Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,486 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Who Hurts More/longer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Hurts More/longer? (971 Views)

What Hurts More, Loosing A Friend Or Loosing A Bae / Breakups… Who Hurts More? / Heart Break: Who Hurts More Man Or Girl? (2) (3) (4)

Who Hurts More/longer? by msanda(m): 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2007
So much for the theory that guys are made of stone and babes of butter.
I personally believe that guys have much deeper emotions that girls do, and when it's over, you guys (girls) sure move along much faster__

__ at least for naija!

PS: I hate feelin wot am feelin. I promise me neva to feel dis again! angry
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by adeboo(f): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2007
I would have to say both hurt the same.
I have known some guys that hurt so much when they have a heartbreak to the point of suicide.
And on the other hand, i have known some women to just fall apart when they have a heartbreak.

Men arent great at falling in love and when they do, its hits them bad.

Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by iice(f): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2007
So gender does play some role because society deems it so
However i don't see how or why one gender is supposed to hurt more or longer than the other? undecided Right. . .we know that men are 'supposed' to be the cold unfeeling ones. . .yeah right! tripe! And the women are the bawling bag of emotions. . .righttttt
So like adeboo said, they both hurt coz i too have seen both in pain.
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by tkb417(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2007
i think it has to do with who loved most when the going was good. If the babe was the one who loved the guy the most, she will hurt most. . . vice versa

This has nothing to do with gender. Guys hurt likewise the gurls too.
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by pastorjay: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2007
I know of a guy some yrs back that committed suicide because his G-friend told him it was over. This happened at IMSU.
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by cblow(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2007
it is always wrong to make general statements like this because we are all unique individuals. it is also improper to compare males and females when it comes to these emotional issues because they have completely different genetic make-up and will however respond in different ways. that notwithstanding, people will react differently based on experiences that have built them up over time hence in some cases, females could hurt for longer and in other cases its the other way round.
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by uchetobi(f): 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2007
It varies with the individual, some girls are not emotional at all, tho typically girls are more emotional than guys while on the other hand, some guys are emotional baskets. So it depends really on the emotional state of the individual
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by msanda(m): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2012
msanda: ....
PS: I hate feelin wot am feelin. I promise me neva to feel dis again! angry

5 years down the line... stumbled on this... Might explain why I have not been able to commit to the ladies I've dated since. undecided

Currently dating a smart, beautiful, enterprising lady and she keeps wondering why sometimes I'm hot, sometimes I'm cold, sometimes I'm a darling and sometimes she wants to kill me. I guess some relationships just mark you for good.
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by Andrew3(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2012
same to guys also, some guys are not emotional.
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by Mynd44: 10:11am On Jun 16, 2012
They all hurt. Guys just manage it better
Re: Who Hurts More/longer? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2012
msanda:

5 years down the line... stumbled on this (I must have been really wild on Nairaland at some point!) And it explains why I have not been able to commit to the myriad of girls I have dated since. undecided

Currently dating a smart, beautiful, enterprising, french-speaking Calabar babe and she keeps wondering why sometimes I'm hot, sometimes I'm cold, sometimes I'm a darling and sometimes she wants to kill me. I guess some relationships just mark you for good.
Yes they do. Currently have three ladies on my case and I am scared to death of a commitment to any. My last relationship scarred me for life-so deep I just have negative thoughts towards romantic relationships of any sort. Tis fccked.

For Those Who Believe In Love! / 35 This Year, 2 Grown Kids, Running After A Nigeria Lawyer: / Is It Wise To Date Your Best Friend's Ex?