Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission (7663 Views)

Obasanjo Visits President Buhari (Photo) / Obasanjo Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / PHOTOS: Obasanjo Visits Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Babasessy(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2012
Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing on Mission

In his characteristic manner, former President Olusegun Obasanjo left reporters guessing Sunday during an unscheduled visit to Governor Adams Oshiomhole at the Government House, Benin City.

The visit, coming just a few days after he resigned as Chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), left tongues wagging as to the motive, prompting reporters to swarm round the former President firing one question after the other.

The former President deflected the questions posted to him, saying “thank you very much, thank you very much”.

Obasanjo, accompanied by his wife later went into a closed door meeting with Oshiomhole for about 10 minutes after which he emerged and told the reporters that the visit was a private one

He said: “I must not be in Benin City without calling on the governor. “I would come back and then there would be opportunity to talk, but for now, thank you very much.”

Every effort to make the former President disclose his mission in Benin City proved abortive, as he insisted he would return to the state at a later date during which he would properly address the press.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-visits-oshiomhole-keeps-reporters-guessing-on-mission/113313/
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Odutodaiwa: 8:37am On Apr 09, 2012
Abi Obasanjo wants to defect to ACN. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Silva79(f): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2012
Whatever.......all we want is good governance
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by maclatunji: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2012
Hahahaha, I laugh in Ijaw. GEJ wants to learn the hard way. You don't step on the toes of Nigeria's most vindictive politician without consequences.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Redhot111(m): 9:39am On Apr 09, 2012
[quote author=Odu-toda-iwa]Abi Obasanjo wants to defect to ACN. Wonders shall never end.[/quote)
who says oshiomhole is d man 2 meet assumuin baba really intend 2 swap parties?
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Beaf: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:

You got jokes! grin
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Funkymallam(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2012
Baba na baba, always making deals.
Watch Oshiomohle win d election on ACN platform and then defect to PDP grin cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by kaiter: 9:49am On Apr 09, 2012
Thanks a lot.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by JW214: 9:56am On Apr 09, 2012
For those who see Political Poles between Oshomole and OBJ, you are decieveing yourselves. They have been friends before the entry of Oshomole into full politics and will continue to be friends. I can bet it, OBJ has visited to toss a political coin with Oshomole.

Am watching and waiting for what the deal is, most likely next Presidency
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by oluchy(f): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2012
WHO CARES. Why won't these dinosaurs just roll over and die. Or better still become extinct. Always looking for cheap publicity "hiss".
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by antartica(m): 10:03am On Apr 09, 2012
#Like rat they do,dem go dey run corner corner,passie passie.

Some please help complete this abami tune.

Obj is one big hairy RAT.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Kenyy: 10:06am On Apr 09, 2012
[quote author=Babasessy]Obasanjo, accompanied by his wife quote] ...Which wife...
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Odutodaiwa: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2012
@ beaf. Yes,I got jokes. Has the Nigerian nation not been reduced into one big joke under our fisherman president?. And if I may ask, why would my joke make you suffer palpitations and tachycardia?.

I can only hope that when the consequences of Jona-tan's action today begin to stare him in the face tomorrow. All you his internet soldiers won't be yelling they don't love us.

Remember that that your actions today are the seeds you sow into you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Afam4eva(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:

My thoughts exactly. If he defects to ACN, that will be one of the biggest carpet-crossing in the history of Nigeria because OBJ for a long time has been an integral part of PDP. When and if he eventually does defect, he will become a saint in the eyes of ACN that had called for his head on several occasions. That's the ugliness of politics in Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by emsquare(m): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:

LOL!!!
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by hakanai(m): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2012
oluchy: WHO CARES. Why won't these dinosaurs just roll over and die. Or better still become extinct. Always looking for cheap publicity "hiss".

Abi o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by antartica(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2012
This is an opportunity for gej to bring obj to book for his crimes against humanity.Now that he is realizing that he is the commander-in-chief and to a great extent not as sick as dem obj and his pack of wolves,he can now bring all the criminals to book,lock them away for good,strip them of their illgotten wealth and sanitize nigeria for real like he appears to be doing.obj,atiku,anenih,ibb and co.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Sijo01(f): 10:36am On Apr 09, 2012
Badt guy!
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by mizne1: 10:51am On Apr 09, 2012
Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, the consequences will cause what role[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Jluvu: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2012
can you wish your father death? angry angry
oluchy: WHO CARES. Why won't these dinosaurs just roll over and die. Or better still become extinct. Always looking for cheap publicity "hiss".
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by adora4u1: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2012
And the beat goes on...... ACN is made up of 90% PDP, so soldier go, soldier come.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by maclatunji: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2012
mizne1: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, the consequences will cause what role[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]

Please, speak better English.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Afam4eva(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2012
J luv u: can you wish your father death? angry angry

That's if her father is a criminal and killer and i don't think he is.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by oiseworld: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2012
obj playing the cards again.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by egift(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2012
antartica: [b]This is an opportunity for gej to bring obj to book for his crimes against humanity.[/b]Now that he is realizing that he is the commander-in-chief and to a great extent not as sick as dem obj and his pack of wolves,he can now bring all the criminals to book,lock them away for good,strip them of their illgotten wealth and sanitize nigeria for real like he appears to be doing.obj,atiku,anenih,ibb and co.

You must be dreaming. Even in the dream, Jonathan can not try 1% of that. If OBJ winks wink Jonathan will collapse. Helpless Zoo-keeper.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by cowgurl: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2012
The guy js wants y'al 2 mak som noise abot it dat's y e ain't disclosing, hehehehehehe, sharp guy!
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by antartica(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2012
egift:

You must be dreaming. Even in the dream, Jonathan can not try 1% of that. If OBJ winks wink Jonathan will collapse. Helpless Zoo-keeper.

Deos it mean gej keeps obj the chi.mp in the zoo?Better still,he can just keep him off food and water as a zoo keeper and let him starve to death.

Obj is one animal that is not worth spending a dime on.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by osunmakin: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2012
Seriously speaking I think Tinubu and ACN people should be looking at their back(s) more than ever with the recent body language of OBJ. His recent visit to Ladoja (Oyo state) and now Oshiomole (Edo state) coupled with his revisionism theory of third term agenda. The old man is playing devil alternative with his voluntarily resignation as the PDP BOT chairmanship. If there is inhouse fighting in the PDP he will be at a distance looking with "I dey laugh" posture and if he is able to wrestle the opposition party to a standstill, he will say "I dey kampe".
I just hope that his machination(s) will not work with opposition party because everyone of us will pay dearly for it. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by perfectcrush(m): 11:27am On Apr 09, 2012
I just dey laf
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by antartica(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2012
osunmakin: Seriously speaking I think Tinubu and ACN people should be looking at their back(s) more than ever with the recent body language of OBJ. His recent visit to Ladoja (Oyo state) and now Oshiomole (Edo state) coupled with his revisionism theory of third term agenda. The old man is playing devil alternative with his voluntarily resignation as the PDP BOT chairmanship. If there is inhouse fighting in the PDP he will be at a distance looking with "I dey laugh" posture and if he is able to wrestle the opposition party to a standstill, he will say "I dey kampe".
I just hope that his machination(s) will not work with opposition party because everyone of us will pay dearly for it. A word is enough for the wise.

You talk as if your hands are tied looking at your enemy screw your wife,helpless.

Obj is a nonentity,whatever moves animals like him make in a new dawn nigeria is for the dogs.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 09, 2012
OBJ's era is over. He is bowing out for good. Let the old school loosen their grip on power so new breed of politicians can have a chance for reformist policies.
Re: Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission by mykejones(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2012
'The Devil's Advocate.' The Queen of the Nigerian political chess game.
For those who play the game of chess,you all know the role of a queen: fearless,attack minded,always in service 2 it's king.
Doesn't this Obj strike you as one?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years / APGA Suspends Victor Ike Oye As National Chairman For Gross Misconduct / Ondo Assembly Resumes Plenary, Plans To Continue Agboola Ajayi's Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.