Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists (14958 Views)

Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Detongue: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2012
NL has been turned into battle field b/w d Yorubas and Igbos. U can no longer read a topic and contribute meaningfully. Seun, i don't know hw u want to handle it but sumtin hv to b done fast. Hving said dat, ACN should respect ones religion. We all know dat dir 'ogas' re mostly muslim so dey hv to b careful. No matter hw dey want say it, ppl 'ill bring religion into it. D issue here is CHURCH, so dey should b careful
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove: @Jason123, maybe I should break it down for you.

1. Even if Buhari had won all the other five states, GEJ would have still won the lection. Check the result figures.

2. My point is simply that ACN is turning their opposition into a we versus them war. It isn't the other way round. ACN are the real bigots here.

3. There are enough non indegines and Yoruba PDP folks in all the south west states to give GEJ those votes.

4. The reason I keep emphasising the non indigenes point is because you folks think you have a sort of status that really doesn't exist. I don't have a problem with you criticising GEJ, I have a problem with you trying to distract him with your petiness and bad blood. There is BH, PIB, etc that will need to focus on, not some petty building in the presidents village. Haba, it sounds really st.p1.d I must tell you and folks across the country see it as such. Its only in the western press you find those taking it serious

Bros, I am not Yoruba o!

1) If the Yorubas were for Buhari not GEJ, GEJ could have never won, not even Lagos I tell you. Apart from losing the 6 SW states he would have probably lost Kwara and Kogi. This excludes the Yorubas in other states exercising their voting rights as well.

2)I am not absorbing ACN. To be honest, I don't like the party at all but if we are being honest and true to ourselves, they have the very fundamental human right with them; freedom of speech and expression.
Bros, how are they "bigots"? How can they be bigots and people like Asari are not? (hope you are not talking about the fisherman and rascal story?)

3)I agree and disagree. I agree that yes, there are enough PDP folks in the SW but I disagree about non-indigenes. If you has just said Lagos, then yes. Outside Lagos, then no.

4) Bros, I have not criticized GEJ, you know? But yes, I want to now. GEJ should not respond to everyone especially ACN because as the opposition, there job is to scrutinize every move he does so as to give them political leverage. It is not a distraction as you make it seem. They have a fundamental right to express themselves as they so wish to without fear.

Western press? The last time I checked, the press is actually own and controlled by the SS.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2012
ilugunboy: Some posts in NL are not just worth the space they are typed on.

How do you explain someone claiming that only Hausa and Yorubas ruined this country...what sort of infantile talk is that? Haba. Read that post again bro and ammend it appropriately.

My guy, you want to lie to yourself? Go ahead! The Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas controlled Nigeria for the last 50 years. That's a big fact! The Ibos where a strong force before the civil war but since then, its being Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba. From military to civil service to multinationals. Things have only started to change since the last few years. That is why OBJ is the only Yoruba man I truly respect because he is the one that has tried to balance the power of recent but you folks have hated him for that and fought him to a stand still. Yet you call us the bigots. Fully really.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

My guy, you want to lie to yourself? Go ahead! The Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas controlled Nigeria for the last 50 years. That's a big fact! The Ibos where a strong force before the civil war but since then, its being Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba. From military to civil service to multinationals. Things have only started to change since the last few years. That is why OBJ is the only Yoruba man I truly respect because he is the one that has tried to balance the power of recent but you folks have hated him for that and fought him to a stand still. Yet you call us the bigots. Fully really.

Hmmm so you are Igbo !!!

Hmmm I see
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
I could have guessed as much, good Night Edicolove
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

Who are u to really know the true reasons why yorubas seems not to like obj? Before the fisherman ever came to the radar at all yorubas were never to much anxious about him and his people (ogun indigenes) were in the forefront of criticism obj got.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2012
alj harem:

Hmmm so you are Igbo !!!

Hmmm I see

My guy, if you looking for an opportunity to lash the Ibos, go ahead. I am not from the south east. I am Niger Delta thru and thru. But that is not even important. What's imporant are that we must have a country where evry tribe is equal and respected. GEJ should be criticised as president but how does insulting his name, traditional attire and such stuff count as proper criticism. Please tell me?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

My guy, if you looking for an opportunity to lash the Ibos, go ahead. I am not from the south east. I am Niger Delta thru and thru. But that is not even important. What's imporant are that we must have a country where evry tribe is equal and respected. GEJ should be criticised as president but how does insulting his name, traditional attire and such stuff count as proper criticism. Please tell me?

I hope you realise that GEJ was the first person to insult ACN leaders?

As for the bolded, you have my 110% support.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
edicolove:

My friend, no I am not lashing at anyone I just wanted to confirm my theory. BTW yorubas don't hate OBJ because he "balanced things up" as you put it but dislike him because Yorubas expected more from him. If you notice we don't care whether he is yoruba or not so what makes GEJ different ?

Moreover who is insulting his traditional attire ? The word fisherman came from the when GEJ first called ACN rascals.

Even if people critise GEJ, you all would still complain. What you want is people to be praising GEJ because of your affiliation to him, it is perfectly normal of human psych.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 11:51pm On Apr 09, 2012
Demdem:

Who are u to really know the true reasons why yorubas seems not to like obj? Before the fisherman ever came to the radar at all yorubas were never to much anxious about him and his people (ogun indigenes) were in the forefront of criticism obj got.

OBJ is never liked amongst his people; he was not their choice during the 1999 election. Yorubas wanted Olu Falae but the north foisted OBJ on them so the criticism was expected since it was born out of frustration.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by lagcity(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
eeeyaah. poor Jonathan, i feel sorry for the guy. sad i', sure he wakes up every morninng and asks himself, "what the hell did i get myself into? Yaradua, why did u have to die like that?"

They shouldn't have dragged Tinubu to the Tribunal. All of this is payback and Jonathan is gonna cry more than he cried when boko was bombing everywhere. this is just the beginning.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
When obj was there, these same people called him gorilla, yawa no gas ooo. Yaradua came, sickler go-slow was the in-thing, Aboki no send. Now that the fisherman is on the throne, they are crying blue murder. Nonsense.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
alj harem:

Should we mention the people that have ruled

1. Nnamdi our first

2. Murtala - Edo state

3. Gowon, Middle belter

4. Yoruba only OBJ

No hausa has ruled Nigeria

Only 1 yoruba has ruled Nigeria which is OBJ

What happened to Ironsi and Nnamdi ?

Yaradua is from Madagascar

Abacha is from china

IBB is from Botswana

Abudusalami is from Accra Ghana

Shonekan is from Freetown

Shagari is from Libya......

OLODO

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2012
Demdem: When obj was there, these same people called him gorilla, yawa no gas ooo. Yaradua came, sickler go-slow was the in-thing, Aboki no send. Now that the fisherman is on the throne, they are crying blue murder. Nonsense.

Can you imagine !!! That is why I look and just laugh,
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2012
ekwy nwa:

OBJ is never liked amongst his people; he was not their choice during the 1999 election. Yorubas wanted Olu Falae but the north foisted OBJ on them so the criticism was expected since it was born out of frustration.

More like it. Pls explain that to ediclove.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by lagcity(m): 11:56pm On Apr 09, 2012
ekwy nwa:

see this cretin! so the "North" foisted him abi? as if you Igbos didn't vote for OBJ.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 12:04am On Apr 10, 2012
lagcity: eeeyaah. poor Jonathan, i feel sorry for the guy. sad i', sure he wakes up every morninng and asks himself, "what the hell did i get myself into? Yaradua, why did u have to die like that?"

They shouldn't have dragged Tinubu to the Tribunal. All of this is payback and Jonathan is gonna cry more than he cried when boko was bombing everywhere. this is just the beginning.

You want to spoil this very nice atmosphere with this your Tinubu post abi? Shey you he has just been taken for another serious medical trip after spending billions on an owambe birthday bash? Please no gp there oh. Except you wan buy market!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 12:04am On Apr 10, 2012
How can GEJ be a Nigerian president and demand respect from all Nigerians when some people always go tribal with every criticism ?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2012
lagcity:

see this cretin! so the "North" foisted him abi? as if you Igbos didn't vote for OBJ.

mumu face front, vote or no vote OBJ would ve won.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Selling fish?

Drunk Fisherman , Why cant some ppl think beyond cheap burukutu and fish?

ROFLMAO
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 12:17am On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem: How can GEJ be a Nigerian president and demand respect from all Nigerians when some people always go tribal with every criticism ?

Its interesting how you are trying to play the saint here. You lads started criticising GEJ when he was not even sworn in. Simple proof that it had nothing to do with issues. But the man continues to proove you lot wrong. Even when some have threatened and are making good their threat that the country would be made ungovernable. Tell me which other president since independence has made far more fundamental policy changes in such a shory time. FOI, official secrects act, PHCN structure, Railway act, just to mention a few.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 12:23am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove:

Its interesting how you are trying to play the saint here. You lads started criticising GEJ when he was not even sworn in. Simple proof that it had nothing to do with issues. But the man continues to proove you lot wrong. Even when some have threatened and are making good their threat that the country would be made ungovernable. Tell me which other president since independence has made far more fundamental policy changes in such a shory time. FOI, official secrects act, PHCN structure, Railway act, just to mention a few.

LOOL so when should we have started ?

Edicolove Are you aware that GEJ has been the president since 2009 after Yaradua's death so if their was going to be changes it would have started from there my brother.

Lets be real here and remove all from a biased thinking here, is it wrong to criticise our president after more than 1 year in power yes or no
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edogirl2: 12:51am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove: One funny thing though is that ACN folks keep claiming they were part of Jonathan's emergence. I live in Lagos so I really wonder at such claim. They never came out to vote during the presidential election. The figures are clear on that. The non indegines in the south west were the votes Jonathan got from there. Their claim is very funny and hypocritical. Truth is PDP does not need yoruba votes to win in 2015. If the yorubas don't change their strategy, they will find themselves completely isolated very very soon.

This is about party politics, between two political parties. It's disingenuous to make this a Yoruba thing.

Also, your warning that Yorubas should not 'provoke' non-indigenes into leveraging their numerical strength (not dominance)in the politics of Lagos assumes that so-called non indigenes will line up in single file behind you to vote against Yoruba interest come 2015.

First, most non-indigenes in Lagos are just glad to live peacefully in Lagos. They have nothing fundamentally against Yorubas, at least no more than they have against other tribes. They will not change their position becos JEG can't look after himself

Second, there is a significant number of non indigens who are from outside the S/South and S/East, such as Northerners who live in Lagos and who will have nothing to do with siding with your position unless ofcourse you promise to hand over more of the remaining 30% Nigerian-owned oil blocks they do not already own - to add to the 70% they control. I suspect you wouldn't want to do that, or would you?

Third, many Lagos residents from the South South are clever enough to see this current issue as party politics and nothing more than that, certainly nothing to justify a meaningless gang-up against Yorubas - I include myself in this group.

Regarding your contention that ACN's antics threaten to leave Yorubas 'isolated,' I disagree. Isolated from what exactly. From central govt? When you look deeply, you will find that way back from the First Republic, Yorubas have always been in opposition, including, most of Obasanjo's time as President. Afterall, being in opposition to the central govt didn't stop Awolowo from excelling as Premier. I doubt threatening them with isolation from JEG's government will send shivers down the spine of any right thinking Yoruba person.

My message to you is, keep tribe out of this. Focus on the real issue.

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Beaf: 1:17am On Apr 10, 2012
Who gives a phuck if Yoruba people like or dislike Obj? angry
That point is irrelevant and those raising it are fools who equate ACN with the Yoruba ethnic group. ACN itself promotes this disgraceful attitude as a primitive means for dirty ethnic blackmail as well as to coerce id!otic bigots into line.
If anyones outlook on life is so abysmally primitive, they should bear it in mind that the rest of us do not share your place in the dregs.

In the meantime, lets hail ACN as the title suggests; "fearless ACN" bravely trying to bully minorities!
Up fascists! The new Nazi's in town where everything is delineated with ethnicity.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ektbear: 1:18am On Apr 10, 2012
edo.girl is a pretty cool chick.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 1:48am On Apr 10, 2012
I AM IN LOVE WITH EDO.GIRL!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 1:50am On Apr 10, 2012
edo.girl:

This is about party politics, between two political parties. It's disingenuous to make this a Yoruba thing.

Also, your warning that Yorubas should not 'provoke' non-indigenes into leveraging their numerical strength (not dominance)in the politics of Lagos assumes that so-called non indigenes will line up in single file behind you to vote against Yoruba interest come 2015.

First, most non-indigenes in Lagos are just glad to live peacefully in Lagos. They have nothing fundamentally against Yorubas, at least no more than they have against other tribes. They will not change their position becos JEG can't look after himself

Second, there is a significant number of non indigens who are from outside the S/South and S/East, such as Northerners who live in Lagos and who will have nothing to do with siding with your position unless ofcourse you promise to hand over more of the remaining 30% Nigerian-owned oil blocks they do not already own - to add to the 70% they control. I suspect you wouldn't want to do that, or would you?

Third, many Lagos residents from the South South are clever enough to see this current issue as party politics and nothing more than that, certainly nothing to justify a meaningless gang-up against Yorubas - I include myself in this group.

Regarding your contention that ACN's antics threaten to leave Yorubas 'isolated,' I disagree. Isolated from what exactly. From central govt? When you look deeply, you will find that way back from the First Republic, Yorubas have always been in opposition, including, most of Obasanjo's time as President. Afterall, being in opposition to the central govt didn't stop Awolowo from excelling as Premier. I doubt threatening them with isolation from JEG's government will send shivers down the spine of any right thinking Yoruba person.

My message to you is, keep tribe out of this. Focus on the real issue.

You truly understand it all . . .Thank you!

As for the bolded, I include myself as well (even though I don't currently stay in Lagos but Family stays there)
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 1:51am On Apr 10, 2012
Beaf: Who gives a phuck if Yoruba people like or dislike Obj? angry
That point is irrelevant and those raising it are fools who equate ACN with the Yoruba ethnic group. ACN itself promotes this disgraceful attitude as a primitive means for dirty ethnic blackmail as well as to coerce id!otic bigots into line.
If anyones outlook on life is so abysmally primitive, they should bear it in mind that the rest of us do not share your place in the dregs.

In the meantime, lets hail ACN as the title suggests; "fearless ACN" bravely trying to bully minorities!
Up fascists! The new Nazi's in town where everything is delineated with ethnicity.

How though? undecided
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by DuduNegro: 2:05am On Apr 10, 2012
This is the best thing that has happened to the Ijaw nation, so the power is intoxicating and they have no clue which is local politics and which is national - they are responding to anything and everything as a local turf politics, embarassing GEJ in the process. It will take many more top positions for them to mature into national politics. Sadly, given what we have seen so far, I am not sure they will come close to having a vp or another president for the next 50yrs, civilian or military.

Political opposition is a necessary dynamics in any democracy, it gives a feedback and helps remove blindspots, two critical values that a ruling administration needs to fine tune policies and endear itself loyally to the voters.

On OBJ, smart man. . . . he took all the oppositions from Yorubas and turned it into point values that earned admiration outside and secured credibility with international press. OBJ could have burned the whole country down if he wanted and the international press would still herald him as a great African leader, :x what his people say of him.

GEJ on the other hand is repeatedly criticed by international press as weak and ineffective. It's high time he starts soliciting opposition and criticism from ACN. Even when they are reluctant, he should rock their boat to get a negative comment from them. . . . perchance he can turn it around and winover the foreign press. . . whether we like it or not, their voice and opinion is monumental in the success of democracies all over the world!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by DuduNegro: 2:09am On Apr 10, 2012
Edo girl,

Waado, my sister! I agree with other observers. . . you cemented the reality of it all for those too hung up in cloud 7. I love your analysis!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 2:11am On Apr 10, 2012
U ru ese
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Johndoe100(m): 3:24am On Apr 10, 2012
jason123:

You truly understand it all . . .Thank you!

As for the bolded, I include myself as well (even though I don't currently stay in Lagos but Family stays there)

At last you have found another traitor. It must make you so happy. We are all for keeping politicians on there toes, but the ACN has malice as their primary motive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Maryam Uwais - "Senator Yerima And Constitutional Review" / Army Begins Investigation Into Killing Of Pro-biafra Agitators. / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.