Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? (29654 Views)

Peter Mutharika Rejects T.B Joshua's Prophecy / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / Bristow Crash Survivors Testify That T.B Joshua’s Morning Water Saved Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by stebell(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
Sure i'll definately attend. dat's hw he predicted de match btw Nigeria n Guinea during de nations cup qualifier. In dat sermon i quote him "any team dat scored first will carry de day". And on dat fateful day Guinea scored first n dey qualified. So i'll
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by mollie12: 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2012
Hmmm. At times like this I so than God for the Bible. If not for the scriptures I can't imagine the level of bondage and blindness we would have been trapped in.

The scripture is very clear on this matter:
"And he (Christ) gave some, apostles, and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the PERFECTING of the saints, for the WORK of the ministry, for the EDIFYING of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12-13).

Now the bible, in the above verses, has stated very clearly, the 3 reasons the prophetic (and other) gifts were given. I need the TBJ fans on NL to please tell me which one their leader is fulfilling with all these sensationalist prophecies.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy can hit home runs with his prophecies from now till kingdom come, but that does not make him a man of God.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS" (2 Corinthians 11:15).

Yes, you saw that clearly. Satan's ministers CAN look like ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS. So how are we going to be able to tell the difference? Very simple. Jesus said, "By their fruits you shall know them". Its time for us as Christians to put on our thinking caps, and stop dropping our brains at the doors of our churches as we enter. Observe them. Are the fruits of their life similar to the personal traits our Lord and Savior possessed? Meekness, humility, longsuffering, love, intolerance for evil? We have to be very careful, because "I didn't know he was leading me astray" will not be a tenable excuse on Judgement Day, at least not for our generation - because we are literate enough to read the Bible and find the truth out for ourselves. Let's stop getting carried away by the jazz and razzmatazz being perpetuated in these modern churches, because if we read our Bible very well we will understand that the devil has been given power to carry out false signs and wonders. All the 'miracles and healings' you receive from such ministries will not count for anything when you face God in judgement. What should be our priority in choosing a church to attend is how well the true gospel of Christ is being preached and how much of an enabling environment is it for us to develop a Christ-like character. A word (or a thousand! - please pardon the essay length) is enough for the wise.
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by yosmen: 9:35am On Apr 09, 2012
Darui: Unbelievable.
Nigerians,I tire for una. You call that a prophecy? Person wey go expire soon anyway. If I ever become a pastor or any religion preacher, I will be a billionaire in dollars.
Nuts.
Weting dey stop u?
Go collect otumopo from ur great grand father in the village....
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by Obinto44(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
IYA NGBALI: i would rather vist the devil.
I pity u ma dear and may God 4give u
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by Obinto44(m): 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
mollie12: Hmmm. At times like this I so than God for the Bible. If not for the scriptures I can't imagine the level of bondage and blindness we would have been trapped in.

The scripture is very clear on this matter:
"And he (Christ) gave some, apostles, and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the PERFECTING of the saints, for the WORK of the ministry, for the EDIFYING of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12-13).

Now the bible, in the above verses, has stated very clearly, the 3 reasons the prophetic (and other) gifts were given. I need the TBJ fans on NL to please tell me which one their leader is fulfilling with all these sensationalist prophecies.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy can hit home runs with his prophecies from now till kingdom come, but that does not make him a man of God.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS" (2 Corinthians 11:15).

Yes, you saw that clearly. Satan's ministers CAN look like ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS. So how are we going to be able to tell the difference? Very simple. Jesus said, "By their fruits you shall know them". Its time for us as Christians to put on our thinking caps, and stop dropping our brains at the doors of our churches as we enter. Observe them. Are the fruits of their life similar to the personal traits our Lord and Savior possessed? Meekness, humility, longsuffering, love, intolerance for evil? We have to be very careful, because "I didn't know he was leading me astray" will not be a tenable excuse on Judgement Day, at least not for our generation - because we are literate enough to read the Bible and find the truth out for ourselves. Let's stop getting carried away by the jazz and razzmatazz being perpetuated in these modern churches, because if we read our Bible very well we will understand that the devil has been given power to carry out false signs and wonders. All the 'miracles and healings' you receive from such ministries will not count for anything when you face God in judgement. What should be our priority in choosing a church to attend is how well the true gospel of Christ is being preached and how much of an enabling environment is it for us to develop a Christ-like character. A word (or a thousand! - please pardon the essay length) is enough for the wise.
If indeed u knw wat u ar sayin and read ur bible as u claim. Aperently, dis wil nt b comin 4rm u
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by Obinto44(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
@mollie. Av u eva com acros dis portion of d bible; Matt.7:1, 2 & 5. If nt, pls read am writin 4rm Goodnews version, it says "Do not judge others, so that God will not judge you.v2 "For God will judge you in thesame way as you judge others, and will apply to you thesame rules as you applied to them"and vs5 " You HYPOCRITES! First take the log out of your own eyes, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye" Is jst a piece of advice.
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by muyenmuyen: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
kai . i cannot step there
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by lomprico(m): 1:01am On Dec 07, 2012
I thought that when a prophet prophesies, his messeage brings or lead people towards God or makes dem repent and turn to God so as not to incure his wrath(if its a doom prophesy). What the heck has d death of an african leader got to do with salvation? Or super eagles winning or loosing a match. My dear people, be wise.
Re: Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? by arsenally: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2012
abubaka101: When I posted about his prophecy, I never thought the person would ever be the Malawian President. But God works in mysterious ways, no one could really tell who it was exactly. However, T.B. Joshua saw the person and he indeed saw the location, but he never disclosed it.
Now my question is this: Will You Attend His Church This Sunday Or Any Sunday?

@abubaka101:

What exactly is the link between supposed prophecies and church attendance?

Your question seems mischievous to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo Laughing Heartily / The Yoruba Odu. Eji Ogbe(oyinbo/whiteman). / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.