Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists (14957 Views)

Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
Demdem:

The reason for not aging a candidate was as a result of obj's abracadabra. Obj fooled AD leaders than and by the time they realized how fooolish they were, it was too late. It consumed them all. The only man against such remained till this day the only man standing which is the asiwaju himself

OBJ was able to pull the carpet off their feet cos he is their son.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by amosy007: 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
Can someone please stop this arguement with edicolove... With all is post u will notice he is trying to create hatred btw south south and south west coz i wonder where he z getting all these ideologies from...he z just one of those that doesnt see anytin good in other tribes... Anyway am edo man makin money in lag and am proud to be called awo son becoz i beneficted from his free education in d old western region not war by ojukwu... Bendelites like me are proud to be associated with south western people
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
amosy007: Can someone please stop this arguement with edicolove... With all is post u will notice he is trying to create hatred btw south south and south west coz i wonder where he z getting all these ideologies from...he z just one of those that doesnt see anytin good in other tribes... Anyway am edo man makin money in lag and am proud to be called awo son becoz i beneficted from his free education in d old western region not war by ojukwu... Bendelites like me are proud to be associated with south western people

We are proud of u also
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Beaf: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
Johndoe100:

At last you have found another traitor. It must make you so happy. We are all for keeping politicians on there toes, but the ACN has malice as their primary motive.

Jason123 is not a traitor, it is much worse, he is alj haram. A counterfeit.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by amosy007: 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
9jadelta: Hahahahaha I can see some Igbo and yoruba here trying to claim what they don't have...trying to form alliance with us in the south south ...well we are d richest tribe so I won't wonder much about that....but I will rather have naija Delta republic that all my oil will be use to develop or my area than join any other stup!d tribe be it biafra or odua republic to form a country or better still united southern nigeria .... So all if u igbo mor0ns and yoruba ass...can kiss my butt..hihihihihihihi *wicked laff*

heheheheheheh badman! (i follow u laff) So u noticed that too? Ibo trying to create hatred and yorubas trying to create hatred all becoz they wana isolate one region.. Chai

what they dnt know is we either stay united as one south or break in to pieces like mud jug....
Biafra will go! Ijaw nation! Odua! Naijadelta ..even we bendelites will form our country

the earlier u m0rons that neva c anytin gud in each other and argue senselessly start seing each other as one the betta 4 u!

Am out
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2012
all of you war mongers predictingnigeria's break up don't worry,you will soon get your chance to carry up arms and fight! the tuareg militia are coming thanks to our slack borders courtesy ebere jonaSWINE!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by OneNaira6: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
Johndoe100:

At last you have found another traitor. It must make you so happy. We are all for keeping politicians on there toes, but the ACN has malice as their primary motive.

grin grin grin both you and edicolove are new to here eeh? Jason is not SS, he's been out.ed like months ago. I don't know about the Alj_harem accusation, most likely he is, the alj_harem has too many ids anyway but I don't know. One thing I can accurately tell you is that guy, that character, is not one of us and as for the edo.girl account, all I got to say is watch that account carefully. I won't reveal what I deduct about it but one thing I can say that is girl is a guy and that guy is someone you've talked to on this thread even. Shikena. I noticed none of ya'll pay attention to anything; this is why multiple ids thrive on this website. If una pay attention, you can easily figure people out thus knowing whom or what id to take seriously and which one not to take seriously.

@ For edicolove
Dude, why are you arguing? Una got to learn to start ignoring people. All of una.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by OneNaira6: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
@ The thread
The million dollar question that's been asked and the answer as of yet haven't been provided thus I'll ask it again: Is GEJ benefitting anyway from the renovation from the church? Is the people, Nigerians as in total, benefitting negatively from the renovation of the church? Has the renovation of the church impacted the country negatively? The private company that did the renovation, can someone, anybody provide proof that after the renovation they received money, contracts, etc. from the federal government thus justifying the allegation of bribery or did they receive money, contracts, etc. from the federal government before the renovation during GEJ regain thus justifying the allegation of bribery? Honestly speaking, I joke around that Nigerians mumu but the more I stay on this forum, the more I realize my joke is the reality of the nation. I'm not politically savvy as some members but even I can tell this is ACN way of removing attention from themselves to someone else. And it is working, even though the act of ACN has impacted the nation and people negatively (spending millions on an f2cking cake and party) and it is something una should be discussing about. Nigerians are gullible that is why the government can easily play una mumu and una jump on it without realizing it.

As for accusation of ACN being a tribalistic party, all we need to do is look at the members of ACN on NL, that alone justify that accusation talk less their actions on the media.

Finally my personal feelings: I feel no remorse whatsoever to GEJ or SS. It serves una right!!!!!! I hope una are using this regain to learn a thing or two and SE, you 1diot better be watching and learning something too. It irritates me watching that Igbo presidency thread, una for see am, una better be taking notes oo!!! GEJ has taken the blame for all is wrong in Nigeria, including the effect past presidents did, take notes!!! If anything, both region better start copying SS Igbo, noticed how Ngozi left the country and moved to a better thing for her life when the blame got passed down to her. Learn from us!! Next time, don't contest and let the power hungry fools continue fucking up the nation, unless una go take the blame again. I feel no remorse. ntooo una!!!! tongue
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Beaf: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
amosy007: Can someone please stop this arguement with edicolove... With all is post u will notice he is trying to create hatred btw south south and south west coz i wonder where he z getting all these ideologies from...he z just one of those that doesnt see anytin good in other tribes... Anyway am edo man makin money in lag and am proud to be called awo son becoz i beneficted from his free education in d old western region not war by ojukwu... Bendelites like me are proud to be associated with south western people

Edicolove never started the problem, please do not blame the victim. Lay that blame squarely at the feet of ACN who use bigotry as their primary political tool, just like the Nazi's.
What other political party, but ACN would have its leaders describe entire sections of the country as "drunken fishermen" who "come on land to solicite our votes?" Is there any other political party outside ACN that would label those in arms against that id!otic bribery allegations as "ethnic jingoists?"

It is entirely an ACN problem that see's their ethnically jaundiced worldview regularly throwing them into ethnic conflicts. There is no other party in the entire country that gets into these primitive chauvinistic battles.

It is neither a Yoruba problem nor an SW one, but one that should be laid squarely at the feet of ACN. Those who get caught up in such primitive battles because they are Yoruba aught to take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are so easily used. Tinubu is making billions monthly out of their groping blindness.

There has always been love and never enmity between the SW and the SS, but today, the prospect of enmity is very real. We are daily ethnically taunted, insulted and bullied by ACN and its minions. Indeed, a quick check of the worst bigots (even here on NL) reveals them all to be ACN street sweepers; Eko Ile, Gbawe, dayokanu, Baba Eleko, ilugunboy, Akanbi Edu, jason123 (alias alj haram) etc and their various teenage admirers (mostly lost folk in the diaspora). Their bigotry is not a coincidence, as with the Nazi's, it is the primary tactic of ACN. A hate party.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Ejine(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
9jadelta: Hahahahaha I can see some Igbo and yoruba here trying to claim what they don't have...trying to form alliance with us in the south south ...well we are d richest tribe so I won't wonder much about that....but I will rather have naija Delta republic that all my oil will be use to develop or my area than join any other stup!d tribe be it biafra or odua republic to form a country or better still united southern nigeria .... So all if u igbo mor0ns and yoruba ass...can kiss my butt..hihihihihihihi *wicked laff*

When next you say "Niger Delta" or "South South", please be sure to speak for yourself and yourself only, because I will be pitching my tent with my kith and kin in the East.
And as for that Utopian "Republic of Southern Nigeria" of yours? Let this picture describe exactly what I think of it:

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2012
Haaaaaa! Una still dey carry my matter for head? Una go wound oh! We no dey carry last oh! As we talk na so we dey do for we area o! Yeye adamu poeple. You thought we won't answer back eh! You can go on and criticize GEJ all you want, but we will continue to give it back to you full steam. And mind you, you can only blab. When GEJ is thru, ND will be back in full swing. Y'all don't got a clue what the master plan is!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
Beaf:

Edicolove never started the problem, please do not blame the victim. Lay that blame squarely at the feet of ACN who use bigotry as their primary political tool, just like the Nazi's.
What other political party, but ACN would have its leaders describe entire sections of the country as "drunken fishermen" who "come on land to solicite our votes?" Is there any other political party outside ACN that would label those in arms against that id!otic bribery allegations as "ethnic jingoists?"

It is entirely an ACN problem that see's their ethnically jaundiced worldview regularly throwing them into ethnic conflicts. There is no other party in the entire country that gets into these primitive chauvinistic battles.

It is neither a Yoruba problem nor an SW one, but one that should be laid squarely at the feet of ACN. Those who get caught up in such primitive battles because they are Yoruba aught to take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are so easily used. Tinubu is making billions monthly out of their groping blindness.

There has always been love and never enmity between the SW and the SS, but today, the prospect of enmity is very real. We are daily ethnically taunted, insulted and bullied by ACN and its minions. Indeed, a quick check of the worst bigots (even here on NL) reveals them all to be ACN street sweepers; Eko Ile, Gbawe, dayokanu, Baba Eleko, ilugunboy, Akanbi Edu, jason123 (alias alj haram) etc and their various teenage admirers (mostly lost folk in the diaspora). Their bigotry is not a coincidence, as with the Nazi's, it is the primary tactic of ACN. A hate party.

Roflmao @ street sweepers
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2012

Mumu who re the Bendelites? speak for yourself.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jmaine: 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
If there is one thing my friend Jason123 hates is being reffered to as an alias of my man Alj Harem . . . Una go make bros Jason123 para die for here
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin

One Naira, I only have one ID neither am I those you accuse me of, I have told you countless times lipsrsealed

Edicolove and Beaf the bigot, make una know say this bigotry you are displaying has made people realise who you really are cry cry cry what a shame grin grin grin grin

Southern Nigeria ko, Biafra ni grin grin grin
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Ejine(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem: I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin

One Naira, I only have one ID neither am I those you accuse me of, I have told you countless times lipsrsealed

Edicolove and Beaf the bigot, make una know say this bigotry you are displaying has made people realise who you really are cry cry cry what a shame grin grin grin grin

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Beaf: 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem: I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin

One ID indeed.

Yeah, one only has to criticise ACN to be called a bigot on NL. What other party does that?
ACN is a just a nascent version of the BNP or KKK.
How does anyone get called a bigot for criticising ACN if the party is not desperately striving to be seen through ethnic lenses.

What a pity!

All hail ACN! All hail fascists!

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by nagoma(m): 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
Every sensible and objective person would be in full agreement with ACN on this issue . The Presdent GEJ ,( alias President of the IjW nation) must be corrected every day and every hour as blunders on in his presidency. A president worth his salt has no business soliciting for resource ( a building in this case) from a contractor who is in turn soliciting for a contract from the government. This is a clear conflict of interest and nobody can defend it just because the president is an ijaw man. Ekeke has summarized everything above . The ijaw boys and old men cannot gag us. GEJ is wrong and he should apologize or be Impeached.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
The m0r0nic asslicker who told us Bayelsa is backwards because they were part of Biafra
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
Beaf:

One ID indeed.

Yeah, one only has to criticise ACN to be called a bigot on NL. What other party does that?
ACN is a just a nascent version of the BNP or KKK.
How does anyone get called a bigot for criticising ACN if the party is not desperately striving to be seen through ethnic lenses.

What a pity!

All hail ACN! All hail fascists!

LOL I honestly have one ID

I am not an ACN fan and I have never thrown my support for ACN, stop branding me as an ACN person. I rather be an APGA person of LP than ACN or PDP

Although Yes I am a strong supporter of Fashola and Oshomole who happen to be in ACN, Also a strong supporter of Rochas who happen to be in APGA this does not make be an ACN man.

Again I have supported ur stand with ACN until you displayed your bigotry so I backtracked, still that does not make me an ACN fan most especially with Tinubu and Lai Mohammed in the party
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
I would expect people to be sick of this country by now. How can we progress when some people are saying "hausa/fulani and yorubas" did this and did that ?

How can we progress when some elements here are pulling the bull by the tail. Aka saying Non-indigenes are more than yorubas in the SW, What would then say of Kwara and Kogi, are they also more than yorubas in those state ?

How can we progress then we Lagosians see everyone as equals but the so called non-indigenes see us as people without brains ? Only in Nigeria yet they complain that fulani is killing them, why would they not kill una ? I ask you insult them in their home state, calling them nama etc They have every right to be angry.

We can never progress when a critic is branded as a tribalist just because he challenged the current authority in power.

How can we progress then GEJ realised Tinubu would is clearly a thief but because of the unless deal they both had in Abuja, he released the thief rather than persecute.

I dey laff o !!!

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
These ACN peeps have never had people take them on and have been having a field day till they met the Niger Delta peeps. Now they have more than their match. Acting Criminals of Nigeria, ACN.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove: These ACN peeps have never had people take them on and have been having a field day till they met the Niger Delta peeps. Now they have more than their match. Acting Criminals of Nigeria, ACN.

Niger-delta is a Oil producing zone

ACN is a political party

Are you Ok at all !!!

BTW what part of Lagos do you say ?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove: These ACN peeps have never had people take them on and have been having a field day till they met the Niger Delta peeps. Now they have more than their match. Acting Criminals of Nigeria, ACN.

Met which match?

You mean from the drunk fishermen

the lazy ppl who wake up to a bottle of kai-kai daily? Expecting to be given handouts not based on their hardwork but from the resources they didnt put there
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Beaf: 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem:

Niger-delta is a Oil producing zone

ACN is a political party

Are you Ok at all !!!

BTW what part of Lagos do you say ?

ACN is a political party that desperately wishes to be identified as an ethnic group.
ACN lives and breathes ethnic chauvinism. What other political party has its leader describing a section of the country as "fishermen?"

All hail Nazi's!
All hail fascist's!
All hail ACN!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2012
Beaf:

ACN is a political party that desperately wishes to be identified as an ethnic group.
ACN lives and breathes ethnic chauvinism. What other political party has its leader describing a section of the country as "fishermen?"

All hail Nazi's!
All hail fascist's!
All hail ACN!

What section are you talking about ? GEJ or the south-south (Ijaw) I can't remember ACN insulting the south-south or any section of the country apart from GEJ.

Maybe you can provide a link for your claim.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
@Alj_Harem,
Nairaland,
World Wide Web,
Nigeria
10 April 2012,

8:50pm

Dear Sir,

PLEASE STOP THE PROPAGANDA

My attention has been drawn to your recent post here on NL where you attempted to portray you and your people as victims. I wish to put the records straight.

You are not a victim, you are the OPPRESOR!

Nigeria gained her independence Oct 1st, 1960. Since then, we the people of the Niger Delta have been marginalised, ridiculed, scorned and manipulated by your kit and kin. You have used the advantage given to you by the colonial masters and diverted our God given natural resources to develop yourselves. Now, we have come of age and demand equity but alas, you are trying to play a new card. You are trying to play the victim. Let me repeat it again loud and clear for the world to hear, you are the OPPRESOR, not the victim. You occupied choice positions in the military, civil service and multinational companies and from those positions, you enriched your kit and kin.

Our position is simple. We are either equal partners in this anomaly of a union or we want out. We are fully ready to back our demands with action and no matter the attempts to intimidate us, we will not succumb to your blackmail.

Get this message into your thick skull!

Yours

Ed

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2012

u are fast making a foool of ursef.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
Demdem: When obj was there, these same people called him gorilla, yawa no gas ooo. Yaradua came, sickler go-slow was the in-thing, Aboki no send. Now that the fisherman is on the throne, they are crying blue murder. Nonsense.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
Demdem:

u are fast making a foool of ursef.

And who made you the judge of what constitutes foolishness? Cos from where I stand, you are winning the award for foolishness with distinction. I told you before, you have a false sense of self importance. You are overrated and over hyped! Your emptiness is legendary!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by aljharem(m): 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove: @Alj_Harem,
Nairaland,
World Wide Web,
Nigeria
10 April 2012,

8:50pm

Dear Sir,

PLEASE STOP THE PROPAGANDA

My attention has been drawn to your recent post here on NL where you attempted to portray you and your people as victims. I wish to put the records straight.

You are not a victim, you are the OPPRESOR!

Nigeria gained her independence Oct 1st, 1960. Since then, we the people of the Niger Delta have been marginalised, ridiculed, scorned and manipulated by your kit and kin. You have used the advantage given to you by the colonial masters and diverted our God given natural resources to develop yourselves. Now, we have come of age and demand equity but alas, you are trying to play a new card. You are trying to play the victim. Let me repeat it again loud and clear for the world to hear, you are the OPPRESOR, not the victim. You occupied choice positions in the military, civil service and multinational companies and from those positions, you enriched your kit and kin.

Our position is simple. We are either equal partners in this anomaly of a union or we want out. We are fully ready to back our demands with action and no matter the attempts to intimidate us, we will not succumb to your blackmail.

Get this message into your thick skull!

Yours

Ed

My brother Edicolove, it seems like you are going crazy or maybe you are high on some cheap drugs. Maybe you need to read your history again and visit your political books.

We have never been against Niger-delta being on their own. Infact it was Awolowo that made the so called Niger-delta after the split of the mid-west when he was imprison by Nnamdi.

Yorubas were margainlised and suffer a great deal during the first republic after figthing for southern Nigeria so can when you talk of equality I think you should never called the yorubas again because they have always wanted equality.

What I am telling you here is to ask your leaders to stop wasting money on militants ans spend more money on the grass root people. Stop treating GEJ like a baby he is a Nigeria president and NOT South-South president so the North West East (if they have a mind of their own) can ask him questions and have every right to critise him if it is needed.

You cannot be blackmailing ACN or the SW because of Oil, that is stu.pid and very very tribalisitic. OK!!!

Saro wiwa

I am a Khana. The Khana along with their cousins, the Gokana, Tai and Eleme have, since 1947, been grouped as Ogonis, in the Ogoni Division. Today, the Khana and Gokana are in the Bori Local Government Area, the Tai and Eleme are part of something called Otelga, a hybrid Local Government consisting of the Okrika Ijaws, the Ndoki Igbos and the Tai and Eleme. We belong to Rivers State.

[b]The Ogoni number about 500,000, which makes me an extreme minority in a Nigeria of one hundred million people. The first secondary school in Ogoni country was established one hundred years after the first secondary school in Yorubaland, the CMS Grammar School in Lagos (185. These two facts alone, in the first instance, establish my pitiable plight. I am unfortunate to be a Nigerian. I would rather not be, but I am doing my level best to be one, and a good one at that. Being a Nigerian means that my brother Nigerian of the Bura ethnic group in Borno State has been told that I am a "Southerner," equal to the Yoruba or Igbos who are numerous, well-educated and are after the jobs which the "northerner" ought to have. I wander, therefore, through the Federal Civil Service and am lost in the competition between "northern" and "Southern" Nigerians, between the Igbo and the Yoruba, between the various clans and religions of the various peoples of Nigeria, between personal ambition and greed. I am lost. I cannot truly answer the name Nigerian. [, ][/b]

I was a graduate student when the cataclysmic events of 1966 happened. Apart from my revulsion at the needless murders of the innocent, nothing upset me more than Ojukwu's dishonest formulations and his attempt to kidnap the Ogoni, among others, into his Igbo empire called "biafra." I knew that he pinned his hopes of the economic viability of "biafra" on the oil of the Ogoni and the Ijaw. I rebelled. I became Secretary of a small committee which met nights in Port Harcourt and issued a communiqué calling on Gowon to create a Rivers State by decree.

When, by sheer quirk of fortune, this happened in 1967, I abandoned family and caution, crossed the fighting lines and found myself in Lagos. There I became a member of something called the Interim Advisory Council of Rivers State and, subsequently, Administrator for Bonny. I returned to the war front and struck up friendships with gentlemen like Sani Bello who comes from Kontagora, Akinrinade from Ife, Obasanjo from Abeokuta, Yakubu Danjuma from Takum, Dan Ato, now deceased, from Bida. I had reason to hope that my nightmare as an Ogoni in Nigeria was about to end.

With the war ended, and as a Commissioner in Rivers State, I soon found that the Rivers State for which I had fought did not end my nightmare. [b]In the first place, oil money from Ogoni country (as well as Ijaw country) was being carted away to Lagos, leaving the Ogoni illiterate and backward. This is anti-federalism. Worse still, the Ijaws were taking their frustrations out on the non-Ijaws of the State. For the Ijaws alone number more than the eight other ethnic groups in Rivers State put together. Though historically disunited, the Ijaws find unity when it comes to lording it over the non-Ijaws. The Ijaws will want to perpetuate this. Today, there is not even a Commission from my Local Government Area in the Rivers State Cabinet such as it is. My dilemma as an Ogoni is not about to end.

Lost in this dreadful nightmare, I went in 1971 to see Chief Awolowo at the Federal Ministry of Finance. There was nothing I told the sage that he was not aware of. He showed me his writings on the issue and bade me seek the mid-Southern State he had proposed in 1966. Thus was the quest for a Port Harcourt State begun. In 1974. When we started, there was no shortage of opponents. To the Ijaws, I became a traitor. [, ] The creation of this State would alleviate my nightmare and show Nigeria how much it has robbed and neglected the Ijaws of the oil-bearing Delta.

So, what do I really want? I want a place where my children can regain the independence which was the Ogoni patrimony before the advent of colonial rule and before Nigeria's independence consigned them to slavery at the hands of their neighbours. I want the option of CHOICE. And I am not begging for it. I DEMAND it. And I also want that option for Hauwa Madugu, the 21-year old Youth Corper in my office. She is a Jenju from Gongola State. So that we can both be better citizens of Nigeria and end our collective nightmare.

How I wish Awo were still alive! He would have understood. He knew the country well!
[/b]

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/articles/Awo%20and%20the%20Creation%20of%20States.htm

Maybe you need to stop lying you ideeiot because you know we have never had any intreast in the south-south apart from yoruba areas of the place. Equality

The current minister of Lagos is Bini

Oluremi is Itsekiri

two slots in Lagos are Igbo

You have stayed in lagos, have you ever been treated as an outsider ? Don't lie
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove:

And who made you the judge of what constitutes foolishness? Cos from where I stand, you are winning the award for foolishness with distinction. I told you before, you have a false sense of self importance. You are overrated and over hyped! Your emptiness is legendary!

Ode grin grin, so na u be the judge to award such stupidity? Besides when was that bolded? on this same thread liar? me think u are fast growing insane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram / 8 Boko-Haram Members Captured In Maiduguri / Kagara Abductions: All Students, Teachers and Family Members Have Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.