Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu (8407 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi / Is Ojukwu A War Hero Or A Coward ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Dede1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
emisun: there is this question i av been wanting to ask since i first started taking interest in global affairs and that question-why did the ojukwu led rebellion only lasted for a mere three years when others else where like Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc lasted longer and some of them are still rebelling.

I guess your question can be regarded as fool’s delight because it is a manifestation of ignorance. Your question could be simply answered if you had devoted an hour everyday to study the issue of Biafra without bias. Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc lasted longer and some of them are still rebelling than Biafra because of the originality and composition of the people involved. In addition, there could be little or no superpower interest in the real estate that serves as home to Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc unlike eastern region which British government declared richest estate within commonwealth nations before war started.

It is very erroneously damning that most Nigerians assumed or believed Biafra was Igbo affairs or Ojukwu and Biafrans remotely planned to kick off revote. Biafra was collateral damage of socio-politico-economic exigencies of the cesspit called Nigeria. There should have been no war if Nigeria had allowed the eastern region to follow its political destiny. The fight for Biafra would have continued like Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc if Biafra was a product of homogeneous people of eastern region which had remotely planned to remove itself from Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by patrick89(m): 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
Y are u people always forcin igbo people to believe dat ojukwu led them to war that took millions of there lifes and properties? Y are u forcin igbos to believe that he is a vailian and not a hero? I think they are d best people to make those decision not you! People should stop all these "I knw better rant", and allow them to idolize anyone they like the way they want. As for me, I think u people didn't knw all these issues better than them, yet they still believe he is the greatest igbo man ever lived, it will be stupid and crazy for someone outside to claim to knw about my father than I do, make una chill jari!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2012
patrick89: Y are u people always forcin igbo people to believe dat ojukwu led them to war that took millions of there lifes and properties? Y are u forcin igbos to believe that he is a vailian and not a hero? I think they are d best people to make those decision not you! People should stop all these "I knw better rant", and allow them to idolize anyone they like the way they want. As for me, I think u people didn't knw all these issues better than them, yet they still believe he is the greatest igbo man ever lived, it will be stupid and crazy for someone outside to claim to knw about my father than I do, make una chill jari!

WORD, tell them!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2012
ikanya: Ojukwu had never at any time gone to any "hideout".
His pardon by the Shagari's administration merely stated a good understanding of Ojukwu's personality, his love for a great Nigeria, the part he played to save his people and the circumstances that led to his declaration of the state of Biafra.

Below was what Ojukwus second in command wrote

When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by chino11(m): 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
And what do do you have to say about Yoruba leaders being bribed by the almjiris to slaughter Abioala, Kudirat, Fushow Williams, Bola Ige and so many unresolved murders in the Yoruba land. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Abiola’s Death: Al-Mustapha Insists Some Yoruba Leaders Were Bribed By Gen.Abdulsalami…Says More Incriminating Evidence In Seized Video Tapes"

http://ireports-ng.com/2011/08/09/abiolas-death-al-mustapha-insists-some-yoruba-leaders-were-bribed-by-gen-abdulsalami-says-more-incriminating-evidence-in-seized-video-tapes/

Yorubas both living and unborn will not ae chieve Ikemba's height in the history of Africa and world at large. Ikemba can only be compared to three people in the whole of Africa; great Zik, Nelson Mandela and Kwame Nkruma. As for Awolowoa he was convicted for treason by the government of Zik/Balewa and subsequent committed suicide.

Can somebody get me the picture of Awolowao's suicide attack on himself with otapiapia grin
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
patrick89: Y are u people always forcin igbo people to believe dat ojukwu led them to war that took millions of there lifes and properties? Y are u forcin igbos to believe that he is a vailian and not a hero? I think they are d best people to make those decision not you! People should stop all these "I knw better rant", and allow them to idolize anyone they like the way they want. As for me, I think u people didn't knw all these issues better than them, yet they still believe he is the greatest igbo man ever lived, it will be stupid and crazy for someone outside to claim to knw about my father than I do, make una chill jari!
wise man.They are so dumb to-see cool
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2012
chino11: Yorubas both living and unborn will not ae chieve Ikemba's height in the history of Africa and world at large. Ikemba can only be compared to three people in the whole of Africa; great Zik, Nelson Mandela and Kwame Nkruma. As for Awolowoa he was convicted for treason by the government of Zik/Balewa and subsequent committed suicide.

Mandela and Nkrumah did not run away

Infact Mandela spent 27yrs in jail for a cause he believed in

Ojuku rather fled to Abidjan and came back to marry his own goddaughter
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
Dede1:

The fight for Biafra would have continued like Tamil tigers,LRA,FARC,PKK etc if Biafra was a product of homogeneous people of eastern region which had remotely planned to remove itself from Nigeria.

The fight for Biafra could not continue because Biafra was not a product of homogeneous people of eastern region? When exactly did you find out the people of Biafra were not homogeneous? Before or after the war? Seems everything and everyone is responsible for the failure of Biafra, from Yorubas to Great Britain, to Russian and Americans to Biafrans themselves who were unfortunate not to be homogeneous!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
ojukwu name make some people poo on their pants is like calling the name of Jesus in devils den cool cool
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Dede1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Dayolodo,

If this was a class room, imagine the type of laughter you would have generated with the above silly response.

At this stage of your miserable life, you still can not strike a difference between war of independence or war of oppression and civil war. When you achieve a score of failure, you blame it on race bias instead of your abject deficiency in comprehension.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Dede1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
Aigbofa:

The fight for Biafra could not continue because Biafra was not a product of homogeneous people of eastern region? When exactly did you find out the people of Biafra were not homogeneous? Before or after the war? Seems everything and everyone is responsible for the failure of Biafra, from Yorubas to Great Britain, to Russian and Americans to Biafrans themselves who were unfortunate not to be homogeneous!

Unless you tend to claim dunce, every breathable punk outside eastern region of Nigeria knew the ethnic composition of the region was not homogeneous. The war had hardly ended when some peeps, which were nose deep in the affairs of Biafra, suddenly, publicly and continuously claimed their people were not consulted on Biafra. These groups of people had stopped at nothing to make sure the issue of Biafra was Igbo affairs.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
Former Chief Security Officer to late Head of state, Gen. Sani Abacha,Major Hamza Al-Mustapha was back at the Lagos high court, Igbosere on Lagos Island today, Tuesday to continue his testimony on the death of late Kudirat Abiola, during which he insisted that some Yoruba leaders including late Justice Minister, Chief Bola Ige actually collected bribes from the then military ruler, Gen Abdulsalmi Abubakar to thwart the struggle for the actualisation of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by MKO Abiola. shocked

While answering questions put to him by the Solicitor General, Mr Pedro Lawal, Major Al-Mustapha corrected his earlier testimony that leaders of the south west visited former head of state, General Abdulsalam Abubakar, admitting that the visit was made by elders of the National Democratic Coalition [NADECO].He also denied being physically present when money was shared to the elders to induce them to jettison the June 12 mandate. He however, reaffirmed his earlier testimony that the late Justice Minister was compensated for all the roles he played at the time.

Hamza Al-Mustapha revealed that he was in possession of more than 11 Ghana- must- go bags filled with video tapes, CDs and files of official secrets before his arrest. The video recordings according to him include what he claimed were recordings of the last minutes of the late MKO Abiola’s life and that of the meeting where money were allegedly shared among Yoruba leaders.

The alleged recordings were taken from him by security agents whom he said overturned his residences in Abuja, Kaduna and Yobe states.Al-Mustapha admitted that he was not with Sani Abacha when he died,but said he last saw the late head of state at about 2am on the day he died, along with some ministers and ambassadors who were at the Presidential Villa for a meeting.He also admitted that he was also not present when Mr Abiola died, adding that he was, “technically present when Abiola slumped and died in the presence of the four people that were with him when he drank the tea.”

He argued that his presence there, “technically”, was via a centralised tape recording system he maintained, which according to him,gave the confidence to confirm what happened. “If I am not there, I cannot confirm it from the tape I have,” he said. “My technical presence is as good as physical presence; otherwise I cannot claim my knowing.” Al Mustapha however, said the video tapes were no longer in his possession.

“They were seized after I was arrested on October 21, 1998 in Enugu on the orders of General Abdulsalami where I had been transferred to. In Abuja, 11 ‘Ghana-must-go bags’ were taken and I’ve not seen them till date.” He said.

The Solicitor General of Lagos State, Pedro Lawal, then asked him how he was able to get the tape of the visiting Yoruba elders and he said,
“Careless keeping is a form of security where something valuable are kept in the open,” Al-Mustapha replied. “That video was labelled cartoon, and that was why it was left behind.” When prosecution asked why the video of Abiola’s death and the one where money was shared were not tagged cartoons or carelessly kept, Al-Mustapha replied: “They were all taken away.” Prosecution also called for a replay of the video aired on Monday, which Al-Mustapha presented to back his claim that Yoruba leaders were paid by the presidency after Abiola’s death.

After viewing the tape again, Lawal stated that the response by the leader of the group, Abraham Adesanya, did not signify that the alleged meeting held a day after Abiola’s death.Al-Mustapha then quipped that MKO Abiola died exactly a month after Abacha’s demise, and “such was so automatic for anyone to understand, On July 6, 1998, Bola Ige brought Abiola’s family to see him. Then on July 7, 1998, Abiola died and then on July 8 1998, the Yoruba elders came and held discussions and they say they will go ahead with the government of national unity without knowing what happened to their
man who was hale and hearty? These are questions that must be asked,” he said.

Holding on to his claim that former head of state, Abdulsalami was central to death of the late June 12 winner, Al-Mustapha asked: “Why Obasanjo was sent home and Abiola left behind in detention. Abiola was in Abuja, while Obasanjo was in Yola. If General Abdulsalami cannot answer these questions because he is bigger than everybody, then let those distinct questions remain open.”

Still on the video, Lawal noted that amongst those in the video was Arthur Nwankwo, a NADECO chieftain. He, therefore, asked Al Mustapha if he wouldn’t agree that the people in the video were “elders of NADECO and not South-West leaders.” Al-Mustapha agreed with the prosecution and acknowledged that this was indeed a meeting with NADECO leaders. On the allegation that Nuhu Ribadu had orders to kill him, Al-Mustapha claimed that the Commissioner of Police “this morning confirmed on Radio France that ‘Ribadu is my boy and he operated under me.” When asked why he is making all these revelations now, Al-Mustapha again repeated his charge that he had never been given the opportunity.

“This is the first time for me to defend myself in 13 years,” he said. “Even while I was at Oputa panel, I was always given no-go areas - issues I could never discuss. There was a time late Gani Fawehinmi came and sat beside me in the box and said ‘if they were going to shoot you, let them shoot us together. Speak and you must speak.”

Al Mustapha told the prosecution he believed in the integrity of the court and had asked that all the things seized from him must be produced.The suspect also demanded for the inventory of his properties, alleging that “it is my possession of the tape on Abiola’s murder that has brought this case.” He further stated that he became “an enemy” to people that wanted Abacha removed.“This started in 1994 when they wanted to kill him and they could not because I was there,” he said. He also urged the court to issue a subpoena to police officers from Panti CID who investigated the sassination of Kudirat Abiola between 1996 and 1998, saying “they must be brought to testify.”

Justice Mojisola Dada granted an application filed by the defence team seeking to challenge her ruling on a no case submission, ruling delivered on July 14, 2011.The court adjourned till Wednesday after an argument by counsels on both sides on the admissibility of statements made by Major Al-Mustapha before the Oputa panel, which are not before the court

Yoruba leaders re really useless!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
chino11: And what do do you have to say about Yoruba leaders being bribed by the almjiris to slaughter Abioala, Kudirat, Fushow Williams, Bola Ige and so many unresolved murders in the Yoruba land. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Abiola’s Death: Al-Mustapha Insists Some Yoruba Leaders Were Bribed By Gen.Abdulsalami…Says More Incriminating Evidence In Seized Video Tapes"

http://ireports-ng.com/2011/08/09/abiolas-death-al-mustapha-insists-some-yoruba-leaders-were-bribed-by-gen-abdulsalami-says-more-incriminating-evidence-in-seized-video-tapes/

Yorubas both living and unborn will not ae chieve Ikemba's height in the history of Africa and world at large. Ikemba can only be compared to three people in the whole of Africa; great Zik, Nelson Mandela and Kwame Nkruma. As for Awolowoa he was convicted for treason by the government of Zik/Balewa and subsequent committed suicide.

Can somebody get me the picture of Awolowao's suicide attack on himself with otapiapia grin

@ Chino tell them, they re cowards and that they shall remain.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by aljharem(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2012

Don't be silly, if someone outside knows your father since he was a kid then he definatly knows him more than you do !!!

Ojukwu was a vailian and no matter how much una try paint am, you can never justify his action to even the most objective dumb person on earth. Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by aljharem(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2012
ekwy nwa:

@ Chino tell them, they re cowards and that they shall remain.

But that is one person

Imagine Nzeribe buying weapons to kill Igbo

Igbo on Igbo crime is worse

Are you aware that Nzeribe bought weapons to kill 3 million Igbo people ?

BTW we have not concluded on Abiola but Nzeribe is in Abuja enjoying blood money. LOL mumu Igbo people
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
The continuous villification of General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) over the annulment of June 12,1993 presidential election, even 17 years after leaving power as the military president has compelled him and his followers to attempt at putting the records right by unmasking the gladiators, and the role they played.

According to one of his loyalists who is also a gubernatorial aspirant in Imo state, Mr. Brady Chijioke Nwosu, “Babangida's weakness remains his benevolence. After seeing the video recorded by Babangida's security network during his reign containing the meetings where many groups and high level individuals some of who claim to be democrats today were begging and pleading that IBB should annul the June 12, 1993 Presidential election, we pleaded that IBB should allow it to be aired publicly but he refused, admitting and taking responsibility over what happened. However, with recent events in the polity he has agreed to release the video”.

Forces behind the annulment of Jun12

A top member of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP) told TNT that June 12 died before the elections. “You will recall that there was a subsisting court order stopping the election from taking place and the party hierarchy did not appeal because by then Chief Abiola had parted
ways with his political associates.” Asked what happened, he opined that Chief Abiola established a campaign organization and that undermined the authority of the party. It is not done any where in the world, no matter how popular the candidate is.” The then Chairman of SDP, Chief Anthony Anenih was said to have had confrontations with Abiola before the election; Alhaji Abubakar Rimi had parted ways with Abiola, Jonathan Zwingina,
head of Abiola's Hope 93 had seen the signs that the elections may not hold due to the clandestine moves of the human rights groups and most of Abiola's kinsmen to Aso Rock to forestall the conduct of the election.Chief Abiola had also boasted to Chief Arthur Nzeribe that he could win the election without the South East, a statement that infuriated and motivated Nzeribe to form the Association for Better
Nigeria,(ABN) the group that got a court injunction stopping the conduct of the election

Before, June 12, many prominent Yorubas due to envy and selfishness had gone to Babangida, pleading with him not to allow Abiola run for the election. Some of these people included traditional rulers, the Oni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, etc. There were many of them who dined with Abiola in the day and hanged out with Babangida at night and deceived him using most of the military top brass to force him not to allow the election hold in the first place. This group included, Olusegun Obasanjo, Lateef Jakande, Wole Awolowo, Sunday Unongo, Lamidi Adedibu, Tochukwu Onwugbufor, TOS. Benson, Olu Onagoruwa, Sunday Adewusi, Ebenezer Babatope, Sule Lamido, Clement Akpamgbo, Rtd Justice Nasir,
Umaru Dikko who did his shooting from exile.

Obasanjo was said to have called Babangida several times and gave him a firm order not to hand over power to Abiola. Abiola and Obasanjo had a long time hatred for each other and Obasanjo confirmed his position when he said that Abiola was not the messiah Nigeria needs.

Chief Anenih as the chairman of SDP had led a delegation of party members to Babangida not to allow Abiola due to irreconcilable differences. Wole Awolowo, son of the late Sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo had vendetta in mind. He went to Babangida fronting his mother, Chief Mrs.HOD. Awolowo, pleading to Babangida not to allow Abiola to hold power in retaliation to what Abiola did to their father in 1979 and 1983 when he campaigned against Awolowo in the South- West.

[b]Abiola was publicly loved but secretly hated by his own people, especially all the Awolowo's boys [/b]under the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN). And so most of the Yorubas that took appointment under Gen.. Sani Abacha's government were Awolowo's loyalists. African Guardian of June 27, 1994 reported the events of pre and post June 12 as follows:

``These human right groups did every thing they could against the SDP, whose intelligentsia and
youth membership were more accessible to them, in order to prevent a successful presidential
election on June 12, 1993.

They dismissed the whole exercise as a fraud, the candidates as Babangida's puppets and the two parties as Parastatals and called for a boycott. They of course failed. But by turning 360 degrees and riding on the June 12 victory they managed to put themselves in a position from which they could continue diverting attention. They undermined the credibility of the June 12 presidential election even before it had taken place.``After the annulment of the election on June 23, 1993 and the massive popular nationwide outrage against it, these human rights groups changed their position 360 degrees, in a most unprincipled way. The very election they had noisily denounced as a fraudulent exercise in a fraudulent political programme, they turned around to acclaim as expressing the democratic will of the Nigerian people. The question of how the SDP, the parastatal of a military dictatorship, could produce a democratic election victory has never been answered by these groups, because their denunciation of the SDP was not in the first place derived from a well thought out and a principled position, but was simply theatrical political demagoguery.

The truth remains that even most of those who sincerely worked for Abiola never believed that his muslim- muslim ticket will sell, some believed that Babangida had planted Alhaji Tofa of the NRC to coast to victory against Abiola. Even Alao Aka- Bashorun had called MKO the puppet of IBB.

As the first set of the June 12 1993 presidential election result was being released, there was fear especially on the part of Abiola's haters in the south- west. They placed calls and pressure on IBB and sent documents showing the security risk in allowing an Abiola presidency, his dealings with American CIA and debts mounting into billions of dollars on the parts of the Nigerian government to Abiola, an issue they argued will sink the country's interest.The pressure was heavy, Babangida consulted and not only was it reached that Abiola's presidency would be unfavourable, Babangida felt unsave in the hands of the military establishment. On the 23rd of June, 1993 Babangida did the obvious; the election was annulled and the same group became sympathetic to Abiola. Babangida while signing the annulment decree was quoted as saying, ``The step was taken to save our judiciary from being ridiculed and politicized locally and internationally.`

The cashing in of political vultures

http://thetycoonmagazine.com/tycoon1/article2.html

Yoruba leaders re bunch of sell outs. modern day Judas Iscariot
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem:

But that is one person

Imagine Nzeribe buying weapons to kill Igbo

Igbo on Igbo crime is worse

Are you aware that Nzeribe bought weapons to kill 3 million Igbo people ?

BTW we have not concluded on Abiola but Nzeribe is in Abuja enjoying blood money. LOL mumu Igbo people

confused ,mallam how far? it really sucks to be a nama
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Abiola spent 4 years in jail for an ''ojukokoro'' cause and was returned in a body bag, it really sucks to be an Yoruba
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by aljharem(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
ekwy nwa:

confused ,mallam how far? it really sucks to be a nama

I am yoruba, I have told you times without number, I am yoruba from the Awori-egun stock
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem:

I am yoruba, I have told you times without number, I am yoruba from the Awori-egun stock

really? since when?
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by aljharem(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2012
ekwy nwa:

really? since when?

since I decided to
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by 999666: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem:

since I decided to
Alajhi Alajhi!!! I dey feel you die grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2012
alj harem:

since I decided to

good one, hope u wont decide to be zulu tomoro? good luck with your decisions mallam.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by iiiyyyk(m): 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
i strongly believe DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU IS THE GREATEST NIGERIAN THAT HAS EVER LIVED

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 12:37am On Apr 11, 2012
mallam don deny his root because of boko haram.Too bad cool
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 12:41am On Apr 11, 2012
Dont you know our biafran sister iwela will be more recognized in big top world organization as a BIAFRAN?? cool cool sorry for you lot.....
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Austinodark(m): 1:05am On Apr 11, 2012
OJUKWU IS A LEGEND
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by Nnenna1(f): 3:33am On Apr 11, 2012
bakila:

You are living in Nigeria, some folks writing tribal rubbish are not. Like someone said the bigots have reported for duty. Our collective bigotry has left those at the helm of affiars with plenty options to amass wealth and leave us messed up. If all the sectional Army and civilians have directed their concern at those in power we would have been less frustrated.
But alas Onlytruth Eze gburugburu of Niaraland is a Biafran.

I am actually not in Nigeria at the moment.

About your reference to Biafra - let's just agree to disagree on what the event lasting 1967-1970 means. I have a few biases as an Igbo (as most Igbos do), and I see that you clearly have yours as a Hausa-Fulani (as most Hausa-Fulanis do). There are some issues that we will never agree on based on this (it seems).

However at the end it's all politics and yes, we are all Nigerians trying to get by. It is sad that we play dirty by calling each other names and escalating things to an ugly level. If this site runs on enabling this pettiness, then maybe we could be proactive in getting out, breathing, meeting people, and stopping the tendency to stereotype everything we experience.

Everyone, chill out!
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ojeoguc: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2012
[quote author=Nnenna1]

I am actually not in Nigeria at the moment.

About your reference to Biafra - let's just agree to disagree on what the event lasting 1967-1970 means. I have a few biases as an Igbo (as most Igbos do), and I see that you clearly have yours as a Hausa-Fulani (as most Hausa-Fulanis do). There are some issues that we will never agree on based on this (it seems).

However at the end it's all politics and yes, we are all Nigerians trying to get by. It is sad that we play dirty by calling each other names and escalating things to an ugly level. If this site runs on enabling this pettiness, then maybe we could be proactive in getting out, breathing, meeting people, and stopping the tenden
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ojeoguc: 10:49am On Apr 11, 2012
Ojukwu is more than a legend
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by ojeoguc: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2012
My fellow Nigerians I greet u all .have u ever heard about the man they call martin elechi , the so call ebonyi state governor that is busy loting and killing his own people.
Re: Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu by mpumalanga: 1:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
ndu_chucks:

This attempt to turn the BH war into a religious war is irresponsible at best.

Stick with discussing Achebe and Ojukwu for now. Happy Easter Monday

the topic is about Ojukwu but I understand that Ojukwu made name by taking a bold and selfless steps to stop the first boko haram equivalent.we Africans should stop using the wastage of live to play politics and use good command of english to justify crime against humanity.good education must accompany the demonstration of good conscience for us to restore the dignity of Africans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi’s Faction Of APGA Barred From Party’s National Secretariat / Major Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro(Sep 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) / Ladipo Market Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.