Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency (3485 Views)

FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship / Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers / Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by ak47mann(m): 12:42am On Apr 10, 2012
Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths

UMUAHIA—ABIA State government has offered jobs to 4,500 youths under its programme on youth empowerment.

Governor Theodore Orji’s Chief Press Secretary, Ugochukwu Emezue, who disclosed this, explained that the number was exclusive of another 1,000 youths empowered by the state oil producing community commission, ASOPADEC.

According to Emezue, a good number of the 4,500 youths will be working in the state’s environmental agency as change agents to ensure that the state was kept clean.

He explained that they would help in ensuring that the people, especially Aba residents, disposed their refuse properly into designated bins to keep the state clean.

He said the governor in the past few months, had donated more than 20 refuse disposal trucks to ASEAPA, the state environmental sanitation agency, to ensure cleanliness of the state and that more of the trucks were sent to Aba.

He said: “ANESPA is doing well. The only thing is that Aba people, the kind of waste they generate is overwhelming and the irony of it is that rather than putting them in the designated dump sites they throw them into the gutters. We can only appeal to them.

“But the governor is planning to mobilize the 4,500 youths that will be given jobs soon to act as agents of change, and help to check the incessant environmental degradation, especially those who throw refuse into the drainages. They will help in the cleanliness of the state”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/abia-govt-employs-4500-youths/
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by LailaIkeji1: 12:48am On Apr 10, 2012
how much will they be paid for packing Aba durty?!! hmm, well half bread beta pass chewing gum. cool
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 10, 2012
Employing youth to clear garbage, gutters and sewers. sad

Employment indeed. Shyt country.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Afam4eva(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2012
pDude: Employing youth to clear garbage, gutters and sewers. sad

Employment indeed. Shyt country.

If the don''t do it, who will? If everyone keeps running from such jobs then there will be no one left to do them. It's good as long as they are paid well.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 10, 2012
afam4eva:

If the don''t do it, who will? If everyone keeps running from such jobs then there will be no one left to do them. It's good as long as they are paid well.

Please I would like to see you with the ASEPA team stationed on Aba-Owerri road in Aba this morning. You know the dumpster near Park, the one that plays host to a lot of ground faeces of mad men and derelicts? Yeah that one.

Please come well decked because the refuse and faeces are at a record high this morning because of all the festivities of days past.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by doctokwus: 10:14am On Apr 10, 2012
D clown has more clownish acts hidden in his bags.If he is not celebratin d resurfacin of patches of roads,he wi b celebratin d sellin of kero at d stadium to all abians,evn if u live in aba or d villa,bring along ur 20litres keg,trek if u can;now its employin 4500 youths.I bet d figure won't b greater dan 500,poorly paid& soon to b agents of harassment& extortion to all residents of d state
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2012
pDude:

Please I would like to see you with the ASEPA team stationed on Aba-Owerri road in Aba this morning. You know the dumpster near Park, the one that plays host to a lot of ground faeces of mad men and derelicts? Yeah that one.

Please come well decked because the refuse and faeces are at a record high this morning because of all the festivities of days past.

No thanks, ii have a job unlike the thousands of youths that were employed in this scheme.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2012
RUBBISH!!!

Yup rubbish!! Thats what this is!!

Why isnt the government encouraging private individuals to go into waste management!! So what would these boys be doing exactly?! Packing refuse from dumpsites or cleaning out gutters or would they be like the LASTMA of refuse that run after offenders?!

Typical!!

The only upside to this news is that 4500 Youths would have a means of income . . . . The rest of this news, is nothing short of RUBBISH!!

Halelluyah!
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Redman44(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2012
I feel this is a good move by the Abia State Government. What I don't like is the word 'Donating' used to refer to Governor Theodore Orji's giving out Refuse Disposal Trucks. The Governor is merely doing what he is supposed to do as the leader of Abia State. I will prefer it if the Abia State Government can go into proper Recycling of waste products in the state. Building two Recycling Plants in the State will ensure that the rubbish generated in the state is recycled and sold to Companies in Nigeria and Asia who can now reuse them as raw materials. The Lagos State Government is doing something in this regard. Governor Fashola has implemented a recycling policy for Lagos and I've seen photographs of what is going on there. Rubbish can yield good money for Abia State if it recycled properly. Nigeria as a country needs a National Recycling Policy. People should stop bashing the Abia State Government cry cry cry. Theodore Orji is on the right track. Cheers.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by ReachRich(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2012
Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency
Na Wash!
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by ulonnaya21: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2012
This is a welcome development for Abians. Our youths really need to be engaged, so long as they are well paid. Waste disposal is very essential in life and it's life time. My advice to the government of Abia state is to institute a waste disposal factory where all this waste will be collected and put into other uses. Good Initiative by Gov. TA
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Ikndukwe: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
Abia is coming up to lime light. We really needs to be engaged seriously so that our youth will be busy positively, and the society will be devoid of hoodlums, terrorists and the likes. the Governor should be commended seriously for this single gesture. Abians should appreciate the governor either by solidarity or by radio gingles. This is my humble suggestion as it will go a long way to appease the mind of the governor to do more. Ochendo daalu!
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by patrikobi: 1:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
THE FACT THAT T.A ORJI HAS INITIATED MORE WORKFORCE THAT WILL HELP TACKLE ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION,HE HAS DONE SO WELL BY DOING SO...NOT WITHSTANDING I EXPECT MORE AND MORE OF THE CRITICS IN TANTRUM ,WITH THEIR HEAVY CENSURE WHICH THEY PULL TOGETHER IN AN ATTEMPT TO SMACK HIM DOWN...BUT I THINK HE IS NOT GOING TO LET THAT DISTRACT HIM FROM DOING MORE AND ENGAGING ON MORE IMPERATIVE.....AS FOR T.A I SAY,MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW,I PRAY THAT GOD ALMIGHTY GIVE YOU MORE VISION,STRENGTH TO CARRY ON,PERSEVERANCE,MORE ENRICHED WISDOM TO DEVELOP FRUITFUL AND RESOURCEFUL INITIATIVE THAT WILL BENEFIT ABIANS....GOD BLESS ABIA STATE
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by patrikobi: 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2012
It's hard to please men,no matter how best your bested achievements are on the face of the earth.The world on it own is insatiable or unsaturated & the people in it are naturally molded & fashioned with hatred,jealousy,strife,conflict,selfish machination to condemn their fellow man,no matter how good a man's bested interest to keep giving out his best is at all time,his quest to search for that singular,basic means of making the world a better place for all looks abortive.T.A Orji,has a flare to continually seek for one solution-solving means which may be the modest answer to every challenges Abia state is facing or may be facing.He never folded his arms,that i think.He aims at reaching out to sundry places,to enable Abians share from the dividends of democracy.This is the time to refrain from rancorous ,nefarious and falsified rumours against T.A Orji.Let us visit places that have been said that the governor has fixed and the jobs he is creating to help the youths ,this will give room for any critic to say what he feels in order to be able to know if what has been professed of T.A's administration spares him derogation or not.but for me ,i think T.A is doing every thing possible to put Abia ahead of time.....
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by chiomen: 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2012
Good concept. Engaging the youths in this way will take them off the street to something meaningful. it will actually reduce crime rate and unemployment. I pray the state government will continue this program until a good number of our youths are gainfully employed
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by crackhouse(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
With peanuts as their monthly takeaway.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by crackhouse(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
With peanuts as their monthly takeaway. Employment indeed.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Cupidkc(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
Abia state govt shld go and employ back the sacked non-indigenes b4 all ds bo-ha-ha...mtcheew
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by doctokwus: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2012
patrikobi: It's hard to please men,no matter how best your bested achievements are on the face of the earth.The world on it own is insatiable or unsaturated & the people in it are naturally molded & fashioned with hatred,jealousy,strife,conflict,selfish machination to condemn their fellow man,no matter how good a man's bested interest to keep giving out his best is at all time,his quest to search for that singular,basic means of making the world a better place for all looks abortive.T.A Orji,has a flare to continually seek for one solution-solving means which may be the modest answer to every challenges Abia state is facing or may be facing.He never folded his arms,that i think.He aims at reaching out to sundry places,to enable Abians share from the dividends of democracy.This is the time to refrain from rancorous ,nefarious and falsified rumours against T.A Orji.Let us visit places that have been said that the governor has fixed and the jobs he is creating to help the youths ,this will give room for any critic to say what he feels in order to be able to know if what has been professed of T.A's administration spares him derogation or not.but for me ,i think T.A is doing every thing possible to put Abia ahead of time.....
Do u evn read some of d things u type?Are u not embarassed reading all ur grammatical blunders& use of heavy sounding words,wt wrong tenses dnt mean anything?.Y don't u go & improve urself 1st before contributing to any forum,its for your own good.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by stannydon(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2012
patrikobi: THE FACT THAT T.A ORJI HAS INITIATED MORE WORKFORCE THAT WILL HELP TACKLE ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION,HE HAS DONE SO WELL BY DOING SO...NOT WITHSTANDING I EXPECT MORE AND MORE OF THE CRITICS IN TANTRUM ,WITH THEIR HEAVY CENSURE WHICH THEY PULL TOGETHER IN AN ATTEMPT TO SMACK HIM DOWN...BUT I THINK HE IS NOT GOING TO LET THAT DISTRACT HIM FROM DOING MORE AND ENGAGING ON MORE IMPERATIVE.....AS FOR T.A I SAY,MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW,I PRAY THAT GOD ALMIGHTY GIVE YOU MORE VISION,STRENGTH TO CARRY ON,PERSEVERANCE,MORE ENRICHED WISDOM TO DEVELOP FRUITFUL AND RESOURCEFUL INITIATIVE THAT WILL BENEFIT ABIANS....GOD BLESS ABIA STATE

You are one of most unreasonable sycophants he is using. Theodre Orji is the worst thing that happened to Abia people. I`m not from Abia State but always passes through Abia State, I know the guy is a complete idiot. Sometimes i used to wonder how those kind of people managed to get into public sector talk less of being a governor.He`s just like someone who drinks palm wine first thing in the morning. He is a complete slowpoke.All these money he is stealing with his useless son will surely bring shame and disgrace to his entire generation. Governor my foot!
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by stannydon(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2012
ak47mann: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths

UMUAHIA—ABIA State government has offered jobs to 4,500 youths under its programme on youth empowerment.

Governor Theodore Orji’s Chief Press Secretary, Ugochukwu Emezue, who disclosed this, explained that the number was exclusive of another 1,000 youths empowered by the state oil producing community commission, ASOPADEC.

According to Emezue, a good number of the 4,500 youths will be working in the state’s environmental agency as change agents to ensure that the state was kept clean.

He explained that they would help in ensuring that the people, especially Aba residents, disposed their refuse properly into designated bins to keep the state clean.

He said the governor in the past few months, had donated more than 20 refuse disposal trucks to ASEAPA, the state environmental sanitation agency, to ensure cleanliness of the state and that more of the trucks were sent to Aba.

He said: “ANESPA is doing well. The only thing is that Aba people, the kind of waste they generate is overwhelming and the irony of it is that rather than putting them in the designated dump sites they throw them into the gutters. We can only appeal to them.

“But the governor is planning to mobilize the 4,500 youths that will be given jobs soon to act as agents of change, and help to check the incessant environmental degradation, especially those who throw refuse into the drainages. They will help in the cleanliness of the state”.

This guy is a clawn. Theodre Orji is the worst thing that happened to Abia people. I`m not from Abia State but always passes through Abia State, I know the guy is a complete idiot. Sometimes i used to wonder how those kind of people managed to get into public sector talk less of being a governor.He`s just like someone who drinks palm wine first thing in the morning. He is a complete slowpoke.All these money he is stealing with his useless son will surely bring shame and disgrace to his entire generation. Governor my foot!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/abia-govt-employs-4500-youths/
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by emindu: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
Donation of numerous refuse disposal trucks of abia state environmental protection Agency (ASEPA)this gesture of the governor has tremendously enhanced environmental provision and sustainability with consequent boost to the health status of the entire resident of abia state. with this ideal of the governor it will also create room for employment among the youths in abia.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by noiseless: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
I hate this man and his anambra brother mr Obi, they can never prove anyone wrong, what a shameless bunch they are. Tufiakwa!
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by Johnson6: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
Good work Gov. Carry go
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by chiomen: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
crackhouse: With peanuts as their monthly takeaway. Employment indeed.
Half bread is better than nothing at all. This initiative whether you agree or not is definitely going to have great impact on the target audience on the long run. It will also provide room for modification as time goes on. We need more of these empowerment programs carried out by Federal, State, Local goverments, and other Institution saddled with carrying out such initiative. We as youths should know what we want and go for it. With an opportunity to participate in a green initiative my brother is worth recommendable. There's alot we can gain through this 21st century compliant program.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by manny4life(m): 2:54am On Apr 11, 2012
LOL, blanket job creation

Like someone said, if he's really interested in employment, let him create entry-level waste management procedures including recycling. Who doesn't know thrash is money? grin grin grin grin If I had a recycling plant, then we talk about employment, going-green/green initiative, and the environment.

Let's the give the governor a round of applause.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by dayokanu(m): 5:36am On Apr 11, 2012
Aba made version of Aregbesolas OYES
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by emindu: 9:55am On Apr 11, 2012
OCHENDO CARRY GO WITH THE GOOD WORK YOU HAVE STARTED IN ABIA STATE, OUR YOUTH ARE REALLY PROUD OF YOU AS THE GOVERNOR OF THIS STATE, AND PROMISE TO SUPPORT YOU.
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by chisunday(m): 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
What baffles me much is that this so called governor of abia state has no single vision at all.why is it that in the whole of south east and south south he is the worst.compared to what other govnors are doing he has not even done a quarter,nothing is going on in the state except in radio and tv.Bleep
Re: Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency by mizne1: 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Speaker's Mother Kidnapped / Go General Go! (the Pics Of Victory) - Cramjones / Buhari Losing His Popularity By The Second

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.