Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? (2965 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Here Are 10 Things A Guy MUST Do After A First Date If He Want A Second One / My Boyfriend Doesnt Treat Me Like His Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2012
Just wondering. I wouldn't be happy if the company I kept influenced the opinions guys have of me, but then I can't help but think how I wouldn't go close to certain guys because of their friends.

You know, not to generalize or sound ignorant but the saying "show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are" can be true sometimes.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by kpolli(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
False
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
So you wouldn't mind dating a girl even though you dislike her friends with a passion?
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by DECOtech(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2012
I think an Individual shld be given a chance instead of hurriedly being judged by the company he/she keeps.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by kpolli(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2012
michelin89: So you wouldn't mind dating a girl even though you dislike her friends with a passion?

I won't
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
What if these friends continuously interfere in your relationship?
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by glowithdan(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2012
michelin89: What if these friends continuously interfere in your relationship?

Now you are talking... It's simple and short. In every game, there are rules, and in relationships, it's not different!!
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by LizyL: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
YES its fair, especially if their friends are interfering .
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Koolking(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
Misconception. I would not dump a date for such flimsy excuse of dislike of h/er friends. Until proven that those friends are bad influence to her. I hate being hasty in personal issues.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by omega25red(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
how would you find out if the friends are the ones interfereing? Personally if i dont like my girl's friend i tell her to keep those friends away from me.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Killz1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2012
If i don't like her friends, i tell her so, and if she "insists" on keeping them, i walk. . .
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by cantell(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
glowithdan:

Now you are talking... It's simple and short. In every game, there are rules, and in relationships, it's not different!!
Seriously? Relationship is a game?
Now you wonder why most people are single.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by kokoye(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2012
You said date, not wife so . . nothing is set in stone yet.

If her friends influence her in a way I do not want and after talking to her about it, she shows no signs that she cares . . I will take a walk.

EOD
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by emsquare(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2012
DECOtech: I think an Individual shld be given a chance instead of hurriedly being judged by the company he/she keeps.

Well said!
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2012
I don't have any friends. undecided
Just useful acquintances tongue
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by kelz88(f): 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2012
It is unfair cos I might have a friend who is a slag but it doesn't make me one.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2012
@OP
HELL YEAH!!!!
this is the first impression you have of that person, and sadly, everything counts (especially their entourage).
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by AmakaG29(f): 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
I think it is reasonable, because at the bare minimum it means the person has poor taste or bad judgment. I try to surround myself with positive, intelligent, engaging people. Even beyond dating, the company one keeps could ruin other opportunities. Yes, I will judge him by his merits, but his merits include the people he respects and appreciates. It is fair to take the people in a potential lover's life into account when determining how to spend your time.

Also, those same friends will probably attempt to undermine the relationship and cause trouble. I don't do drama.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2012
DECOtech: I think an Individual shld be given a chance instead of hurriedly being judged by the company he/she keeps.

I agree.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Gialmine(f): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
If he do listens 2 u, u can try 2 make him keep distance with them.
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by cynthiafred67(f): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2012
Koolking: Misconception. I would not dump a date for such flimsy excuse of dislike of h/er friends. Until proven that those friends are bad influence to her. I hate being hasty in personal issues.

Well said!!
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by Sike(m): 10:44am On Apr 06, 2012
You're dating Your Lover. Not the Friends. Move on!
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by KevinII(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2012
Michelin are you standing on a street corner at night? hah
Re: Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? by brainchild78(m): 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2012
that would be a very foolish move. you have to get to know the individual 1st before casting judgements based on the company your date keeps.

(1) (Reply)

My Conversation With An American Lady / Nigeria Men Always In Rush For 5ex / Am Not Happy With My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.