Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

k - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / k (1324 Views)

k / / What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

k by MurphyG1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2012
m
Re: k by slimyem: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2012
you cant help her if she's not ready to improve and if she had wanted to improve,she'd have worked on herself a long time ago!
Its hard to change a grown woman but there's no harm in trying!
Encourage her to read books,newspapers,and watch english speaking movies more(Not Nollywood!).
I pray its not too late!
Re: k by Killz3(m): 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2012
Smh!
Re: k by skydeep(f): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2012
Nigerian men dont have time for women with vocabs. All they want is a good cook, romantic, clean and faithful women. Then every other thing shall be added unto it grin
Re: k by MrsChima(f): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:
Smh!

I just visualized you shaking your head too! grin grin grin grin

OP

What is wrong with her speaking her native tongue? Maybe she was only speaking English for YOU. Have you ever thought of that? I guess not! undecided
Re: k by Killz3(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I just visualized you shaking your head too! grin grin grin grin

OP

What is wrong with her speaking her native tongue? Maybe she was only speaking English for YOU. Have you ever thought of that? I guess not! undecided
Like seriously, the way people expect perfection from others is alarming. . . Forgetting the fact the he also has a serious flaw she is not complaining about.
Re: k by skydeep(f): 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

Like seriously, the way people expect perfection from others is alarming. . . Forgetting the fact the he also has a serious flaw she is not complaining about.
men are just fastidious and voracious tongue
Re: k by Killz3(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:
"Some" men. . . wink
Re: k by freecocoa(f): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2012
OP its not wrong to want to help someone improve for the better but didn't you know about that flaw of hers before you started dating her?

You know its not everyone that must know how to speak impeccable english,maybe she's amongst those who's calling has nothing to do with english language,you could tell her though and see how she takes it but i just wonder how you go take present the matter give her.
Re: k by skydeep(f): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

"Some" men. . . wink
affirmative. Like my hubby grin
Re: k by MrsChima(f): 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:

I agree! All men are that way!
Re: k by Killz3(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:
affirmative. Like my hubby grin
undecided
Re: k by skydeep(f): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:
undecided
is someone jealous? tongue
Re: k by Killz3(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:
is someone jealous? tongue
Jealous of what na? That antelope? grin grin
Re: k by skydeep(f): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

Jealous of what na? That my role model? grin grin
thank you Nairaland translator tongue
Re: k by kelz88(f): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2012
I have to tell people how it is, else it will frustrate me and I end up taking it out on them. Please sort out the problem before it becomes embarassing. Tell her in a nice way. Something along the lines of baby I love you, you're perfect for me. Your only flaw is your English. Or,maybe just keep correcting her?
Re: k by Killz3(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:
thank you Nairaland translator tongue
shocked shocked angry
Re: k by Killz3(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2012
kelz88: I have to tell people how it is, else it will frustrate me and I end up taking it out on them. Please sort out the problem before it becomes embarassing. Tell her in a nice way. Something along the lines of baby I love you, you're perfect for me. Your only flaw is your English. Or,maybe just keep correcting her?
Swear that you'll be happy when someone says that to you. . . grin

Anyway, he could try that. But "love" entails loving her for who she is. . . Her english included. wink
Re: k by kelz88(f): 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2012
Jonathan married Patience like that. Love conquers all. But someone like Jona suppose hire private tutor nau.
Re: k by Killz3(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2012
kelz88: Jonathan married Patience like that. Love conquers all. But someone like Jona suppose hire private tutor nau.

You mean Nigerian president? grin
Re: k by skydeep(f): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

You mean Nigerian president? grin
grin. Their president

1 Like

Re: k by Johnny(m): 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2012
This is a non-issue...
Re: k by Killz3(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:
grin. Their president
Co Signed! Their president grin
Re: k by skydeep(f): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

Co Signed! Their president grin
are u not a Nigerian? tongue
Re: k by Adaeze003(f): 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2012
Well English is our official language so being a graduate its kinda weird that she can't speak it well. Its not a flaw and its definitely not part of who she is so my advise is that you let her know, get her books and try to correct her but don't correct her often coz it can be really annoying. Don't know how you're gonna tell her, anyone will be embarrassed by that but in the end she'll realise that its a good thing because people will also take her seriously outside, in her work place etc.
Re: k by drnoel: 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep: Nigerian men dont have time for women with vocabs. All they want is a good cook, romantic, clean and faithful women. Then every other thing shall be added unto it grin

lol, u really are funny and must have a low opinion of Nigerian men. On the contrary most of them do care, if the lady can communicate or not. I know 4 sure that all my enlightened pals do care alot and all have very enlightened chicks as wives.
Re: k by Killz3(m): 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2012
skydeep:
are u not a Nigerian? tongue
You and I come from the same country. . . Where are you from? cheesy
Re: k by escobar07(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2012
kelz88: Jonathan married Patience like that. Love conquers all. But someone like Jona suppose hire private tutor nau.
lwkmd grin grin grin
Re: k by claremont(m): 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2012
Johnny: This is a non-issue...
cool

(1) (Reply)

How Is The Best Way To Keep A Babe That Is Beginning To Like You? / Picture Of Young Obama And Mitchel Those Days In African Ghetto / I Was Given An Option And I Dont No What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.