Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance (2159 Views)

My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp / Found Condoms In My Fiance's Bag.again! / Pregnant For Sugar-daddy And Engaged To My Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by BabyCakes(f): 12:09am On Mar 26, 2006
I am a lady who is engaged to a man who i plan to marry. But my parents do not like him. he has been violent towards me in the past and has promised to change, but my family think I should leave him and find someone else. what should i do? Can my whole family be right?
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Seun(m): 1:39am On Mar 26, 2006
he has been violent towards me in the past and has promised to change

But has he changed? What if he's merely holding himself in check for now only to unleash terror on you when you are married?
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Rhodalyn(f): 1:45am On Mar 26, 2006
sweetheart im sure you would want to leave your life to the fullest with happy memories but to do this, you must exclude that man from your life he spells the word T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by chinani(f): 2:45am On Mar 26, 2006
NO. I don't think a whole family can be wrong. But go & ask your family to be detailed about why they don't like him. Honestly, I don't like him b/c he's violent as you say. cry Leave him. It'll be better for you in the long run.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by diyobdw(f): 10:47am On Mar 26, 2006
Has much as i dont agree wit families bn d final judge on who 2 marry.U need 2 1st check ursef r u been real.Has he changed?D kind of violent u mean also matter.Pp change bt dat depends ön dem. Dont b blinded by ur want use ya head!
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2006
Try finding out from your family what it is they dont like about him and Just like Seun has said, has he really changed or is he just promising that so you wont leave him? If he's been physically violent with you in the past, there's every chance he'll do it again in the future
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by mamaput(f): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2006
They are talking about marrage and the family must have told her why. They have beingseeing what is happinging.
They only want what is the best for you .
Let it not happen that they will one day say I told you so.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Bright2(m): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2006
My dear,marry him. By my spiritual point of view he is not violent, he was acting based on de kind of life his 4ma girl friend imperted in him, he tought u are like dat but he is realising u dont enjoy dat,but his 4ma girl friend do enjoy violent,even do send him against other men .Do not ask him in de evening nor night but in de morning.I am still in Nairaland u can wire me 4rm here.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Tetris(f): 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2006
BabyCakes:

- he has been violent towards me in the past and has promised to change -

it's your funeral.

Bright2:

- he was acting based on de kind of life his 4ma girl friend imperted in him, he tought u are like that but he is realising u don't enjoy that,but his 4ma girl friend do enjoy violent -
i'm looking for the point where this justifies her (or any other chic) at all getting a beating. she did not say he was into S&M o! he's been violent with her minus sex. or is there some other form of violence that supposedly gives a normal, non-psychotic human pleasure?

Bright2:

- Do not ask him in de evening nor night but in de morning.I am still in Nairaland u can wire me from here.
i hope Mr Seun has built in a neato transport system into this forum-interface thingy, he cud easily make millions.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by mamaput(f): 7:04am On Mar 27, 2006
No he is not violent .
The lady just walks into his fist.
Or ask for it. same asthe 4ma girlfriends
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2006
Babycakes, how's it going?
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Dupsybaby(f): 11:49am On Mar 27, 2006
uuuh hun,bail out fast sad its too early for ur funeral
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Rhodalyn(f): 11:50am On Mar 27, 2006
cheesy cheesy exactly
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by ono(m): 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2006
When you read about what divorce has done to so many homes in the world, you'll want to be sincere with yourself in this matter. Marriage is for life. That's why you've got to be very careful when you want to say ''yes'' to any man.

You know this guy better than we all do. Weigh the pros and cons of marrying the guy. Do a proper homework on this man before going to the altar. No doubt,you family members meant well for you.

Goodluck.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2006
Never marry a man that hits you or threatens to do so. Adults do not improve after marriage.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Bright2(m): 12:25am On Mar 28, 2006
Seun, i disagree with with u,men does improve after marriage lot's of parents even uses dat 2 calm their sons.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by Seun(m): 6:36am On Mar 28, 2006
People don't change after marriage. Why should a man improve when he has already "captured" her?
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by mamaput(f): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2006
As long as the girl is in her Fathers House the Mans aggression are limited.
He cannot go to her fathers house to fight her.
Once they are married, he will feel free to do what he likes,
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by gem87(f): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2006
honey a man that lays hands on you does not deserve you, it is insulting and humiliating u can't always trust a man like that even if he promised to change,
i agree wiv seun too. if u can live with him beating you up go on but if not heed your family's advice.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by jasi(f): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2008
can a LEOPARD change is skin? dis is marriage we are talkin abt. Men dey do pretend alot to get wat dey want bt after gettin it dey belive dat d ACE is now in their hand.

Pls & pls luk vry well b4 u leap. Ur family might be right.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by opokonwa(m): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2008
YES with a capital 'Y'

He has been 'violent' with you in the past and you want to give him a chance b/c your 'biased & sympathetic' mind cannot see beyond a few years?

Ol girl! Blood is thicker than water. Your family is seeing what you cannot b/c they're not emotionally involved.
Hence their vision is unbiased.

Go with your family; they cannot deceive you.

Dish the man! angry
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by amsky(m): 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2008
why are guys still replying to this ?twas posted about 2 yrs ago.
Re: My Family Does Not Approve Of My Fiance by opokonwa(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2008
B/c someone resurrected it.

Some thread have nine lives!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Beef? / I Am Married But Another Man Wants Me For N5m / Is That How You Are?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.