Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists (14960 Views)

Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by EkoIle1: 3:44am On Apr 10, 2012

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 3:45am On Apr 10, 2012
Johndoe100:

At last you have found another traitor. It must make you so happy. We are all for keeping politicians on there toes, but the ACN has malice as their primary motive.

Traitor? Lol. This is the second time you are using that word on me.
I know you are a good guy as I have followed your comments on NL. I also know you to be very fair but have a tendency to be bias when it involves Ijaws.

Bro, the SS is very diverse and hence we all cannot have the same opinion. On some issues, the way you see things from Port-harcourt may be different from the way an Edo or Deltan see it. The way I see things, to me seem fair but to you is bias. I have no issues with that since we all have a common goal, DEVELOPMENT whether for our region or Nigeria at large.

In as much as I am against name calling, I cannot be against people expressing their human rights.

As for GEJ's presidency, I hope you realise that ONLY the SS did not get him there? The SE, SW and NC also voted for him (if one of this zones were left out, GEJ will not be there today), even some NW and NEasterners voted for him, are they fools? Certainly not.
The moment GEJ swore that oath, he seized to be an "Ijaw man" and he became a Nigerian with VERY ETHNIC GROUP AS HIS! One thing I want you to realise is that GEJ is not just your president or my president(SS generally) but an Hausa man's, Kanuri man's, Fulani man's, Yoruba man's, Igbo man's etc president.

He must shed the tribal coat put around him by people like Dokubo. It reduces his power base. He also must not answer every criticism cause if he does that, that is exactly where ACN wants him, to look weak and thus increase their power base.

Moreover, criticizing GEJ is PURELY a party thing not an ethnic thing. Don't read too much meaning to an issue as petty as this (before this I never commented on this topic cause its silly). A divided South (not politically)is a conquered South. Let politics remain as politics and let relations remain as relations.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ayojango(m): 4:17am On Apr 10, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: I said it. Yes i know the yorubas very well. They are back stabbers, betrayers. They can never be trusted to align with the south south or south east. They are the one still holding the various groups in this country from attaining their full potential. They are the parasite not the north. Smelling tribe.

From ur comments its obvious uv been a houseboy before
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by babs4president: 6:28am On Apr 10, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. It is sad, morally wrong, ethically depressing and morally debasing 4 youth on nairaland or elsewhere to joined issues and b at loggerhead over a common enemy(ies) they shuld rather face together(our elders)and luk at them in the eyes and tell them they waisted this generation. The fact is, all nigeria's past leaders 4rm commissiona 2 d highest rung of d ladder shuld b probe n made to face d music IF found guilty. Wat we youth shud seek 4 is gud govnance nt leadership on ethnic prejudice, we shudnt care who is rulin us provided our basic necessities are met bt wat I found nauseating is dat evey issue toils d line of ethnic dimension d moment we ar discussing any important national matter and dis is very dangerous because dis is a seed of mistrust which nid 2 b avoided.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by mangbede: 7:01am On Apr 10, 2012
I now Know dat ACN is a religious party,In Ogun d governor attacked gbenga 4 donatin land 4 church buildin,how many xtians r in fasholas govt in lagos?GEJ is now been acused of colectin a genorous gift of a church...u wil neva win beyond d yoruba state if u continue lik dis
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Gbawe: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2012
Johndoe100:

At last you have found another traitor. It must make you so happy. We are all for keeping politicians on there toes, but the ACN has malice as their primary motive.

Dude, in your partisan mind, you can say the bolded, with a straight face, when the entire world sees the PDP currently involved in butchering Nigerians mercilessly? Abeg, what, even in your deluded mind, trumps the cold-blooded murder of innocent folks to include little children?

As Emiye noted on another thread, folks like you , and most fans of GEJ, are suffering from "Stockholm syndrome" i.e you have been in shackles so long you now support and even deify your captors. Only a mentally subjugated mind, such as yours, can tag any other Party with malice while the nest of killers PDP carries on its core duty of evil conduct against Nigerians daily. You are not better than that fool running around talking idiotically about fascism when PDP-sponsored terrorism and central economic fascism has claimed many Nigerian lives in the past 12 months. You and your mentor both sound deranged because normal adults belonging to the most blood-thirsty gang would not ordinarily run around accusing the girls guide of "primary malice" and "Nazism".
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2012
@Edo_girl, if you think the non indigines in Lagos really "Love" the Yoruba, you are truly delusional. I have several Yoruba friends but when you talk of the Yoruba as a whole, the perception is very different. When you talk about them in the context of Nigeria, the perception is very different. Edo state is ACN but majority of Edo state citizens will never go with the Yoruba.

I am talking about the way they try to address national issues. I am not talking about individual dislike for persons. The Yoruba man will always vote for his own. They are the most tribalistic people in Naija. They can isolate themselves and I am not talking about GEJ's government. I am talking about a time that is coming when decisions will be made and they will affect everyone of us, whether we like it or not. The SW states are not very bouyant states aoart from Ondo. Lagos income or wealth is artificial. It is not natural. It is because Lagos was capital of Nigeria and enjoyed things like being the major sea and airport for many years. That is changing and could change even much more in the near future.

I have worked in several sectors. The Niger Delta people are the most detribalised in Nigeria. A ND man will never employ another ND man just because he is from ND. A Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo man will do exactly that. That is what has been going on for years in the federal ministries and multinational companies. They can come here and pretend to be saints but we know what is really going on.

Like I said before, Nigeria, for about 5 decades, was ruled and destroyed by the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba leadership.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by TonySpike: 9:31am On Apr 10, 2012
I don't like commenting on tribal threads but can anyone honestly give us a comprehensive list of the Minister of Finance, Commerce, Petroleum and all policy makers that have been with the "so called" Hausa and Yoruba rulers of Nigeria for the past 25 years? I am more interested in this list because a President (or head of State) makes decision based on his ministers.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2012
Tony Spike: I don't like commenting on tribal threads but can anyone honestly give us a comprehensive list of the Minister of Finance, Commerce, Petroleum and all policy makers that have been with the "so called" Hausa and Yoruba rulers of Nigeria for the past 25 years? I am more interested in this list because a President (or head of State) makes decision based on his ministers.

I would be interested in such a list but again, you cannot say people like Abacha or IBB really cared much what their ministers thought or said. Their agendas were cast in stone from day 1. Awo was the first finance minister if I can recall. He definitely set the tone for where we are now as a nation. His people did benefit from him and you have to respect that but in the context of Nigeria, his divisive ideologies set us up for the big divides we see today.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 10:28am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove:

I would be interested in such a list but again, you cannot say people like Abacha or IBB really cared much what their ministers thought or said. Their agendas were cast in stone from day 1. Awo was the first finance minister if I can recall. He definitely set the tone for where we are now as a nation. His people did benefit from him and you have to respect that but in the context of Nigeria, his divisive ideologies set us up for the big divides we see today.

@ Red highlight

That was Chief Okotie Eboh. An Itsekiri.

@ purple highlight
How? Because he was the finance minister? We had a finance minister before him and we have had finance ministers after him, so how did he set the tone?

@Blue highlight

I respectfully disagree. His policies were for the whole Western region and that included Edos and Deltans.

The big divided was set up by Nnamdi and Ironsi. Infact, our unitary system today was done by Ironsi. These were men of Igbo origins so I don't get how Awolowo did these things you are typing here.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ENEONWO(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2012
But for the fact that Nairaland has been infilterated by ethnic jingoists and latent moral underdogs like Beaf, Ekeke's position as quoted by Gbawe would have ended this thread. Yes, Ekeke has said it all, but do people listen? Someone says 'no one is so blind as he who has functional eyes but refuses see'. Thank you Gbawe, for that informative piece.

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove: @Edo_girl, if you think the non indigines in Lagos really "Love" the Yoruba, you are truly delusional. I have several Yoruba friends but when you talk of the Yoruba as a whole, the perception is very different. When you talk about them in the context of Nigeria, the perception is very different. Edo state is ACN but majority of Edo state citizens will never go with the Yoruba.

I am talking about the way they try to address national issues. I am not talking about individual dislike for persons. The Yoruba man will always vote for his own. They are the most tribalistic people in Naija. They can isolate themselves and I am not talking about GEJ's government. I am talking about a time that is coming when decisions will be made and they will affect everyone of us, whether we like it or not. The SW states are not very bouyant states aoart from Ondo. Lagos income or wealth is artificial. It is not natural. It is because Lagos was capital of Nigeria and enjoyed things like being the major sea and airport for many years. That is changing and could change even much more in the near future.

I have worked in several sectors. The Niger Delta people are the most detribalised in Nigeria. A ND man will never employ another ND man just because he is from ND. A Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo man will do exactly that. That is what has been going on for years in the federal ministries and multinational companies. They can come here and pretend to be saints but we know what is really going on.

Like I said before, Nigeria, for about 5 decades, was ruled and destroyed by the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba leadership.

Her point is, we don't hate Yorubas, we don't care about how they run their politics. How can you hate your host and yet remain in the state? Does that not defeat your point?

They are tribalistic cause they isolate themselves? These are a people that are known opposition since the first republic, even against their own in 1999. How is that tribalistic??

Other SW states except ondo are not buoyant because they do not have oil? C'mon, you know better than this. . . .

You call Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba but spare the ethnic group that started the first coup ever in the country and the first civil war? The ethnic group that killed other leaders but left theirs? The ethnic group that has EQUALLY been in power, if not president, but they produced a VP and senate presidents throughout these period?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by MandM: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2012
Life isn't supposed to be difficult for us. Poverty has ravaged our thoughts, life, and religion. I learned a lot during the Easter break reading one of the greatest books after Achebe's "Things Fall Apart". "The Cure For Poverty" by Daniel Young is one book that kept me on my toes all night.

If you want a free E-copy, email: karambadan@yahoo.com
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2012
Hahahahaha I can see some Igbo and yoruba here trying to claim what they don't have...trying to form alliance with us in the south south ...well we are d richest tribe so I won't wonder much about that....but I will rather have naija Delta republic that all my oil will be use to develop or my area than join any other stup!d tribe be it biafra or odua republic to form a country or better still united southern nigeria .... So all if u igbo mor0ns and yoruba ass...can kiss my butt..hihihihihihihi *wicked laff*

1 Like

Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2012
9jadelta: Hahahahaha I can see some Igbo and yoruba here trying to claim what they don't have...trying to form alliance with us in the south south ...well we are d richest tribe so I won't wonder much about that....but I will rather have naija Delta republic that all my oil will be use to develop or my area than join any other stup!d tribe be it biafra or odua republic to form a country or better still united southern nigeria .... So all if u igbo mor0ns and yoruba ass...can kiss my butt..hihihihihihihi *wicked laff*

VERY SOLID POINT!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:00am On Apr 10, 2012
ENEONWO: But for the fact that Nairaland has been infilterated by ethnic jingoists and latent moral underdogs like Beaf, Ekeke's position as quoted by Gbawe would have ended this thread. Yes, Ekeke has said it all, but do people listen? Someone says 'no one is so blind as he who has functional eyes but refuses see'. Thank you Gbawe, for that informative piece.

The irony of life is that we have so many people who think they see and the rest of us are blind. Do you know Hitler thought the rest of the world was blind. Even Boko Aram and Al Qeada thinks e are all blind. That is why Nigeria is where it is today. Because poeple like you think they can see and the rest of us are blind. False sense of superiority complex is the proper name for it.

@Jason123, I did say that "if I can recall" meaning I wasn't too sure if he was the first. But I think he did set the tone for modern day Nigeria in terms of economic policies. Like I said, on one hand, they ere good policies that favoured his people but in the National context, they were detrimental to the national interest in the long term. So sincerely, it is hard to fault him. I do have big issues with Zik too. Zik was one of those that pushed the one Nigeria stuff to the point where we ended up with this fraud of a relationship. But Zik was a ceremonial head. Sir Ahmadu Bello was the prime minister and had all the powers. Ironsi was a weak military ruler who didn't even want to rule.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 11:07am On Apr 10, 2012
jason123:

Her point is, we don't hate Yorubas, we don't care about how they run their politics. How can you hate your host and yet remain in the state? Does that not defeat your point?

They are tribalistic cause they isolate themselves? These are a people that are known opposition since the first republic, even against their own in 1999. How is that tribalistic??

Other SW states except ondo are not buoyant because they do not have oil? C'mon, you know better than this. . . .

You call Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba but spare the ethnic group that started the first coup ever in the country and the first civil war? The ethnic group that killed other leaders but left theirs? The ethnic group that has EQUALLY been in power, if not president, but they produced a VP and senate presidents throughout these period?

pls get your facts right, they were not against their own, they preferred Olu Falea to OBJ, they perceive OBJ is a northern string-puppet. In 2003 they voted OBJ en mass and they even lost SW states to PDP.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove:

I live in Lagos and understand the politics of Lagos. Lagos is not being ruled by the Yorubas because they are more in number but because the non indegenes or other tribes shy away from the politics. My point is very clear. If you make the issue one of Yorubas against the rest of us, you will create a situation where non indigenes will begin to allign themselves against the Yorubas. This is not about insults or name calling. My warning is very clear and about facts. I saw a bit of that in the last elections. The ACN folks at my polling booth clearly told us during the presidential election that it wasn't their day and that they weren't really interested. They boasted that we should come back and see what will happen during the following weeks gov election and true to their words, they turned out en masse. I observed that in at least 3 polling stations.

The non indigenes in Lagos far outnumber the indigenes. Places like Surulere, Ketu, AJ, festac, etc are majorly other tribes. That many of them can speak Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba. The truth is, if you want to criticize GEJ, by all means do. But when you create this situation where everything ACN peeps do is right and whatever GEJ does is wrong and you want to claim you are being objective or that you have Nigerias interest at heart, you are creating a divide that will come back to hunt you. And to think that everyone else cannot see your real agenda and motive is very delusional.

This church building issue is sooooo petty that it will really lay ACN out in the sun to dry, believe me. If you think Nigerians from across the country is really going to take this serious, then you have truly lost it.
Shut up and answer d question slowpoke ....did non indegens made jonathan won in oyo,ondo,ogun etc? So on simple and direct question
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by BlueMurder(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove:

The irony of life is that we have so many people who think they see and the rest of us are blind. Do you know Hitler thought the rest of the world was blind. Even Boko Aram and Al Qeada thinks e are all blind. That is why Nigeria is where it is today. Because poeple like you think they can see and the rest of us are blind. False sense of superiority complex is the proper name for it.

@Jason123, I did say that "if I can recall" meaning I wasn't too sure if he was the first. But I think he did set the tone for modern day Nigeria in terms of economic policies. Like I said, on one hand, they ere good policies that favoured his people but in the National context, they were detrimental to the national interest in the long term. So sincerely, it is hard to fault him. I do have big issues with Zik too. Zik was one of those that pushed the one Nigeria stuff to the point where we ended up with this fraud of a relationship. But Zik was a ceremonial head. Sir Ahmadu Bello was the prime minister and had all the powers. Ironsi was a weak military ruler who didn't even want to rule.

Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister, not the bolded!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove:

No worries. I too don't know everything.

Can you point out the national policies he did that were detrimental?
About Zik, he was meant to form Southern Nigeria with Awo. I hope you are aware that the three region were said to have voted. Zik and Ahmadu voted for Nigeria while Awo was left alone to vote against. That set in motion the margnalisation of his people and that is why I keep tell people (not you) that Nigeria did not just start in 1967. You once said Igbo rule the civil service, did you ask how? Well,from the Yoruba's point of view, that was treachery. But nowadays, most people have selective history.
How did Ahmadu have all the powers? Through Awo or Zik?

Ironsi, whether weak or not, forced a unitary system. You can't absorb his fault and Igbos fault in Nigeria yet quick to call out Hausa/Fulani and the Yorubas since the first coup was carried out by men of the Igbo ethnic group. Why not go back to the genesis of the whole matter?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2012
ekwy nwa:

pls get your facts right, they were not against their own, they preferred Olu Falea to OBJ, they perceive OBJ is a northern string-puppet. In 2003 they voted OBJ en mass and they even lost SW states to PDP.

Regardless, you don't dislike your own and yet you remain tribalistic. Some Igbo dislike Zik, are they tribalistic?
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2012
@Jason123, I never said I hate the Yoruba. I am discussing issues here not persons. I did say before that I have several Yoruba friends. I am talking in the context of Nigeria and the Yoruba nation. My problem with them is the hypocrisy they show when they try to make us believe they are fighting for our collective interest. I will respect them a lot more if they just come out and state it like it is. At least that's one thing you have to respect the Hausa/Fulani for. They always come out to say what they want. If all the tribes in Naija just come out and make their demands and positions, we would have been a great country by now.

The reason people like Asari say the things they do is because they know Nigeria is all about sectional interest. They have seen how over the years, the north and the SW have pushed their own into key areas of the oil and gas industry and continue to do so. They have seen how you couldn't get choice jobs or contracts from the FG except you were Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba. They have seen how a whole country was thrown into debt and poverty because the nations resources was used to build a new capital territory in record time. They see these stuff everyday so you can't blame them for how they feel. Honestly, I feel their pain too.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by jason123: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2012
edicolove: @Jason123, I never said I hate the Yoruba. I am discussing issues here not persons. I did say before that I have several Yoruba friends. I am talking in the context of Nigeria and the Yoruba nation. My problem with them is the hypocrisy they show when they try to make us believe they are fighting for our collective interest. I will respect them a lot more if they just come out and state it like it is. At least that's one thing you have to respect the Hausa/Fulani for. They always come out to say what they want. If all the tribes in Naija just come out and make their demands and positions, we would have been a great country by now.

The reason people like Asari say the things they do is because they know Nigeria is all about sectional interest. They have seen how over the years, the north and the SW have pushed their own into key areas of the oil and gas industry and continue to do so. They have seen how you couldn't get choice jobs or contracts from the FG except you were Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba. They have seen how a whole country was thrown into debt and poverty because the nations resources was used to build a new capital territory in record time. They see these stuff everyday so you can't blame them for how they feel. Honestly, I feel their pain too.

Okay, I get you. I think their position is federalism (not too sure).

I agree but again, you are absorbing the Igbo ethnic group and blaming the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba. What about the Ubas in the oil industry?
Abuja? lol!

Anyway, I get you. . . .
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by edicolove: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2012
@Jason123

I wasn't absorbing the Igbos, I was simply saying Zik and Ironsi were really not such power brokers. Zik was a ceremonial head. zik himself "betrayed" the Ibos during the civil war. Ojukwu was the one that had the ibo interest at heart.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by NorthSharp(m): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2012
9jadelta: ..hihihihihihihi *wicked laff*

I couldn't help laughing so loudly (but not wickedly) at your 'wicked laff'
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2012
jason123:

Regardless, you don't dislike your own and yet you remain tribalistic. Some Igbo dislike Zik, are they tribalistic?

I reiterate, try to get your facts before posting, there is nothing to disregard as you suggested above OBJ lost SW in 1999 because of Olu Falae factor. If it were b/w OBJ and another ethnic group the person would ve lost to him in SW. If they re not tribalistic as you said why didn’t AD field a presidential candidate for 2003 election. the decision of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) not to field a candidate for the2003 presidential elections, stemmed out of ethnic consideration, occasioned by the emergence of President Olusegun Obasanjo as the candidate of the ruling PDP. AD found it proper to go into alliance with the PDP because President Obasanjo, a Yoruba man, is the candidate of the PDP.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Desola(f): 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2012
The British are indeed very greedy and destructive!

How could they have thought it right to amalgamate these different nations and foist false nationalism on us?

One just have to look at the ethnic discord in this thread to see that Nigeria is indeed a curse on each nation that belongs to the nation. This unholy union truly has to break! No more patching, there is no longer cement to cover the huge crack. So i say bring this lie to an end already!
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Demdem(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
ekwy nwa:

I reiterate, try to get your facts before posting, there is nothing to disregard as you suggested above OBJ lost SW in 1999 because of Olu Falae factor. If it were b/w OBJ and another ethnic group the person would ve lost to him in SW. If they re not tribalistic as you said why didn’t AD field a presidential candidate for 2003 election. the decision of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) not to field a candidate for the2003 presidential elections, stemmed out of ethnic consideration, occasioned by the emergence of President Olusegun Obasanjo as the candidate of the ruling PDP. AD found it proper to go into alliance with the PDP because President Obasanjo, a Yoruba man, is the candidate of the PDP.

The reason for not aving a candidate was as a result of obj's abracadabra. Obj fooled AD leaders than and by the time they realized how fooolish they were, it was too late. It consumed them all. The only man against such remained till this day the only man standing which is the asiwaju himself
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
ekwy nwa:

When you use words like "Vote En Mass", are you just trying to make your country look "good" or are you just trying to feel civilized, because as far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A FAIR PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA since 1999. All, you've had are rig-fests, so I don't know if it'd be accurate to characterize the shams you've had over the last 13yrs as anything close to an election.
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by anonimi: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hypocrisy by the Association of Conmen in Nigeria (ACN) - progressive by mouth only!

LASU may lift students union suspension.
[url="http://www.punchng.com/news/lasu-may-lift-students-union-suspension/"]Punch[/url]
April 10, 2012 by Sodiq Oyeleke

There are strong indications that the authorities of the Lagos State University may lift the suspension on the Students Union Government of the institution.
LASU suspended the SUG on November 31, 2011 after the students body led a protest against the hike in school fees. A close source, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent on Sunday that the students union and the authorities were set to resolve the issue.

He said, “The suspension is likely to end soon. The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. John Obafunwa, has assured the Students Union of quick resolution.
“Although, the issue has not been finalised, the VC has set up a committee to look into the activities of the students union and demanded that they provide a resolution on the way forward.”
He said despite the suspension of the union, its members were allowed the full rights of a student union.
He also said there were still challenges with infrastructure in the school, noting that the school management was working towards improving them.
“The school management has started erecting some buildings like the Students Union Arcade, Senate Building, and some faculties but there are still challenges when it comes to academic development,” he said.

The Secretary of the National Association of Nigerian Students, Lagos State, Mr. Hakeem Salami, appealed to the school management to lift the suspension to promote freedom in the school.
He said, “We have met with the school management and they told us it was just for a short period. The VC assured us three weeks ago that the suspension would soon be over.”
He urged the school management to be transparent in their dealings with the students, saying that was the only way the school could develop.

Also, some students of the school have said the fees they paid do not correspond with the facilities available.
A 100 level student, who identified herself simply as Tosin, said she was dissappointed with the facilities available for the students.
She said, “When they increased school fees, I thought it would improve the standard of the school but I am surprised to see that nothing has changed up till now.”

Wrecking the inherited education legacy of Awolowo and the UPN governors of over three decades ago for their self-aggrandisement!
Omo a kotile ta - prodigal son.

[VIDEO]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2eWv62Y7I[/VIDEO]
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by Willywilly9: 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2012
Desola: The British are indeed very greedy and destructive!

How could they have thought it right to amalgamate these different nations and foist false nationalism on us?

One just have to look at the ethnic discord in this thread to see that Nigeria is indeed a curse on each nation that belongs to the nation. This unholy union truly has to break! No more patching, there is no longer cement to cover the huge crack. So i say bring this lie to an end already!
Aha, na now you come, our hatred for each other is too much, tht is why we should pray for quick disintegration of this Devil Paradise call Nigeria. We should give our maximum support to MEND,OPC,MASSOB, all ethnic militia including Boko Haram that want Islamic republic for their Northern people. Thank God Nigeria have started crumbling
Re: Fearless ACN Hits Back At Jonathan, Warns South South Ethnic Jingoists by ekwynwa: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
kingoflag:

When you use words like "Vote En Mass", are you just trying to make your country look "good" or are you just trying to feel civilized, because as far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A FAIR PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA since 1999. All, you've had are rig-fests, so I don't know if it'd be accurate to characterize the shams you've had over the last 13yrs as anything close to an election.

We ve never had a fair election; I was trying to tell Jason 123 that a particular group voted OBJ en mass during 2003 presidential elections cos of tribal motives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Army Begins Investigation Into Killing Of Pro-biafra Agitators. / President Buhari Should Stop War Mongering or Else.... - Mike Ozekhome (SAN) / Ogun Assembly Impeaches Dare Kadiri, The Deputy Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.