Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram (8185 Views)

Nigerian Army To Increase Personnel Strength To 200,000 / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Buhari Should Call His 'Dogs' To Order – Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by MissC1: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
grin grin as a gud citizen,am suportn dis wt d whole bingos in my vilag
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by prettyboi1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
Akaraiwe: Sniffer dogs all over the world have got lots of advantages on security work. You can't equal the lives of one human with 500dogs. A well trained dog doesn't compromise or take bribe. Also no one on earth wants to be bitten by a dog. Dogs are loyal to their owners/handlers. If this development is followed up as planned. It will curb their(Boko Haram) activities to a large extent
Exactly. You've said it all.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by prettyboi1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
& also just so all of you guys know,not just any kinds of dogs are recruited to combat terrorism & help out in security works. Certain species of dogs are recruited. I guess they'd be properly trained & taken care of too just like the horses in the Nigerian military. The horses are not just "horses" to the Nigerian military,they are also soldiers & very much part of the Nigerian military & they also have ranks & are also promoted & so they are also entitled to being properly taken care of or some human beings would pay dearly.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Akaraiwe(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
@new Maonza
My brother,you won't understand until u see the potential of a well trained dog. The only fear I have is with our lack of maintenance culture. The work of these dogs is detection and to alert handlers,sometimes attack when 'the enemy' tries to resist apprehension. I believe your idea of dogs are the hungry mongrels that stray around various streets. Hey bro,canine prowess isn't something to underestimate!.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by AGBORMAN1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
This is a very good move by the military to fight boko haram.

Once upon a time i was in the queue at Heathrow Airport,

I had only £500 in my pocket coming to naija,

One security dog came to me and sat down under my 2 legs and refused to leave.

I almost shi-it myself. The Security officer came to me and asked if i have
some cash with me, I said £500.

Dogs dont take bribes. ok.
I welcome Nigeria government to use Modern Technology to fight these Bloody bastered.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by slam7000(m): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2012
Hope the handlers will not be officers from cross river or akwa ibom.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by cute08: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
Make we dey see now
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by chinny16: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
Dog ehhhhhhhh. Dey jus wnt suffer innocent dogs oooooooo.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by dasparrow: 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
I just hope those intelligent well trained canines don't end up in someone's cooking pot considering that in this day and age, some Nigerians actually eat dog meat embarassed

In advanced nations, canines are used in the military, the police force, at airports, for security, in hospitals as therapy for the sick and so on and so forth. I have much respect for those God-created intelligent creatures. It is a shame that most African nations except maybe South Africa that has a sizeable oyibo population still don't know the value of canines and their ability to help out with different kinds of work including herding and farm work. I just hope they feed those specially trained dogs a nutritionally balanced diet and have veterinary care available for them.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Milikiman: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
each dog fit dey cost millions again,im feedin money go be gbam.na wao god go help us
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by megareal: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
S-t-o-r-y. Like everything else that goes gaga in naija, those dogs need only smell the 'bones' in boko haram bag to forget the bombs. he he he.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by warrior101: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
this worked for the advanced countries so i am certain it will work for us too... it's not hard to notice these days that things/changes are beginning to happen in nigeria despite the criticism of GEJ.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Emylexray(m): 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
U09ce: Naija.Are d dogs immortal?Do u mean BH guys will stay look wit their eyes while d so called dogs pounce on them?mcheeew
ask them o!...so we now believe if humans can't do it, dogs can? Funny! How will a dog detect the smell of a bomb? Abeg, they should think of something else.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by newmaonza: 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
slam7000: Hope the handlers will not be officers from cross river or akwa ibom.
My Brother, those dogs r safe as long as dey r imported pure breeds. . . Alsatian, pitbull etc no make sense as 404 meat, men give it to d local bingo's
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Ukinebo: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2012
I think dog is not the most smell animal ,it's pig cos it feed from the ground it smell any thing so I think that is wot the Nigeria army need not dog.in most part of Europe that is wot they use in their border post .
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by onatisi(m): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
my guys do u remember that when us navy seals went to kill bin laden they took a specially trained dog with them?the kind of job these dogs do and will be doing we may not know now.but i know it will do with smell.for example if anyone has had contact with certain chemicals which the dog are trained to sniff he will questioned
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by billyG(m): 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2012
Dog fighting Boko-haram,he! he!! he!!!i laugh in kanuri,how can a doggy distinguise btw boko harm frm ordinary law abiding Aboki? even if dog can sniff bomb can it sniff bomb garnised with pepper or snuff? i laugh again in kanuri naija i hail thee.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by killuminati(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
grin
Jabioro: We are waiting for the dogs,and another fresh meat for aboki.
Aboki nor dey chop dog bro, shey you be calabar? Okoro grin
Jabioro: We are waiting for the dogs,and another fresh meat for aboki.
Aboki nor dey chop dog bro, shey you be calabar? Okoro
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by kwalinz: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
Its unbecoming and pathetic that some pple @ dis present dispensation still show blatant myopic understanding on issues like dis.sum 1 said wat d Security Operatives can't do,dey feel dogs will do.If I may ask,hu uses d dogs?Dogs have extremely sharp sense of smell and of course wen trained on bomb sniffin,dey will deliver,since dey dnt work wif d kind of attire u wear,ur facial expression,d qty of load in ur car,or d classy ryd u'r in(as some BH guys do,I heard) but d exact explosive material,I absolutely see no reason y d devt shouldn't be welcomed. Bravo Army pple jor!
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Ayatullah(m): 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
NOONSENSE + RUUBISH = INVITING BOKO HARAM TO STARTING ANOTHER WAR ON MAN'S BEST FRIEND
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by newmaonza: 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2012
kwalinz: Its unbecoming and pathetic that some pple @ dis present dispensation still show blatant myopic understanding on issues like dis.sum 1 said wat d Security Operatives can't do,dey feel dogs will do.If I may ask,hu uses d dogs?Dogs have extremely sharp sense of smell and of course wen trained on bomb sniffin,dey will deliver,since dey dnt work wif d kind of attire u wear,ur facial expression,d qty of load in ur car,or d classy ryd u'r in(as some BH guys do,I heard) but d exact explosive material,I absolutely see no reason y d devt shouldn't be welcomed. Bravo Army pple jor!
people dey talk 4get say na inside naija dem dey, can dis dogs b more dan d ones used to secure NNPC head quarters, whn u watch films where dis dogs perform itz not majorly d dogs, itz d brains & d systems behind it, I join others laughing in tongues cos we know where dis Federal money go enter
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by cindyrella(f): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
Are the dogs immortal? If yes nice move, if no then lets wait and see!!
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by revolt(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2012
A nwafor at work!! After years of stagnation in the miltary ihejirika a nwafor has come on board and unlike conservative military of before Were beginning to have a professional miltary!! Nwafor
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by barikay: 12:13am On Apr 12, 2012
oradee: so in the vast hither land of the north, no living northern soul can tip-off security operatives of the activities of boko haram?

my brother something is been hid
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by prettyboi1(m): 12:20am On Apr 12, 2012
kwalinz: Its unbecoming and pathetic that some pple @ dis present dispensation still show blatant myopic understanding on issues like dis.sum 1 said wat d Security Operatives can't do,dey feel dogs will do.If I may ask,hu uses d dogs?Dogs have extremely sharp sense of smell and of course wen trained on bomb sniffin,dey will deliver,since dey dnt work wif d kind of attire u wear,ur facial expression,d qty of load in ur car,or d classy ryd u'r in(as some BH guys do,I heard) but d exact explosive material,I absolutely see no reason y d devt shouldn't be welcomed. Bravo Army pple jor!
My brother I share this same view with you. Some people are so very daft in their thinking.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by kokoA(m): 12:55am On Apr 12, 2012
pretty_boi:
My brother I share this same view with you. Some people are so very daft in their thinking.
. Ok, you call people 'daft' abi? Tell me, a bokoharamite loads his explosives in his car and crashes it into a building, how does you 'wonder dogs' stop that? We are talking about people who are ready to blow themselves and whatever that comes (including the dogs) their way here, what has snifer dogs gat to do with that?
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Double194(m): 2:27am On Apr 12, 2012
darlingbas: the topic of this thread got me cranking, anyone heard of 404 pepper-soup. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
with Utazi leaves, enough Onions, ginger or garlic.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 12, 2012
Which kind yeye bomb their BINGO won smell. Na shit the dog go dey smell. Mtschew angry
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by jaydacorsair: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2012
Nigerians can just be stupid at times, we just open our mouths and conclude what we don't know. Dogs can be trained to fight or aid combat terrorism in several ways.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by zicopro(m): 7:56am On Apr 12, 2012
pls let me tell us well trained dog is more calculative than human and more faster in action than human. Some of us who enter nairaland from village hv never seen where trained dogs fight criminals.
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by Supergwin(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2012
Soon dey'll use trained lions.. Mtcheww... *onto d nxt gist pls*
Re: Army To Use Specially Trained Dogs To Fight Boko Haram by mygsmnairacom(m): 10:10am On Apr 12, 2012
Ayatullah: NOONSENSE + RUUBISH = INVITING BOKO HARAM TO STARTING ANOTHER WAR ON MAN'S BEST FRIEND

LWKMD! grin grin grin grin I can just imagine BH placing a fatwa on all dogs for their role in the fight against terrorism. This your post na die.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: UN Moves To Create New Country Out Of Nigeria, Cameroon •the Nigerian / Please Don't Renominate Lauretta Onochie For INEC Job - Actionaid, 70 Groups / This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.