Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu (8406 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi / Is Ojukwu A War Hero Or A Coward ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Callotti: 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2012
No great man leaves a domestic mess of feuding children to fight his widow for property after his death.
He was an irresponsible man. . . like most African men who remarry new wives and forget to 'train' the children older than their last wives.
As for his political ideologies. . .he had none but selfishness.
Nothing great about Ojukwu.
He was a phenomenal loser from all angles.
The ultimate miscalculator.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 11:07pm On Apr 09, 2012
Callotti: No great man leaves a domestic mess of feauding children to fight his widow for property after his death.
He was an irresponsible man. . . like most African men who remarry new wives and forget to 'train' the children older than his last wife.

ASHAWO WILL CRY AT THE OLD AGE,I AM SURE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS,TAXES PROSTITUTE,DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BORN A GREAT MAN LIKE OJUKWU ON THE STREET OF TEXAS? RESPECT ELDERS IF YOU NEED RESPECT ENOUGH SAID
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Callotti: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

ASHAWO WILL CRY AT THE OLD AGE,I AM SURE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS,TAXES PROSTITUTE,DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BORN A GREAT MAN LIKE OJUKWU ON THE STREET OF TEXAS? RESPECT ELDERS IF YOU NEED RESPECT ENOUGH SAID

Mu he he he he he he
Not all ashawos cry out in old age o!
Or like ashawo Ojukwu who scatters his blokos around I-HOE-land like a hooker.
He did not even see mouth to cry in his last days. . . TALK ABOUT A MALE ASHI EATING SHYTE IN OLD AGE! Twa!!! cheesy
"Black Widow" dey fly from Nigeria to Ghana servicing the Kpomos of GEJ and Rawlings to train pre-teenage fatherless children conceived in 'randy old age'!
When their husbands die. . . GEJ is always avah-lay-bull to foot the bill abi?
Btw. . . ashawo "TAXES" better pass ashawo "ARUGBO" Gbana West Africa o.wink

Tenk God o! My husband nefa reach 50 to quench like Ojukwu. . .ashawo "TAXES" ain't gonna be a grieving 'ashawo BLACK-WIDOW' giving her old impotent husband arsenic anytime soon to cause him 'heart failure' in London with remote control! I can still travel from Ghana to Nigeria without answering 'widow! Praise ma lord!!!! grin

Ojukwu was not a great man. . .he died dejected, lonely and unloved.
Abandoned with oyinbo nurses to empty his piss-bags. . .and wipe his azzzze.
No great man dies without his loved ones at his bedside.

Stop derailing the thread please. . .Achebe the senile, old 'ngwuru' is only doing what he does best.
Writing novels!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Ngodigha1(m): 12:18am On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti:

Mu he he he he he he
Not all ashawos cry out in old age o!
Or like ashawo Ojukwu who scatters his blokos around I-HOE-land like a hooker.
He did not even see mouth to cry in his last days. . . TALK ABOUT A MALE ASHI EATING SHYTE IN OLD AGE! Twa!!! cheesy
"Black Widow" dey fly from Nigeria to Ghana servicing the Kpomos of GEJ and Rawlings to train pre-teenage fatherless children conceived in 'randy old age'!
When their husbands die. . . GEJ is always avah-lay-bull to foot the bill abi?
Btw. . . ashawo "TAXES" better pass ashawo "ARUGBO" Gbana West Africa o.wink

Tenk God o! My husband nefa reach 50 to quench like Ojukwu. . .ashawo "TAXES" ain't gonna be a grieving 'ashawo BLACK-WIDOW' giving her old impotent husband arsenic anytime soon to cause him 'heart failure' in London with remote control! I can still travel from Ghana to Nigeria without answering 'widow! Praise ma lord!!!! grin

Ojukwu was not a great man. . .he died dejected, lonely and unloved.
Abandoned with oyinbo nurses to empty his piss-bags. . .and wipe his azzzze.

No great man dies without his loved ones at his bedside.

Stop derailing the thread please. . .Achebe the senile, old 'ngwuru' is only doing what he does best.
Writing novels!
Dude, you should be more concerned with Benjamin Adekule's predicament in a nursing home. Check out.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Callotti: 12:23am On Apr 10, 2012
As usual. . . the bigots have reported for duty.
This is about Ojukwu the man. . . not about Igbo vs Yoruba.
I frankly do not give a wiff of fart for your Nigerian tribes darling. . .I only deal with issue involving Nigeria as a whole.
Not innarestid in any useless NL fight involving rabid ethnicists.
You have bored NL and the world enough with your irredeemable stoopidity.
Thank you!

Back to topic please.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Ngodigha1(m): 12:28am On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti: As usual. . . the bigots have reported for duty.
I frankly do not give a wiff of fart for your Nigerian tribes darling. . .I only deal with issue involving Nigeria as a whole.
Thank you!

Back to topic please.
Is it a crime to let Yoruba nairalanders know that their hero is suffering.
Anyway, how can you support Adekunle?.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by khukhi(f): 12:33am On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti: As usual. . . the bigots have reported for duty.
Thank you!

Back to topic please.

gringringringringrin Lol! @ irredeemable stoopidity!

The government needs to have some serious Diversity workshops for everyone. Infact we should take the president and his cabinet to 1 first.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by NorthSharp(m): 1:00am On Apr 10, 2012
bittyend: Real mallam and fake mallams are fighting for who the real gworo chewing BH is. grin grin grin grin

Only on NL! lipsrsealed

If you had written the above insult a few months ago, when I was taking up and mercilessly punishing ethnic bigots that dared insulted my ethnic group this way, I would have made sure you regretted it; I would have insulted your ethnic group so badly, so scathingly and so unsparingly that any member of your tribe who had the misfortune of reading my response would regret ever coming to the forum.

But fortunately, I have since been 'rescued' from the perilous and self-destructive path of the type of ethnic bigotry that permeates this forum.

And I notice how you have been very hypocritical in your recent posts about ethnic bigotry; at one point, you project an image of a decent, enlightened, detribalized guy, yet at another you come up as bigoted, tribalistic, hateful, insulting as the worst of the bad guys.

Does anyone need to tell you how strongly people abhor hypocrisy and despise hypocrites?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ZUBY77(m): 1:41am On Apr 10, 2012
It doesnt matter where Ojukwu came from. The fact is that he is the greatest Nigeria that ever lived so far.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 10, 2012
The dream of Ikemba keeps hunting the one Nigeria project. Without fairness, equity and justice as a policy of confederation, then there will continue to be issues of tribalism, nepotism in Nigeria politics. Half baked democracy is nothing more than cabalocracy. If America is our paradigm. then true confederalism with 100% taxable resource control by each state is the key. Long live the Federal republic

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 2:41am On Apr 10, 2012
OH my my cool cool
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ismhab(m): 6:55am On Apr 10, 2012
This Achebe is too old and sick, i will not say he is fool at 80 due to some respect i have for him, never the less ojukwu deserve nothing than death by hanging.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by bakila: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2012
Ejiné:

While the entire Hausa-Fulani nation of parasites and malignant lepers will only continue to make its living from idly, soullessly and shamelessly waiting for the breadcrumbs that fall from the tables of their vastly superior Southern neighbors.

Hmmm. . . Nuff said.

Hmmm at crumbs from southern neighbours. That did not address the Churchill and Mandele illustration.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by mrsheddy(m): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2012
emisun: there is this question i av been wanting to ask since i first started taking interest in global affairs and that question-why did the ojukwu led rebellion only lasted for a mere three years when others else where like Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc lasted longer and some of them are still rebelling.
[

He who fight and run away live 2 fight another day. Ojukwu may be dead but his supporters ar not
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by amlydave: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2012
It is a pity and shame that some people take pride in stubborness and give glory to those who are reason for the death of many innocent souls. I don't know if the Ikemba of Nnewi has done some other thing(s) that brought him national recognition aside from the biafra war. If there's none then i suggest we allow him rest in peace than raise issues that are likely to bring him disrespect from people who are badly affected by the war he led !
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by bakila: 7:43am On Apr 10, 2012
Nnenna1: ^^^I'm slowly coming to find that if you respond to every negative comment about your ethnic group your chances of dying from a heart attack will increase exponentially.

Easier said than done (even for me too) but sometimes you have to learn to take things in stride and ignore the insults. Someone will always have something to talk about. Just be mindful that it is only nigerian politics (which isn't even that much to write home about) and reflects nothing on you as an individual.

Take care.

You are living in Nigeria, some folks writing tribal rubbish are not. Like someone said the bigots have reported for duty. Our collective bigotry has left those at the helm of affiars with plenty options to amass wealth and leave us messed up. If all the sectional Army and civilians have directed their concern at those in power we would have been less frustrated.
But alas Onlytruth Eze gburugburu of Niaraland is a Biafran.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by lacasa: 8:32am On Apr 10, 2012
grin
dayokanu: He lived for others from the comfort of Abidjan

While coming later to marry hisown goddaugther

Leave them, after he led igbos to near extinction d igbo r stiill hailing a coward that ran to abidjan. While they were here being killed in a lost "biafra" rebellion
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by lacasa: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2012
ZUBY77: It doesnt matter where Ojukwu came from. The fact is that he is the greatest Nigeria that ever lived so far.

R u crious Lmaooo. Ojukwu Lwkmd
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by lacasa: 8:38am On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti: No great man leaves a domestic mess of feauding children to fight his widow for property after his death.
He was an irresponsible man. . . like most African men who remarry new wives and forget to 'train' the children older than their last wives.
He was a phenomenal loser from all angles.
The ultimate miscalculator.

Fiam!!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by tchaik(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2012
emisun: there is this question i av been wanting to ask since i first started taking interest in global affairs and that question-why did the ojukwu led rebellion only lasted for a mere three years when others else where like Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc lasted longer and some of them are still rebelling.
This is the ? nobody has bothered to ask!
Nzeogwu (of the coup fame) suggested the issue of 'GEURILLA WARFARE " to OJukwu, but his strong big head refused. 'Conventional warfare' phucked up, and Nigeria is stil doing acts that might cause both Warfares to be a possibility.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Onlytruth(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2012
bakila:

You are living in Nigeria, some folks writing tribal rubbish are not. Like someone said the bigots have reported for duty. Our collective bigotry has left those at the helm of affiars with plenty options to amass wealth and leave us messed up. If all the sectional Army and civilians have directed their concern at those in power we would have been less frustrated.
But alas Onlytruth Eze gburugburu of Niaraland is a Biafran.

It is because every Igbo is a Biafran at heart. If you keep them from Nigerian presidency a little longer, they would take steps to establish Biafra in the physical. For now, they are watching you and the country you captured to see how far you want to go with that overlord mindset. After 2015, anything can happen.
Achebe said that Nigeria is a "cobbled" together country. I remember that a cobbler is a shoe mender. So, naija na shoe wey oyibo patch put. cry
Achebe is a legend, and he knows what he is talking about. cool
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by SSaemoenl(m): 9:14am On Apr 10, 2012
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by NorthSharp(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2012
Nnenna1: ^^^I'm slowly coming to find that if you respond to every negative comment about your ethnic group your chances of dying from a heart attack will increase exponentially.

Easier said than done (even for me too) but sometimes you have to learn to take things in stride and ignore the insults. Someone will always have something to talk about. Just be mindful that it is only nigerian politics (which isn't even that much to write home about) and reflects nothing on you as an individual.

Take care.

Thanks for these heart-warming words. I have since learnt how to ignore such ethnic insults on this forum, as painful as they are!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by chino11(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Ikemba Nnewi lives on.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by nduchucks: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2012
NorthSharp:

Thanks for these heart-warming words. I have since learnt how to ignore such ethnic insults on this forum, as painful as they are!

This is excellent. This kind of thick skin and maturity is very essential, when one operates in forums like NL or even in other set ups such as NASS. One can always find useful information in the middle of their insults. I for one, understand that many of them use those insults as a way of venting their frustrations. They all really want a successful Nigeria, but are frustrated at our elite who continue to screw us up and inject tribal hatred in our mist as a way of keeping us in check.

Now, being understanding does not mean that one has to roll over every time one is confronted. I myself have been known to call folks like Eze Onlytruth, dullard, olodo, or cretin smiley which he is, but reigning a curse at a whole tribe is actually quite childish and unnecessary.

You sir, are a gentleman.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2012
dayokanu: He lived for others from the comfort of Abidjan

While coming later to marry hisown goddaugther

Awo ended his miserable life with two shots of Otapiapia, leaving Yoruba nation to be led by killers, drug barons, bastards and certificate forgers.
Your senile old men re known for child molestation and underage marriage, these shameless senile men usually marry girls that re young enough to be their children. Frog like Okoya married Shade a little girl that is young enough to be his grand child. Obasanjo sleeps with everything in skirt from his friend’s daughters to his daughters in law.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by chino11(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2012
^

Bhuhahahahhahahahahhaha

Yorubas sef, what a monstrous tribe. It really sucks to be Yoruba grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 10:47am On Apr 10, 2012
chino11: ^

Bhuhahahahhahahahahhaha

Yorubas sef, what a monstrous tribe. It really sucks to be Yoruba grin grin grin grin

chino long time......
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ikanya: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2012
Those who want to compare the late Ikemba with the likes of Winston Churchill and Mandela, and what they termed as "hideout" should have availed themselves of the opportunity of reading extensively balanced accounts of the Biafrain-Nigerian civil war and the role Ojukwu played.Despite the fact that he advised that his side was ill prepared for the war, despite the fact that he did all that could be done to avert the war, despite the fact that he nursed the dream of one indivisible GREAT NIGERIA, he had to do what needed to be done to save his people that became the subject of massacre in other parts of Nigeria at that time. It seemed clearly that those who see the late Ikemba as a villain has been well fed with the federal government propaganda, during and after the civil war.
Ojukwu had never at any time gone to any "hideout".
His pardon by the Shagari's administration merely stated a good understanding of Ojukwu's personality, his love for a great Nigeria, the part he played to save his people and the circumstances that led to his declaration of the state of Biafra.
The situation Ojukwu faced was not same with those of Winston Churchill and Mandela and the comparism was born out of ignorance.
Anybody who thinks condemning Ojukwu makes him a nationalist or a true Nigerian is simply a slowpoke.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by member479760: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2012
Needless of reading any Ibo's write up - Prof Achebe is another Ibo-betrayal. keep staying in the USA and continue writing trash. the fact is the fact - you guys lost the war, Ojukwu makes you homeless and landless, Ibo should accept that fact, swallow it and join their civilized brothers to build a beta nation.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ismhab(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2012
nakedall: Needless of reading any Ibo's write up - Prof Achebe is another Ibo-betrayal. keep staying in the USA and continue writing trash. the fact is the fact - you guys lost the war, Ojukwu makes you homeless and landless, Ibo should accept that fact, swallow it and join their civilized brothers to build a beta nation.
This is the real truth.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
nakedall: Needless of reading any Ibo's write up - Prof Achebe is another Ibo-betrayal. keep staying in the USA and continue writing trash. the fact is the fact - you guys lost the war, Ojukwu makes you homeless and landless, Ibo should accept that fact, swallow it and join their civilized brothers to build a beta nation.

ewu who re the civilized one? read and learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Bode Thomas Died (former Alaafin Called Out) / Court Case Stalls N833bn Stamp Duty Fund Utilisation / National Assembly Moves To Amend CBN Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.