Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings (4776 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West / PDP Workers on Strike over non-payment of Three Months Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by stannydon(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Even in Imo State especially Mbaise people should start war against kidnapping. Most of the kidnappers are masterminded by Mbaise 419ners usually called Mbaise Stars. But unfortunately, government knew all these and are not doing anything about it. Up till now, one of them was caught using his nail industry as a hideout and noting has been done about it and the matter has ended just like that.Shame to our so called country and their govt.Most Nigerian are scared of coming home due to security lapses and most of them are intellectuals who can contribute immensely towards the development of our nation but are scared of coming home. Touts are ruling us and cannot make any change and are only interested in looting our treasury. unfortunately, after all these money looting, their children will end up becoming nuisance.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Boyloaf

Why dont you air your view maturely without insulting people. What makes you think you have ownership of everyone's opinions on this issue, seems to me you are sympathetic to the kidnappers. The fact that you are jobless lot dont mean you should kidnap innocent people. If MEND sideline you during the Amnesty programme, tackle MEND directly, leave the poor people alone!!!!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

I know you for your relentless campaigns for amnesty to militants, which is unfortunate. Now, you seem to be on the side of the kidnappers, which is even more unfortunate.

IMHO, ex-militants would find it much easier to bunker oil than kidnap people. If anyone kidnaps people, why on Earth would you think they deserve an amnesty, rather than a bullet? By your scenario (which is wrong), they have become enemies of the people who only deserve to be haunted down and fumigated.
beaf! As u HªvΣ noticed, i campaign FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ fair & equal treatment of M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ people,but U̶̲̥̅̊ confusin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ friend as i dnt seem τ̅☺ knw who U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ referin τ̅☺ as 'militants' BUT U̶̲̥̅̊ may want τ̅☺ explain things clearly τ̅☺ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on saturday by 7pm @ WINANS club along EKPAN road I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. Let ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ knw if U̶̲̥̅̊ can make it pls. I shall be honoured τ̅☺ meet U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
Boyloaf: beaf! As u HªvΣ noticed, i campaign FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ fair & equal treatment of M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ people,but U̶̲̥̅̊ confusin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ friend as i dnt seem τ̅☺ knw who U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ referin τ̅☺ as 'militants' BUT U̶̲̥̅̊ may want τ̅☺ explain things clearly τ̅☺ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on saturday by 7pm @ WINANS club along EKPAN road I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. Let ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ knw if U̶̲̥̅̊ can make it pls. I shall be honoured τ̅☺ meet U̶̲̥̅̊.
Beaf, dont go. This guy has a masterplan, me no get money to pay ransom to get you out.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
Boyloaf: beaf! As u HªvΣ noticed, i campaign FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ fair & equal treatment of M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ people,but U̶̲̥̅̊ confusin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ friend as i dnt seem τ̅☺ knw who U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ referin τ̅☺ as 'militants' BUT U̶̲̥̅̊ may want τ̅☺ explain things clearly τ̅☺ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on saturday by 7pm @ WINANS club along EKPAN road I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. Let ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ knw if U̶̲̥̅̊ can make it pls. I shall be honoured τ̅☺ meet U̶̲̥̅̊.

I'm not in Warri at the mo, so can't make it. Thanks for the invite tho.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
LeoMax: Beaf, dont go. This guy has a masterplan, me no get money to pay ransom to get you out.

Lol!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
LeoMax: @Boyloaf

Why dont you air your view maturely without insulting people. What makes you think you have ownership of everyone's opinions on this issue, seems to me you are sympathetic to the kidnappers. The fact that you are jobless lot dont mean you should kidnap innocent people. If MEND sideline you during the Amnesty programme, tackle MEND directly, leave the poor people alone!!!!
guy, try & Ƈϑ♍Ə τ̅☺ winans club @ ekpan wit beaf on saturday. We aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nt quarrelin Йą. I dnt support kidnappers @ all, i A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ only sayin wat i feel Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ reason behind †ЂΞ current security situation I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ delta. Una kan sabi type plenty!!!!!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
Boyloaf: guy, try & Ƈϑ♍Ə τ̅☺ winans club @ ekpan wit beaf on saturday. We aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nt quarrelin Йą. I dnt support kidnappers @ all, i A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ only sayin wat i feel Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ reason behind †ЂΞ current security situation I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ delta. Una kan sabi type plenty!!!!!
I prefer meeting with you at Lion Building, there is much to drink there during our discussion on this salient issue.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by stannydon(m): 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
Abagworo: The activities of kidnappers, robbers and cultists continued to take its toll on residents of Delta State on Wednesday as medical doctors, university lecturers and oil workers embarked on strike.

The action of the doctors, lecturers and the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, followed the abduction of their members at various locations in the state.

The doctors are demanding the release of their colleague, Dr. Ngozi Chukwuebulim, attached to Warri Central Hospital, who was kidnapped in the early hours of Sunday, while the oil workers are asking for the release of the Warri Area Manager of the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, Mr. Williams Enoh, who was kidnapped on Saturday.

A soldier attached to the Joint Task Force, who was serving as a guard to the PPMC manager was shot dead in the operation.

Already, the strike has resulted in the shutting down of filling stations in Warri.

Members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria and National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers in Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company, and Warri Area Office of PPMC have also withdrawn their services.

Even in Imo State especially Mbaise people should start war against kidnapping. Most of the kidnappers are masterminded by Mbaise 419ners usually called Mbaise Stars. But unfortunately, government knew all these and are not doing anything about it. Up till now, one of them was caught using his nail industry as a hideout and noting has been done about it and the matter has ended just like that.Shame to our so called country and their govt.Most Nigerian are scared of coming home due to security lapses and most of them are intellectuals who can contribute immensely towards the development of our nation but are scared of coming home. Touts are ruling us and cannot make any change and are only interested in looting our treasury. unfortunately, after all these money looting, their children will end up becoming nuisance.

(Report Post) (Mo
The Nigeria Union of Journalists is also planning a protest against the general insecurity in the state, especially the abduction of a journalist, Mr. Monday Whiskey, last week.

The Warri Central Hospital has also been shut down, while it was gathered that the kidnappers of the doctor are demanding N100m before releasing her.

Meanwhile, the Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly , Mr. Victor Ochei, was conspicuously absent at yesterday’s session of the House which was presided over by the Deputy Speaker, Mr. Basil Ganagana.

The Speaker, it was gathered, was still battling to make contacts with the abductors of his younger brother, Tobechukwu, on Tuesday in Asaba.

But the Speaker’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Eddy Akpati-Ogude, said the speaker went for another ‘’official assignment’’ and asked the deputy to preside for him.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by stannydon(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Abagworo(m): 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

IMHO, ex-militants would find it much easier to bunker oil than kidnap people..

I agree with you on this because I know that's what they are doing in Rivers State.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
Abagworo:

I agree with you on this because I know that's what they are doing in Rivers State.

Don't mind Boyloaf jare. He is letting his emotions carry him away.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by dayokanu(m): 7:13am On Mar 30, 2012
This is what Delta State has turned into

Mr Beaf, How about the Tinubu ACN connection that unleashed kidnappers on Delta State?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Speech Of Fresh Republc Of Biafra Declaration,nov 5,2012. A Funny Nation / Letter To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo / See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.