstar pls change this title topic to reflect the content. This matter needs to be analysed critically. Nigerian Journalists are among the bloodsuckers killing this country (word to Rueben Abbati). Only in Nigeria will a journalist recieve handouts to try to potray the treachery and decay of Peter Obi in good light. Its magical.
Btw, your list will be correct if Amaechi is least. I have not seen him running around the media with fake pictures and he is not telling you he is doing much but let that be for another thread pls.

Amaechi is big in the media all dat talk about Rivers state power projects, refineries etc
U need to go to PH , apart from a couple of dualised roads theres not much on display.

For Rochas, I don't think imo state can afford his big dreams
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by musiwa43: 3:43am On Mar 28, 2012
look the first thing the Igbo people must do is to follow me and not anyone else. all the others are fake. I want progress for you. I dont want to post igbo universities on the internet. I have decided not to. I believe, awolowo would not be happy to see them, because me I am not happy to see some of their universities pictures. Apart from UNN. The mostly igbo state own universities need them to rebuild most of the building. When you compare with uniport and unical. The Igbo state own universities need alot of work.

This are some of the pictures online, I can find of Uniport and Unical build. just few pictures of the many department they may have. You can not compare that with Igbo state own universities. Enugu is trying small small. but not good enough. But it is building small small.

I know money is an issue, but they need to support and follow fight the fight of satellite pictures. The others dont want progress for you. After two years Jonathan Goodluck have not done anything. I tell you. Him no go do anything. If you notice the opposition control the south. While his party control the north.

una no need more money for una people.

Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Metalgoong(m): 4:04am On Mar 28, 2012
@Poster

You are on some cheap white powder . . . I'm sure you will be the worst governor in Nigeria if given the opportunity to rule Anambra state.

Peter Obi would shame your ilk if the constitution allows incumbent Governors to contest for a third term.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by ektbear: 4:47am On Mar 28, 2012
chino11's identity revealed?

As soon as Saharareporters started posing questions to some of the journalists who went on the sponsored trip to Awka, Valentine Obienyem, who handles the governor’s propaganda, began to post anti-Saharareporters’ messages on numerous listservs on the Internet. In one of these preemptive attacks, the state government’s propaganda machinery alleged that former Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State had asked Saharareporters and its founder to attack Governor Obi. The statement went further: “Tinubu told Sowore that the fight had started from Anambra and charged him to use his outfit to paint Gov. Obi bad. In the briefing, Tinubu told Sowore to attack anything that comes out from Anambra State.”
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by MrGlobe(m): 4:57am On Mar 28, 2012
Metalgoong: @Poster

You are on some cheap white powder . . . I'm sure you will be the worst governor in Nigeria if given the opportunity to rule Anambra state.

Peter Obi would shame your ilk if the constitution allows incumbent Governors to contest for a third term.
you are on cheap cow dung. Your peter obi is currently unelectable in Nigeria. He will probably be stoned to death if he steps out to campaign. He is the worst governor in Nigeria so kindly stfu
..............................................................................................
in others news please everybody pay no mind to the idi/otic bigot musiyoruba[i]fo[/i]ol
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by BlackPikiN(m): 5:38am On Mar 28, 2012
How much did Sahara reporters receive for Buhari's campaign?

Sahara reporters just need some god damned traffic to their website!

We dey wait for the next noise wey dem go make soon!
Rubbish!!!

Why dem no put Osun defender or dailytrust or the nation newspaper!

Nonsense!
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by dayokanu(m): 5:39am On Mar 28, 2012
Hmmm interesting
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by ZUBY77(m): 6:42am On Mar 28, 2012
Abagworo: I'm happy a lot of people have opened their eyes in Anambra. 2014 will be hot. Previously each time I criticized Obi on NL, chino11 will try to divert attention by making it Imo vs Anambra while my aim was to prove Obi's inefficiency. I had to do the Anambra vs Abia thread (which I later regretted) to expose Obi.

Dont worry, i know Anambra people. I live there and do business there. They worship money. Inside used car spare parts market ugwuagba obosi, i have heard many of the clamouring for Ifeanyi Uba, the ceo of capital oil. They wont vote any good and kind hearted candidate but a rich popular business man who will save money for them while they are starving. You will see what i am saying soon.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by brainchild78(m): 6:51am On Mar 28, 2012
well in a nutshell, if this is accurate and factual, then it goes 2 clearly expose how bias d nigerian press can be. hence, information coming from d media may not be credible & be taken wit a pinch of salt.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by deshclones(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2012
musiwa,,.:
look the first thing the Igbo people must do is to follow me and not anyone else. all the others are fake. I want progress for you. I dont want to post igbo universities on the internet. I have decided not to. I believe, awolowo would not be happy to see them, because me I am not happy to see some of their universities pictures. Apart from UNN. The mostly igbo state own universities need them to rebuild most of the building. When you compare with uniport and unical. The Igbo state own universities need alot of work.

This are some of the pictures online, I can find of Uniport and Unical build. just few pictures of the many department they may have. You can not compare that with Igbo state own universities. Enugu is trying small small. but not good enough. But it is building small small.

I know money is an issue, but they need to support and follow fight the fight of satellite pictures. The others dont want progress for you. After two years Jonathan Goodluck have not done anything. I tell you. Him no go do anything. If you notice the opposition control the south. While his party control the north.

una no need more money for una people.

Too bad a grown ass man thinks structures make a university..too bad..

This country is definitely f0rked on both sides if every body thinks like you undecided undecided
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by musiwa43: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2012
you think if someone is yoruba, so you think, they cant help. this person playing jonathan is an igbo man.. why, because all igbos abroad have seen the satellite pictures.

I have said break up Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMYFsAEfLZs&feature=related
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Callotti: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2012
If your 'press' is for sale. . .don't blame the governors.
It takes 2 to tangle.
All na politics! kiss
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by musiwa43: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
jj
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by antartica(m): 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
Nigeria media is as crude as the political class,same as judiciary not to mention the police. Intellectuals in nigeria are tutored to be stu.pid,without any sense of initiatives and rationality. Less comprehensible than coached ch.imps and monkeys scattered all over oyinbo labs to scientific researches and eugenics studies. They sell their birth rights for tokens as a result of fundamental ignorance,d. Intellectuals that steals,beg and lack.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 29, 2012
The OP should name one governor who has not engaged in buying popularity.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by phantom(m): 10:22am On Mar 29, 2012
OP ..conveniently forgot to mention fashola wey be number one over hyped governor and expects this thread to be taken seriously..lol.
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Uche2005: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
biko, idi igbo..
Re: Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) by Dainfamous: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
peter obi of anambra is not into those hype nonsense everyone knows that rochas aswell

(1) (Reply)

Reconstructing Nigeria For Prosperity By Charles Soludo / Pack Your Shiit With your Mouth, Nigeria soldiers told a civilian At Gun Point / Muhammadu Buhari And US War College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.